Bad Players

50 replies to this topic

#21 LordNothing

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 16,930 posts

Posted 10 January 2022 - 12:09 PM

its not even being slow really. i can still get my dires up to the front no problem. i dont really start having issues until im in a build that cant break 50. several 100 tonners do 48 stock and thats workable, barely. its when the front moves faster than you thats the problem. you can get left in the rear doing 60 in those cases.

though if the nascar is too aggressive one thing assaults can do is form their own firing line so they can receive the enemy's nascar and stall them long enough for your guys to sweep though their assaults. you will probibly die in the process but the match will be a win. if you are going to nascar its better to do it aggressively so rear guarding assaults stand a chance of surviving.

Edited by LordNothing, 10 January 2022 - 12:11 PM.

#22 DaZur

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 7,511 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 10 January 2022 - 12:34 PM

View PostLordNothing, on 10 January 2022 - 12:09 PM, said:

its not even being slow really. i can still get my dires up to the front no problem. i dont really start having issues until im in a build that cant break 50. several 100 tonners do 48 stock and thats workable, barely. its when the front moves faster than you thats the problem. you can get left in the rear doing 60 in those cases.

though if the nascar is too aggressive one thing assaults can do is form their own firing line so they can receive the enemy's nascar and stall them long enough for your guys to sweep though their assaults. you will probibly die in the process but the match will be a win. if you are going to nascar its better to do it aggressively so rear guarding assaults stand a chance of surviving.

Even in a semi-speedy mech and working angles... All it takes is stopping once or twice to scope a shot can sometimes leaving you all alone sucking dust.

#23 crazytimes

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,343 posts

Posted 10 January 2022 - 02:00 PM

Good players don't see below tier 3, so only see good or average players already.

If you're in tier 4 and people are getting salty, they're in your skill bracket so aren't any better than you, they just don't like how you play. That's a personal problem for them.

#24 OsmiumAxe

Rookie

• The Bludgeon
  • 2 posts

Posted 10 January 2022 - 02:53 PM

To clarify, I had some bad experiences with players during solo play that indeed got under my skin and struck a nerve about elitist ideology in general. I should have said higher tier players rather than tier 1 because, as many of you have pointed out, it is highly improbable that the players I had issue with were much higher tier than myself. I did not forsee this many responses but, I appreciate the feedback and advice.

I actually ran some matches with a full lance last night and it was a huge improvement for my morale. Thank you for the advice!

#25 Ihlrath

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Wild Dog
  • Wild Dog
  • 370 posts

Posted 10 January 2022 - 03:06 PM

View PostI LOVE ANNIHILATORS, on 09 January 2022 - 08:42 PM, said:

To be honest I do rage at teammates and call them dumb etc, but only when they NASCAR and leave me to die.

Actual footage of me racing away from Anni as I NASCAR like a dope.....

Posted Image

#26 Sjorpha

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 4,477 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 10 January 2022 - 04:04 PM

Everyone who plays contribute to the health of the game, regardless of skill level.

Also even if I wanted to "get rid of bad players" from my matches, removing bad players from the game would have the opposite effect. The more players there are playing the more will eventually get good, and the easier it will be for the matchmaker to separate the tiers. In other words no matter how elitist you are it's still better for you if more people play even if they are bad at the game.

Also like others have pointed out if you're tier 4 you're not really seeing any very good players, so the "elitism" you experienced is just scrubtalk.

Edited by Sjorpha, 10 January 2022 - 04:06 PM.

#27 LordNothing

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 16,930 posts

Posted 10 January 2022 - 11:43 PM

View PostDaZur, on 10 January 2022 - 12:34 PM, said:

Even in a semi-speedy mech and working angles... All it takes is stopping once or twice to scope a shot can sometimes leaving you all alone sucking dust.

if you shoot it pretty much has to be on the move. i dont even pull back on the throttle until im surrounded by friendlies in a useful firing line. i prefer to stay low and focus on position and efficient pathing early match while trying to predict where the team will go in the short term.

