Patch Notes - 1.4.248.0 - 23-November-2021

110 replies to this topic

#41 Freimaurer

• PipPip
  • Shredder
  • 22 posts

Posted 21 November 2021 - 03:09 AM

HBR Quirks big bulshit, Missel and Balistic ?

#42 justcallme A S H

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • 8,987 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, AU

Posted 21 November 2021 - 03:30 AM

View PostThe6thMessenger, on 20 November 2021 - 10:53 PM, said:

Yep. Just tried building 2x UAC10 on a summoner via MechDB. Could only pour 4 tons of ammo, but already shaven armor completely off arms, and a bit on legs.

Yeah +25% ammo/ton will definitely do the trick, +50% would be excellent.

The Dual UAC10 SMN is actually incredibly strong when built correctly with the right omni pods etc.

You can comfortably fit 4.5T with skill tree. That is more than enough for 1200 damage. Well above what the vast majority of the player base will ever need.

Giving it more of an ammo buff would be pretty insane.

#43 Pz_DC

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Staff Sergeant
  • 1,100 posts

Posted 21 November 2021 - 04:21 AM

Please, revert DRG-FANG change - it was fine with ac10 CD, but now it's was trade for useless missle CD :(

#44 Navid A1

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2022 Gold Champ
  • CS 2022 Gold Champ
  • 4,931 posts
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted 21 November 2021 - 01:20 PM

View PostGamaclese 1, on 20 November 2021 - 07:44 PM, said:

Any love on the way for the Summoner at all? Iconic clan mech, struggles with low available tonnage. Even swapping out Ferro for Endo steel would be a quick, easy change - lose no slots, gain a couple spare tons

You'll be happy next month then
Such things can be done indirectly.

Edited by Navid A1, 21 November 2021 - 01:59 PM.

#45 Navid A1

• CS 2022 Gold Champ
  • CS 2022 Gold Champ
  • 4,931 posts
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted 21 November 2021 - 01:58 PM

View PostD V Devnull, on 21 November 2021 - 03:08 AM, said:

...and I got left to ask the following....... Why does it seem like the Mauler's MAL-KO "Knockout" Variant is taking a straight-up Nerf via loss of the "-10% LRM Cooldown" in terms of being an alternate Variant to choose versus the MAL-1R instead??? As an example, this change really hurts Hybrid Builds on the MAL-KO that use LRMs in combination with Ballistics being mounted on the Arm HardPoints for use. For that matter, it even seems to force Missile & Energy MAL-1R mixes over the use of Missile & Ballistic mixes on the battlefields and therefore reduces Build Variety overall from the Mauler Chassis and what options it could have had. I had been starting to think of picking up the Mauler's MAL-KO "Knockout" Variant for my own use, but that change to the MAL-KO may have totally trashed the inclination. So what happened that incurred this change to the MAL-KO Variant's list of Quirks so sharply??? Posted Image

Other than the above confusion, I have also been playing with the Mist Lynx's MLX-Prime Variant recently. Even with using All Six Missile-Related Skill Nodes to help me on a particular Build that took me a few to create, I repeatedly run out of Ammo to keep fighting with even though I make my shots square-on basically every time. So if it's possible, I would like to request an "Extra 25% Missile Ammo Per Ton" Quirk (which comes to "30 SRMs"/"~3 NARCs"/"30 SSRMs"/"60 LRMs"/"~26 ATMs" Per Ton each, if my Math is still any good at all) on the MLX-Prime Left Arm (it is the only OmniPod on all the Mist Lynx's Variants with only a single Missile HardPoint to use, and no other HardPoints present for manipulation) but without altering any other Quirks present on the MLX-Prime Variant's OmniPods at this time. As it is, I'm barely able to keep my MLX-Prime Build's design viable right now, and any unfortunate loss of already-present Quirks would cause that Build to become immediately non-viable on the spot and thoroughly destroyed out of the customized Roles for which the Mech happens to be designed. It would definitely be somewhat of a relief – even if only a very minor one – to receive an "Extra 25% Missile Ammo Per Ton" Quirk added onto that single Mist Lynx Left Arm OmniPod for use in battle... May the MLX-Prime's Left Arm please have that Missile Ammo Quirk to use, and save it (kind of like how the added Ballistic Ammo for the UrbanMech had a similar effect) from being such a lacking OmniPod in the process??? Or is there something blocking additional help for it even though I did not foresee any real problem? If you think that MLX Left Arm needs a bigger Missile Ammo Quirk provided, or that the Set-Of-8 could also stack another 25% (for 50% Total to use) on top of the requested OmniPod boost, then I'm all thumbs-up on the matter because I was only asking for the absolute minimum to bring the Build up to being reasonable. Posted Image

