225 replies to this topic

#41 Ravni

• PipPip
  • Cadet
  • Cadet
  • 39 posts

Posted 25 February 2022 - 10:09 PM

Well at least this one is honest.

For the sake of the future of the game, I'd advise you to attempt to convince your Swedish overlords at EG7 to allocate some engineering resources to improve the quickplay matchmaker.

#42 ScrapIron Prime

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 4,747 posts
  • LocationSmack dab in the middle of Ohio

Posted 25 February 2022 - 10:10 PM

View PostGas Guzzler, on 25 February 2022 - 09:47 PM, said:

I may have not been fair to the old Crusader. There is after all one variant, the 6T I believe that should be very interesting. I’m looking forward to it assuming we get that one.

Yeah, 12 medium lasers would make it a direct competitor to the Nova. The 8S would be good too, coming stock with a heavy gauss rifle in a high torso mount.

#43 ScrapIron Prime

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 4,747 posts
  • LocationSmack dab in the middle of Ohio

Posted 25 February 2022 - 10:14 PM

MPhoenix said:

1645854814[/url]' post='6446675']
Where?

Right here.
https://mwomercs.com...wo-2022-roadmap

there’s a picture below the link on that page. It’s been made black on black so it’s really f-ing hard to see. Not a great decision, IMO, but it’s there.

Edited by ScrapIron Prime, 25 February 2022 - 10:15 PM.

#44 JudauAshta

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 264 posts

Posted 25 February 2022 - 10:59 PM

beach event??

does this mean we see mechs in swimsuits or even better maybe 7ft tall clanner babes in beachwear?? Posted Image

#45 Matt Newman

Live Ops Manager

• Developer
  • Developer
  • 1,023 posts

Posted 25 February 2022 - 11:34 PM

Just a few notes,

Mechs - We will be delivering more mechs/variants than are on the road map. However, I don't have exact delivery dates as of now. so they are not on the road map. The road map will be updated when I have delivery dates. Mark N and others are very busy and we want to continue to deliver mechs that you guys enjoy! (We also want to make sure the Annual Rewards Program returns to its former glory)

Maps - We are committing to delivering 4 "New" QP maps this year. the first one coming next month. We will be talking with Francois about which map will be next in our next Dev log. We will also be addressing issues with other maps in between the new maps. It's worth saying Mark N also help Francois with Maps!

Gameplay - We are continuing to work with the Cauldron on quirks and weapon tuning and more! Indy has been doing a great job getting those changes in! Please forgive the lack of Cauldron updates mentioned on the Road Map. We have no intention of stopping that I just don't have details on what is next.

Game Features - This is where the Flex team comes in. We have a few designs that we have been working on with the cauldron while going back and forth with engineers at Piranha Games. I haven't put any of that work on the road map as of yet and I won't until I can confirm I have the right design, with the right resources, for the right amount of time to get the job done. Most work requires multiple engineers of different specialties, UI, Back end, Gameplay, Networking ETC. Once I have the pieces in place we will let you know what it is we are working on.

Events and Sales - As you know I have been doing events and sales for a while now. This year won't be any different!
I only listed the "traditional" stuff here but there will be more events more free mechs!

For those of you who were upset, we posted the frenzy Sale before the roadmap the reason is we had the sale ready and waiting and we had been waiting for the road map to go up before the sale. however, since the sale had already started in a few areas we chose to post it first.

Anyways I want to say understand if you are not thrilled with the road map as it currently looks. Last year's roadmap certainly looked better to start. This year we are trying to MAKE SURE we can deliver what we commit to. Last year we over-committed and underdelivered, This year I would rather under-commit and over-deliver.

Maybe that is an overcorrection but I can tell you this if it shows up on the road map it's going in the flipping game.

#46 Heavy Money

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Marauder
  • 1,275 posts

Posted 25 February 2022 - 11:41 PM

View PostMatt Newman, on 25 February 2022 - 11:34 PM, said:

Just a few notes,

Mechs - We will be delivering more mechs/variants than are on the road map. However, I don't have exact delivery dates as of now. so they are not on the road map. The road map will be updated when I have delivery dates. Mark N and others are very busy and we want to continue to deliver mechs that you guys enjoy! (We also want to make sure the Annual Rewards Program returns to its former glory)

Maps - We are committing to delivering 4 "New" QP maps this year. the first one coming next month. We will be talking with Francois about which map will be next in our next Dev log. We will also be addressing issues with other maps in between the new maps. It's worth saying Mark N also help Francois with Maps!

Gameplay - We are continuing to work with the Cauldron on quirks and weapon tuning and more! Indy has been doing a great job getting those changes in! Please forgive the lack of Cauldron updates mentioned on the Road Map. We have no intention of stopping that I just don't have details on what is next.

