Mwo 2022 Roadmap Update

225 replies to this topic

#121 All Your Bases

• PipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 50 posts

Posted 28 February 2022 - 12:40 PM

Hey Matt and team, thanks for the roadmap and engaging with the community. Although I'd love to see more I understand you guys are a tiny team, owned by a smaller company who has other IP's. I think the nay-sayers have forgot there are much bigger companies that completely abandon IP's, bench them, stop updates, shut down servers etc. Thanks for sticking with us whinners. Take our whining as sign this IP still has life in it and a good community that still wants to support it.

Can you please comment on the MMMS (Make My Mech Special) idea a few people have been floating around? Obviously you guys have the ability to change chassis to allow them to be 30% bonus (i.e. the Platinum collections). I highly doubt it takes much programing. You are talking about a very minimal impact on your staff to do this and potentially a lot of money for the game to move things along. I bet you anything if you allowed a $20 for a pack of say 4 "unlocks" of "MMMS" you'd sell these like hotcakes. You'd literally have to do nothing but change some programming, no new mechs to design, just allowing us to take out our favorites with a 30% bonus. I've talked with the people I play with, we spent a good hour or two talking about this and everyone said they buy if it ever came up. I've mentioned in game QP plenty of times and most people loved the idea. I'm serious here, this could be a good money maker for you, take our money, please?!

#122 Big-G

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 340 posts
  • LocationFormerly New Capetown, now Kikuyu - Lyran Alliance

Posted 28 February 2022 - 01:25 PM

View PostPeppaPig, on 27 February 2022 - 12:41 PM, said:

For once, I am completely at a loss as to what to say that wouldn't be full of expletives regarding the Russian Localisation "Feature"! Understandably, the vast majority of the Russian populace have their opinion over the current situation and I would be amazed if they all supported it; however, it remains a simple truth the internationally, restrictions, embargoes and other actions are being brought against the State as a way of protest. The question arises, does PGI and EG7 believe they stand above all the nations who have brought action against the State, in support of the Ukrainian people? (For the players who live in both Countries, I hope that you and your loved ones stay safe).

This type of generalization about localization with a political twist is just plain wrong. :(

There are a lot of Russian speaking users that don't live in those countries and most likely don't support what's happening, and now you would "punish" them just because of this?

Global services are not directed to a specific country unlike physical products. So don't mix politics and gaming. Let those idiots sort their own s*@t out.

#123 Son of the Flood

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Messenger
  • The Messenger
  • 397 posts
  • LocationTier 3 basement - searching for funyuns and mountain dew

Posted 28 February 2022 - 01:55 PM

View PostAll Your Bases, on 28 February 2022 - 12:40 PM, said:

Can you please comment on the MMMS (Make My Mech Special) idea a few people have been floating around? Obviously you guys have the ability to change chassis to allow them to be 30% bonus (i.e. the Platinum collections). I highly doubt it takes much programing. You are talking about a very minimal impact on your staff to do this and potentially a lot of money for the game to move things along. I bet you anything if you allowed a $20 for a pack of say 4 "unlocks" of "MMMS" you'd sell these like hotcakes. You'd literally have to do nothing but change some programming, no new mechs to design, just allowing us to take out our favorites with a 30% bonus. I've talked with the people I play with, we spent a good hour or two talking about this and everyone said they buy if it ever came up. I've mentioned in game QP plenty of times and most people loved the idea. I'm serious here, this could be a good money maker for you, take our money, please?!

Love this idea!

#124 Mighty Spike

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 5,590 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationHoly Beer City of Munich

Posted 28 February 2022 - 03:03 PM

View PostSon of the Flood, on 28 February 2022 - 01:55 PM, said:

Love this idea!

yep,would really like to spend some of my Favourite Mechs like my Marauder 5d a C-Bill Bonus
I do suport that Idea

#125 burning wisky

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Wolf
  • The Wolf
  • 106 posts
  • LocationHannover Germany

Posted 28 February 2022 - 03:10 PM

View PostMatt Newman, on 25 February 2022 - 11:34 PM, said:

Anyways I want to say understand if you are not thrilled with the road map as it currently looks. Last year's roadmap certainly looked better to start. This year we are trying to MAKE SURE we can deliver what we commit to. Last year we over-committed and underdelivered, This year I would rather under-commit and over-deliver.