#28 MW Waldorf Statler

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,459 posts
  • LocationGermany/Berlin

Posted 11 January 2022 - 03:16 AM

thats a Factor in each Game:) Yesterday in modern Warfare im as im dead , while her stands behind the enemy of a Tent in 10m does nothing, like her use a Joystick with 5m Dead Zone Posted Image ...so im ignored this guy in the further Match and make my own Thing..after 12 minutes her canceled from the Server while inactive.
Its Give Players thats new and learnded fast and adapt Technics and Tactics ..and the others thats cry for mommy to help here little Snowflake in the Jungle of PvP ...what doing this little princess & Princes in Job and Love? what the next jungle is?????the World not rotate around little Snowflakes and her personal Problem with the Reality and unwilligness to learn

Edited by MW Waldorf Statler, 11 January 2022 - 05:51 AM.

#29 justcallme A S H

• CS 2020 Referee
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • 8,987 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, AU

Posted 11 January 2022 - 04:00 AM

View PostNomad Tech, on 11 January 2022 - 02:56 AM, said:

No because they enjoy Seal clubbing.. Its why they strive to be top tier. To crap on lower tiers in alts and groups.

And yet despite you claiming you see examples of this 'daily'

It's been over a week and you're yet to supply one screenshot.

Why is that?

#30 Captain Caveman DE

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Carnivore
  • The Carnivore
  • 519 posts

Posted 11 January 2022 - 04:15 AM

No because they enjoy Seal clubbing.. Its why they strive to be top tier. To crap on lower tiers in alts and groups.

well, for anybody who likes his seal-clubbing:

it'd be more advantageous to remain in T5/T4 and farm there, as it's full of seals, and no sharks in sight that'll endanger your farming..
in fact, some people might already be doing that right now.. just saying.

but pls continue with your .. stories. and stories is the kind and forum-conform expression we're using here.

Edited by Captain Caveman DE, 11 January 2022 - 04:18 AM.

#31 pbiggz

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 4,686 posts
  • LocationOutreach

Posted 11 January 2022 - 06:01 AM

You have a powerful inferiority complex if you think this is actually a thing that happens at all.

What is it that makes it so hard for you to admit you aren't the best player in the world? Owning mistakes doesn't make you look weak it makes you look wise. Pretending a cabal of "high tier players" are "seal clubbing" and that's why you're stuck in t4 is a lie.

Its exactly the kind of toxicity and lying that was being discussed in this thread.

#32 DaZur

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 7,511 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 11 January 2022 - 06:54 AM

View Postpbiggz, on 11 January 2022 - 06:01 AM, said:

You have a powerful inferiority complex if you think this is actually a thing that happens at all.

What is it that makes it so hard for you to admit you aren't the best player in the world? Owning mistakes doesn't make you look weak it makes you look wise. Pretending a cabal of "high tier players" are "seal clubbing" and that's why you're stuck in t4 is a lie.

Its exactly the kind of toxicity and lying that was being discussed in this thread.

There's a saying that infers that if you repeat a false statement enough it eventually is cited as truth...

That's kind'a what been going on on the forum as of late. Posted Image

#33 SharDar

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 148 posts

Posted 11 January 2022 - 09:23 AM

Oh, sorry. I thought someone was trying to recruit bad players, and I was going to sign up. Bummer!

#34 Bassault

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2023 Gold Champ
  • CS 2023 Gold Champ
  • 389 posts

Posted 11 January 2022 - 12:25 PM

View PostLordNothing, on 10 January 2022 - 12:09 PM, said:

I get nascar'd a lot and to be honest, this is true. Either hard R nascar or hold left with me (I'd much prefer the latter). If two people stick left with me, and we're in a good spot, we can hold them off for a very long time.

Edited by I LOVE ANNIHILATORS, 11 January 2022 - 12:26 PM.

#35 Michael Abt

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The People's Hero
  • The People
  • 470 posts
  • LocationEurope

Posted 11 January 2022 - 03:14 PM

View PostDaZur, on 11 January 2022 - 06:54 AM, said:

There's a saying that infers that if you repeat a false statement enough it eventually is cited as truth...

