Domination Minimap

24 replies to this topic

#1 OP8

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 142 posts

Posted 20 December 2021 - 08:30 PM

Short and sweet, I want a thin red line around the domination zone so that it can be seen on the minimap, on maps where the yellow is barely visible. I love the new hellbore outpost, but no one can see where the cap zone is. There's other maps where this is an issue too, but not as pronounced. A red line would contrast with the yellow enough so it'd be visible no matter what color the terrain was.

#2 ThreeStooges

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Howl
  • The Howl
  • 505 posts
  • Locationamc reruns and youtube

Posted 20 December 2021 - 08:37 PM

I swear pgi has no idea of color theory when it comes to coloring a map. I hate the new map on dom mode with a passion to which I just suicide off it when it is bore and dom mode due to no one having any clue where the hell the dom point is. Seriously FIX THE DOM COLOR.
Posted Image

#3 Inappropriate Slap

• Pip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 10 posts

Posted 21 December 2021 - 02:41 AM

It is really difficult to see the circle on the last 2 maps

#4 Vamboozle

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 127 posts
  • Locationuk

Posted 21 December 2021 - 02:54 AM

I agree - it’s a nightmare on the Hellebore map.

#5 Kimias

Rookie

• The Handsome Devil
  • The Handsome Devil
  • 8 posts

Posted 22 December 2021 - 08:32 AM

Can nobody see the Flag ICON and the UI light up when they are in the circle?

#6 Curccu

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 4,610 posts

Posted 22 December 2021 - 08:41 AM

View PostKimias, on 22 December 2021 - 08:32 AM, said:

Can nobody see the Flag ICON and the UI light up when they are in the circle?

So stagger blindly in direction where you think that circles edge is and then realize by UI that you are in? How about just change the freaking color of the circle?

#7 Kimias

Rookie

• The Handsome Devil
  • The Handsome Devil
  • 8 posts

Posted 22 December 2021 - 08:56 AM

View PostCurccu, on 22 December 2021 - 08:41 AM, said:

So stagger blindly in direction where you think that circles edge is and then realize by UI that you are in? How about just change the freaking color of the circle?

The location never changes...the size never changes....use your sensors it is a tool that is being ignored here. LOL, if it randomly moved around the map during the duration of the gameplay, it maybe helpful, but you could still use your sensors.

#8 Curccu

• Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 4,610 posts

Posted 22 December 2021 - 10:02 AM

View PostKimias, on 22 December 2021 - 08:56 AM, said:

The location never changes...the size never changes....use your sensors it is a tool that is being ignored here. LOL, if it randomly moved around the map during the duration of the gameplay, it maybe helpful, but you could still use your sensors.

Or I could visually see it from minimap EASILY with one glance, like originally intended... if devs could change one RGB value for one game mode for few maps.

#9 crazytimes

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,316 posts

Posted 22 December 2021 - 10:42 AM

I'm colourblind, it was already difficult on some maps. Hellebore and caustic though- I have absolutely no idea where it is. Some kind of demarcation line, or texture on the circle would help.

That said, it's easy enough to follow the crowd and join the rotation within the circle.

#10 D V Devnull

• Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 4,245 posts
  • LocationUnknown... Except for the stars, it's kind of dark here!

Posted 23 December 2021 - 05:53 AM

View PostOP8, on 20 December 2021 - 08:30 PM, said:

Short and sweet, I want a thin red line around the domination zone so that it can be seen on the minimap, on maps where the yellow is barely visible. I love the new hellbore outpost, but no one can see where the cap zone is. There's other maps where this is an issue too, but not as pronounced. A red line would contrast with the yellow enough so it'd be visible no matter what color the terrain was.

