#81 Torchfire Katayama

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Infernal
  • The Infernal
  • 114 posts
  • LocationNA

Posted 05 January 2022 - 03:29 PM

View PostPariah Devalis, on 05 January 2022 - 11:24 AM, said:

Just to be clear, you look at the new variant and long range poking is what you get out of it? I'm asking, because i don't want to come off negative, but I do want you to utilize critical thinking skills. What does this variant bring to the shadow cat? At what range bracket does that have the most impact? What sort of gameplay do the new options more closely benefit? Consider the mechs free tonnage and critical space, as well.

Consider it closely. Because I think if you do, you with your complaint about long range shadow cats poking might be pleasantly surprised. But I'm not going to spell it out for you. Go, you, utilize that organic computer to its fullest potential! Posted Image

5 Energy hardpoints.... Hmmm what could I possibly do with this amount of hardpoints.... gaaaaahhhhhhh I KNOW!

TWO ER PPC'S!!! YES! That's the ONLY thing that could POSSIBLY fit there.

Any while I'm at it I'll stick the round block into the square hole.

#82 w0qj

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Territorial
  • The Territorial
  • 3,367 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationAt your 6 :)

Posted 05 January 2022 - 03:43 PM

And we still have not seen the quirks yet... cannot wait ;)

#83 w0qj

• The Territorial
  • The Territorial
  • 3,367 posts

Posted 05 January 2022 - 04:04 PM

+1
"...The ability to have any mech achieve the hero Cbill status..."

Two ways to do this:
1. MMMS proposal (Make My Mech Special):
https://mwomercs.com...-favorite-mechs

2. OR, as you've suggest, total +30% CBills bonus cockpit item (eg: +30% CBills Warhorn?),
but make this +CBills bonus item bound to this specific mech.
ie: Only this mech can equip this +30% CBills bonus cockpit item; other mechs cannot equip this item!

Can this be done? Yes!
It's similar to "IS Only" or "Clan Only" +CBills bonus items from the Pre-Order Predator/Warden/Hunter/Stryker Booster Packs!
But change this to "Bound to this mech".

View PostDrake67, on 04 January 2022 - 07:51 AM, said:

I like the Idea of the hanging Item Cbill bonus items and the events to earn more of them. Any chance of seeing some standing and warhorn Cbill items? I know that there some standing Cbill items available with certain packs through the store. A 30% hanging Item would be nice. The ability to have any mech achieve the hero Cbill status. I personally like playing the C4 Catapult for it's missile bonus. The only thing I could think of is make it a event item so it limits the availability. ...

#84 AnAnachronismAlive

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 417 posts

Posted 05 January 2022 - 11:34 PM

PGI did not create the ability to add a 30%C-Bill Bonus to a mech for good reason IMHO, since in days past / days of revenue via mech(pack)s, it would have totally devaluated the incentive to buy hero-mechs (especially those with non cookie-cutter loadouts) and hampered the (debatable) ingame-economy (time/reward/investment-ratios) back then.

With the recent rise of C-Bill items, they may look a little different on the topic ... what em won't and should not do though is to allow as many 30% C-Bill items as one wishes for (even if limited to one per mech). We been proposing the option to create some kind of ONE "totem mech" ONCE per account in the monetization thread a long time ago, that would let a player choose exactly ONE variant to place a 30% C-Bill Boost on (and be not replacable / interchangable) as some reasonable alternative. This would allow players to upgrade their most favourite variant / personal favourite and still leave enough room for the hero-bonus to shine.

But dunno if that should have priority currently, since most of the players should not be in need of many c-bills anymore anyhow + the game has to keep at least some "time and effort" to get oneself a new mech/variant.

Edited by AnAnachronismAlive, 06 January 2022 - 03:49 AM.

#85 Kodan Black

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The People's Hero
  • The People
  • 375 posts
  • LocationMassachusetts, USA

Posted 06 January 2022 - 08:12 AM

View Postw0qj, on 05 January 2022 - 04:04 PM, said:

Can this be done? Yes!
It's similar to "IS Only" or "Clan Only" +CBills bonus items from the Pre-Order Predator/Warden/Hunter/Stryker Booster Packs!
But change this to "Bound to this mech".

