• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2022 Gold Champ
  • CS 2022 Gold Champ
  • 4,932 posts
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted 09 February 2022 - 08:57 PM

View PostD A T A, on 09 February 2022 - 05:30 PM, said:

this

for me it's different: this isn't even mechwarrior anymore, for me it's just a twisted mech game where fast brawlers are OP as **** and i am just growing a YT channell out of this nonsense....because as for pure enjoyability, this game is horrendous, small mechs just backstab you out of nowhere and there is nothing you can do about that, you just die to a tier 5 noob because he had a light and you did not (and the Cauldron likes this **** apparently)

I've been running a 51 kph banshee in the past couple days and I've been have a blast. 800+ games one after another.... have lost count how many lights I've slapped because they thought they are invincible.

Edited by Navid A1, 10 February 2022 - 04:33 AM.

#82 w0qj

• The Territorial
  • The Territorial
  • 3,453 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationAt your 6 :)

Posted 09 February 2022 - 09:22 PM

Just curious, which Banshee and what is the build?
Just my guess: you've used a Banshee La Malinche hero mech?

View PostNavid A1, on 09 February 2022 - 08:57 PM, said:

I've been running a 51 kph banshee in the past couple days and I've been have a blast. 800+ games one after another.... have lost count how many lights I've slapped because they thought they are invincible...

#83 Navid A1

• CS 2022 Gold Champ
  • CS 2022 Gold Champ
  • 4,932 posts
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted 09 February 2022 - 09:36 PM

View Postw0qj, on 09 February 2022 - 09:22 PM, said:

Just curious, which Banshee and what is the build?
Just my guess: you've used a Banshee La Malinche hero mech?

The BNC-3E

3xAC5 + 3xLPPC
4xUAC2 + 3xLPPC
AC10 + AC5 + 3xPPC
2xUAC5 + 3xPPC

Edited by Navid A1, 09 February 2022 - 09:36 PM.

#84 Curccu

• Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 4,620 posts

Posted 09 February 2022 - 10:38 PM

this

for me it's different: this isn't even mechwarrior anymore, for me it's just a twisted mech game where fast brawlers are OP as **** and i am just growing a YT channell out of this nonsense....because as for pure enjoyability, this game is horrendous, small mechs just backstab you out of nowhere and there is nothing you can do about that, you just die to a tier 5 noob because he had a light and you did not (and the Cauldron likes this **** apparently)

I find it hard to believe that player with your skill gets killed by T5 noob in a light mech.

View PostNavid A1, on 09 February 2022 - 08:57 PM, said:

I've been running a 51 kph banshee in the past couple days and I've been have a blast. 800+ games one after another.... have lost count how many lights I've slapped because they thought they are invincible (you included Posted Image )

Haven't played quickplay much so far this month but last months STK-7D vomit experience... I didn't lose single duel against light mech if both mechs were about full health.

#85 caravann

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Moderate Giver
  • 383 posts

Posted 10 February 2022 - 01:47 AM

We must protect the 100 tons

It would hurt us knowing that it would come to any harm.
Its sensitive exoskeleton shell is compared to the king crab.

When a medium, heavy or light mech is destroyed it's not considered a loss.
It's our solemn oath that every light, medium or heavy mech to sacrifice themselves.

To protect the assault by running ahead in front of them and tank the opponents.

1 mech is 1 player. Remove the mech and you remove the player.

#86 caravann

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Moderate Giver
  • 383 posts

Posted 10 February 2022 - 02:24 AM

What year is it in MWO?

The invasion has already happened. The assault had their golden age, the inner sphere start with assault and as technology progressed the mechs became smaller. The previous assault were redesignated as Heavy and the superheavy became the new assault.

The Clan invasion introduced battle armor and ECM and stealth armor. It's not looking good for the assault because in the past the assault relied on support of tanks protecting it from infantry. Since it is in the Dark age with the intro of the piranha and Corsair and sunspider, assault has gone backwards. example the corsair is considered a heavy mech with the tonnage of an assault because it's a ******* mech built by scraps and each one is different from another as corsair is only the name of the group.

performance of weapons is what changed the most. You can not say that a medium mech has lower alpha than an assault. The medium mechs performance is equal of light mechs and heavy mechs. The assault has higher structure and players get away with overheating by relying on armor. They complain that the light mech shot them in the back , because in the tabletop you had 360 visual.

There are no rear camera on the mech who allow you to look in the back, there are no turrets who allow you to shoot backward, there are no players who want to guard an assault and let alone being killed by the light if their mech is not part of the short range meta, and the guard duty is 1 player out of the game protecting the assualt's back.

What battletech did right was to remove the restrains on jumpjets for inner sphere mechs. Because the only way them can get in your back is because them can jump behind or run behind. In frontal attack light mechs do not stand a chance. They're the rogues of this game. Do we remove the rogues because them gain crits on the backstabs ? Is Tanking a thing? Are weapons too powerful. Have we gone too far in the power-fantasy.

