4Game Mwo Preorder And Beta Clarity

71 replies to this topic

#1 InnerSphereNews

• Developer
  • Developer
  • 2,773 posts

Posted 17 December 2021 - 02:26 PM

Greetings MechWarriors,

We wanted to offer information on the recently announced Beta and Preorder for MWO in the Russian Region distributed by Innova through the 4game client. The FAQ information available through this preorder creates expectations as to how the game client and servers will function and we would like to provide further details and hopefully address any concerns players have.

Is the 4game version of MWO a separate game with a separate player population, database, matchmaker, and dedicated servers?

No, everyone who plays MWO after the Open and Closed Beta will be accessing it through the same game client and database.

• 4game players will create accounts and install the game through 4game

• They will also buy Mech packages and purchase MC through 4game. (they can use MC to buy items in-game)

• There will be a new dedicated server region (RU) that ALL PLAYERS can choose to play on much like the current dedicated server options in MWO (Players can check and uncheck the regions they want to play in)

• The in-game text is being translated into Russian language and Russian Audio is being recorded for Betty, Game Modes messaging, and the Player's in-game command wheel.

• Language selection will detect System language at game launch but also provide an option to switch the language in the options.

• Specific Warhorns will remain in English Language and we anticipate adding Warhorns in Russian Language

• We anticipate creating events and sales that are targeted at that region but will not be restricting any region from taking part in events or sales

This table Illustrates the key differences based on account type

NA, EU, AU, ETC

Common

Russian and CIS Regions

Make Purchases - MWO Website or Steam Client

Game Client and content

Player accounts, Friends Lists, etc

Events and in Game sales

Same Dedicated Servers (Regions selectable by players)

Make Purchases - the 4game Client or website

So where did this confusion come from? Why does the FAQ seem to imply information that contradicts what is stated above?

I believe the confusion comes from the Beta Process and Account Separation.

BETA

• During Closed and Open Beta 4game players will be playing on their own test "environment" This will be to test the Localization, Event systems, Dedicated servers are operating correctly and we haven't missed any major issues that would need to be localized or improved before deployment.

• A note for 4game Closed and Open Beta Participants any progression gained in the closed or open beta will NOT carry over to the Live Database.

• Once we have completed closed and open beta 4game players will be joining us on the same live game client where we can all friend, chat, use VOIP and play MWO together.

Accounts

• Current players will not be able to transfer their MWO account to a 4game account. If a player wants to make purchases through the 4game client they will need to create a new account.

• 4game Players will not be able to make purchases on MWO or Steam for their 4game account.

• We will be working with 4game to make sure their players have access to the same content to keep things fair (Example: Like launching the Rivals pack at the same time)

Preorder Content and Purchases with real $ will transfer

• It is unknown at this time if the Preorders and MC purchases will be available on the Beta Servers
  • If they are, any preorder content or MC amount purchased through 4game will transfer to the Live game
  • Any Mechs or Items purchased in-game for C-bills or MC will not transfer to the Live game (MC would be returned in this case)

Our goal is to provide a version of the game with Russian translations for text and audio, with regional pricing, and regional dedicated servers.

We hope to bring more players into MWO making the game more fun for everyone!

We hope this clears things up,

The MechWarrior Online Team

Feel free to ask questions in the forum thread for this announcement and we will do our best to answer what we can.

#2 minnowzzz

• PipPipPip
  • The Stryker
  • The Stryker
  • 60 posts

Posted 17 December 2021 - 03:06 PM

Thank you for this. some would say you should of clarified this from the start but that is all from hindsight, we are all human and humans will always make mistakes until we can see into the future.

#3 Aivazovsky

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 794 posts

Posted 17 December 2021 - 03:14 PM

Thanks, Matt!

#4 Nightbird

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The God of Death
  • The God of Death
  • 7,518 posts

Posted 17 December 2021 - 03:15 PM

What about redeeming gift codes? Any limitations with a 4game account for redeeming a code purchased outside of 4game?

#5 Stargazzer811

• PipPipPip
  • The Moonwalker
  • The Moonwalker
  • 97 posts
  • LocationAn experimental SLDF McKenna class Battleship, waiting for Clan Nova Cat to return to the Inner Sphere in 3160

Posted 17 December 2021 - 03:22 PM

Several Questions.

1st: Why did you guys decide to expand the game to the Russian audience?
2nd: Will things like warhorns and such still be relatively localized (IE with multiple languages and one set based on the location of the player's client).
3rd: How much Russian themed content will you be doing and how often?
4th: How good is your cybersecurity and can it prevent hackers from gaining unfair advantages?

Edited by Avalon91211, 17 December 2021 - 03:24 PM.

