#61 GlockObi

• Pip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 15 posts
  • LocationCentral Illinois

Posted 26 February 2022 - 02:58 AM

View PostMPhoenix, on 25 February 2022 - 09:18 PM, said:

As I'm reading it the patch notes fields are links to already existing patch notes. Since the future patch notes do not exist there's nothing to link to yet.

That said unless they really are planning no more patches for the year the better way to do it would have been to populate those fields with 'PATCH NOTES: TBD' to show that while there is nothing to link to now there will be in the future.

LOL, I'm just pointing out the absurdity of the document. There is essentially nothing of interest, why did I have to read a spreadsheet to find out there is nothing of note to tell us. Why the hell didn't they even finish their own spreadsheet, and why the hell is "patch notes" even worth putting on a road map in the first place, especially since it doesn't even contain data?

#62 Weeny Machine

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 4,010 posts
  • LocationAiming for the flat top (B. Murray)

Posted 26 February 2022 - 02:58 AM

View PostGlockObi, on 26 February 2022 - 02:58 AM, said:

LOL, I'm just pointing out the absurdity of the document. There is essentially nothing of interest, why did I have to read a spreadsheet to find out there is nothing of note to tell us. Why the hell didn't they even finish their own spreadsheet, and why the hell is "patch notes" even worth putting on a road map in the first place, especially since it doesn't even contain data?

Well, now we cannot complain we didn't get a roadmap Posted Image haha

View PostVoice of Kerensky, on 26 February 2022 - 02:09 AM, said:

[redacted]

Disregarding politics he is right from a cold calculating financial point of view. Once the sanctions will show effect Russians either won't be able to afford purchases or, if SWIFT should be withheld from Russians, they wouldn't be able to purchase anything at all.

Edited by Ekson Valdez, 28 February 2022 - 10:48 PM.
quote clean-up

#63 FionaDeer

Rookie

• The Pest
  • The Pest
  • 7 posts

Posted 26 February 2022 - 03:06 AM

Incredibly disappointing. I feel as if MWO was making a comeback only to be left again to languish without even something to look forward too. Im at this point just hoping MS or someone buys up the IP so we can maybe get something,

How am I to be expected to buy mech packs or MC on a game thats got a blank roadmap for the year to come? How am I supposed to view this as anything but the winddown year?

I dont blame what few devs are left working on this, but I just dont feel PGI is capable at this point of supporting the IP the way the fans need it to.

Shame.

#64 Voice of Kerensky

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 483 posts

Posted 26 February 2022 - 03:06 AM

View PostThe Chancelor, on 26 February 2022 - 02:48 AM, said:

[redacted]

Me too, much to my regret. However, I'm not sure if it's worth dragging into this game (and its forum) the substance you mentioned. Not why is it here.

Edited by Ekson Valdez, 28 February 2022 - 10:49 PM.
quote clean-up

#65 The Chancelor

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 169 posts

Posted 26 February 2022 - 03:13 AM

View PostVoice of Kerensky, on 26 February 2022 - 03:06 AM, said:

Me too, much to my regret. However, I'm not sure if it's worth dragging into this game (and its forum) the substance you mentioned. Not why is it here.

well, expanding into Russia is part of the roadmap. Even if in-depth political discussions don't belong here, I'm allowed to point them out, right?

#66 Miss Hannigan

• Pip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 15 posts

Posted 26 February 2022 - 03:45 AM

View PostSjorpha, on 26 February 2022 - 02:51 AM, said:

Let's go Daeron.

Whatever happened to him? The fact that I haven't seen him post Jack in months is all the "road map" we need.

#67 Voice of Kerensky

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 483 posts

Posted 26 February 2022 - 04:24 AM

View PostThe Chancelor, on 26 February 2022 - 03:13 AM, said:

well, expanding into Russia is part of the roadmap. Even if in-depth political discussions don't belong here, I'm allowed to point them out, right?

I repeat once again, it seems to me that this game and its forums are not the place for the substance you mentioned (and I also include politics in this substance). Although, in my opinion, politics is the most concentrated manifestation of the substance you mentioned.
And I would like to note a few more points.
1) You are now suggesting that the PGI run ahead of the locomotive: the Western countries have not yet decided what kind of sanctions to impose against Russia, and you are already raising the question before the PGI about whether they want to expand into Russia.
2) I want to remind you that the so-called "Russian server" can only be called conditionally "Russian". I assure you, this server will be in demand not only in Russia, but also in many other countries
3) I would also like to say that, to put it mildly, not everyone who benefits in Russia will refuse this benefit, they will continue to receive their benefits from working with (in) Russia (it is such a policy). And to what extent would it be fair for PGI to lose possible earnings?
I'm sorry. I don't want to develop this topic further. I hope reasonable people here on the forum understand what I'm talking about.

