Anyone from Kali95 MW2?

223 replies to this topic

#1 Yakatuus

• PipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 30 posts

Posted 02 November 2011 - 12:19 PM

Hey there guys, great news obviously here. Been playing since Kali95 days; [KH]Maverick iirc. Anyway, was curious if anyone remembers that, or still loves it as much as I do 16 years later.

Also, is anyone else hesitant to join a unit before the game comes out? If WoW taught me anything, /played ftw. Anyone else ONLY going to be playing this game for the next year or two after it comes out?

#2 Wickedvicar

Rookie

• 2 posts
  • LocationNashville, TN

Posted 02 November 2011 - 03:23 PM

I played on Kali95 and in the Grand Council as a member of the Widow Maker Clan. Dos Netmech and Mechwarrior 2 WIN95. Learned how to circle strafe and lag fight with the best of them. The handle I used was Redleg75.

#3 TheForce

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 591 posts
  • LocationVancouver

Posted 02 November 2011 - 03:25 PM

Hells ya!

I used to run the Lindon's Company, then Hansen's Roughriders, then GDL back in the MW2 days on Kali with the following group of peeps:

Banichi
Blund@r
Boombotz
Dogmeat
Famine
Fett
FireJade
Fyreheart
Goldstar
Hammer
HPY2
KnightOfNi
Kodiak
Mechkilla
Mechmangler
MiSTKeRL
MrApathy
Neophile
Stasis

If you've come back for MWO please say hi :)

#4 Ladydeath

• PipPip
  • 20 posts
  • LocationNorthwind

Posted 02 November 2011 - 03:46 PM

Oh yes, I remember Kali. I played as Ladydeath in NWH and HK on M3L, then played under the same handle on GC in Clan Wolverine. Some fun times.

I seem to recall a Maverick from KH, which channel did you play in?

#5 Hawkcrest

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 169 posts
  • LocationEast Stroudsburg, PA

Posted 03 November 2011 - 05:11 AM

I was an original Kali member as well, initially started in the Registry as the Crescent Hawks until we became 105 strong then Merged into Motown3058's [DCM] in order to offset the "Genisis Star League" in the Registry. I was there when Kristov Kerensky of SRM Dacobra's group created the Original NBT, and when Dark Pheonix Usurped Kristov and took over NBT through a bit of legal manuvering ;-). as the Point man in Mech Mercs 2 DCM dominated the Net Battletech League through its first 2 incarnations. And the rest is history... but yes I miss the days of the 2 vs 2 drops on Avalon, and the days of "Mechclock 101"

#6 Kibble

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 539 posts
  • LocationOakland, CA

Posted 03 November 2011 - 09:18 AM

I was in BSp and then JF on the Grand Council for quite some time. I want to say from 94 till mech4 came out.
My name was Kibble if anyone remembers me.

#7 jezebel

• PipPipPip
  • 60 posts
  • LocationAtlanta, GA

Posted 03 November 2011 - 09:23 AM

Oh Kali ... I miss Kali drops. Played with TKZ Wolf Clan (<WC>NightMare Carns) and GC Coyote ( Cy~Utahraptor ) - hey, I was 12, it's OK that my names sucked.

I really miss the old style team and drops, the assigned wings... ahh nostalgia.

#8 Sid Rood

• Pip
  • The Defiant
  • The Defiant
  • 11 posts
  • LocationNew York City

Posted 03 November 2011 - 09:29 AM

Hawk... this must be a dream come true for you. hahahah REHASH baby...

[DCM]Havoc... Grand Council
IHxSid~Rood... NBT

View PostHawkcrest, on 03 November 2011 - 05:11 AM, said:

I was an original Kali member as well, initially started in the Registry as the Crescent Hawks until we became 105 strong then Merged into Motown3058's [DCM] in order to offset the "Genisis Star League" in the Registry. I was there when Kristov Kerensky of SRM Dacobra's group created the Original NBT, and when Dark Pheonix Usurped Kristov and took over NBT through a bit of legal manuvering ;-). as the Point man in Mech Mercs 2 DCM dominated the Net Battletech League through its first 2 incarnations. And the rest is history... but yes I miss the days of the 2 vs 2 drops on Avalon, and the days of "Mechclock 101"

#9 Hawkcrest

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 169 posts
  • LocationEast Stroudsburg, PA

Posted 03 November 2011 - 10:15 AM

View PostSid~Rood, on 03 November 2011 - 09:29 AM, said:

Hawk... this must be a dream come true for you. hahahah REHASH baby...

[DCM]Havoc... Grand Council
IHxSid~Rood... NBT

About time you responded

Edited by Hawkcrest, 03 November 2011 - 10:30 AM.

#10 dh crow

• PipPipPip
  • 63 posts

Posted 03 November 2011 - 12:30 PM

I was on Kali but not for MW. I did spend some time on the M3L server around when Black Knight was released, but by then it was ELH and a few stragglers.