#6 Matt Newman

Live Ops Manager

• Developer
  • Developer
  • 1,023 posts

Posted 17 December 2021 - 03:23 PM

View PostNightbird, on 17 December 2021 - 03:15 PM, said:

What about redeeming gift codes? Any limitations with a 4game account for redeeming a code purchased outside of 4game?

That is a good question. Currently redemption is integrated into this website and as stated above 4game players will not be able to make purchases on MWO. However I am unsure if this will prevent logging in, and or redemption of codes.
This functionality could also cause issues with Loot Bag events, Pick a prize, and Player profile access. I am going to talk to our web team to see what they say. This is why we have betas :)

#7 minnowzzz

• PipPipPip
  • The Stryker
  • The Stryker
  • 60 posts

Posted 17 December 2021 - 03:24 PM

View PostNightbird, on 17 December 2021 - 03:15 PM, said:

Edit: Matt posted about this while I was writing this, I'm not a dev don't listen to me, listen to him.

before edit: I am not a dev so I'm speculating, most likely due to the regional price all codes and stuff will be locked to the client so people outside the region can't just buy Russian codes to get stuff cheaper

Edited by minnowzzz, 17 December 2021 - 03:26 PM.

#8 Matt Newman

Live Ops Manager

• Developer
  • Developer
  • 1,023 posts

Posted 17 December 2021 - 03:41 PM

1st: Why did you guys decide to expand the game to the Russian audience?
I assume someone made a business case for it. I wasn't part of the decision but I am excited that players who speak Russian will be able to enjoy the game in their own language.

2nd: Will things like warhorns and such still be relatively localized (IE with multiple languages and one set based on the location of the player's client).
As noted above the Warhorns with english VO won't be localized but virtually every other English audio VO will be. Betty the onboard computer, The Command Wheel, Game Mode VO etc

3rd: How much Russian themed content will you be doing and how often?
This is still to be determined Mech content is fairly universal but items like Cockpit Standing items could be a good place to start. Someone at 4game suggested the Matryoshka doll as a cockpit item

4th: How good is your cybersecurity and can it prevent hackers from gaining unfair advantages?
We take account and data security very seriously. we maintain and update all operating systems and software to make sure we are operating on the most up-to-date and secure environment. This is to protect your data and our infrastructure.
As for players using hacks... we have our ways of finding them and banning them. These types of problems can be present in all games and it requires ongoing effort to remove players who use hacks.

If you see an issue please report it using the in-game report tool or email support@mwomercs.com

#9 Paul Hogan

Rookie

• 8 posts

Posted 17 December 2021 - 03:59 PM

Can English speaking country players access the Russian language sounds?

#10 D V Devnull

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 4,245 posts
  • LocationUnknown... Except for the stars, it's kind of dark here!

Posted 17 December 2021 - 04:33 PM

Alright... Got questions here... :huh:

After those from 4game have reached the point of playing in matches with everyone else, is there any plans to eventually complete the integration cycle later on and enable 4game to inter-operate with Steam and Standalone systems, therefore allowing all players to Login any way they see fit? (This would particularly help in the case of someone from RU coming to NA/EU/AU/etc. and vice versa, allowing them to interchange clients as needed and/or wanted...) :o

Also, what effects will this have on anyone still having to run Windows 7 because they're totally unable to update/upgrade for any reason? Or is the intent to keep as many Operating Systems compatible with MWO for whatever feasible time is possible? (After some unexpected changes around the Website here, I've been a little confused and mentally jittery...) :mellow:

EDIT :: After posting, I then later came up with an idea for something to give the Russian Players who chose coming to MWO and trying it out. Do I remember correctly that Aleksandr Kerensky and Nicholas Kerensky were of Russian Heritage themselves as well? If so, then maybe the "Kerensky Hologram" Standing Cockpit Item might be appropriate as another reward? :)

EDIT #2 :: Or perhaps even the "Flag: Russia" Standing Cockpit Item might also be appropriate? ^_^

~D. V. "really startled about this whole 4game thing suddenly appearing out of the woodwork" Devnull

Edited by D V Devnull, 17 December 2021 - 05:15 PM.

#11 Wid1046

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 277 posts

Posted 17 December 2021 - 04:57 PM

View PostMatt Newman, on 17 December 2021 - 03:41 PM, said:

We take account and data security very seriously. we maintain and update all operating systems and software to make sure we are operating on the most up-to-date and secure environment. This is to protect your data and our infrastructure.
As for players using hacks... we have our ways of finding them and banning them. These types of problems can be present in all games and it requires ongoing effort to remove players who use hacks.

If you see an issue please report it using the in-game report tool or email support@mwomercs.com

Do you actually have any way of proactively detecting cheating or is it purely based on people reporting? There has recently been some issues that imply that you don't have a way to detect cheating. I don't think I can go into any further detail without breaking forum rules, but I expect most people know what I'm talking about.