Maybe that is an overcorrection but I can tell you this if it shows up on the road map it's going in the flipping game.

I know you work hart, but players waiting for scouting and FP like it was or better. What is going on in FP ? Last year nothing ( sry, longer Conquest time ). What is the plan ? Is there a Plan ?

#126 Attercop

• PipPip
  • Star Colonel V
  • 30 posts

Posted 28 February 2022 - 04:27 PM

Yeah, how hard would it be to switch scouting back on?

#127 Voice of Kerensky

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 481 posts

Posted 28 February 2022 - 04:47 PM

I would like to hear some information about:
- when will the group and solo queues be separated in the quick play?
- when will the matchmaker appear in this game?

#128 ScrapIron Prime

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 4,818 posts
  • LocationSmack dab in the middle of Ohio

Posted 28 February 2022 - 05:45 PM

View PostVoice of Kerensky, on 28 February 2022 - 04:47 PM, said:

- when will the group and solo queues be separated in the quick play?

Oooh, I know the answer to this one! “When the population quadruples!”

#129 Lionheart2012

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Resolute
  • The Resolute
  • 226 posts

Posted 28 February 2022 - 06:42 PM

View PostJohn Bronco, on 26 February 2022 - 12:26 AM, said:

How about some quality of life stuff, like getting rid of map voting to get into games quicker, or adding a global chat to aid unit recruitment, or making it so you could mechlab while searching?

Any of that to make this game seem slightly less like a 10 year old hunk of junk would be great, because the combat is still quite good.

Got any suggestions that don't require rebuilding the game from the ground up?

View PostHorseman, on 26 February 2022 - 01:07 AM, said:

This is what I got:
Posted Image

Looks like a phoenix hawk to me....

#130 w0qj

• The Territorial
  • The Territorial
  • 3,418 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationAt your 6 :)

Posted 28 February 2022 - 06:47 PM

There's a proposal on a sister thread for Map Rescaling (not Mech Rescaling):
http://mwomercs.com/forums/topic/282421-roadmap-2022-my-review-thoughts/page__st__20

Update on the discussions held:

1a. Map Rescaling, and mobility/speed/sensor/range tweaks for all mechs in the same proportion such that all mechs takes the same amount of time to travel from point A to point B, for both before and after Map Rescale? Weapon velocity needs tweaking too.
(Yes, this would take yet another round of Cauldron-style tweaks to make this happen)

1b. But this mobility/speed tweak must not exceed MWO server's capacity to handle Lights, say, going at 250 kph? Posted Image
And What happens to server lag, if more and more player/mechs zips around the map at 100 kph on average?

2. Just give even more survivability to the mechs that would need to be scaled smaller.

#131 Canadian House Owl

• PipPipPip
  • The Money Maker
  • The Money Maker
  • 59 posts
  • LocationEdmonton

Posted 28 February 2022 - 08:41 PM

IMHO Free for all would be a great way to give MWO new life and maybe some MW:LL or War Thunder like respawns would be nice since that system is already in the game in FP.

Also maybe it's a pretty big ask but maybe find some way to allow a community created game mode or content into the game just let the cauldron have access to a map/game mode design assets, vet the content and add it in?

#132 Hellfire666

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The God of Death
  • The God of Death
  • 123 posts

Posted 28 February 2022 - 10:19 PM

View PostMatt Newman, on 25 February 2022 - 11:34 PM, said:

Just a few notes,

Mechs - We will be delivering more mechs/variants than are on the road map. However, I don't have exact delivery dates as of now. so they are not on the road map. The road map will be updated when I have delivery dates. Mark N and others are very busy and we want to continue to deliver mechs that you guys enjoy! (We also want to make sure the Annual Rewards Program returns to its former glory)

Maps - We are committing to delivering 4 "New" QP maps this year. the first one coming next month. We will be talking with Francois about which map will be next in our next Dev log. We will also be addressing issues with other maps in between the new maps. It's worth saying Mark N also help Francois with Maps!