And there is one really BIG problem with that. You do know what the Out-Of-Bounds Color is at this time, right? It's RED too, which could trick people into NOT entering the Domination Circle location. That could easily mess up the Domination Game Mode rather horribly. Perhaps something along the lines of a Green/Blue/Purple Outline would be more suitable in order to provide reasonable emphasis, like I mentioned while replying to someone else at https://mwomercs.com/forums/topic/281934-patch-notes-142490-14-december-2021/page__view__findpost__p__6438699 just recently? It would definitely save the Domination Circle & Game Mode from the confusion of an improper indication/coloring situation. :o

~D. V. "pointing out why Red can not be used as an emphasis for the Domination Circle edge line" Devnull

#11 PocketYoda

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 4,136 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 23 December 2021 - 06:39 AM

Caustic is the same..

#12 Curccu

• Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 4,610 posts

Posted 23 December 2021 - 09:58 AM

View PostD V Devnull, on 23 December 2021 - 05:53 AM, said:

And there is one really BIG problem with that. You do know what the Out-Of-Bounds Color is at this time, right? It's RED too, which could trick people into NOT entering the Domination Circle location. That could easily mess up the Domination Game Mode rather horribly. Perhaps something along the lines of a Green/Blue/Purple Outline would be more suitable in order to provide reasonable emphasis, like I mentioned while replying to someone else at https://mwomercs.com/forums/topic/281934-patch-notes-142490-14-december-2021/page__view__findpost__p__6438699 just recently? It would definitely save the Domination Circle & Game Mode from the confusion of an improper indication/coloring situation. Posted Image

~D. V. "pointing out why Red can not be used as an emphasis for the Domination Circle edge line" Devnull

Well it would be clearly visible circle with red outline so people would know it's not OB.
But like I wrote earlier just dev to pick some other color for domination circle for these maps that have similar color theme as domination circle.

#13 PocketYoda

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 4,136 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 25 December 2021 - 04:03 AM

I don't really care what color the line is or the pee stain is as long as it isn't the same color as the map..

#14 martian

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,577 posts

Posted 25 December 2021 - 04:08 AM

View PostNomad Tech, on 25 December 2021 - 04:03 AM, said:

I don't really care what color the line is or the pee stain is as long as it isn't the same color as the map..

I wonder how many days it will take for PGI to implement such change.

#15 Curccu

• Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 4,610 posts

Posted 25 December 2021 - 04:54 AM

View Postmartian, on 25 December 2021 - 04:08 AM, said:

I wonder how many days it will take for PGI to implement such change.

Never gonna change.

#16 Teenage Mutant Ninja Urbie

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • 1,678 posts

Posted 25 December 2021 - 06:43 AM

yup; totally not needed, but would be a totally obvious 'nice to have', too.

so: never gonna happen, sorry.
sometimes I think that PGIs UI-design-philosophy is kind of a 'reversed apple'. place all the stuff you're looking for in some corner where you wouldn't normally, color all those things that make you leave a group while hiding other stuff, make things hard to see ingame (terra for colorblind, peestain in dom), the whole how-to-open-that-d*mn-lootcrate, ingame event-system plus an external one (which is old, crappy - and yet 13times better to handle). there's more, but..

anyway. "stay frosty"

Posted Image

#17 Horseman

• The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 4,694 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 27 December 2021 - 04:52 AM

The solution is quite simple: display the terrain in grayscale or using less saturated colors. Then, any brightly colored indicators on the minimap would be more legible .

I believe - may be wrong on this - that the minimap is a static texture, so it's not even like this would require any code changes...

Edited by Horseman, 27 December 2021 - 05:52 AM.

#18 PocketYoda

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 4,136 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 28 December 2021 - 04:52 AM

Personally think a pale blue circle would be best.

#19 martian

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,577 posts

Posted 28 December 2021 - 07:07 AM

View PostNomad Tech, on 28 December 2021 - 04:52 AM, said:

Personally think a pale blue circle would be best.

I do not think that having blue 'Mech symbols on the blue background would be a good idea.

#20 HGAK47

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 971 posts

Posted 28 December 2021 - 09:10 AM

Even for those of us with reasonably good eyesight it isnt exactly the easiest of things to spot and seems like a bit of an oversight on PGI`s part, a red outline or something seems like a solid idea.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users