#81 Bud Crue

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 9,883 posts
  • LocationOn the farm in central Minnesota

Posted 12 December 2021 - 01:28 PM

View PostTrashtier, on 12 December 2021 - 12:27 PM, said:

I think your asking too much of Navid and more specifically the Cauldron team and PGI to make all mechs as close to equal as possible from a meta stand point or effectiveness stand point. There is always going to be clear winners and losers in this because PGI is trying to keep mechs as close to lore as possible and pilot skill is going to make those differences appear wider. Mechwarrior itself is not a balanced game so it only naturally follows that some designs will be better and more effective in a PVP enviroment.

IMO, balance isn't the issue, but rather giving a variant a reason to be played; something interesting, if not necessarily meta or even particularly good. I'll play a Spider 5V or some of the less than ideal Locusts because no matter what, they are still fun. But I don't see that for the Quickdraws. As it is, and as proposed with these quirks, the Quickdraws still have little reason to be played relative to just about any other heavy, and more than a few mediums, that can do their same builds.

The Cauldron has said why and how they assign quirks, and all I am saying is that what they are proposing for the Quickdraws does not meet their stated rationale. 10% missile cooldown and a bit of armor isn't going to suddenly make the 4H on par with the best heavies in the game and it certainly won't give it a role that a dozen other mechs can't already provide. Same thing with the 4Gs' 10% energy range, or even the 5Ks 5% laser heat.

I'm not looking to be thrilled, or have them be "meta", just potentially relevant, and what is being proposed doesn't bring them to even that level. Other than maybe a straight 4LL build, there is no reason to play a 5K over any of the dozens of other mechs that can do JJ and 6E. You will still be better off playing just about any other MRM boat or dual HPPC heavy or medium than what you can do with the 4H or 4G. Hell, even the old 3LPL builds are superior on the Thunderbolts (10se or 9SE, especially the latter) thanks to the Cauldrons quirks. Do the same for the Quickdraws.

If it were me, I would give the 4G and its 6(7?) JJs some JJ quirks and/or far more significant missile cool down quirks. Give the 4H MRM 10 or SRM6 specific quirks (both mechs suffer from one of their 2/3 M hardpoints being in the CT so an SRM 6 or MRM 10 is all you're getting in there). Maybe some significant arm armor quirks to take advantage of the potential to shield with the massive things; that sort of thing. Nothing supper duper, just something(s) to potentially give the variants some relevant character.

Edited by Bud Crue, 12 December 2021 - 01:46 PM.

#82 Battlemaster56

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Pack Leader
  • Pack Leader
  • 2,824 posts
  • LocationOn the not so distant moon on Endor

Posted 12 December 2021 - 02:58 PM

View Postjustcallme A S H, on 12 December 2021 - 12:16 AM, said:

It absolutely was, yes.

Ok I just never see it in QP so I thought it presence was nonexistant as usual

#83 Voice of Kerensky

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 481 posts

Posted 12 December 2021 - 05:48 PM

Why is the antenna hidden under the platform?
Why is there on the antenna hidden under the platform a red lamp, which indicates the height of the antenna for aircraft technics?

#84 Valdarion Silarius

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Giant Helper
  • Giant Helper
  • 1,672 posts
  • LocationWubbing and dakkaing everyone in best jellyfish mech

Posted 12 December 2021 - 08:32 PM

View PostMonkey Lover, on 11 December 2021 - 10:28 PM, said:

Dont understand your point here? Looks like Jager got nerfed to me. I never had issues with my la/ra. Now the Rifleman2c the la/ra fall right off lol

Thank you for pointing that out. While I really don't understand why the Hellbringer got even more buffs, but now I think it's time that the other clan 65 tonners get some attention. The Rifleman IIC really needs LA/RA armor buffs and I really hope the Cauldron gets around to it soon. As it stands right now the mech struggles with torso twisting and shielding since most of it's firepower is in it's arms.