Game Features - This is where the Flex team comes in. We have a few designs that we have been working on with the cauldron while going back and forth with engineers at Piranha Games. I haven't put any of that work on the road map as of yet and I won't until I can confirm I have the right design, with the right resources, for the right amount of time to get the job done. Most work requires multiple engineers of different specialties, UI, Back end, Gameplay, Networking ETC. Once I have the pieces in place we will let you know what it is we are working on.

Events and Sales - As you know I have been doing events and sales for a while now. This year won't be any different!
I only listed the "traditional" stuff here but there will be more events more free mechs!

For those of you who were upset, we posted the frenzy Sale before the roadmap the reason is we had the sale ready and waiting and we had been waiting for the road map to go up before the sale. however, since the sale had already started in a few areas we chose to post it first.

Anyways I want to say understand if you are not thrilled with the road map as it currently looks. Last year's roadmap certainly looked better to start. This year we are trying to MAKE SURE we can deliver what we commit to. Last year we over-committed and underdelivered, This year I would rather under-commit and over-deliver.

Maybe that is an overcorrection but I can tell you this if it shows up on the road map it's going in the flipping game.

Thanks for giving us more info Matt. Please put this info in the original post and announcement and all. I think people aren't going to fully understand that the lack of information doesn't mean things aren't being done. And I think we all understand you are trying not to over promise, but I think people would still like some idea of what's being looked at :)

#47 AnAnachronismAlive

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 417 posts

Posted 25 February 2022 - 11:59 PM

Ladies and gentlemen, do not expect the Crusader to hit the ground (simply check the head-section of the teaser-image and compare with Sarna). PGI mentioned they been working on the Pixi-IIC after the Dervish-release and before they stopped doing new mechs. They will finish the work done already and that's about it.

And yeah, this year we would rather like to see some kind of over-delivering from PGI's side ... starting with a lower than bottom-line reference-point (while the 2021 roadmap and it's still undelivered majority of "low hanging fruit" content is blatantly ignored) is a thin line to walk on though.

No bad blood intended: We know, that ye folks gotta play em cards handed to you and still make a nice face about it => sadly **** is always falling downwards.

Edited by AnAnachronismAlive, 26 February 2022 - 03:09 AM.

#48 w0qj

• The Territorial
  • The Territorial
  • 3,369 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationAt your 6 :)

Posted 26 February 2022 - 12:07 AM

Matt, many thanks for taking the time to respond!
We understand your (and MWO's) viewpoint.

But if this MWO 2022 Roadmap was supposed to inspire confidence in MWO,
then the publishing this actual Roadmap (or the lack thereof) today may have achieved just the opposite.
At best, it raises many more questions than this Roadmap tries to answer.

In fact, if I were MWO management, I would have delayed publishing this MWO 2022 Roadmap (or the lack thereof), citing the very recent sudden European tension, and "will give an appropriate update MWO 2022 Roadmap in due time".
If you have nothing good to say, better to say nothing. (as the saying goes).

And then release update MWO 2022 Roadmap after appropriate MWO manpower/resources have been committed with a reasonable date of completion factored in.

Even if things are in a flux, perhaps MWO could have had a discussion on:

a) 1x new mech chassis deliverable by end-2022: does MWO lack even this confidence?

b ) Skill Tree revamp: you folks are trying to reinvent the wheel here.
Other games like Star Trek Online had their Skill Tree revamped multiple times.
ST:O has simplified Skill Tree like ones being proposed for MWO.
ST:O actually has a career overlay on top of Skill Tree, for more endgame skill specialty.
Admittedly these changes might make MWO more of a Battletech themed game, subject to gaming community's acceptance of this.
(ST:O has lots of its own problems, but Skill Tree is not one of them).

c) Map Re-scaling, and not Mech Re-scaling.
One forum poster (not me) proposed a brilliant idea of enlarging maps 1.5x to 2x of current size, so that even Assaults can hide behind rocks. Individual mech hitboxes will still be bad (I'm looking at you, Mauler, Awesome, etc.)
But at least MWO does not have to rework/rescale each and every mech chassis and all its variants.
And at least MWO does not have to rework the Bolt-On, with this Map Re-scaling.

d) Discussions can still be had on this forum, similar to Sept/Oct 2020 when Daeron Katz was assigned Community Manager + marketing for MWO/MW5.
But Daeron Katz nowadays logs into MWO Forums just days before MWO Patch, and then stay offline for weeks at a time.
Perhaps Daeron and MWO is supposedly relying on Cauldron volunteer members to read the MWO forum to consolidate/filter feedback back to them.
Perhaps Daeron does read MWO forum without logging in.

e) But if this MWO 2022 Roadmap was supposed to inspire confidence in MWO,
then the publishing this actual Roadmap (or the lack thereof) today may have achieved just the opposite.
At best, it raises many more questions than this Roadmap tries to answer.