It may not be that easy. IS/Clan is already a thing they can work from, adding a specific mech ID to a warhorn such that it cannot be used elsewhere may not be possible without code to add the hooks. But I also come at this from a dev POV. Posted Image

#86 Roodkapje

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 577 posts

Posted 06 January 2022 - 11:37 AM

[off-topic redacted]

When many of us asked all those wannabe sniper campers in the past why they were playing the way they did the excuse was always : "Because the Shadow Cat is too weak in close combat!" Posted Image
While that was simply not true... Posted Image

So now all of a sudden the Shadow Cat is a brawler ?!
Yeah right... Posted Image

View PostTorchfire Katayama, on 05 January 2022 - 03:29 PM, said:

5 Energy hardpoints.... Hmmm what could I possibly do with this amount of hardpoints.... gaaaaahhhhhhh I KNOW!

TWO ER PPC'S!!! YES! That's the ONLY thing that could POSSIBLY fit there.

Do you have ANY IDEA how many stupid mech builds there are out there ?!

I am guessing NOT because I do and this new Shadow Cat WILL BE on of them in that ER PPC configuration! Posted Image

View Postmartian, on 05 January 2022 - 11:54 AM, said:

What kind of "fix" do you imagine?

Out of bounds area that can be defined by both horizontal and vertical coordinates Posted Image

Edited by Ekson Valdez, 07 January 2022 - 12:07 AM.
removed off-topic

#87 Pariah Devalis

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Clan Cat
  • The Clan Cat
  • 7,655 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationAboard the NCS True Path

Posted 06 January 2022 - 12:59 PM

Road, think about it. You are whining about a build that already exists. It's also, coincidentally the only way to play the SHC unless you go srm heavy which works quite well, entirely because there are not enough hardpoints available for anything else. Considering your attitude and lack of respect towards illness in an obviously small team, I'm going to rename you Karen.

Incidentally, I feel for Mark, as he can't really vocally defend himself re illness considering a need to maintain professionalism.

So, Karen, let me work it out for you. Adding energy hardpoints gives options to the chassis for non sniping purposes. See, Karen, the mech only has 16 tons of pod space, 17 if you shave armor, and an awfully large number of fixed crit spaces. So, Karen, you can only ever fit 2 erppc or 3 erllas realistically. Any more and it can't handle the heat. What does suddenly having so many e hardpoint allow? Mplas, my dear Karen. Mplas. Medium range pop skirmishes.

Considering I've broken 1k damage many a time with an ecmless splat shc, it's a solid brawler, if you know what you're doing. Quite capable, actually, in both qp and and a beast in 1v1 Solaris even against assault mechs. I've got about a dozen videos of such if you want, but, Karen, you probably don't. That's ok, though, I'll save you a step in your argument. You might want to speak to a manager, but I am my own Manager. Nice to meet ya.

Edited by Pariah Devalis, 06 January 2022 - 01:03 PM.

#88 Gas Guzzler

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 14,244 posts
  • LocationCalifornia Central Coast

Posted 06 January 2022 - 01:01 PM

The mechpr0n in here is great, Mark has done an awesome job, but you know what would be cool too?

New variant/new chassis art Posted Image

#89 martian

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,576 posts

Posted 06 January 2022 - 01:19 PM

View PostGas Guzzler, on 06 January 2022 - 01:01 PM, said:

The mechpr0n in here is great, Mark has done an awesome job, but you know what would be cool too?

New variant/new chassis art Posted Image

Please, read this:

View PostMark Nicholson, on 27 December 2021 - 08:48 PM, said:

View PostMrFatBard, on 27 December 2021 - 08:31 PM, said:

so uhh these are pretty nice not even gonna lie, but uhh when are we getting new mechs? like not just variants i need to spend more money Posted Image

I see your interest in that, and I want you to know I'm VERY interested in making them for you, as are Matt and Daeron. However, it's not a topic I feel comfortable expanding on at this time, nor would this be the place for us to announce new chassis.