Gameplay - We are continuing to work with the Cauldron on quirks and weapon tuning and more! Indy has been doing a great job getting those changes in! Please forgive the lack of Cauldron updates mentioned on the Road Map. We have no intention of stopping that I just don't have details on what is next.

Game Features - This is where the Flex team comes in. We have a few designs that we have been working on with the cauldron while going back and forth with engineers at Piranha Games. I haven't put any of that work on the road map as of yet and I won't until I can confirm I have the right design, with the right resources, for the right amount of time to get the job done. Most work requires multiple engineers of different specialties, UI, Back end, Gameplay, Networking ETC. Once I have the pieces in place we will let you know what it is we are working on.

Events and Sales - As you know I have been doing events and sales for a while now. This year won't be any different!
I only listed the "traditional" stuff here but there will be more events more free mechs!

For those of you who were upset, we posted the frenzy Sale before the roadmap the reason is we had the sale ready and waiting and we had been waiting for the road map to go up before the sale. however, since the sale had already started in a few areas we chose to post it first.

Anyways I want to say understand if you are not thrilled with the road map as it currently looks. Last year's roadmap certainly looked better to start. This year we are trying to MAKE SURE we can deliver what we commit to. Last year we over-committed and underdelivered, This year I would rather under-commit and over-deliver.

Maybe that is an overcorrection but I can tell you this if it shows up on the road map it's going in the flipping game.

So nothing worthwhile then?

The only "new" items on this list is your FP maps with quick play items slapped on them. Hardly new by any stretch of the word. Everything else is the same things you do every year. So what exactly is new then?

Talk about committing to nothing. Guess I'll check back in a year and see if anything worthwhile changes.

#133 Horseman

• The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 4,701 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 01 March 2022 - 01:32 AM

View PostLionheart2012, on 28 February 2022 - 06:42 PM, said:

Can be either Crusader or Phoenix Hawk IIC, both of which share PXH's lines to some extent (gotcha: the Unseen Phoenix Hawk was a Macross Valkyrie, whereas the Unseen Crusader was a Macross Armored Valkyrie).
Between the two, Crusader designs tend to all have prominent chunky shins and forearms, moreso than the chunkiest version of PXH IIC. Also, the texture on the forearms indicates the presence of some greeble there, looking a lot like the Zeus' missile pods - which would fit the Reseen Crusaders, while PXH IIC's canon variants keep their missile launchers in torsos.
So yeah, my money is on the Crusader.

Edited by Horseman, 01 March 2022 - 01:34 AM.

#134 AnAnachronismAlive

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 425 posts

Posted 01 March 2022 - 01:48 AM

View PostHorseman, on 01 March 2022 - 01:32 AM, said:

Can be either Crusader or Phoenix Hawk IIC, both of which share PXH's lines to some extent (gotcha: the Unseen Phoenix Hawk was a Macross Valkyrie, whereas the Unseen Crusader was a Macross Armored Valkyrie).
Between the two, Crusader designs tend to all have prominent chunky shins and forearms, moreso than the chunkiest version of PXH IIC. Also, the texture on the forearms indicates the presence of some greeble there, looking a lot like the Zeus' missile pods - which would fit the Reseen Crusaders, while PXH IIC's canon variants keep their missile launchers in torsos.
So yeah, my money is on the Crusader.

While still doubting this to be the case for various reasons (already allocated ressources to the Pixie-IIC as mentioned by Mark, cockpit-glass pattern etc.), I'd love, should you be right about it / prove me wrong in the end.

Edited by AnAnachronismAlive, 01 March 2022 - 01:50 AM.

