• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Resolute
  • The Resolute
  • 2,018 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted 31 December 2021 - 09:39 AM

View Postw0qj, on 29 December 2021 - 07:39 PM, said:

Each purchase of 50% Off GSP package also yield 25 Stocking Stuffer (Loot Bags) if you buy before 4rd-Jan-2022 @ 23:59pm UTC!
https://mwomercs.com...=202112stocking

You can buy as many of these as you want; no limit!! Posted Image

Only in the store; unfortunately, not in game Posted Image

RAM
ELH

#22 Mad Dawg

• Pip
  • Wild Dog
  • Wild Dog
  • 12 posts

Posted 31 December 2021 - 04:56 PM

Isn't the XP conversion completely useless, even with the quadruple bonus?

Right now for 625 MC you can convert 62,500 XP into GXP, to be used on any mech.
You have to THEN spend ~3.5 million Cbills to convert that into ~78 useable Skill Points.

OR you could just spend the 625 MC on a 100 GSP Bundle, getting you more Skill Points with no additional Cbill cost.

Unless I'm missing something, converting XP is never a good idea. They really need to increase the conversion bonus a lot more to make it worthwhile.

#23 crazytimes

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,316 posts

Posted 31 December 2021 - 09:27 PM

View PostMad Dawg, on 31 December 2021 - 04:56 PM, said:

Unless I'm missing something, converting XP is never a good idea. They really need to increase the conversion bonus a lot more to make it worthwhile.

Yeah it doesn't make a lot of sense. At the rate GSP are given out, there's barely any need anyhow. I had nearly a thousand GSP sitting there just from events and stuff. I tend to half skill a mech, and then with events like this it's easy to grind out the rest of the skill tree in a handful of games.

#24 JOATMON Incorporated

• PipPipPip
  • The Clamps
  • The Clamps
  • 90 posts
  • LocationEarth

Posted 01 January 2022 - 07:24 AM

PGI, last year you offered quite a few more bundles for the Bundles of Joy. Most notable were the IS S grade mechs for things like locusts, battlemasters and thunderbolts. This was a great way for newer players to get S grade mechs that are otherwise unobtainable.

#25 Saved By The Bell

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 674 posts
  • LocationJapan

Posted 01 January 2022 - 07:27 AM

Training mech never was so easy and fast.

#26 w0qj

• The Territorial
  • The Territorial
  • 3,368 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationAt your 6 :)

Posted 02 January 2022 - 11:00 AM

This New Years Experience Event apparently applies to all game modes, including Faction Play!

#27 MT Titan

• Pip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 19 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationThe Periphery

Posted 03 January 2022 - 06:29 AM

Thank you for the awesome holiday events and all the hard work you peeps do!

#28 Roodkapje

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 577 posts

Posted 05 January 2022 - 09:59 AM

This Event was insane : I had one match with 12000+ XP at the end! Posted Image

Very usefull to skill some funny builds like the 8 x ER LARGE LASER Dire Wolf build or the 2 x MRM 40 Catapult build! Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#29 D V Devnull

• Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 4,245 posts
  • LocationUnknown... Except for the stars, it's kind of dark here!

Posted 05 January 2022 - 10:11 AM

View PostMad Dawg, on 31 December 2021 - 04:56 PM, said:

Isn't the XP conversion completely useless, even with the quadruple bonus?

Right now for 625 MC you can convert 62,500 XP into GXP, to be used on any mech.
You have to THEN spend ~3.5 million Cbills to convert that into ~78 useable Skill Points.

OR you could just spend the 625 MC on a 100 GSP Bundle, getting you more Skill Points with no additional Cbill cost.

View Postcrazytimes, on 31 December 2021 - 09:27 PM, said:

Yeah it doesn't make a lot of sense. At the rate GSP are given out, there's barely any need anyhow. I had nearly a thousand GSP sitting there just from events and stuff. I tend to half skill a mech, and then with events like this it's easy to grind out the rest of the skill tree in a handful of games.

Guess what, you two... this very XP Conversion that you're trying to be heartless about has come an extremely long way since back when I started playing. It used to be that you could only Convert @ 2x before, and that was when it really fell short of being worth it. The mere fact that we are able to Convert @ 4x now is several major steps forward, and I'm one of the few who were willing to lobby for it. It even went through the growing pains of stalling at the 3x XP Conversion area for a time, so you really should be happy that it reached 4x XP Conversion to be enjoyed. :mellow:

Unfortunately for both of you, it also happens that I left a promise in these Forums before too. I noted that if XP Conversion were to ever reach the 4x XP Conversion point at any time, then PGI would have my siding with them for defense against increasing it further. It looks to me like you both fail to get that XP Conversion is meant primarily for taking Mech XP on a Build that has too much spare racked up, and freeing it for use on other Mechs in the future. Being as PGI & MWO are also a business, there has to be somewhere that they can make a few extra Real $$$ in order to keep the Servers on so anyone can play at all. If they keep pushing the XP Conversion multiple further than it is now, then they ultimately deprive themselves of that required money which enables them to make MWO possible at all. One basically has to ask, do you really want MWO to end up going off the air forever? :angry:

By the way, getting the 100 GSP Package may give someone easy Skill Points to work with. But, that also deprives a player of the battle experience which is needed to really use it properly in many cases, and will likely result in more resource waste later on. So if anything, there can be an equal counter-argument that the 100 GSP Package is not worth it unless that receives more of a discount. You know, like 60% Off of the normal prices, and that may still not cover the issue! -_-

~D. V. "You two and I will likely end up always differing extremely on views about XP Conversion & GSP Packs" Devnull

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users