#90 Gas Guzzler

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 14,244 posts
  • LocationCalifornia Central Coast

Posted 06 January 2022 - 02:15 PM

View Postmartian, on 06 January 2022 - 01:19 PM, said:

Please, read this:

I included New Variant (meaning another booster pack) as well. Nothing wrong with me doubling down on the demand for new mech chassis, not expecting company spoilers from Mark, so you don't need to police my posts Posted Image

#91 Torchfire Katayama

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Infernal
  • The Infernal
  • 114 posts
  • LocationNA

Posted 06 January 2022 - 02:42 PM

View PostRoodkapje, on 06 January 2022 - 11:37 AM, said:

I fear so too! Posted Image

That's what I have noticed too the last year or so : All battles seem to have gone "Long range" and brawling is a thing of the past most of the time! Posted Image

My mechs never had any kind of PPC before and now many of them do in case ER or Large Lasers are not an option because of this change/trend going on...

LURM and PPC SPAM seems to be the future indeed! Posted Image

You can be a d**k about it or just face the reality : Many of these will end up as fancy new ER PPC builds!

When many of us asked all those wannabe sniper campers in the past why they were playing the way they did the excuse was always : "Because the Shadow Cat is too weak in close combat!" Posted Image
While that was simply not true... Posted Image

So now all of a sudden the Shadow Cat is a brawler ?!
Yeah right... Posted Image

Do you have ANY IDEA how many stupid mech builds there are out there ?!

I am guessing NOT because I do and this new Shadow Cat WILL BE on of them in that ER PPC configuration! Posted Image

Out of bounds area that can be defined by both horizontal and vertical coordinates Posted Image

I heard someone say the Shadow Cat can't brawl.

Edited by Torchfire Katayama, 06 January 2022 - 02:45 PM.

#92 AnAnachronismAlive

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 417 posts

Posted 08 January 2022 - 05:29 AM

Sorry to ho-jack your thread again, Mark. But is it intentional one can not gift some of the new player packs (IS and Clan) via the shop? Posted Image

#93 D V Devnull

• Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 4,245 posts
  • LocationUnknown... Except for the stars, it's kind of dark here!

Posted 08 January 2022 - 06:01 AM

View PostAnAnachronismAlive, on 08 January 2022 - 05:29 AM, said:

Sorry to ho-jack your thread again, Mark. But is it intentional one can not gift some of the new player packs (IS and Clan) via the shop? Posted Image

Wait-a-minute... <*goes and looks*> ...have you checked "Gift Store" @ https://mwomercs.com/store/gifts for the buttons that let you Gift those packs unto others? :(

~D. V. "wondering if 'AnAnachronismAlive' has checked the Gift Store for the purchase buttons" Devnull

#94 AnAnachronismAlive

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 417 posts

Posted 08 January 2022 - 07:50 AM

View PostD V Devnull, on 08 January 2022 - 06:01 AM, said:

Wait-a-minute... <*goes and looks*> ...have you checked "Gift Store" @ https://mwomercs.com/store/gifts for the buttons that let you Gift those packs unto others? Posted Image

~D. V. "wondering if 'AnAnachronismAlive' has checked the Gift Store for the purchase buttons" Devnull

Yep, have. Mebbe I am blind ... or are you able to find any of the "New Player Packs" (Clan or IS-Variants separated in light, medium, heavy, assault and ultimate) under the gift-section, since I am not.

Edited by AnAnachronismAlive, 08 January 2022 - 07:51 AM.

#95 D V Devnull

• Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 4,245 posts
  • LocationUnknown... Except for the stars, it's kind of dark here!

Posted 09 January 2022 - 07:33 AM

View PostAnAnachronismAlive, on 08 January 2022 - 07:50 AM, said:

Yep, have. Mebbe I am blind ... or are you able to find any of the "New Player Packs" (Clan or IS-Variants separated in light, medium, heavy, assault and ultimate) under the gift-section, since I am not.