...and then with that pair of hopefully constructive replies done, I shall scoot for now because I have something else which I'm having to crank away at. See you all later. Posted Image

~D. V. "finally manages to post some thoughts about 2021-11-23's Patch v1.4.248.0 before it lands" Devnull

Regarding Maulers, quirks are applied to reduce overlap according to what builds you can usually do on each specific variant. MAL-1R and MAL-KO on first glance appear to be "alternatives" to eachother, which might be true if you are ONLY running LRMs on both and nothing else. When you consider hybrid builds, the swap in Ballistic and energy hardpoints makes them completely different.

MAL-1R has well placed ballistic hardpoints, however, utilizing large missiles is borderline impossible if you are planning to have ballistic weapons as well (since ballistic weapons are so large and heavy). On the MAL-KO it's the energy hardpoints that are well placed on the mech, and due to low slot cost and tonnage, it's easier to utilize with a large missile payload, either boosting mdeium/long range firepower, or short range dps self defense, as well as the possibility of carrying a TAG laser in a location that does not need full exposure of the mech.

Keeping those differences in mind, The KO has been given a good general heat generation quirk to make able to sustain an energy+missile loadout. This in turn leads to a higher fire output from the KO, and higher velocity and tighter spread on the KO also ensures more robustness against AMS and potential loss of lock and better focused damage.

In Summary, You'll find running LRMs (and also other types of missiles) on the KO to be much more forgiving on the KO with regards to heat and how fast and tightly packed your missiles are, as well as having better access to a secondary weapon system, and TAG. While on the 1R, you'll get to keep the cooldown since most of the time you don't have any other weapon system to compliment the missiles without skipping hard on the number and size of the launchers.

Regarding the MLX.... Check back in December... good things are happening to to Missile focused MLX builds.

#46 Nightbird

• The God of Death
  • The God of Death
  • 7,518 posts

Posted 21 November 2021 - 02:45 PM

If you have a KO LRM boat yeah it's a nerf.

#47 Gamaclese 1

Rookie

• 4 posts

Posted 21 November 2021 - 06:30 PM

View PostNavid A1, on 21 November 2021 - 01:20 PM, said:

Glad to hear it! So happy with all the changes happening, thanks for your work :)

#48 Locked Bolt

• PipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 36 posts

Posted 21 November 2021 - 07:01 PM

View PostNavid A1, on 21 November 2021 - 01:58 PM, said:

Regarding the MLX.... Check back in December... good things are happening to to Missile focused MLX builds.

Are you able to give any specifics? I have been considering buying the Ebon Dragoon but, with all the quirk passes I am wary to buy heroes because of their fluctuating ability in comparison to other variants.

#49 Albert C

• PipPip
  • Shredder
  • 28 posts

Posted 21 November 2021 - 07:30 PM

Can't wait for the next sale. With only 40M CBills I am hesitant to buy any new mech.
I hope PGI will redesign the Canyon Network once more to reduce the crazy long range shenanigans and nascar which is arguably even worse than pre-patch. Also the spawn point in Grim Plexus is imbalanced for current META, where several long range mechs from northern spawn point can quickly capture the eastern high ground and lay down long range suppression fire on any mech in the southern low ground region, which is a must-go for another team in most cases.
On the other hand, are Cauldron allowed to disclose match statistics of mechs?

