Poor show. This makes me sad.

#22 Gas Guzzler

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 14,244 posts
  • LocationCalifornia Central Coast

Posted 25 February 2022 - 07:09 PM

Preview image on road map post is going to make some people happy at least....

I hope for better next time though.

#23 BinaryFyre

• Pip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 11 posts

Posted 25 February 2022 - 07:10 PM

I guess I am a little confused, there isn't anything on the road map really. Just a lot of empty black boxes. 3 "New" maps, except they aren't really new they are FP maps repurposed as QP maps so nothing really innovative or actual new content just pre-existing content from a different game mode.

and other than that, the same events that have been in existance for the last 5 years.

So where and what exactly is new content? A roadmap by definition expresses the businesses goals and milestones to achive them, I see no goals really other than doing the same ol thing.

I have purchased two packs this year so far having faith that a roadmap would reveal solid goals that are actionable and impactful. If the roadmap here is what the CORE team is working on then it is clear from a business planning perspective that PGI is not investing into MWO and the money I've spent must be going towards other (NON-MWO) projects where PGI could be attempting to create something different to create new revenue stream outside of MWO. This roadmap shows that PGI is not serious about maintaining this player base.

I've played this game since it released, but like everything I think it is time to let this sinking ship go. Thank you for the good times so far but I'll be uninstalling after this post.

Edited by BinaryFyre, 25 February 2022 - 07:13 PM.

#24 Heavy Money

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Marauder
  • 1,274 posts

Posted 25 February 2022 - 07:13 PM

Before everyone loses hope, make sure you check out the image under the Roadmap link in the announcement post Posted Image

#25 Will9761

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 4,550 posts

Posted 25 February 2022 - 07:20 PM

View PostHeavy Money, on 25 February 2022 - 07:13 PM, said:

Before everyone loses hope, make sure you check out the image under the Roadmap link in the announcement post Posted Image

Way ahead of you. Crusader confirmed:
Posted Image

#26 Khalcruth

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Hero of Steiner
  • Hero of Steiner
  • 808 posts
  • LocationYou gotta lose your mind in Detroit! Rock City!

Posted 25 February 2022 - 07:25 PM

View PostHeavy Money, on 25 February 2022 - 07:13 PM, said:

It's just a completely black box for me.

#27 Heavy Money

• The Marauder
  • 1,274 posts

Posted 25 February 2022 - 07:32 PM

View PostKhalcruth, on 25 February 2022 - 07:25 PM, said:

It's just a completely black box for me.

Open it in its own tab and you should be able to make it out.

Seeing speculation that its either a Crusader or Phoenix Hawk IIC. Hard to tell. Either will be cool.

#28 Rosarius

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 186 posts
  • LocationHervey Bay, Australia

Posted 25 February 2022 - 07:35 PM

Posted Image

#29 Phar Ming Yu

• Pip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 18 posts

Posted 25 February 2022 - 07:45 PM

Let's cut right to the heart of the matter.
I see nothing on this roadmap that will encourage me to give you my money to make it happen.
If you're giving up, just say so.

#30 ScrapIron Prime

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 4,743 posts
  • LocationSmack dab in the middle of Ohio

Posted 25 February 2022 - 08:49 PM

View PostWill9761, on 25 February 2022 - 07:20 PM, said:

Way ahead of you. Crusader confirmed:
Posted Image

Sneaky, sis, reaaaal sneaky.

as my sig suggests, I've been dying for this mech for years. The rest of the roadmap is disappointing, but if your flex team delivers on the Crusader, I'll be here to play it. With whoever is still here.

#31 w0qj

• The Territorial
  • The Territorial
  • 3,369 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationAt your 6 :)

Posted 25 February 2022 - 08:54 PM

Is that what your signature says?
Always wondered what mech was in your signature ;)

View PostScrapIron Prime, on 25 February 2022 - 08:49 PM, said:

...as my sig suggests, I've been dying for this mech for years. The rest of the roadmap is disappointing, but if your flex team delivers on the Crusader, I'll be here to play it. ...

#32 Kano111

• PipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 91 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 25 February 2022 - 09:17 PM

Finances: It's fair to say there is a bottom line of cashflow required via sales and low cost additions like the Platinum Collection on top of mech collection rolling sales etc etc.. This is understandable and part of any FTP game.

Development Team: Also it is understandable that the core devs have very limited resources and do not want to promise anything (eg: completely new content) that cannot be achieved, since this will create even more issues with the playerbase. I think this "flex" team is a nice way of saying 'there are creators on the team who can be redeployed from major projects to MWO inbetween major projects, but their major role is NOT MWO'. Hence the non-commital roadmap. This is a safe and conservative map, that sadly, does not meet up to the enthusiasm portrayed in the beginning of 2021.

