General

12 replies to this topic

#1 Sawk

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Star Captain
  • Star Captain
  • 402 posts

Posted 02 January 2022 - 05:21 PM

HI now that a new year has started i have a question.

in years past, i use to see, MECHS that were very hard to kill or some SAY UNDEAD, like the urban mech, you know trashcan. But i have also seen it in atlas, even so a jenner get hit with 3 or 4 alpha shots, mine was 46 point shot with lazer vomit, and still ran off.
BUT in the last year i have not seen one, has anyone seen a zombie mech, the unkillable mech, i still see folks run mechs that LOSS of all there weapons FAST, but no zombies.

???? SAWK

#2 FupDup

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 26,888 posts
  • LocationThe Keeper of Memes

Posted 02 January 2022 - 05:27 PM

More damage output means fewer people live long enough to zombie.

Some years ago damage transfer also got nerfed, which was one of the key mechanics that allowed zombies to zombie (destroyed sides and arm stubs reduced damage a lot more than they do now).

#3 LordNothing

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 17,076 posts

Posted 02 January 2022 - 08:17 PM

lfe killed the zombie. st death made it so i didnt really consider an xl engine an upgrade. sure something you use on lights and meds to get more speed or firepower. so before lfe you were able to prioritize survivability with std. considering that a mech keeps the bulk of its firepower in the arms and side torso, and losing both in a std build either makes you a stick or leaves you with the firepower of a spider 5v. or you can upgrade to an lfe, get more tonnage for firepower and who cares if you die when your other torso goes, you are useless at that point anyway. being a zombie is less useful than carrying a few extra tons of weapons.

#4 Maddermax

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 393 posts

Posted 02 January 2022 - 11:40 PM

Yeah, I’ll agree with most of the points above - XL/LFE just is better than STD in 95% of builds, higher DPS and changes to damage reduction mean you die faster anyway, and most mechs just don’t have CT or Head hard points to justify “going zombie” in any capacity anyway.

#5 w0qj

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 3,576 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationAt your 6 :)

Posted 03 January 2022 - 02:07 AM

Does the Stalker qualify, with energy weapons in its CT?

Stalker STK-5M, STK-7D

Its armor on arms have been beefed up ala Cauldron, but it still has the propensity to lose arms+torso, making it a zombie :)

#6 The Basilisk

• The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 3,270 posts
  • LocationFrankfurt a.M.

Posted 03 January 2022 - 02:24 AM

one of the main reasons for Zombi to work was wonky hitreg prior to the rescaling and improvements to netcode.
Since all that got fixed, even the centurion can't zombi anymore, the timbi and the shadowhawk can't jumpglitch anymore and even the arms unlock trick to phase twist does not work anymore.
So no. Pack as much firepower and speed in it and try to twist as good as possible...even if I got the impression that too isn't as effective as it used to be.

#7 LordNothing

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 17,076 posts

Posted 03 January 2022 - 11:17 PM

the madcat-a has a ballistic point in the ct i think, enough for a uac2. but it has access to a clanxl, so doing that is a waste and 2 damage isnt really a lot.

a corsair 7r can cram 3 srm4s into its zombie points with ammo in the legs, for 25.8 damage.

the best one i found is a supernova-3, which can pack 3 erlls for 33 damage. again its clan so cxl always gives you the better oprion.

#8 Sawk

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Star Captain
  • Star Captain
  • 402 posts

Posted 05 January 2022 - 05:17 PM

hmmm i remember there being a few stalker zombies, but not any i can not kill in the last year, but i am still seeing alot --- of folks running mechs, that lose all there weapons, some after like the 3 hit on them.

PLEASE FIX MECHS that lose all there weapons : )

SAWK

#9 Maddermax

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 393 posts

Posted 05 January 2022 - 05:54 PM

LordNothing said:

1641280665[/url]' post='6440646']
the madcat-a has a ballistic point in the ct i think, enough for a uac2. but it has access to a clanxl, so doing that is a waste and 2 damage isnt really a lot.

a corsair 7r can cram 3 srm4s into its zombie points with ammo in the legs, for 25.8 damage.

the best one i found is a supernova-3, which can pack 3 erlls for 33 damage. again its clan so cxl always gives you the better oprion.

corsair also has a massive CT, so the chances of it surviving to use those zombie hard points is fairly low.

I completely agree about clan mechs just getting so much out of Clan XL, that it’s hard to justify.

Edited by Maddermax, 05 January 2022 - 05:56 PM.

#10 Moldur

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 2,234 posts

Posted 05 January 2022 - 10:42 PM

View PostFupDup, on 02 January 2022 - 05:27 PM, said:

More damage output means fewer people live long enough to zombie.

Some years ago damage transfer also got nerfed, which was one of the key mechanics that allowed zombies to zombie (destroyed sides and arm stubs reduced damage a lot more than they do now).

Sad day. I missed that note as I've been off and on. I recall back in the day I would dead side a marauder, and then once I lost the ST... I'd change nothing and still use the same deadside lol. The dead ST reduced damage by half to CT, and I could absorb absurd damage.

#11 Aidan Crenshaw

• The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 3,638 posts

Posted 06 January 2022 - 04:18 AM

Damage transfer ist still at 40% IIRC.

#12 FLG 01

• Leutnant
  • Leutnant
  • 2,646 posts

Posted 06 January 2022 - 05:20 PM

I'd argue a zombie is a Mech that still has reasonable fighting capabilities when losing both ST, not a Mech relying on its CT 100%.

We don't have the right Mechs to go zombie anyway. The Stooping Hawk e.g. would be brilliant. You could run 2x ERLL centerline (1x HD, 1x CT) plus 8x ERSL (2x RT/LT, 6x RA/LA) if you wanted. Feel free to modify the secondary armament but you could have a Mech with a lot of firepower and two centerlined ERLL that never fail until your Mech is fully destroyed. (or one head ERLL plus two SRM launchers in the CT).

Anyway, the Stooping Hawk using ClanTech could be a potent energy boat that just keeps firing. ClanTech and STD engine are a surprisingly interesting option. Not meta of course but useful enough to add variety. Unfortunately it was not in some PC game 22 years ago, so people don't care...

#13 Sawk

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Star Captain
  • Star Captain
  • 402 posts

Posted 06 January 2022 - 05:44 PM

WOW the way all you find QUIRKS and LOOP HOLE's, i would not be shocked to here of a web site that build mechs, too live FOREVER, i still think a good lazer vomit is better then most and in a good team, will work wonders.
SO what is the STORM CROW, that SEAN LANG plays, you knows it was canceled from scouting missions, hmm i really do think you know
SAWK -- CLANNER

9 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 9 guests, 0 anonymous users