#50 martian

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,576 posts

Posted 21 November 2021 - 09:37 PM

View PostAlbert C, on 21 November 2021 - 07:30 PM, said:

Can't wait for the next sale. With only 40M CBills I am hesitant to buy any new mech.

If you have bought any 'Mech Pack during the last 12 months, you are going to get a new 'Mech on Tuesday, while you wait for the next sale. So you will be able to play with new Atlas, UrbanMech or Dragonfly.

Posted Image

#51 SlightlyMobileTurret

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Lance Corporal
  • 718 posts

Posted 22 November 2021 - 03:32 AM

View PostNavid A1, on 21 November 2021 - 01:20 PM, said:

C'mon, don't leave us hanging like that Posted Image

Edited by SlightlyMobileTurret, 22 November 2021 - 03:34 AM.

#52 BigBadVlad

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 242 posts

Posted 22 November 2021 - 09:35 AM

Hellbringers and Executioners everywhere....

#53 Clay Endfield

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 172 posts

Posted 22 November 2021 - 09:41 AM

View PostPz_DC, on 21 November 2021 - 04:21 AM, said:

Please, revert DRG-FANG change - it was fine with ac10 CD, but now it's was trade for useless missle CD :(

Do the math on it, dude. A 5% AC-10 cooldown equates to a -0.1 faster firerate. It really comes out next to nothing. In return, we get better velocity by a notable degree, and better Laser Duration; which will have a noticeable impact on the Fang's DPS as well as the ease of shot placement, meaning less time exposing the Fang, and more time to dive behind cover. Factor in the Speed increase quirk, and this is a pretty sizable buff for the Fang.

#54 Kapitan Dotterbart

Rookie

• Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 4 posts

Posted 22 November 2021 - 12:19 PM

That K9 RAC buff makes me a happy Urbie pilot

#55 Wid1046

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 277 posts

Posted 22 November 2021 - 01:50 PM

Just wanted to say thank you Navid. Both for all your work on these patches and for answering questions when they get released.

#56 SpicyBones

Rookie

• Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 1 posts

Posted 22 November 2021 - 08:32 PM

Will the rewards be injected once the patch is finished correct?

<- Australian

Edited by SpicyBones, 22 November 2021 - 08:32 PM.

#57 Ravni

• PipPip
  • Cadet
  • Cadet
  • 39 posts

Posted 22 November 2021 - 08:35 PM

Love all three of the new loyalty variants. A couple of the previously bad Vulcans are looking interesting, as are many of the Dragons with their speed quirk - Fang in particular.

Can't decide which EXE I should buy Posted Image

#58 martian

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,576 posts

Posted 22 November 2021 - 08:44 PM

View PostSpicyBones, on 22 November 2021 - 08:32 PM, said:

Will the rewards be injected once the patch is finished correct?

<- Australian

It should be so.

#59 Aidan Crenshaw

• The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 3,562 posts

Posted 22 November 2021 - 10:26 PM

View PostKapitan Dotterbart, on 22 November 2021 - 12:19 PM, said:

That K9 RAC buff makes me a happy Urbie pilot

Not sure if it's actually a RAC buff, since the quirk only states "UAC jam duration". Note how the NSR-10P got both, "UAC jam duration" AND "RAC ramp down duration".
Maybe some kind member of the Cauldron could jump in to clarify?

#60 Navid A1

• CS 2022 Gold Champ
  • CS 2022 Gold Champ
  • 4,931 posts
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted 23 November 2021 - 12:11 AM

View PostAidan Crenshaw, on 22 November 2021 - 10:26 PM, said:

Not sure if it's actually a RAC buff, since the quirk only states "UAC jam duration". Note how the NSR-10P got both, "UAC jam duration" AND "RAC ramp down duration".
Maybe some kind member of the Cauldron could jump in to clarify?

Yes. K9 is getting UAC Jam duration. As name suggests, UACs will unjam faster as a result.

RAC ramp down duration makes the weapon "cool off" faster when you let go of the trigger.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users