January Free Mech Event!

45 replies to this topic

#41 D V Devnull

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 4,247 posts
  • LocationUnknown... Except for the stars, it's kind of dark here!

Posted 13 January 2022 - 05:48 AM

View PostErtur, on 12 January 2022 - 04:24 PM, said:

Maybe I'm just missing something, but when do we get our stuff? I've redeemed several things but not seen them drop into my inventory. End of event?

Hi there, 'Ertur'... :huh:

Have you been using the Website Event Tracker "Redeem" Buttons to get your stuff? If so, they suffer from a long-standing Bug which delays you from getting your things. It will usually take a Logout and Re-Login after a few hours (sometimes days) delay before anything will be credited to you from there. Sometimes it will even be injected silently with no displayed notification, and you'll be forced to leave the MechLab for a few before it will show up. Any which way, as you can see, using this route is never recommended. The only thing which the Website Event Trackers are good for is merely to keep an eye on all the Challenges up until you reach the basic point of completion. After that, the In-Game Event Browser becomes the strict de-facto place for receiving any information on how your progression is coming along. :mellow:

And speaking of that, if you can make sure to stick with the In-Game Event Browser for getting your things, then you can avoid these shenanigans. Only one fair note when you press the "Claim" Buttons in there, make sure that you do NOT click a second time on the same "Claim" Button in the interface. It was never designed with any mid-operation animations for people to avoid panic with, and the only noticeable feedback before the Injection Dialog comes up is to your personal "(MC)"/"(C-Bills)"/"General XP"/"Premium Time" numbers down in the far bottom-left of the entire display. Simply put, patience may be extremely necessary, but it becomes very rewarding for the person who wants instant delivery. :D

~D. V. "thinking that 'Ertur' collided with the Bug in those Website Event Tracker functions" Devnull

[Edits by the Post Author for small visual reflow and wording issues...]

Edited by D V Devnull, 13 January 2022 - 05:54 AM.

#42 Ertur

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 565 posts

Posted 13 January 2022 - 06:38 AM

Thanks for the detailed response. I had, in fact, been using the website and not the in-game tracker. I had been away a while, and forgot that the sigma looking thing was for the event tracking.

I have, since posting, received my hunchie; but am still waiting on the camo pattern. I think I got the cockpit items, but I didn't pay attention to how many I had before.

#43 D V Devnull

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 4,247 posts
  • LocationUnknown... Except for the stars, it's kind of dark here!

Posted 13 January 2022 - 06:50 AM

View PostErtur, on 13 January 2022 - 06:38 AM, said:

Thanks for the detailed response. I had, in fact, been using the website and not the in-game tracker. I had been away a while, and forgot that the sigma looking thing was for the event tracking.

I have, since posting, received my hunchie; but am still waiting on the camo pattern. I think I got the cockpit items, but I didn't pay attention to how many I had before.

You're welcome. I hope that you'll get the rest of what you earned. If it fails to deposit, then I suggest contacting MWO Support via the E-Mail Links @ https://mwomercs.com/support in order to resolve the situation, as I have heard good things from most people who have needed their help. ^_^

~D. V. "glad to be of help with the delivery issue, and pointing where help is next if things don't arrive" Devnull

#44 Sawk

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Star Captain
  • Star Captain
  • 402 posts

Posted 13 January 2022 - 04:40 PM

LOL ok i had BRAIN FART, make sure you turn on --- in your mechlab-- to see all mechs IS and Clans.

SAWK
PS---- i lost a IS hero mech once, but playing on different COMPUTERS, found it set to clan only, go figure : )

#45 Roodkapje

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 577 posts

Posted 14 January 2022 - 08:15 AM

View Postchaosshade2638, on 08 January 2022 - 07:04 AM, said:

current Heavy Laser build (all heavy lasers): 76 damage with optimal range at 270 and a "high damage" band out to 360
current Heavy Laser/ER Med build (two heavy large, six ER Meds): 75 damage with optimal range at 400 and a "high damage" band out to 600

imo, the Heavy/ER Med build is better because the heat is way more manageable for almost the same damage and nearly twice the range. You can also boost your range by adding a targetting computer.

Could you give us the exact build details of the ER MED loadout ? Posted Image

I am having a hard time achieving something that has Enough Armor + A fast XL Engine + More than 1.27 of Cooling Capacity at the moment... Posted Image
Somehow i got the idea I am missing something ?!