That's kind'a what been going on on the forum as of late. Posted Image

This one is close:

“The more often a stupidity is repeated, the more it gets the appearance of wisdom.” - Voltaire

#36 Weeny Machine

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 4,014 posts
  • LocationAiming for the flat top (B. Murray)

Posted 12 January 2022 - 12:23 PM

View Postpbiggz, on 11 January 2022 - 06:01 AM, said:

I am not saying I agree with him but when you say "at all" you are no better then him because this is outright naive. You can't imagine what people do to bolster their ego...

And just for the record: I am not saying it is widespread or anything but to think it doesn't happen at all...seriously. I am flabbergasted.

#37 Relishcakes

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Solitary
  • The Solitary
  • 337 posts

Posted 14 January 2022 - 05:02 PM

View PostOsmiumAxe, on 09 January 2022 - 05:20 PM, said:

I have played MWO for awhile and Im honestly horrible at the game. Tier 4 for life. My question is would better players be willing to pay a monthly fee to just get rid of any players below tier 1? Would it be worth $10 a month to just remove bad players from the game? Elitist comments during matches leads me to believe so. How long does the game survive if only good players play it? Is that financially feasible? Or maybe developers could create mechs that can only be purchased if you are tier 1 and those mechs can be matched with other mechs in that category. Thoughts?

I yoyo between high 4 and low 3...if they added a pay to play mechanic even optional, im out...the two thoughts were unrelated.

#38 Castigatus

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 170 posts

Posted 15 January 2022 - 04:34 AM

View PostWeeny Machine, on 12 January 2022 - 12:23 PM, said:

I am not saying I agree with him but when you say "at all" you are no better then him because this is outright naive. You can't imagine what people do to bolster their ego...

And just for the record: I am not saying it is widespread or anything but to think it doesn't happen at all...seriously. I am flabbergasted.

Fine how about this then if you're going to insist on being nitpicky about it.

"It happens so rarely as to be negligible in terms of its actual effects on the game experience of the player base as a whole"

That better?

Because people like [Samiel/Mechgnome/Nomadtech] and others have repeatedly made that seal clubbing claim, never produced a shred of proof to back it up, and yet expected us to take it as gospel. Then they whine and cry when people instead expected them to back up their claims with actual evidence rather than the contents of their fevered imaginations.

#39 w0qj

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 3,493 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationAt your 6 :)

Posted 15 January 2022 - 08:30 AM

View PostI LOVE ANNIHILATORS, on 11 January 2022 - 12:25 PM, said:

I get nascar'd a lot and to be honest, this is true. Either hard R nascar or hold left with me (I'd much prefer the latter). If two people stick left with me, and we're in a good spot, we can hold them off for a very long time.

Hilarious fight, exactly as you've just described Posted Image

Edited by w0qj, 15 January 2022 - 08:32 AM.

#40 MrMadguy

• 2,203 posts

Posted 15 January 2022 - 08:45 AM

View PostOsmiumAxe, on 09 January 2022 - 05:20 PM, said:

I have played MWO for awhile and Im honestly horrible at the game. Tier 4 for life. My question is would better players be willing to pay a monthly fee to just get rid of any players below tier 1? Would it be worth $10 a month to just remove bad players from the game? Elitist comments during matches leads me to believe so. How long does the game survive if only good players play it? Is that financially feasible? Or maybe developers could create mechs that can only be purchased if you are tier 1 and those mechs can be matched with other mechs in that category. Thoughts?

Players would pay to remove Tier 1 players from their matches. For sure.

View Postw0qj, on 15 January 2022 - 08:30 AM, said:

Ehh. That matches from old times, when it was popular for last man standing to just hide and waste other players' time on Skirmish. Haven't been seeing this for a long time already.

Edited by MrMadguy, 15 January 2022 - 08:59 AM.

7 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 7 guests, 0 anonymous users