Player Base: I began playing in 2020 when the Quarantine Wolverine was the free mech, and the last free mech for that year. I enjoyed every minute of playing this game in 2020.. Then the roadmap was introduced and I couldn't believe how much was happening! Since I had already played almost a full year with basically no updates and hardly any events, it seemed like a whole bunch of awesomeness. It didn't take me long to realise the roadmap was not going to fulfill all the wishes, but I have to say, I still enjoy the game...... and will until I don't. I will buy whatever packs I think will give me value, and don't mind dropping 20 bucks sometimes. The dollar per hour entertainment rate of this game would be in the .01 cents!

Final thoughts: Let the market decide on whether or not MWO is still fun and worth spending $ on.

Just my thoughts from a middle of the road player ;P

#33 MPhoenix

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 119 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 25 February 2022 - 09:18 PM

View PostGlockObi, on 25 February 2022 - 06:37 PM, said:

Soooo....
If I read this correctly, no new mech packs or cauldron quirks are planned for the rest of the year, and FEB patch notes are the last ones ever.
:golf clap:

As I'm reading it the patch notes fields are links to already existing patch notes. Since the future patch notes do not exist there's nothing to link to yet.

That said unless they really are planning no more patches for the year the better way to do it would have been to populate those fields with 'PATCH NOTES: TBD' to show that while there is nothing to link to now there will be in the future.

#34 Lanzman

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 292 posts
  • LocationVirginia, USA

Posted 25 February 2022 - 09:21 PM

This isn’t a road map. It’s an off ramp. I’ll keep playing but I sure as Blake won’t be spending any money on this game.

#35 uwuziel

• Pip
  • The Predator
  • The Predator
  • 17 posts

Posted 25 February 2022 - 09:27 PM

This is...
Not what I had hoped for.
Sure everything isnt on there, and I'm sure you dont want to put TOO much on there to avoid dissapointment if you cant deliver. It's better to not announce something, than to tease it and then cancel or delay. But in a weird way, that kind of what this whole roadmap idea WAS in the first place. Hearing news of a roadmap hyped us all up. Roadmaps are BIG! They lead to theories about whats next for the game and community, and the idea of a roadmap lends itself to big reveals or big plans. I was hoping to see some hint at new weapons, chassis, or the motherload of MWO updates, Re-Scale.
So when we look at it and its just...whats been happening for the past few months. Almost nothing new. With the audacity to list an event ending with a question mark?..

We appreciate that you are dedicating yourselves to maintaining this game and supplying what you can, we get a small team can only do so much, and we know WHY it's empty.
We're not mad. Not even dissapointed...ok maybe a little dissapointed.
All I can say is that I will be sitting in my room checking the website daily for news as I usually do, and look forward to seeing all those little empty boxes fill up over time.

Edit:
WAIT WHATS THIS ABOUT CRUSADER?!11/

Edited by uwuziel, 25 February 2022 - 09:29 PM.

#36 ScrapIron Prime

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 4,743 posts
  • LocationSmack dab in the middle of Ohio

Posted 25 February 2022 - 09:35 PM

View Postuwuziel, on 25 February 2022 - 09:27 PM, said:

WAIT WHATS THIS ABOUT CRUSADER?!11/

An easter egg that's darned hard to see, is what it is. I assume since its not on the roadmap in print, this new chassis and model would be a Flex team project. But that means they still have the CAPABILITY to add new mechs... they just aren't.

Come on, Daddy needs a new Star League Royal!

#37 HGAK47

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 971 posts

Posted 25 February 2022 - 09:38 PM

Ok so first things first, new maps = Great. Love new maps, derived from FP or not. To a lot of us that is still new content that most have not seen.
Potentially a new mech? Very interesting with the cryptic image.

I was coming into this with realistic expectations but I was still hoping for a little bit more. Even low hanging fruit like some interesting new events throuout the year, interesting balance and quirk passes. I was really hoping to hear a little more about the event queue stuff that has been mentioned before. Even a bit more of an idea about the new maps.

A bit disappointing if im honest and I came into this with pretty realistic expectations.

#38 zudukai

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,707 posts

Posted 25 February 2022 - 09:42 PM

overwhelmingly disappointing. why would PGI even renew the licence if they're just going to piss away the franchise.

terrible.

#39 Gas Guzzler

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 14,244 posts
  • LocationCalifornia Central Coast

Posted 25 February 2022 - 09:47 PM

I may have not been fair to the old Crusader. There is after all one variant, the 6T I believe that should be very interesting. I’m looking forward to it assuming we get that one.

#40 MPhoenix

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 119 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 25 February 2022 - 09:53 PM

View PostScrapIron Prime, on 25 February 2022 - 09:35 PM, said:

An easter egg that's darned hard to see, is what it is.

Where?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users