#12 minnowzzz

• PipPipPip
  • The Stryker
  • The Stryker
  • 60 posts

Posted 17 December 2021 - 05:37 PM

View PostWid1046, on 17 December 2021 - 04:57 PM, said:

Do you actually have any way of proactively detecting cheating or is it purely based on people reporting? There has recently been some issues that imply that you don't have a way to detect cheating. I don't think I can go into any further detail without breaking forum rules, but I expect most people know what I'm talking about.

I don't think we are going to get anymore info on X subject. obfuscation is a important part of digital security.

#13 w0qj

• The Territorial
  • The Territorial
  • 3,367 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationAt your 6 :)

Posted 17 December 2021 - 06:15 PM

Broken URL Link Report:

Broken URL link for above article cited a MWO pre-order website:
this preorder
(See below)

- - - - - -
I THINK MWO added an extra space after the above URL link, which translated to:
https://ru.4game.com/ru/mwo/%20
Which was why it did not work; broken URL link.

Correct URL link should be (without the space at the end):
https://ru.4game.com/ru/mwo

View PostInnerSphereNews, on 17 December 2021 - 02:26 PM, said:

...We wanted to offer information on the recently announced Beta and Preorder for MWO in the Russian Region distributed by Innova through the 4game client. The FAQ information available through this preorder creates expectations as to how the game client and servers will function and we would like to provide further details and hopefully address any concerns players have. ...

Edited by w0qj, 17 December 2021 - 09:04 PM.

#14 w0qj

• The Territorial
  • The Territorial
  • 3,367 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationAt your 6 :)

Posted 17 December 2021 - 06:22 PM

Interesting... so the attractive artwork for the Clan/IS New Player Packs was apparently made by the same folks who is working this 4game MWO pre-order...

https://mwomercs.com/store/bundles
https://mwomercs.com...nd-beta-clarity
https://ru.4game.com/ru/mwo

Edited by w0qj, 17 December 2021 - 09:03 PM.

#15 Wid1046

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 277 posts

Posted 17 December 2021 - 07:34 PM

View Postminnowzzz, on 17 December 2021 - 05:37 PM, said:

I don't think we are going to get anymore info on X subject. obfuscation is a important part of digital security.

I don't want technical details, I just want to know if there is anything at all.

#16 Divkrd

• PipPipPip
  • The God of Death
  • The God of Death
  • 53 posts
  • LocationUSSR

Posted 18 December 2021 - 12:33 AM

Make Purchases - MWO Website or Steam Client

Does this mean that all things that are now available in store (mech packs etc.) will be available on steam? Because right now only Solaris Hero Pack is available.

#17 Ult9876

• Pip
  • CS 2021 Participant
  • CS 2021 Participant
  • 12 posts

Posted 18 December 2021 - 01:24 AM

Will the 4Game client be explicitly region-locked, e.g. by IP range? Their FAQ suggests so.

"Доступ к игре предоставляется на территории Российской Федерации, Украины, Казахстана, Беларуси, Азербайджана, Узбекистана, Туркменистана, Грузии, Армении, Таджикистана, Киргизии и Молдовы."

In turn, are there plans or business agreements for the general MWO client (and steam access to the game) to become region-locked to outside the region stated above in the future, e.g. for new accounts ?

#18 Horseman

• The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 4,694 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 18 December 2021 - 02:25 AM

View PostDivkrd, on 18 December 2021 - 12:33 AM, said:

Does this mean that all things that are now available in store (mech packs etc.) will be available on steam? Because right now only Solaris Hero Pack is available.

Probably means purchasing MC - remember you can do that with your Steam Wallet

#19 Divkrd

• PipPipPip
  • The God of Death
  • The God of Death
  • 53 posts
  • LocationUSSR

Posted 18 December 2021 - 02:59 AM

View PostHorseman, on 18 December 2021 - 02:25 AM, said:

Probably means purchasing MC - remember you can do that with your Steam Wallet

i know, and that's sucks

#20 Ch_R0me

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Named
  • The Named
  • 609 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationIn DireStar with Heavy Naval PPC

Posted 18 December 2021 - 03:28 AM

View PostUlt9876, on 18 December 2021 - 01:24 AM, said:

Will the 4Game client be explicitly region-locked, e.g. by IP range? Their FAQ suggests so.

"Доступ к игре предоставляется на территории Российской Федерации, Украины, Казахстана, Беларуси, Азербайджана, Узбекистана, Туркменистана, Грузии, Армении, Таджикистана, Киргизии и Молдовы."
(...)

In English (via Yandex Translate):
"Access to the game is provided on the territory of the Russian Federation, Ukraine, Kazakhstan, Belarus, Azerbaijan, Uzbekistan, Turkmenistan, Georgia, Armenia, Tajikistan, Kyrgyzstan and Moldova."

Otherwise: I just really hope that inclusion of CIS comrades (as Братан) would not end in another exodus.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users