Should all weapons be nerfed by 1 damage? Er large laser 8 instead of 9 , PPC 9 instead of 10 and etc. Of course. will it happen. no/

#87 w0qj

• The Territorial
  • The Territorial
  • 3,453 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationAt your 6 :)

Posted 10 February 2022 - 07:13 AM

[Tangent_Warning]
So which mech has the better laser vomit?
a) STK-7D laser vomit, or
b ) MAD-IIC laser vomit?

I find that STK-7D laser vomit alpha slightly less powerful, but runs cooler + poinpoint damage (IS tech).
But I find that MAD-IIC laser vomit alpha is stupidly powerful, mech durable, etc.
Both STK-7D & MAD-IIC has similar maneuverability, which is amazing for STK-7D using IS tech.

(I find that the BAS-D with full laser vomit omnipods run hotter, and this mech is more fragile for brawling laser vomit, even after factoring in BAS-D with -5% Heat CT quirk, and BAS-D high above-shoulder LT/RT laser mounts).
[/Tangent_Warning]

View PostCurccu, on 09 February 2022 - 10:38 PM, said:

...last months STK-7D vomit experience... I didn't lose single duel against light mech if both mechs were about full health.

Edited by w0qj, 10 February 2022 - 07:13 AM.

#88 Weeny Machine

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 4,011 posts
  • LocationAiming for the flat top (B. Murray)

Posted 10 February 2022 - 08:17 AM

View PostStonefalcon, on 09 February 2022 - 03:03 PM, said:

In my experience stupid light pilots are the ones constantly complaining, they stand still and get one shot, have a whinge and disconnect. Whereas, skilled light pilots are bloody nightmares to deal with especially when piloting assaults. I am quite fed up with a 20t light being able to wheel chock a 100t assault mech to the point where I don't even enjoy the game anymore and play just to spend time with mates.

...and this is a hand-picked example of an idiot assault. Why didn't the assault stay with his fat buddies? Why is the assault to stupid to park his arse at a wall (or why can the light dance around him?)? Why didn't he use a UAV to show his lurmers that he has a fat pinata for them?
I could go on like that. Point is: if you put a skilled pilot against an obviously idiot, the idiot is in most cases in trouble.

Now, let me ask you, though, why do you construct such an obviously bad and lopsided example?

Edited by Weeny Machine, 10 February 2022 - 08:21 AM.

#89 ScrapIron Prime

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 4,848 posts
  • LocationSmack dab in the middle of Ohio

Posted 10 February 2022 - 08:18 AM

I’m in the Stalker 7D camp, mostly for the tight cluster of torso hard points.

#90 Weeny Machine

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 4,011 posts

Posted 10 February 2022 - 10:24 AM

this

I am sorry but I doubt you ever played the tabletop. If you were really unlucky, a mg shot or even falling in a water hex could kill you.

#91 Curccu

• Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 4,620 posts

Posted 10 February 2022 - 10:48 AM

View Postw0qj, on 10 February 2022 - 07:13 AM, said:

b ) MAD-IIC laser vomit?

I'd say stalker tanks better because hitbox is godly --> trades better, but as raw dps/alpha MADIIC is better, I use them both a lot in FP.
ATM I favor stalker as being better mech of those two.

#92 Nukesnipe

• Pip
  • Bad Company
  • 18 posts

Posted 10 February 2022 - 11:00 AM

View PostJudauAshta, on 08 February 2022 - 09:24 AM, said:

lights are annoying to fight in assaults, but they are not op lol

assault should absolutely be able to melt things.

Lights are the hard counter to assaults, that's one of their primary roles in the game. A single 20 ton Flea can absolutely annihilate my 100 ton King Crab and there's nothing I can do about it, because the flea moves faster than I can turn and my weapons aren't fast enough to hit it. That's literally part of the basic balance of the game.

And even then, I've won enough 1v1s against assaults in my medium mechs. If you're dying to assaults left and right, STOP TRYING TO FACETANK THEM.

#93 Weeny Machine

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 4,011 posts

Posted 10 February 2022 - 11:29 AM

View PostNukesnipe, on 10 February 2022 - 11:00 AM, said:

Lights are the hard counter to assaults, that's one of their primary roles in the game. A single 20 ton Flea can absolutely annihilate my 100 ton King Crab and there's nothing I can do about it, because the flea moves faster than I can turn and my weapons aren't fast enough to hit it. That's literally part of the basic balance of the game.

And even then, I've won enough 1v1s against assaults in my medium mechs. If you're dying to assaults left and right, STOP TRYING TO FACETANK THEM.

And again "lights"...now replace the Flea with a Wolfhound or Raven. If you lose against this (quote) "hardcounter to assaults", then I can assure you, the light mech class is not the problem...especially in a King Crab which has a wide firing arc.

And even against a Flea...park your assault against a rock.

Edited by Weeny Machine, 10 February 2022 - 11:32 AM.

#94 Curccu

• Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 4,620 posts

Posted 10 February 2022 - 02:38 PM

Lights are the hard counter to assaults, that's one of their primary roles in the game. A single 20 ton Flea can absolutely annihilate my 100 ton King Crab and there's nothing I can do about it, because the flea moves faster than I can turn and my weapons aren't fast enough to hit it.

