71 replies to this topic

#41 Doriam

• PipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 93 posts

Posted 20 December 2021 - 03:49 PM

View PostNathan White, on 20 December 2021 - 05:33 AM, said:

Kremlin

TBH it's not very big difference with EU servers. It's can be more interesting if servers will locate somewhere in central part or even in far east, but I don't know is it efficient according to population density or map of internet connections.
And as I understand it's anyway not head dash of Piranha Games

#42 WOLF PACIFIER

• PipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 37 posts
  • LocationRussia

Posted 20 December 2021 - 06:46 PM

It would be much better if PGI just translate the game and add it in MWO client and Steam (with regional pricing if needed, Steam already offers recommended regional pricing grid for everyone who publish games in Steam store and you could use the same pricing grid in your own store + you already use Xsolla for payments with regional currency support, so not a problem for you). There is a lot of local communities who make enthusiasts translates or crowdfunding companies who translates games in russian language.

For example:
https://en.gamesvoice.ru/
https://www.zoneofga...s/translations/

This is not a big deal and not expensive efforts to update future content of the game in russian text. I'm sure even MWO community can do it on enthusiasts basis for free or in-game rewards. Also you can nominate a few RU content moderators if needed so.

Next;
1. You just need merge RU with rest of the world. Veterans won't abandon their valuable MWO accounts and this is already the lion's share of current MWO RU playerbase.

2. Mature local players are trying to avoid local predatory platforms with F2P model because they are known as "dishonest money sucking ripoffs". You can always create a vote on MWO forum to find out players opinion. Don't expect 15 years old Fortnite kids will play MWO. We all understand that Battletech and Mechs are things for certain age audience, mostly.
Note: I'm speaking only about these known F2P platforms. Many of us already had "experience" with them.

3. I find that having local dedicated servers is not even nessesary thing because there will be minimal latency difference for players from West Russia (where is majority of population lives). Is it worth less 20ms ping latency? Is it critical? No. But anyway, you can always rent a servers directry in local data centers if needed East side of Russia.
I understand local publisher is easy way for you but not the best possible options for your players.

P.S. If you disagree everything I said above... Then, at least, add russian language here, for regular MWO players, who don't want to play with account made from scratch. And I still don't get it why it took so long to make a regional pricing which you could add ages ago using Steam and Xsolla. You could do this for own MWO client long ago without any third party partners.

This is just my opinion. Of course it's up to you.
Let's be optimistic and hope MWO launch in Russia will increase its playerbase and 2nd? largest MWO community.

Edited by WOLF PACIFIER, 20 December 2021 - 07:44 PM.

#43 L1f3H4ck

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 738 posts

Posted 22 December 2021 - 09:23 AM

And all this time I hoped it would go to subagames...

#44 Sjorpha

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 4,472 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 23 December 2021 - 04:05 AM

Thanks for the clarification, a lot of us thought you were splitting off the russian population which would have been terrible.

I understand playing through 4game must require separate accounts since that's the only way to have separate pricing, but I assume the russian localisation options will be available for everyone and that russians who prefer to play through steam or standalone client and make their purchases that way can still do so?

Can anyone create a 4game account or is there some attempt to exclude non-russians?

#45 Divkrd

• PipPipPip
  • The God of Death
  • The God of Death
  • 53 posts
  • LocationUSSR

Posted 23 December 2021 - 08:03 AM

View PostSjorpha, on 23 December 2021 - 04:05 AM, said:

Thanks for the clarification, a lot of us thought you were splitting off the russian population which would have been terrible.

I understand playing through 4game must require separate accounts since that's the only way to have separate pricing, but I assume the russian localisation options will be available for everyone and that russians who prefer to play through steam or standalone client and make their purchases that way can still do so?

Can anyone create a 4game account or is there some attempt to exclude non-russians?

We already have localized prices on steam, but unfortunately only Solaris Hero Pack is available for purchase. I wonder why don't they just let us buy other packs and stuff on steam. I mean, I'd like to spend my money to buy more packs with local prices, but i spent too much time and money on my current account to switch to a different fresh account only to get stuff with local prices.