...Anyways I want to say understand if you are not thrilled with the road map as it currently looks. Last year's roadmap certainly looked better to start. This year we are trying to MAKE SURE we can deliver what we commit to. Last year we over-committed and underdelivered, This year I would rather under-commit and over-deliver.

Edited by w0qj, 26 February 2022 - 07:17 AM.

#49 Mighty Spike

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 5,589 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationHoly Beer City of Munich

Posted 26 February 2022 - 12:21 AM

View PostTherax, on 25 February 2022 - 06:22 PM, said:

So 4 maps and 1 map rework set for the entire year.

Better than nothing I guess.

Only question I have is why it took two whole months to come up with this no-content document?

yep,, exactly but if it´s really the Crusader, i will get more then enogh. I just wanted to see if the Lights stay on, ,now iám spending 20 more bucks in the game after they posted the Roadmap.

BTW : Matt,can i have the Marauder&Whammi in Platinum pleaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaase? pretty pleaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaase?

Edit:
How the Hell you Guys saw that image??? just looked now under the Roadmap link and see nothin, null nada zero..Posted Image you Guys are amazing +1

Edited by Mighty Spike, 26 February 2022 - 12:29 AM.

#50 John Bronco

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Fighter
  • The Fighter
  • 966 posts

Posted 26 February 2022 - 12:26 AM

How about some quality of life stuff, like getting rid of map voting to get into games quicker, or adding a global chat to aid unit recruitment, or making it so you could mechlab while searching?

Any of that to make this game seem slightly less like a 10 year old hunk of junk would be great, because the combat is still quite good.

#51 Curccu

• Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 4,610 posts

Posted 26 February 2022 - 12:28 AM

View PostTherax, on 25 February 2022 - 06:22 PM, said:

Only question I have is why it took two whole months to come up with this no-content document?

That software only accepts one push of a keyboard each day.

#52 Weeny Machine

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,982 posts
  • LocationAiming for the flat top (B. Murray)

Posted 26 February 2022 - 12:41 AM

Something tells me we are locked in the dominating monotone l4z0r vomit and snipe meta for a long time. ZzZZZzzzzz

#53 The Chancelor

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 160 posts

Posted 26 February 2022 - 12:53 AM

Hey PGIa I do apreciate your work. But do you realy want to expand to russia???

#54 Kageru Ikazuchi

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Determined
  • The Determined
  • 1,190 posts

Posted 26 February 2022 - 12:59 AM

The roadmap, as it currently stands, is disappointing.

I'll still buy things that I think I will have fun playing in the game, but it's hard to look at this and believe that y'all want to succeed.

#55 Horseman

• The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 4,694 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 26 February 2022 - 01:07 AM

View PostWill9761, on 25 February 2022 - 07:20 PM, said:

Way ahead of you. Crusader confirmed:
Posted Image

This is what I got:
Posted Image

#56 Voice of Kerensky

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 473 posts

Posted 26 February 2022 - 01:28 AM

I would probably be embarrassed to post this.
Sincere condolences to you, InnerSphereNews.

#57 Curccu

• Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 4,610 posts

Posted 26 February 2022 - 01:43 AM

Just a few notes,
Spoiler

I think some of this text should be on roadmap opening post, to explain there already why does it look so... empty?

#58 RJF Daniel

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 220 posts

Posted 26 February 2022 - 01:46 AM

Can Francois fix at least his own maps first and then break the rest? Thank you.

p.s. still waiting for the roadmap.
p.s.s. Matt, this is how your messages are seen.

Edited by RJF Daniel, 26 February 2022 - 01:51 AM.

#59 FLG 01

• Leutnant
  • Leutnant
  • 2,646 posts

Posted 26 February 2022 - 02:40 AM

View PostAnAnachronismAlive, on 25 February 2022 - 11:59 PM, said:

Ladies and gentlemen, do not expect the Crusader to hit the ground. PGI mentioned they been working on the Pixi-IIC after the Dervish-release and before they stopped doing new mechs. They will finish the work done already and that's about it.

And the preview image indeed looks a lot like the PXH IIC. Unfortunately so, since I have zero intrest in it.
https://www.sarna.ne...hoenix_Hawk_IIC

#60 Sjorpha

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 4,472 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 26 February 2022 - 02:51 AM

Let's go Daeron.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users