More training dude, king crab is one of the best assaults in the game to totally devastate lights that get too close, its agile enough and those arm mounted big bad guns that can one to few shot any light mech...

only way flea should be able to take down KGC in close quarter fight is when KGC pilot is silly enough to be ALONE on open area where it cannot put it's bum against wall/rock/something. In this case KGC absolutely deserve to lose.

#95 pbiggz

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 4,685 posts
  • LocationOutreach

Posted 10 February 2022 - 03:13 PM

there's nothing I can do about it,

bro there are *lots* of things you can do about it.

#96 justcallme A S H

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • 8,987 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, AU

Posted 10 February 2022 - 03:23 PM

View Postw0qj, on 10 February 2022 - 07:13 AM, said:

[Tangent_Warning]
b ) MAD-IIC laser vomit?

Stalker
  • better hitboxes
  • higher mounts
  • less speed
  • less alpha
  • better for ridge peaking/trading
MAD IIC
  • Faster
  • Bigger Alpha
  • cDHS, better over longer engagements
  • Better range
  • Worse hitboxes/tankiness.
  • Lower Mounts
  • Better for horizontal trading

#97 ThreeStooges

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Howl
  • The Howl
  • 505 posts
  • Locationamc reruns and youtube

Posted 10 February 2022 - 04:43 PM

I don't remember killing data in my 2xmpl narc 4x rvn. He must have nightmares about what I do with skemet.

#98 LordNothing

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 16,842 posts

Posted 10 February 2022 - 10:54 PM

View PostNavid A1, on 09 February 2022 - 09:36 PM, said:

The BNC-3E

3xAC5 + 3xLPPC
4xUAC2 + 3xLPPC
AC10 + AC5 + 3xPPC
2xUAC5 + 3xPPC

i almost got ace in one of those. 7 kills, only missed #8 because time ran out (the incredible hiding rodent). was a solid mech reguardless. im not sure how she fares now or if she got any love from the cauldron. should at least check the quirks for anything fun.

Edited by LordNothing, 10 February 2022 - 10:54 PM.

#99 YueFei

• 2,184 posts

Posted 10 February 2022 - 11:15 PM

View Postpbiggz, on 10 February 2022 - 03:13 PM, said:

bro there are *lots* of things you can do about it.

I would be so bold as to assert that 1v1s don't even matter for this game's balance.

That is to say, in a 1v1, even if a perfectly-piloted Light always beats a perfectly-piloted Assault, that's not an indication that Lights are overpowered.

MWO is 12v12 (or 8v8), so balance must be done in that team context. This is a known factor and we already have prior examples from other games where even if a 1v1 match-up might heavily favor a particular class, in XvX it evens out or tilts in favor of the other class.

Case in point: Vanilla World of Warcraft, Rogues vs Warriors. A perfectly-played Rogue will almost always beat a Warrior 1v1. I remember players who were Warrior mains complaining that this felt unbalanced, that a leather-wearing melee damage dealer should so heavily dominate a plate-wearing melee damage dealer. But it was fine, actually. Rogues are assassins, and there was nothing wrong with them being very strong 1v1. But change that to XvX, and everything changes, because none of a Rogue's 1v1 tricks are viable anymore, can't deadzone kite every Warrior, as the Warriors can Intercept for each other, Rogues are going to get peeled off and cleaved by AoE. In large mass PvP situations, Rogues are a lot less dominant.

#100 pbiggz

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 4,685 posts
  • LocationOutreach

Posted 11 February 2022 - 05:41 AM

View PostYueFei, on 10 February 2022 - 11:15 PM, said:

I would be so bold as to assert that 1v1s don't even matter for this game's balance.

That is to say, in a 1v1, even if a perfectly-piloted Light always beats a perfectly-piloted Assault, that's not an indication that Lights are overpowered.

MWO is 12v12 (or 8v8), so balance must be done in that team context. This is a known factor and we already have prior examples from other games where even if a 1v1 match-up might heavily favor a particular class, in XvX it evens out or tilts in favor of the other class.

Case in point: Vanilla World of Warcraft, Rogues vs Warriors. A perfectly-played Rogue will almost always beat a Warrior 1v1. I remember players who were Warrior mains complaining that this felt unbalanced, that a leather-wearing melee damage dealer should so heavily dominate a plate-wearing melee damage dealer. But it was fine, actually. Rogues are assassins, and there was nothing wrong with them being very strong 1v1. But change that to XvX, and everything changes, because none of a Rogue's 1v1 tricks are viable anymore, can't deadzone kite every Warrior, as the Warriors can Intercept for each other, Rogues are going to get peeled off and cleaved by AoE. In large mass PvP situations, Rogues are a lot less dominant.

Once I had 6/8 dreadnaught, 2/5 conquerors, thunderfury, and a hatchet of sundered bone, the rogues didn't give me much trouble anymore.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users