• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 3,632 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationPolar Terma City

Posted 24 November 2021 - 07:19 PM

View PostBuenaventura, on 24 November 2021 - 10:35 AM, said:

He was announced as a reward for participating in the MWO comp queue this year.

I already said above that I forgot about it.
I know what kind of mech it is and how it was made.

#22 sideros

Rookie

• 6 posts

Posted 25 November 2021 - 12:41 PM

Are DRG-1G and TDR-10SE on sale? Both have the 50% off banner but are priced at 5 and 6,5 million. I don't think they would be over 10 million at normal price.

#23 mytilus edulis

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 213 posts

Posted 25 November 2021 - 02:20 PM

I think the TBR-BH might have been missed, it's priced around 16M right now

Edited by mytilus edulis, 25 November 2021 - 02:20 PM.

#24 mytilus edulis

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 213 posts

Posted 25 November 2021 - 02:26 PM

Also looks like the DWF-C was missed as well

#25 Aidan Crenshaw

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 3,563 posts

Posted 25 November 2021 - 02:56 PM

View Postmytilus edulis, on 25 November 2021 - 02:20 PM, said:

I think the TBR-BH might have been missed, it's priced around 16M right now

View Postmytilus edulis, on 25 November 2021 - 02:26 PM, said:

Also looks like the DWF-C was missed as well

They are probably not discounted because they are so new.

#26 catgirl

• PipPipPip
  • The Meta
  • The Meta
  • 66 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationCanopus IV

Posted 26 November 2021 - 10:23 AM

Shucks, just realized I have no mechbays and they're not discounted until after the sale on 'mechs...
Posted Image

Edited by catgirl, 26 November 2021 - 10:24 AM.

#27 Sheridan Mackison

• PipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 48 posts

Posted 26 November 2021 - 02:37 PM

View PostGeneric Internetter, on 24 November 2021 - 08:59 AM, said:

There seems to be a bug with the sale.

A couple of days ago I noticed that Mech Bays were 200 MC each, but now suddenly today with this sale event it said it was going to reduce the price of Mech Bays by 50%, but instead it increased the price by 50% to 300 MC!

I'm trying not to come to the conclusion that it's some kind of dirty tactic to charge more MC for Mech Bays. If this was the case, did you really think that increasing the price to 300 MC then giving a temporary "50% off" would go un-noticed?

With all this being said... WHY ARE MECH BAYS EVEN A THING? Why do we need to buy Mech Bays separately to the Mechs themselves? Why do you need to charge MC for Mech Bays at all? Is it some kind of price-gouging tactic?

None of this smells right.

I understand that PGI needs to make some money to support the game, but yes, putting the mech bays on sale AFTER the mech sale ends seems like it must be a mistake.

#28 -VooDoo-

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 164 posts
  • LocationTucson

Posted 26 November 2021 - 05:00 PM

Maybe I misread something, but I don't see one engine on sale....

#29 Aidan Crenshaw

• The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 3,563 posts

Posted 27 November 2021 - 11:08 AM

View Post-La CHANCLA-, on 26 November 2021 - 05:00 PM, said:

Maybe I misread something, but I don't see one engine on sale....

They are definitely discounted.
Posted Image

#30 D V Devnull

• Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 4,245 posts
  • LocationUnknown... Except for the stars, it's kind of dark here!

Posted 28 November 2021 - 05:17 AM

To those who made this 2021 Black Friday & Cyber Monday Sale possible, you have my definite Thanks for doing so. :D

I admit though that I wish it were possible to Thank You by your Usernames too, but you unfortunately keep hiding, so there's not much I can do in that regard. -_-

~D. V. "gives a Thank You for this 2021 Black Friday & Cyber Monday Sale and wishes it could be more personal" Devnull

#31 w0qj

• The Territorial
  • The Territorial
  • 3,368 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationAt your 6 :)

Posted 29 November 2021 - 08:53 AM

50% Off Sale for Drop Deck for Faction Play (FP) again!!
It's a rare sale, suggest getting a few, if you plan to play FP ;)

http://mwomercs.com/...er-monday-sales

Until Dec 2nd @23:59pm UTC

#32 D V Devnull

• Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 4,245 posts

Posted 29 November 2021 - 04:19 PM

To whoever thought of the Stealth WarHorn Sale addition...