#85 w0qj

• The Territorial
  • The Territorial
  • 3,413 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationAt your 6 :)

Posted 12 December 2021 - 09:24 PM

Question on: "Atlas AS7-RS: Added Laser HSL +1"

So is it "all lasers" HSL +1, or is it just Large Laser HSL +1 ??
Confused by what it means...

#86 Raydeen

• PipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 12 December 2021 - 10:39 PM

All this overpowering of mechs is not balancing, is just random thrashing around. Which leads to more overpowering, i mean balancing. EG7 is tapping PGI for other games, the demise of this one won't be long in coming.

#87 Aidan Crenshaw

• The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 3,607 posts

Posted 12 December 2021 - 11:03 PM

View Postw0qj, on 12 December 2021 - 09:24 PM, said:

Question on: "Atlas AS7-RS: Added Laser HSL +1"

So is it "all lasers" HSL +1, or is it just Large Laser HSL +1 ??
Confused by what it means...

technically, it's all Lasers. But within the game's confines, it means Large Pulslaser HSL+1, since the AS7-RS only has 4 energy hardpoints.

#88 Navid A1

• CS 2022 Gold Champ
  • CS 2022 Gold Champ
  • 4,932 posts
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted 13 December 2021 - 12:16 AM

Regarding the jagermech and it losing parts of its torso survival boost (it keeps the structure boost).

The idea was to approach the jagermech as a gunboat. So more than normal boosts was given to its firepower both in terms of fire output and improved weapon stats and extra ammo (which would allow you to switch to LFE engines or pack a faster engine or pack more guns or heatsinks.)

The torso armor boost (+8 per each torso) was removed to see how the jager would do with heavy focus on firepower. It would be better to avoid going over the top with such boosts, as it makes easier to take proper steps after each tweak. If the Jager turned out to be underperforming still, survival boosts being increased is something that can be looked into.

Edited by Navid A1, 13 December 2021 - 12:16 AM.

#89 Arkhangel

• Mercenary Rank 2
  • Mercenary Rank 2
  • 1,188 posts
  • LocationBritish Columbia

Posted 13 December 2021 - 01:18 AM

Yeah, fact is the Jager is MEANT to be a Ranged Support/Glass Cannon (also Anti-Air).

It's not meant to be frontline like, say, a Warhammer, Marauder, or Quickdraw.
But given range and a terrain advantage, it'll eat all three.

Edited by Arkhangel, 13 December 2021 - 01:21 AM.

#90 vonJerg

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 330 posts

Posted 13 December 2021 - 01:59 AM

View PostBud Crue, on 12 December 2021 - 01:28 PM, said:

Relax Bud buddy, not all mechs are created equal. In some of your posts you are comparing IS 60 tonner with CLAN 75 tonner, that is just wrong, and you know it. What is next, comparing a Zeus and Kodiak 3?

But, lets get back to Quickdraws, they are great bundles of joy. 4G is actually my favorite 2HPPC mech, that cooldown that it already has is making it dish out snowballs like a boss. Coupled with Quickdraws maneuverability and durability (quirks and ability to spread dmg) makes it way more forgiving then let's say 2HPPC Sparky or ShadowHawk.

4h is decent "poor mans IV4" as you noted, but you can also strap some srms and mpls or streaks with LPPCs (to temporary kill enemy ECM) and call it Spanish Inquisition.

5K fell a bit behind, not played it in some time, but there are still some options for it as well I'm sure.

Anyways, Quickdraws are lightest heavies, and as such are in perculiar spot, just like a Zeus in assault class. It is what it is, but they are still very fun to play. Think of them like a up-armored med's, not like a down-armored and under gunned heavy and you'll be fine.

PS: And pls, stop putting MRMs on Whammies, who in their right mind increases their silhouette and target area by a such a big amount !?!?!?!?! It is a trap, a trap I tell ya, by a jealous thimmber owners!!!!