View PostVoice of Kerensky, on 09 January 2022 - 06:27 PM, said:

If you (as one of my comrades from the unit put it) decide to raise real heroes from the players and give the players the task of inflicting 8000 damage with each type of weapon, you should understand that people, completing the task of 8000 damage with missile weapons, will follow the path of least resistance, that is, they will massively use LRM. Moreover, often gathering in a group, which includes the NARC mech. Thus, worsening the game for all other players. This is Lurmfest.
May I make an improvement proposal?
If you give the task described above, you can give counter-task: destroy, for example, 4000 missiles with AMS.

Even better :

Don't add LRM/ATM stuff in Events and promote the use of SRM and MRM or even Streak Missiles Posted Image

View PostVoice of Kerensky, on 09 January 2022 - 07:15 PM, said:

Unfortunately, at the present time it is simply impossible to set up a matchmaker for at least more or less adequate work. Gathering balanced teams was not an easy task before, when MWO had a much richer player base. But the ingenious decision to combine group and solo queues in a quick play makes it simply impossible to select teams of even approximately equal strength. And, if we get into battles that end with a score of 9:12 - 11:12, this is just an accident and luck, and not the result of the work of a matchmaker.

100% AGREE!!! Posted Image

View PostAn6ryMan69, on 10 January 2022 - 08:11 AM, said:

I used a Stalker 3F with a pair of MRM 40's almost exclusively to get my 8000 missile damage, 80 damage per volley adds up quick, and its available as a trial mech available to anyone any time there is a missile based challenge around.

Even a little SRM based Clan Jenner can dish out around 500 damage per game in lots of players hands too, with some players doing much more of course.

Unfortunately the majority of the MWO players do not use any similar builds and go "Full LURM Mode" immediately when there is Missile Damage that needs to be done! Posted Image

If anything the game has gone away from LRMS as far as I can tell, most likely due to all the LRM-hate out there.

Ehm.... THIS :

View PostVoice of Kerensky, on 10 January 2022 - 05:32 PM, said:

Apparently, you and I are playing completely different games. In parallel universes.

Posted Image

View PostBig-G, on 11 January 2022 - 02:33 PM, said:

Don't worry... I find the lower tiers a little better to play in... tier 3 is a complete mess with a c-load of "headless chickens"...

When the PSR Reset happend I was like 25% in Tier 2 but after a while somehow things went really bad and now I am stuck in Tier 3 most of the time because of those "chickens" indeed! Posted Image

I think only about 15 matches of every 100 matches are actually really enjoyable or fun to play! Posted Image

A week ago or so I had a very unique match that VERY RARE and really cool to experience :
It was like we were an actual squad that was dropped on a planet that looks like the new map and we had to kill all enemy units on that planet!

100% Game worthy experience with excellent immersion! Posted Image

Wish there were more of those a lot more often! Posted Image

View Postiamredleader, on 12 January 2022 - 08:42 AM, said:

Might I recommend the BlackJack BJ-2(L) with quad SRM6-artemis, XL235 engine, 1 extra heat sink, three jump jets and 6 tons of ammo? Did close to 1.200 damage earlier today Posted Image

IS mech with XL Engine ?!

Thanks, but NO THNX!!! Posted Image

Edited by Roodkapje, 14 January 2022 - 08:17 AM.

#46 Big-G

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 338 posts
  • LocationFormerly New Capetown, now Kikuyu - Lyran Alliance

Posted 14 January 2022 - 06:35 PM

View PostRoodkapje, on 14 January 2022 - 08:15 AM, said:

When the PSR Reset happend I was like 25% in Tier 2 but after a while somehow things went really bad and now I am stuck in Tier 3 most of the time because of those "chickens" indeed! Posted Image

I think only about 15 matches of every 100 matches are actually really enjoyable or fun to play! Posted Image

A week ago or so I had a very unique match that VERY RARE and really cool to experience :
It was like we were an actual squad that was dropped on a planet that looks like the new map and we had to kill all enemy units on that planet!

100% Game worthy experience with excellent immersion! Posted Image

Wish there were more of those a lot more often! Posted Image

Oh I hear ya, and agreed... ;)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users