#101 PocketYoda

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 4,136 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 27 February 2022 - 07:54 AM

View PostFupDup, on 26 February 2022 - 09:26 AM, said:

I played with the brightness and colors and it's still just a solid color for me.

EDIT: I tried it in GIMP using fuzzy select and I'm getting at least a silhouette now. Here is what I got at 0.7 threshold:

Posted Image

Got a better version after playing around:

Posted Image

Probably not getting much better than that.

Yep thats definitely a Urbanmech IIC

#102 Stargazzer811

• PipPipPip
  • The Moonwalker
  • The Moonwalker
  • 97 posts
  • LocationAn experimental SLDF McKenna class Battleship, waiting for Clan Nova Cat to return to the Inner Sphere in 3160

Posted 27 February 2022 - 09:14 AM

I think everyone needs to calm the f#ck down. If all of you who want to quit or are disappointed that PGI is playing it safe with this roadmap got hyped upon its announcement, that is literally and solely your own faults. Everyone should know by now that PGI is not gonna promise things they can't deliver anymore; they can't afford to take another mass hit to the playerbase of this game without being forced to drop it like a hot rock. I'm happy to see they at the very least put out something, even if there is alot of blank spaces. It shows they at least are trying, which is more then I could say about them 3 years ago. Give them a chance for a change folks, stop being ridiculous, over the top drama queens.

#103 Roodkapje

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 577 posts

Posted 27 February 2022 - 09:30 AM

Can someone from P.G.I. comment on the following :
https://mwomercs.com...ost__p__6445786

My logic for that post :

If the community wants a great game then perhaps they should create it themselves ?! :)

#104 Horseman

• The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 4,701 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 27 February 2022 - 11:16 AM

View PostRoodkapje, on 27 February 2022 - 09:30 AM, said:

Can someone from P.G.I. comment on the following :
https://mwomercs.com...ost__p__6445786
My logic for that post :
If the community wants a great game then perhaps they should create it themselves ?! Posted Image

Copyrights in such cases are a big issue. Even if PGI was willing to accept such a contribution, they would have to require signing some legal documents to transfer full rights to the company.
However, given that it would be created by someone without access to PGI's tools and without adherence to whatever their internal guidelines are, chances are that they wouldn't be able to use it anyway...

Edited by Horseman, 27 February 2022 - 11:19 AM.

#105 Mighty Spike

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 5,590 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationHoly Beer City of Munich

Posted 27 February 2022 - 12:14 PM

View PostAvalon91211, on 27 February 2022 - 09:14 AM, said:

I think everyone needs to calm the f#ck down. If all of you who want to quit or are disappointed that PGI is playing it safe with this roadmap got hyped upon its announcement, that is literally and solely your own faults. Everyone should know by now that PGI is not gonna promise things they can't deliver anymore; they can't afford to take another mass hit to the playerbase of this game without being forced to drop it like a hot rock. I'm happy to see they at the very least put out something, even if there is alot of blank spaces. It shows they at least are trying, which is more then I could say about them 3 years ago. Give them a chance for a change folks, stop being ridiculous, over the top drama queens.

^This^ It was clear after the EG7´s Interirm report what is going to happen. So what? It was clear that they cant do wonders with how many working on mwo 1 or 2 ?? So play as long asyou can and enjoy it or not tthere´s no other option imho
calling his paying customers cheapskates and wondering after, why the busines dont rgoes good.. So much for one Guys "Business Talent" If there´s someones fault it´s.... we all know who´s...

Edited by Mighty Spike, 28 February 2022 - 03:49 AM.

#106 Mochyn Pupur

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Patron Saint
  • The Patron Saint
  • 521 posts
  • LocationDerby, England

Posted 27 February 2022 - 12:41 PM

For once, I am completely at a loss as to what to say that wouldn't be full of expletives regarding the Russian Localisation "Feature"! Understandably, the vast majority of the Russian populace have their opinion over the current situation and I would be amazed if they all supported it; however, it remains a simple truth the internationally, restrictions, embargoes and other actions are being brought against the State as a way of protest. The question arises, does PGI and EG7 believe they stand above all the nations who have brought action against the State, in support of the Ukrainian people? (For the players who live in both Countries, I hope that you and your loved ones stay safe).