#91 Lepestok

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,026 posts
  • LocationNizhniy Tagil

Posted 13 December 2021 - 02:00 AM

How about fixing the flaws of past maps? These are, by the way, the maximum graphics settings
Posted Image

#92 Cyrilis

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Hero of Rasalhague
  • Hero of Rasalhague
  • 762 posts
  • LocationRas Alhague Insane Asylum, most of the time in the pen where they lock up the Urbie pilots

Posted 13 December 2021 - 03:02 AM

View PostMark Nicholson, on 11 December 2021 - 01:10 PM, said:

I've always loved the idea that a crusader could equip torpedoes in those leg mounted SRMs, and make underwater attacks as well, but I've never, in all my battletech playing, seen it work out well. It's a gimmick.

Adjusting the hud to support a 3rd reticle that would be ridiculously hard to aim, and more likely to shoot dirt than an opponent is interesting, yes, but not fun. Leg mounted weapons have never, and will never, be considered for MWO. The Assassin-101 is an example of this.

What about leg mounted dedicated Streak-SRM/ATM/LRM slots? Could be fun...

#93 C337Skymaster

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 1,450 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 13 December 2021 - 03:54 AM

View PostCyrilis, on 13 December 2021 - 03:02 AM, said:

Because it's an IS 'mech. No ATMs. :) Also, if someone deems to install a non-guided missile, they're going to be really confused about how to aim it.

#94 KursedVixen

• The Wolf
  • The Wolf
  • 2,880 posts
  • LocationLook at my Arctic Wolf. Closer... Closer...

Posted 13 December 2021 - 05:19 AM

I don't see the change to single heat sinks i've looked at both clan and IS mechs and they are still at -0.14 disspation and 0.75 heat capacity...

#95 Aidan Crenshaw

• The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 3,607 posts

Posted 13 December 2021 - 05:31 AM

Maybe you should check your calendar...

#96 Ch_R0me

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Named
  • The Named
  • 613 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationIn DireStar with Heavy Naval PPC

Posted 13 December 2021 - 05:45 AM

View PostLepestok, on 13 December 2021 - 02:00 AM, said:

How about fixing the flaws of past maps? These are, by the way, the maximum graphics settings
Posted Image

Looks like very low-res textures.

View PostCyrilis, on 13 December 2021 - 03:02 AM, said:

Are you aware, what you're asking? Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

You mech-jock, count me in! Posted Image

Edited by Ch_R0me, 13 December 2021 - 05:49 AM.

#97 Cyrilis

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Hero of Rasalhague
  • Hero of Rasalhague
  • 762 posts
  • LocationRas Alhague Insane Asylum, most of the time in the pen where they lock up the Urbie pilots

Posted 13 December 2021 - 06:03 AM

View PostCh_R0me, on 13 December 2021 - 05:45 AM, said:

Are you aware, what you're asking? Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

You mech-jock, count me in! Posted Image

AB_SO_LU_TELY!

#98 Wid1046

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 277 posts

Posted 13 December 2021 - 06:08 AM

The buff to the MLX-Prime LT should be moved to the LA or So8. Right now it'll just buff the meta B RA, ED LA missile build. This gives no reason to break away from that meta and is just a straight buff to it since no other LT has any quirks other than armor (and the Prime LT has the same armor quirk as all the others).

Edited by Wid1046, 13 December 2021 - 06:22 AM.

#99 Paul Meyers DEST

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 540 posts

Posted 13 December 2021 - 07:02 AM

View PostRaydeen, on 12 December 2021 - 10:39 PM, said:

All this overpowering of mechs is not balancing, is just random thrashing around. Which leads to more overpowering, i mean balancing. EG7 is tapping PGI for other games, the demise of this one won't be long in coming.

Thats pure bs. They make mechs playable and/or unique. Wich is nice cause before of the caludron there was no need to play some mechs because they were crap.

#100 Saved By The Bell

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 674 posts
  • LocationJapan

Posted 13 December 2021 - 08:38 AM

Jagermech was one of my best mechs, until they did its body weak. No need arms when your torso is made of glass.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users