#46 Ch_R0me

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Named
  • The Named
  • 609 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationIn DireStar with Heavy Naval PPC

Posted 24 December 2021 - 02:28 AM

View PostVoice of Kerensky, on 20 December 2021 - 12:52 AM, said:

(...)
P.S. Players who do not speak Russian, playing on the Russian server, prepare yourself mentally for the fact that you will not be able to understand what they are talking about in your team. Perhaps then everyone will be able to understand to some extent what a language barrier is, and how players who do not know English feel)))) No, this is not schadenfreude.
And, yes, most likely you will learn a lot of new expressions, not just the classic "s*ka bl**t"))))

Well, anybody who played CS:GO should be very aware of this. :P

View PostDomenoth, on 20 December 2021 - 12:04 AM, said:

(...)
I've heard multiple times the example of a $20 pack (which to US customers is something like 3 to 5 coffees). For players in other regions, this $20 could be more like a microwave or some other much larger purchase. So if I'm a player who saved for several months to afford that one shiny Mech pack, had to get the wife to agree to it. Had to write a line in the budget and time the payment correctly with payday, you're now telling me that if I want to buy anything else at a price that's way more reasonable for my local currency, I have to completely abandon the one purchase I put so much effort into?

(...)

Let people pay a fair price for what you're selling. Let people keep what they already paid for. You need to work toward both of these.

This.

Even me, who's living in Poland, have to spend around 4x more on one mech pack (I should easily purchase the pack if it cost me 20 PLN instead of over 80 PLN (by FX rate above 4 PLN per 1 USD level).

Imagine if you have to pay 80$ for a simple mech pack...

#47 xBASHARx

• Pip
  • Bad Company
  • 11 posts
  • LocationKharkiv, Ukraine

Posted 24 December 2021 - 05:20 AM

View PostENOVA, on 19 December 2021 - 12:17 PM, said:

They didn't chose it. EG7 did, it's their own property now

View PostCh_R0me, on 19 December 2021 - 01:22 PM, said:

Oh, now you reminded me about Armored Warfare. And I still looking for some tanks game (WG.net is off-limits for me after their bad support).

And yeah, if only EG7 rep was here...

That's the problem of modern gaming development. The decisions are made by people who understand finances, but don't understand games and what surrounds them.

Well, I hope that Innova doesn't make things worse by sky-rocketing prices. I still don't understand, why it was impossible to just add localization to the main client and adjust prices. Or drop them altogether, we are talking about an OLD game with low online. Drop the prices, get more payments.

#48 EnDgen

Rookie

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 8 posts
  • LocationTomsk

Posted 24 December 2021 - 08:15 PM

Attention, google translation.
This is great news, of course.
But 4game doesn't inspire confidence.
I still remember the situation with the Russian PlanetSide2 servers, when 4game decided to close them, all progress was simply lost and 4game did not even compensate for it in any way.

I really hope that MWO will not suffer such a fate, Russian servers and localization will be available on Steam and the main client.

#49 Doriam

• PipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 93 posts

Posted 25 December 2021 - 05:57 PM

View PostEnDgen, on 24 December 2021 - 08:15 PM, said:

Attention, google translation.
This is great news, of course.
But 4game doesn't inspire confidence.
I still remember the situation with the Russian PlanetSide2 servers, when 4game decided to close them, all progress was simply lost and 4game did not even compensate for it in any way.

I really hope that MWO will not suffer such a fate, Russian servers and localization will be available on Steam and the main client.

Well, I've got some compensation on EU Planetside 2 servers, but I don't sure because of progress or because of some purchased stuff.

#50 Daniel Santana

Rookie

• Big Brother
  • 5 posts
  • LocationGoiânia

Posted 30 December 2021 - 10:27 PM

I am very happy for the Russians. I play from Brazil, and I wish one day to play on a server in south america. It doesn't even need to be translated into Brazilian Portuguese.

Edited by Daniel Santana, 30 December 2021 - 10:28 PM.

#51 M E X

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Named
  • The Named
  • 381 posts
  • Locationg-town, Vienna, Austria, EU.