At very least, I would have hoped that PGI/EG7 approached this subject with a deferral of implementation rather than crassly moving ahead :(

On a purely development aspect, I would like to see the cost of IS/Clan mechs reach some form of parity; IS have been bolstered over time at the same rate that Clan has been nerfed and according to PGI/cauldron, there should be little overall difference because of their wonderful work with weapon, agility and armour passes, so come on, show this balance in the C-Bill wallet . . . . maybe this might make those with less disposable income have access to packs etc., and draw additional revenue in for MWO rather than rely on a diminishing number of those with cash to spend?

#107 Matt Newman

Live Ops Manager

• Developer
  • Developer
  • 1,027 posts

Posted 27 February 2022 - 12:56 PM

View PostJC Daxion, on 27 February 2022 - 05:32 AM, said:

Matt can you guys post last years map in this same format with what you actually did and links to those patch notes each patch. It would be a really nice feature for people to see what was done last year, and what you are moving to this year. I don't want the things you didn't get to, just a map of what was done and when would be wonderful.

I really hope to see things keep improving.

Yes I can make a 2021 Retrospective roadmap.

#108 Gas Guzzler

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 14,250 posts
  • LocationCalifornia Central Coast

Posted 27 February 2022 - 01:21 PM

View PostMatt Newman, on 27 February 2022 - 12:56 PM, said:

When can we expect more "clarity" on the bottom of the actual announcement page?

#109 Frozen Spirit Jac

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Talon
  • Talon
  • 171 posts

Posted 27 February 2022 - 02:09 PM

Literally lost for words. I was really hoping for at least a little more considering there is less than 4 years left. I still invest in this game financially and time. My favorite game of all time. And it is starting to look abandoned by everyone.

A sad day for all the fans and lovers of this IP. We looked up to PGI who stood up to Harmony Gold.

Here is hoping for a better future for this IP and hopefully someone else can take on the mantle as good as PGI has done over the years. Over a decade of hours dedicated to being with friends online.

#110 LordNothing

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 16,780 posts

Posted 27 February 2022 - 02:29 PM

View PostExtra Guac, on 27 February 2022 - 07:07 AM, said:

FP wasn't a flop, it was great for many years.

QP is a flop - it's a pointless, boring, and overly simplistic game mode.

Game balance is fine right now, they don't need any more balance passes for the next year. Maybe it's not 100% perfect but it's close enough.

The Cauldron should focus on ways to fix FP without using too many resources from PGI. One option is simply reintroduce planetary conquests, exactly the way it was a few years ago.

It's not about matchmaker either. Just fix the actual game mode - make it more engaging, and people will show up to play.

Admittedly they also need a way to monetize the game if they're going to keep the lights on. Maybe create some FP-exclusive content, idk. Their new parent company is supposed to be the experts on monetization.

The acquisition announcement said that PGI has a 65-person development team. Not sure what they're doing all day.

while most people prefer the boring and stale qp over fp, the thing is thats where the money is. from a financial standpoint messing with qp is financial suicide. fp players spend money too but there are less of them.

a slim portion of the remaining population play fp. so if you upgrade fp:
you are going to piss off all those who dont play it. they will see it as resources which could have improved the game elsewhere.
you are going to piss off those that do play it, because they see any potential patch as disruptive.

also the cauldron can only tweak xml. i dont think "fixing fp' is within their scope. unless pgi want to start giving them dev level access to the game. while that may lead to some good stuff indeed, i dont think it would happen.

matchmaker cannot be fixed in either mode. for reasons outlined here. consolidating the player base to one mode or the other is going to alienate some portion of the player base. and frankly i dont think it would do that much. even going 8v8 or less wouldn't have the impact people want.

want to do something for fp on the cheap, then i think the best way to do that is to run a copypasta tukayyid event. the people who play fp exclusively can use the opportunity to recruit new blood to the mode (or they can farm and scare away the puggles again). id clear a weekend for that.