#68 PocketYoda

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 4,136 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 26 February 2022 - 05:30 AM

That is really... Sparse.. PGI realize the less they add the less we can spend right?

And zero rescale..

And this is obviously what i see in that black picture
Posted Image

Edited by Nomad Tech, 26 February 2022 - 05:38 AM.

#69 Daemon04

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 199 posts
  • LocationYou can google Mozartkugel or you can scan an Austrian.

Posted 26 February 2022 - 05:44 AM

Posted Image

#70 The Chancelor

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 169 posts

Posted 26 February 2022 - 05:44 AM

View PostVoice of Kerensky, on 26 February 2022 - 04:24 AM, said:

I repeat once again, it seems to me that this game and its forums are not the place for the substance you mentioned (and I also include politics in this substance). Although, in my opinion, politics is the most concentrated manifestation of the substance you mentioned.
And I would like to note a few more points.
1) You are now suggesting that the PGI run ahead of the locomotive: the Western countries have not yet decided what kind of sanctions to impose against Russia, and you are already raising the question before the PGI about whether they want to expand into Russia.
2) I want to remind you that the so-called "Russian server" can only be called conditionally "Russian". I assure you, this server will be in demand not only in Russia, but also in many other countries
3) I would also like to say that, to put it mildly, not everyone who benefits in Russia will refuse this benefit, they will continue to receive their benefits from working with (in) Russia (it is such a policy). And to what extent would it be fair for PGI to lose possible earnings?
I'm sorry. I don't want to develop this topic further. I hope reasonable people here on the forum understand what I'm talking about.

okay, then it stays with pure MWO topics and trans rights.

#71 Lepestok

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,027 posts
  • LocationNizhniy Tagil

Posted 26 February 2022 - 05:48 AM

Schrödinger road map)

#72 Draxxon Magnus

Rookie

• Shredder
  • 7 posts

Posted 26 February 2022 - 06:09 AM

It's like the March 2021 patch notes day all over again. Almost nothing but disappointment. I had half a mind to pick up the Bloodname Pack and come back to the game, but if you're gonna let the game die this way I won't. I'd say more but if I feel like if you were going to listen to the community instead of over-balancing the game based on spreadsheet data, you would have done more by now.

#73 Nesutizale

• The Privateer
  • The Privateer
  • 3,240 posts

Posted 26 February 2022 - 06:25 AM

I am less sad about the roadmap. I guess this is the best you can do with the few people you have at hand.

New maps where and I think still are something that was highly demanded by the community and its good that you keep on trying your best to deliver something. That its "just" using older FP maps and rolle them into QP is sad but the lower the resources you have the more you need to rely on stuff you allready have.

"New" events are allways welcome. Also I would like to see more creative events.
CBills, Mechs, MC, Colors...when you reach a certain point all those things become mostly irrelevant. At least to me and I would guess maybe some other long time players are also swimming in those.

Wish you guys would take up on the suggestion you made yourself of more.... creative events. Like the stupid stuff that League of legends does every once in a while like Rapid-fire-event. Totaly balance breaking but fuckton of fun.

Comming back to the roadmap....the very thin silver lining is that you say that you try to get a "Flex" team working on stuff as people become avaible. That is on the one hand good, on the other it show that someone, somewhere in the higher positions allready lost faith in the game.

As hard as it sounds, maybe its time to asses if its not better to let go instead of beating a dead horse.
It would sadness me for this game to go away but if there isn't a future in your companie then its better for someone else to take over.

Some last straw I could see, if you don't have the manpower and no one in the higher ups is willing to dedicate themselfs or just can't, is to open MWO up for modders on private servers. (Yah legal stuff, coders, yada, yada, I bet some modders will find a way to do all the coding if you just look the other way)

Open up the map tools and xml files so that over the last few years some people can work with it to their hearts content.
A last farwell to the community that carried this game over the years before the IP falls back to Microsoft anyways.
All on private servers naturaly...and you just sit there and take whatever improvment, new idea, whatever pops up there and integrate it into an official build.

#74 Teenage Mutant Ninja Urbie

• The Tip of the Spear
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • 1,678 posts

Posted 26 February 2022 - 06:49 AM

well.. I appreciate the honesty this roadmap is written with. Cheers.

#75 Hawk819

• The Tip of the Spear
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • 1,626 posts
  • Location666 Werewolf Lane. Transylvania, Romania Ph#: Transylvania 6-5000

Posted 26 February 2022 - 07:01 AM

Crusader. . . . Phoenix Hawk IIC. . . .

Doesn't make a lick of difference to me. All I have to say is: there's got to be more than one `Mech. I know, I know. It's takes resources that Matt and Daeron don't have at the moment. Thanks to MW5! Which is now an Albatross around PGI/EG7's neck.

Way to go there, guys. Hell, I barely keep it modified with the mods from Nexus, and I haven't played it in months.