#135 MW Waldorf Statler

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,457 posts
  • LocationGermany/Berlin

Posted 01 March 2022 - 03:30 AM

View Postw0qj, on 28 February 2022 - 06:47 PM, said:

There's a proposal on a sister thread for Map Rescaling (not Mech Rescaling):
http://mwomercs.com/forums/topic/282421-roadmap-2022-my-review-thoughts/page__st__20

Update on the discussions held:

1a. Map Rescaling, and mobility/speed/sensor/range tweaks for all mechs in the same proportion such that all mechs takes the same amount of time to travel from point A to point B, for both before and after Map Rescale? Weapon velocity needs tweaking too.
(Yes, this would take yet another round of Cauldron-style tweaks to make this happen)

1b. But this mobility/speed tweak must not exceed MWO server's capacity to handle Lights, say, going at 250 kph? Posted Image
And What happens to server lag, if more and more player/mechs zips around the map at 100 kph on average?

2. Just give even more survivability to the mechs that would need to be scaled smaller.

with the Cry 3 you cannot make a Map Rescaling , no tool for it , you can make the map bigger and generated empty mesh around the exist map.For a Biger scaled Map you must build the Map complete new, and scaling each single Asset new , from a Pebble to a Building.
Its not like many Strategical games who you have Files to make Units or Objects smaller or bigger( Galactic Civilization III for example)

if you could increase the size of the map in the entire mesh, there would also be problems with the heights of mountains and slopes because the climb system could no longer cope with them.

Animations would also have to be revised, since the real distances also increase with the larger buildings and an in-game meter is now longer by a factor, which the mech still has to cover at a certain speed in a specified time, so either increase the walking speed what to would result in a funny cartoon effect, or new running animations for all mechs

Edited by MW Waldorf Statler, 01 March 2022 - 04:23 AM.

#136 Horseman

• The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 4,701 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 01 March 2022 - 03:39 AM

AFAIK Mark didn't mention any already allocated resources or existing development progress, just that the IIC would have been started after the Dervish in the production schedule if chassis production was not halted due to focus on MW5.

View PostMark Nicholson, on 31 December 2021 - 03:07 PM, said:

We came SO close, it was the 'Mech on the slate right after the Dervish when new chassis production got put on hold in favour of MW5 production.

#137 MW Waldorf Statler

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,457 posts
  • LocationGermany/Berlin

Posted 01 March 2022 - 04:03 AM

Got any suggestions that don't require rebuilding the game from the ground up?

looks similar to the Classic Crusader

Posted Image
so, her is ingame :D

Edited by MW Waldorf Statler, 01 March 2022 - 04:04 AM.

#138 C337Skymaster

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 1,450 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 01 March 2022 - 05:37 AM

View PostKing Samu, on 28 February 2022 - 10:30 AM, said:

Will 2025 really be the end of MWO? Can't describe how sad I'll be Posted Image Could we, or would we still be able to at least log in and play around with loadouts/testing ground/private lobbies? Or will the game be completely dead with the plug pulled from all servers? Really hope MWO lives on...

Unfortunately, based on the way the game refuses to log in during updates when the servers go offline, I'm inclined to say that when PGI switches the lights off, that'll be it.

View PostAraciel, on 28 February 2022 - 08:41 PM, said:

IMHO Free for all would be a great way to give MWO new life and maybe some MW:LL or War Thunder like respawns would be nice since that system is already in the game in FP.

Also maybe it's a pretty big ask but maybe find some way to allow a community created game mode or content into the game just let the cauldron have access to a map/game mode design assets, vet the content and add it in?

Unfortunately, a MW4 style FFA is exactly what everyone expected out of Solaris, but for some reason "that can't be done in Cry3". Nobody's really given a great explanation why.

#139 C337Skymaster

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 1,450 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 01 March 2022 - 05:42 AM

For that matter, Domination might be more fun if, instead of 2 teams of 12, we had 3 teams of 8, or 3 teams of 12 if there's enough players for it... :) You know, something for those imaginary engineers to dream about someday.

#140 Gas Guzzler

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 14,250 posts
  • LocationCalifornia Central Coast

Posted 01 March 2022 - 06:22 AM

It’s a Crusader.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users