Okay... I got confused here... Thought you meant the Stryker/Warden/Hunter/Predator/Rivals Packs when you were asking that question. I also can not find either the I.S. and/or Clan "New Player Packs" there, nor the "Bundles Of Joy" stuff, or even all the Clan Light/Medium/Heavy/Assault "Mech Heroes" which should all be present to purchase in the Gift Store's various sections. Somebody there within PGI's Staff totally missed out on a very major opportunity to get Real $$$ from the entire community of players by not providing those options. I suspect they are also missing a lot more earning opportunity just by the fact that all the New WarHorns are also not available via an (MC) purchase to the general community of players yet. :(

~D. V. "You're right, and I'm confused... I don't see these Packs in the Gift Store either!" Devnull

[Single Minor Edit by the Post's Author to correct a re-flow issue!]

Edited by D V Devnull, 09 January 2022 - 07:35 AM.

#96 w0qj

• The Territorial
  • The Territorial
  • 3,367 posts

Posted 09 January 2022 - 03:54 PM

+1
Please allow us to "Gift" the IS & Clan New Player Packs!

For those who also feel the same way, please kindly consider to drop by to leave a word in this forum thread:
https://mwomercs.com...ew-player-packs

View PostAnAnachronismAlive, on 08 January 2022 - 05:29 AM, said:

#97 Roodkapje

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 577 posts

Posted 14 January 2022 - 08:27 AM

View PostTorchfire Katayama, on 06 January 2022 - 02:42 PM, said:

I heard someone say the Shadow Cat can't brawl.

If only more people ACTUALLY played like that! Posted Image

View PostPariah Devalis, on 06 January 2022 - 12:59 PM, said:

Road, think about it. You are whining about a build that already exists. It's also, coincidentally the only way to play the SHC unless you go srm heavy which works quite well, entirely because there are not enough hardpoints available for anything else. Considering your attitude and lack of respect towards illness in an obviously small team, I'm going to rename you Karen.

Incidentally, I feel for Mark, as he can't really vocally defend himself re illness considering a need to maintain professionalism.

So, Karen, let me work it out for you. Adding energy hardpoints gives options to the chassis for non sniping purposes. See, Karen, the mech only has 16 tons of pod space, 17 if you shave armor, and an awfully large number of fixed crit spaces. So, Karen, you can only ever fit 2 erppc or 3 erllas realistically. Any more and it can't handle the heat. What does suddenly having so many e hardpoint allow? Mplas, my dear Karen. Mplas. Medium range pop skirmishes.

Considering I've broken 1k damage many a time with an ecmless splat shc, it's a solid brawler, if you know what you're doing. Quite capable, actually, in both qp and and a beast in 1v1 Solaris even against assault mechs. I've got about a dozen videos of such if you want, but, Karen, you probably don't. That's ok, though, I'll save you a step in your argument. You might want to speak to a manager, but I am my own Manager. Nice to meet ya.

Dear Karen,

Nice to meet you! It's cool we have the same name!

But it's just so sad that you do not realize that no one actually uses a Shadow Cat like that! ;)

Edited by Roodkapje, 14 January 2022 - 08:30 AM.

#98 CT Sparty

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 117 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationMontréal, Québec, CA

Posted 15 January 2022 - 09:13 AM

good thread Posted Image

#99 RenegadeMaster88

• Pip
  • The Infernal
  • 15 posts

Posted 17 January 2022 - 02:36 AM

Fantastic art work with the add-ons!

#100 MW Waldorf Statler

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,457 posts
  • LocationGermany/Berlin

Posted 17 January 2022 - 03:06 AM

Very Thanks Mark for your Feedback and all the Views in your Work ,for guys thats not so familar with 3D Modelling Posted Image .Its sad tahts you now the only Artist in the crew and im Hope thats EG7 let you further work on mechs in the Future .Fine to hear thats Alex is further by MWO !!!!! so long nothing seeing from him, thats im thinking her is going to other Projects.

Each thats buy the Pack helps Mark to work in Future on MWO.

EG 7 close fast each Studio thats not brings enough Profit in her View, so the Future is very hard for MWO and his little Team

https://youtu.be/MgYYAx9v8tE

Edited by MW Waldorf Statler, 17 January 2022 - 03:10 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users