All I'm saying is: it's been years since we've had a massive package. Last one I believe was Civil War. And then after that, nothing, except booster packs for variants.

Seriously, we need several packs. I'd reserve the Phoenix Hawk IIC for a IIC package which should include the following: Shadow Hawk, Griffin, and Locust IIC variants, and each one has enough variants for each to be viable for the game.

As for Crusader, I would make a package consisting of it and another crowd favorite, plus two Clan `Mechs we don't currently have. Like the Fire Moth for crying out loud and one other, a Kingfisher, or Turkina, or another Medium like say the Grendel aka Mongrel.

Whatever the choice. Just give us more than variants to buy and choose from. Please!

That is all I want to see, and all I want to keep this thing going. Please give us something more than just variant packs. Thank u.

Edited by Hawk819, 26 February 2022 - 07:02 AM.

#76 Extra Guac

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Star Colonel II
  • Star Colonel II
  • 202 posts

Posted 26 February 2022 - 07:11 AM

Game balance is reasonably good at this point, except for maybe IS ERLL's. Spending too much more time on balance passes is a waste of time imo.

The cauldron should shift their focus to improving & saving Faction Play. Experienced players aren't going to stick around just to play QP. If it's just going to be QP and nothing else, there are better games out there. Bringing more players into FP is more important than fine-tuning the maps or putting out new mech variants.

#77 Roodkapje

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 577 posts

Posted 26 February 2022 - 07:25 AM

View Postw0qj, on 26 February 2022 - 12:07 AM, said:

In fact, if I were MWO management, I would have delayed publishing this MWO 2022 Roadmap (or the lack thereof), citing the very recent sudden European tension, and "will give an appropriate update MWO 2022 Roadmap in due time".

What does that have to do with MWO ?!

I suggest you follow your own advice :

If you have nothing good to say, better to say nothing. (as the saying goes).

And do some actual reading on the situation instead of watching the news on TV and your local newspapers... Posted Image

View PostMighty Spike, on 26 February 2022 - 12:21 AM, said:

Edit:
How the Hell you Guys saw that image??? just looked now under the Roadmap link and see nothin, null nada zero..Posted Image you Guys are amazing +1

I don't get it either and I often check for such stuff by pressing CTRL+A :(

Perhaps something that only works in Chromium based browsers ?!
If so : Please avoid creating another case of "Internet Explorer 6.0" interwebz... ;)

View PostHorseman, on 26 February 2022 - 01:07 AM, said:

This is what I got:
Posted Image

Seriously : How ?!

View PostJohn Bronco, on 26 February 2022 - 12:26 AM, said:

How about some quality of life stuff, like getting rid of map voting to get into games quicker

Why would you do that ?!

IMHO it's a great option for avoiding crappy maps that are still crap after the editing done the last year or so! :)

or adding a global chat to aid unit recruitment, or making it so you could mechlab while searching?

Those two would be GREAT tho! :D

Any of that to make this game seem slightly less like a 10 year old hunk of junk would be great, because the combat is still quite good.

10 years... DAMN... you could be right! Posted Image Time goes by so faaaaast!!! :D

View PostWeeny Machine, on 26 February 2022 - 12:41 AM, said:

Something tells me we are locked in the dominating monotone l4z0r vomit and snipe meta for a long time. ZzZZZzzzzz

Camper/Snipe meta really needs to disappear indeed! :(

#78 ScrapIron Prime

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 4,824 posts
  • LocationSmack dab in the middle of Ohio

Posted 26 February 2022 - 08:06 AM

View PostNomad Tech, on 26 February 2022 - 05:30 AM, said:

And this is obviously what i see in that black picture
Posted Image

it really is a Rorschach mech blot, isn’t it. What we see tells more about us. Well… that and whomever at PGI who thought it was a good idea to Easter-egg us like this. I mean really?

But yeah, if it isn’t a Crusader or a Phoenix Hawk IIc, then it’s an urbanmech IIc… obviously! Posted Image

#79 Heavy Money

• The Marauder
  • 1,275 posts

Posted 26 February 2022 - 08:48 AM

If you can see the image or not is a matter of monitor quality. If you have a regular budget monitor it won't have the accuracy and depth for it. If you have a fancy one you can see it easily enough.

It isn't really ambiguous what it is.

#80 FupDup

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 26,888 posts
  • LocationThe Keeper of Memes

Posted 26 February 2022 - 09:26 AM

View PostHeavy Money, on 25 February 2022 - 07:32 PM, said:

Open it in its own tab and you should be able to make it out.

I played with the brightness and colors and it's still just a solid color for me.

EDIT: I tried it in GIMP using fuzzy select and I'm getting at least a silhouette now. Here is what I got at 0.7 threshold:

Posted Image

Got a better version after playing around:

Posted Image

Probably not getting much better than that.

Edited by FupDup, 26 February 2022 - 09:41 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users