if, and only if pgi was willing to sink any real effort into the game (and not just one mode). i think the best change would be to scenario generation. rather than spawn a static scripted scenario (which pgi frequently forgets to update leading to ceasefires), instead take queue content into consideration and then spawn a compatible scenario. the scripted scenarios currently makes terrible use of the players in queue. teams stack one side and wait for what ever is left to fill up the other. that's always going to generate an uncoordinate vs coordinate games. instead if the queue sees 3 teams on the is side and 1 team on the clan side. it will spawn one is vs is and one is vs clan, and the entire queue can be utilized to get the drop rate up. the thing that made me stop playing was the wait times. you could do a planet of the week type thing, and perhaps the top 5 unit tags get a prize for winning the planet. in addition anyone participating in a win gets a smaller victory bonus (and it could just be a big wad of lp/rp).

i think my preference would still be for more mechs and equipment in addition to the mapping developments. those are going to keep everyone engaged, fp and qp. something for everyone and no disruption.

Edited by LordNothing, 27 February 2022 - 02:56 PM.

#111 w0qj

• The Territorial
  • The Territorial
  • 3,411 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationAt your 6 :)

Posted 27 February 2022 - 04:06 PM

There's a Google Document with many years' worth of patch changes, but it runs only up to August 2021 (Mech Quirk Pass #1).
(ie: Stopped updating since Sept 2021).

Perhaps the (unknown) author(s) of this document gave up after realizing that Mech Quirk Pass has a lot of info to document.
(Kudos to the Cauldron for these changes!)

Without further ado:
http://docs.google.c...2iBfaqi1Mh144s8

MWO 2022 Roadmap (WIP--Work In Progress)
https://mwomercs.com/roadmap

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
And here are the Patch Notes for everyone's reference:

1) MWO official patch notes
http://mwomercs.com/game/patch-notes

2) Cauldron's Patch Note changes
www.mwocomp.com/patches

3) Index page for MWO patches since March 2021:
http://mwomercs.com/forums/topic/281378-running-patch-log-list-since-april-2021-and-onwards-aka-cauldron-changes

View PostJC Daxion, on 27 February 2022 - 05:32 AM, said:

Matt can you guys post last years map in this same format with what you actually did and links to those patch notes each patch. It would be a really nice feature for people to see what was done last year, and what you are moving to this year. I don't want the things you didn't get to, just a map of what was done and when would be wonderful.

I really hope to see things keep improving.

View PostMatt Newman, on 27 February 2022 - 12:56 PM, said:

Edited by w0qj, 27 February 2022 - 04:15 PM.

#112 Neutron IX

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 1,018 posts
  • Location"Soylent Green. It's what's for dinner."

Posted 27 February 2022 - 04:10 PM

My 2 cents as an Overlord Phoenix account (missed out on Founders because I was between jobs and had no disposable income at the time), I actually thought it was cool when they added the (S) variant Phoenix mechs, that had the same 30% boost and special geometry as the Phoenix mechs, minus the Phoenix camo.

I thought it was a shame they were only around for a little while, to be honest.

I think it would be great if they did something similar with the Founders mechs, and for a hot second thought that was what the IS Platinum pack was. But if they made (S) variant Founders mechs, I'd be all over them.

Also, would be great if they did additional (S) variant versions of the "base" mechs in the original IS bundles, like a CN9-A(S), and so forth.

P.S. If we ACTUALLY did get a Crusader, I'd cry a little. But I'd be pretty stoked for a PXH-IIC even, just not AS stoked. Posted Image

#113 C337Skymaster

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 1,450 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 27 February 2022 - 06:48 PM

View PostAnAnachronismAlive, on 26 February 2022 - 12:22 PM, said:

Simply one of the more iconic mechs of the good old 3025 past (including some resemblance in Battletech-Novels) and one of the unseen mechs (lawsuit with harmony gold - google if you're interested in details please). The possible loadouts likely won't add much to the game (except for weapon systems in the legs, that make his incorporation into MWO even more unlikely), that does not already exist to some extent via other mechs / variants. So it is some kind of remembrance of a romantic BT-past most of the older players around here share, that gives the possibility of an unseen-release (same goes for the valkyrie or stinger/wasp) a special aura at best.

But as mentioned before: if you compare the head / cockpit part of the secret picture via Sarna (lacks the unicorn-horn and the bullseye-cockpit glass nor does it share similarities with the updated artwork closer to a bigger chameleon-mech), it becomes unlikely that they will publish the Crusader. I am close to 99,9% sure they will utilize / finish former work done on the Phoenix Hawk IIC. Both mechs share some general parts of appearance, that may support wishful thinking IMHO.