THANK YOU!!! :D

~D. V. "Everyone wants a WarHorn Sale to happen, and you have my Thanks for doing so!!!" Devnull

#33 Sheridan Mackison

• PipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 48 posts

Posted 02 December 2021 - 03:19 PM

View PostD V Devnull, on 29 November 2021 - 04:19 PM, said:

To whoever thought of the Stealth WarHorn Sale addition...

THANK YOU!!! Posted Image

~D. V. "Everyone wants a WarHorn Sale to happen, and you have my Thanks for doing so!!!" Devnull

Yes, thanks. I just bought a half-dozen!

#34 Big-G

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 338 posts
  • LocationFormerly New Capetown, now Kikuyu - Lyran Alliance

Posted 02 December 2021 - 04:08 PM

Posted Image

#35 D V Devnull

• Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 4,245 posts

Posted 03 December 2021 - 09:59 AM

View PostBig-G, on 02 December 2021 - 04:08 PM, said:

Posted Image

Well then... We will just have to be thankful for the Black Friday & Cyber Monday Sales which just happened, and hope for some more good Sales like this in the nearby future. ;)

For example, could you imagine a Mechmas 2021 Sale happening for everyone, and how much more grand that someone at PGI could make it when compared to this one? If they were extremely daring... heck... they could put literally everything both on the Website and In-Game on a Half-Off (Yes, that means 50% Off) Sale for a huge 2 Week Stretch of time, and even decide (if they wanted) to discount some things even further. ^_^

I know that I'm going off the deep end here, but if they could get someone to create Gold Camo Variants for all the Mechs that never had such, they could even go so far as to have their own Golden Mechmas from selling to people who would want a Gold Version of their favorite MWO Mech Chassis to enjoy on the battlefields. That would also detract against the past upsets about only 8 Clan Mechs ever having Gold Camo Variants to get and pilot, because such a New Gold Mechs Wave would be far more inclusive by comparison to what that previous one used to be. I think if anything, it was that anti-inclusiveness that really sparked the most outrage, but that's just my quote-unquote "fifth-hand take" on it, and NOT meant to spark off some random hothead. :D

Quite frankly, I could even see someone at PGI coming to read this Thread and then see my post, and decide to quip something at me about being completely out-of-my-mind crazy, and I would not blame them for doing so....... all because I would be glad to see that the communication lanes had not gone silent, and I don't mind a joke at my own expense when it avoids going overboard. :P

~D. V. "It may be over, but let's be thankful, and hope for something even more epic next time!" Devnull

#36 martian

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,576 posts

Posted 07 December 2021 - 05:30 AM

View PostD V Devnull, on 03 December 2021 - 09:59 AM, said:

I know that I'm going off the deep end here, but if they could get someone to create Gold Camo Variants for all the Mechs that never had such, they could even go so far as to have their own Golden Mechmas from selling to people who would want a Gold Version of their favorite MWO Mech Chassis to enjoy on the battlefields. That would also detract against the past upsets about only 8 Clan Mechs ever having Gold Camo Variants to get and pilot, because such a New Gold Mechs Wave would be far more inclusive by comparison to what that previous one used to be.

If I understand you correctly, this would not solve the problem of players wanting the golden Madcat. They would end up empty handed.

Kinda missing the point of making the offer "far more inclusive" while leaving probably the most popular Clan OmniMech out.

#37 D V Devnull

• Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 4,245 posts

Posted 07 December 2021 - 11:55 AM

View Postmartian, on 07 December 2021 - 05:30 AM, said:

If I understand you correctly, this would not solve the problem of players wanting the golden Madcat. They would end up empty handed.

Kinda missing the point of making the offer "far more inclusive" while leaving probably the most popular Clan OmniMech out.

