5 replies to this topic

#1 Veolfen

• PipPip
  • Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 38 posts

Posted 16 December 2021 - 01:03 AM

Hello people.
Doing this topic to share a pretty big issue with Hellebore Outpost.
Firstly, i'll state that i love this new map and the multiple engagement opportunities it offers. And it's beautiful.

Now to the main point :
There's a big problem with some map hitboxes.
I'm thinking of one in particular in the canyon on one side of the map (next to the "tunnel")

Posted Image

The hitbox of the rocks is way bigger than the visual and you end up hitting an invisible wall a lot. Forgot to take a screen yesterday when i was in this spot and couldn't hit my ennemies consistantly even tho i tried to distance myself far from the wall, also the ennemies ended up rushing at me to get me out of this spot and had to expose themselves by going much further than they expected because even tho they had a clear visual on me, they kept hitting an invisible wall.
On the screen we can see how this spot is bugged :
if there was an enemy who was hiding behind the rocks and i flanked him so he was right in front of me with no cover anymore : I'll still shoot an invisible wall even tho he has no protection anymore (he can't shoot me either tho)

Edited by Veolfen, 16 December 2021 - 01:15 AM.

#2 D V Devnull

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 4,245 posts
  • LocationUnknown... Except for the stars, it's kind of dark here!

Posted 16 December 2021 - 03:02 PM

Hey there, 'Veolfen'... Any chance you could use your "F9" Key and get us some Coordinates so that PGI's Francois can more easily get a look at this Hellebore Outpost problem to fix it? :o

~D. V. "having numerical location data on Hellebore Outpost helps make things receive repairs" Devnull

#3 Veolfen

• PipPip
  • Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 38 posts

Posted 17 December 2021 - 01:53 AM

Of course. Took multiple screens with the F9 key activated.

It's not just this spot in particular but the whole area who has this hitbox problem.

So here's the whole area, red arrow pointing at the spot i was speaking of earlier :
Posted Image

So here's me standing in the spot i was speaking of in my previous post : Shooting an invisible wall from it

Posted Image

Here's me shooting at the same spot again (like in my first post, but with ballistics this time) : gun is shooting an invisible wall (and not the wall behind)

Posted Image

Here's an other spot where the bug happens (cut the screen badly so cropped the coordinates) but i'm kind of in the same spot where i was in the previous screen, a bit further back)

Posted Image

And an other spot again, same invisible wall bug :

Posted Image

Also to get back at the first spot, there's a texture bug with that brown floating rock :

Posted Image

TLDR & Conclusion :

Even if i pointed at 3 spots, it's not just those spots but the whole area (coordinates in screen 1 of this spot) with rock walls shaped like this (this whole canyon). The invisible hitboxes of those cliffs are much much bigger than their visuals and we end up with a big invisible wall problem.
People can't shoot at each other while clearly seeing each other.
Also i'm speaking of this canyon where i fought quite a bit, but this problem might happen in other area of the map if this cliff design can be found somewhere else on the map.

Edited by Veolfen, 17 December 2021 - 02:00 AM.

#4 D V Devnull

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 4,245 posts
  • LocationUnknown... Except for the stars, it's kind of dark here!

Posted 17 December 2021 - 03:17 AM

Roger that. Nice images, 'Veolfen', and well done on finding all of these issues... Hopefully, we'll soon see some fixes from Francois happen, if they're paying any attention whatsoever. ^_^

~D. V. "looking forward to Hellebore Outpost receiving fixes for these shot-blocking invisible wall locations" Devnull

#5 Veolfen

• PipPip
  • Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 38 posts

Posted 17 December 2021 - 04:49 AM

Well happy to help. Especially since fixing this will improve our "gaming experience". Posted Image
Have a good day and enjoy your holidays people.

Edited by Veolfen, 17 December 2021 - 04:51 AM.

#6 Ekson Valdez

Volunteer Moderator

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 688 posts

Posted 07 January 2022 - 05:09 AM

Thread moved to the new official feedback subforum for Hellebore Outpost

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users