#11 Threat Doc

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Bowman
  • The Bowman
  • 3,715 posts
  • LocationO'Shaughnnessy MMW Base, Devon Continent, Rochester, FedCom

Posted 03 November 2011 - 12:58 PM

I played MW2 on Kali beginning in '98... not earlier, I'm afraid. Played with the NWH in whatever leagues were around, then. You might have known me as Afterburner or Burnie during those days. I do NOT miss the enormous waits for people to get their **** together so we could do a drop that would last one-fifth the time the wait actually was, and I pray the devs for MWO will clean up any wait times here? I do, however, miss the camaraderie of that time, the fact the units acted like units as opposed to undisciplined twitchers, that training was important for many things in addition to lag shooting, and I was sorry to see it go. I guess Kali had a resurgence about a year and change ago, but I was only able to get on there one time... it's been a hectic year.

#12 Jackal M

Rookie

• 1 posts

Posted 03 November 2011 - 02:08 PM

View Postjezebel, on 03 November 2011 - 09:23 AM, said:

Oh Kali ... I miss Kali drops.  Played with TKZ Wolf Clan (<WC>NightMare Carns)  and GC Coyote ( Cy~Utahraptor )  - hey, I was 12, it's OK that my names sucked.

I really miss the old style team and drops, the assigned wings... ahh nostalgia.

No way!  I was (WC) Jackal (can't do greater/less than signs apparently), I was in TKZ until it went under and then I switched to Hell's Horses in Grand Council, where I terrorized the rankings until MW3 came out and killed all the Kali-based iterations of the leagues.  Those were the days!  I remember my Netmech time fondly, and I am totally going to be playing this...

Edited by Jackal_M_, 03 November 2011 - 02:08 PM.

#13 Ladydeath

• PipPip
  • 20 posts
  • LocationNorthwind

Posted 03 November 2011 - 03:56 PM

View Postkay wolf, on 03 November 2011 - 12:58 PM, said:

I played MW2 on Kali beginning in '98... not earlier, I'm afraid. Played with the NWH in whatever leagues were around, then. You might have known me as Afterburner or Burnie during those days.

I remember an Afterburner in NWH. Nice to see people from those days again.

#14 jezebel

• PipPipPip
  • 60 posts
  • LocationAtlanta, GA

Posted 03 November 2011 - 04:08 PM

View PostJackal_M_, on 03 November 2011 - 02:08 PM, said:

No way! I was (WC) Jackal (can't do greater/less than signs apparently), I was in TKZ until it went under and then I switched to Hell's Horses in Grand Council, where I terrorized the rankings until MW3 came out and killed all the Kali-based iterations of the leagues. Those were the days! I remember my Netmech time fondly, and I am totally going to be playing this...

Wow! Really thought I'd never see you again. I think I spoke to Dingo and Dukes more recently than I spoke to you - and that had to be 5 years ago... Those were definitely The Days. The.

#15 Phelan PK Kell

• Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 03 November 2011 - 04:11 PM

Yep I was there...playing for Clan Wolf at the time.....ah good old dial up memories

#16 Threat Doc

• The Bowman
  • The Bowman
  • 3,715 posts

Posted 03 November 2011 - 04:15 PM

View PostLadydeath, on 03 November 2011 - 03:56 PM, said:

I remember an Afterburner in NWH. Nice to see people from those days again.
Oh, yeah, I remember you. Some people are able to keep their names. Despite any row you and I may have had in the past, it's good to see you here.

#17 IntruderAlert

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 192 posts
  • LocationIndiana

Posted 03 November 2011 - 04:20 PM

I remember!.
I ran the MECH.NET KAli Server and hosted Free Worlds League.
(one of the reasons everyone started calling netmech...mechnet...)
I ran around in a Dire Wolf named IntruderAlert!....
Many hours spent on lag and strafe training...and blind aiming over hills....
woot! for arial strikes with OP jump jets ... :)

-IntruderAlert! www.mech.net

#18 jezebel

• PipPipPip
  • 60 posts
  • LocationAtlanta, GA

Posted 03 November 2011 - 04:21 PM

View PostIntruderAlert!, on 03 November 2011 - 04:20 PM, said:

woot! for arial strikes with OP jump jets ... :)

orly jj tapping is cheating

Edited by jezebel, 03 November 2011 - 04:21 PM.

#19 Threat Doc

• The Bowman
  • The Bowman
  • 3,715 posts

Posted 03 November 2011 - 05:31 PM

View Postjezebel, on 03 November 2011 - 04:21 PM, said:

orly jj tapping is cheating
Thank you. :)

#20 jezebel

• PipPipPip
  • 60 posts
  • LocationAtlanta, GA

Posted 03 November 2011 - 06:12 PM

View Postkay wolf, on 03 November 2011 - 05:31 PM, said:

Thank you. :)

As if scooting 2 inches above the ground over vast amounts of space at 300kph wasn't the best thing ever. :D

Also, downward JJs for accellerated DFAs.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users