I'm sorry to report, but you very much did NOT understand me correctly in this case... :(

When I posted before, I had meant that upon creation of Gold Camo Variants for all the other Mechs currently in MWO at this time, then the entire roster of Gold Camo Mechs (including those from the past Gold Clan Mech Sale which already occurred) would all end up available for Sale at the same time. This means that all of those Gold Clan Mech Variants which were in the Sale several years ago would end up being part of this New Gold Mechs Wave Sale as well, right along with all the New Gold Camo Variants which would be produced, making it as inclusive as possible. That includes the Clans' "Timber Wolf" (aka "MadCat") which you had worried would be missing, as well as all seven of the others. :D

I really hope this post clears everything up for you, 'martian', and I hope you have a nice day. B)

~D. V. "has a far more inclusive intent about Gold Camo Mech Variants & Sales than you thought they did" Devnull

#38 martian

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,576 posts

Posted 08 December 2021 - 03:57 AM

View PostD V Devnull, on 07 December 2021 - 11:55 AM, said:

I'm sorry to report, but you very much did NOT understand me correctly in this case... Posted Image

When I posted before, I had meant that upon creation of Gold Camo Variants for all the other Mechs currently in MWO at this time, then the entire roster of Gold Camo Mechs (including those from the past Gold Clan Mech Sale which already occurred) would all end up available for Sale at the same time. This means that all of those Gold Clan Mech Variants which were in the Sale several years ago would end up being part of this New Gold Mechs Wave Sale as well, right along with all the New Gold Camo Variants which would be produced, making it as inclusive as possible. That includes the Clans' "Timber Wolf" (aka "MadCat") which you had worried would be missing, as well as all seven of the others. Posted Image

I really hope this post clears everything up for you, 'martian', and I hope you have a nice day. Posted Image

~D. V. "has a far more inclusive intent about Gold Camo Mech Variants & Sales than you thought they did" Devnull

Would that not annoy the current golden 'Mech owners? They paid a lot of cash to buy "limited" and "exclusive" items.

#39 D V Devnull

• Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 4,245 posts

Posted 08 December 2021 - 03:16 PM

View Postmartian, on 08 December 2021 - 03:57 AM, said:

Would that not annoy the current golden 'Mech owners? They paid a lot of cash to buy "limited" and "exclusive" items.

It's currently annoying everyone who joined the game after that point a heck of a lot more to not even be able to get a Gold Camo Mech Variant of their own. All one needs do is search around the entire MWO site in order to see what I mean. Everyone who joined after that Offering was over should finally have a chance (even if it was done with a "G2" designator) after more than 6+ years to get one too. :huh:

In all seriousness, I'm really not trying to be mean to the Original Gold Camo Mech Purchasers here. But, it happens that I do think continuing to block anyone else from having one is rather cruel, selfish, and extremely petty. Worse, stopping a New Gold Camo Mech Variant Sale does bad things against PGI's Financial Bottom Line for MWO at this point. Unfortunately now, they're under the thumbs of EG7 (Yes, I'm talking about "Enad Global 7" which became PGI's parent company. You did hear about that, right???) to boot, and if they can not continue to keep MWO financially growing, then MWO will get shut down and NONE of us will have it to enjoy anymore. So those who would dare to keep Gold Camo Mech Variants permanently exclusive to people before that certain past point really have to understand that things have reached a breaking point where PGI can not safely leave it that way anymore. :(

Plus we should keep in mind, this is the End-Of-2021 Holidays going on now. Are those previous Original Gold Camo Mech Purchasers really so horrible that they would not have some Holiday Spirit and let others help give PGI a nice boost in the finances where they really need it? Remember that money talks in business, and if Matt/Daeron/Mark/Francois/etc. can get the Real Life $$$ rolling in, then they can get their hands on the additional people & resources to get a lot more things fixed up and running in MWO as well, and at a much faster rate too! That can only mean positive things for MWO in the future from there forward. But again, they're metaphorically "under the gun" to get the Real Life $$$ first before they would be allowed to get what they need and/or want for getting the job done. So do those previous Original Gold Camo Mech Variant Purchasers want to see things happen, or do they want to choke MWO to death and lose everything for everyone? :wacko:

Maybe I've gone insane, but I think the choice is made far too simple by putting things completely in their proper perspective here. :mellow:

~D. V. "If past Gold Camo Mech Buyers stay too tight-gripped, then MWO will remain slow-developing or go dead." Devnull

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users