Posted 01 January 2022 - 10:04 AM

Will EG7 license a chinese version of MW0 too someday ? Posted Image

#52 Roodkapje

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 577 posts

Posted 05 January 2022 - 11:18 AM

View PostDaniel Santana, on 30 December 2021 - 10:27 PM, said:

I am very happy for the Russians. I play from Brazil, and I wish one day to play on a server in south america.
It doesn't even need to be translated into Brazilian Portuguese.

Interesting!

What kind of ping are you dealing with usually ??

We had some visitors from Brazil on our EU TeamSpeak Server for a VERY LONG time so I guess the ping issue wasn't that huge for them ?! Posted Image

#53 Daniel Santana

Rookie

• Big Brother
  • 5 posts
  • LocationGoiânia

Posted 05 January 2022 - 08:50 PM

View PostRoodkapje, on 05 January 2022 - 11:18 AM, said:

Interesting!

What kind of ping are you dealing with usually ??

We had some visitors from Brazil on our EU TeamSpeak Server for a VERY LONG time so I guess the ping issue wasn't that huge for them ?! Posted Image

It's usually 180

#54 Inoom

• PipPip
  • The Serpent
  • The Serpent
  • 29 posts

Posted 13 January 2022 - 08:25 AM

Will be players from CIS restricted for playing on EU servers? Like "Playing only on 4game, russians!"
(For example. when MMOFPS Ironsight release on 4game, CIS region was banned in Europe).

#55 Horseman

• The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 4,694 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 13 January 2022 - 03:51 PM

View PostInoom, on 13 January 2022 - 08:25 AM, said:

Will be players from CIS restricted for playing on EU servers? Like "Playing only on 4game, russians!"
(For example. when MMOFPS Ironsight release on 4game, CIS region was banned in Europe).

Not according to the clarifications PGI made. It is not unreasonable to expect the CIS client to default to the CIS server region, however, even if the others are accessible..

Edited by Horseman, 13 January 2022 - 03:52 PM.

#56 MNTOFP

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 154 posts

Posted 22 January 2022 - 09:26 AM

Looks like the game can no longer be found on the Steam store from Russia Posted Image .
PGI, removing MWO from Steam, which is very much loved by a huge number of gamers from Russia, and forcing them to use something incomprehensible called 4game is a very bad idea.
PGI, please return the game to a decent and convenient platform - on Steam.

Written with the help of Google translator.

#57 MNTOFP

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 154 posts

Posted 22 January 2022 - 12:31 PM

PGI, you want to increase the popularity of MWO among players from Russia, while blocking access to the game on Steam - the most popular playground among Russian players, which has a good search and recommendation system.
Do you really think that by limiting the distribution of MWO in Russia to an insignificant site (4game) that many of us have not even heard of, you will be able to increase the popularity of MWO?

Written using machine translation.

#58 Ishii

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hungry
  • The Hungry
  • 165 posts
  • LocationRussia, Moscow

Posted 24 January 2022 - 05:44 AM

Today I was also unpleasantly surprised that the game was removed from Steam in the Russian region. As a matter of principle, I will not have anything to do with 4game, because this company has more than once they have done ugly things to their players , it's a pity that you decided to cooperate with them. Return the MWO to steam, don't leave your Russian fans in the hands of 4game. Of course, we can download your separate launcher, but it has always been convenient for me to use steam, I'm sure many other players too. In addition, I would be happy to purchase steampacks ( if you add new ones ), as I have done more than once before (I even bought a solaris pack twice for an account). The fact that you removed the game from steam in our region is simply discouraging.

Written using machine translation.

#59 latinisator

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 561 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 24 January 2022 - 08:27 AM

If PGI has signed a contract with 4games, then they would need to abandon Steam according to regulations of said contract, I guess. That seems to be another very bad decision, as imho the sell-out to EG7. "the grabbing hands grab all they can" comes to mind. I sincerely do hope that this will not turn out to be another nail in the coffin of MWO.
Anyhow, since we do not seem to have any influence - nor here nor irl: Дружба, comrades/fellow MechWarriors!

#60 w0qj

• The Territorial
  • The Territorial
  • 3,369 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationAt your 6 :)

Posted 24 January 2022 - 07:33 PM

There's a whiff of Epic/MW5 exclusivity here, similar to this MWO/4game...me thinks..

MWO/4game owes its player base a full explanation, considering this sudden/big change...

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users