In fairness, the Cicada 3C and Mist Lynx G also had leg-mounted weapons. They were moved to the torsos. Thus the Crusader would likely receive similar treatment, since it's already been done. Akin to removing the lower arm/hand actuators on the King Crab rather than crit-splitting the AC/20's (which I still don't understand why they couldn't do that, when MechWarrior 2 accomplished it in 1995).

#114 ScrapIron Prime

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 4,815 posts
  • LocationSmack dab in the middle of Ohio

Posted 27 February 2022 - 09:13 PM

View PostNeutron IX, on 27 February 2022 - 04:10 PM, said:

P.S. If we ACTUALLY did get a Crusader, I'd cry a little. But I'd be pretty stoked for a PXH-IIC even, just not AS stoked. Posted Image

Well the Crusader does happen to be the single most up-voted IS mech that the player base would like to see.

And PGI is on record as saying that they’re great at listening to the players. Posted Image
Seriously though, if it’s a Phoenix Hawk IIc instead, I that would be cool, those things are sexy too. I must say I’m surprised that it isn’t the Bull Shark, as HBS already made a compatible model.

#115 Mafarrico

• PipPip
  • The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 27 posts

Posted 28 February 2022 - 09:26 AM

Remember when you had to write an essay in school about a subject and you just had a couple of words on it and had to use filler random stuff to make it stretch? Yeah, this is what this reminds me of, when PGI was working on MWO5 I kind of undertstood they needed to expand to make better stuff, now I think they are just abusing their player base, I havent bought the last two packs and this has certainly not changed my mind on buying some in the future.

#116 IronWolfPack64

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2023 Top 12 Qualifier
  • CS 2023 Top 12 Qualifier
  • 269 posts

Posted 28 February 2022 - 09:47 AM

I know faction play is the bottom priority for PGI but please at least give us scouting back in a permanent form. Us faction players need a little love, just give some to us so smaller groups can play semi competitively instead of being forced to get stomped by sweat teams.

Please we aren't asking for any new changes just bring a feature so many love back into the game. I and many others miss it greatly.

Signed
A concerned citizen of the Inner Sphere

#117 Roodkapje

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 577 posts

Posted 28 February 2022 - 10:03 AM

View PostPeppaPig, on 27 February 2022 - 12:41 PM, said:

For once, I am completely at a loss as to what to say that wouldn't be full of expletives regarding the Russian Localisation "Feature"! Understandably, the vast majority of the Russian populace have their opinion over the current situation and I would be amazed if they all supported it; however, it remains a simple truth the internationally, restrictions, embargoes and other actions are being brought against the State as a way of protest. The question arises, does PGI and EG7 believe they stand above all the nations who have brought action against the State, in support of the Ukrainian people? (For the players who live in both Countries, I hope that you and your loved ones stay safe).

At very least, I would have hoped that PGI/EG7 approached this subject with a deferral of implementation rather than crassly moving ahead Posted Image

Please stop this nonsense!

MWO and politics have nothing to do with each other! Posted Image

And I suggest you take this advice too : https://mwomercs.com...ost__p__6446753 Posted Image

Edited by Roodkapje, 28 February 2022 - 10:03 AM.

#118 Flea King Fleappuccino

• PipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 56 posts

Posted 28 February 2022 - 10:30 AM

Will 2025 really be the end of MWO? Can't describe how sad I'll be Posted Image Could we, or would we still be able to at least log in and play around with loadouts/testing ground/private lobbies? Or will the game be completely dead with the plug pulled from all servers? Really hope MWO lives on...

#119 w0qj

• The Territorial
  • The Territorial
  • 3,411 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationAt your 6 :)

Posted 28 February 2022 - 10:40 AM

I suspect that:

To MWO:
Roadmap = sales campaign calendar for 2022

To Players of MWO:
Roadmap = development roadmap for 2022

Hence this gap and disconnect...

Edited by w0qj, 28 February 2022 - 10:57 AM.

#120 shamandgg

• PipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 47 posts

Posted 28 February 2022 - 12:03 PM

Nice event calendar, jokers.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users