Mwo 2022 Roadmap Update

225 replies to this topic

#161 Matt Newman

Live Ops Manager

• Developer
  • Developer
  • 1,027 posts

Posted 02 March 2022 - 09:18 AM

Thread is pinned - there will most likely be additional news posts as the Road Map updates.

#162 w0qj

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Territorial
  • The Territorial
  • 3,411 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationAt your 6 :)

Posted 02 March 2022 - 09:27 AM

Matt, a big thank you for further fleshed out the MWO 2022 Roadmap, and for further assurances that MWO staff are working in good faith, and perhaps have cool surprise(s) in store for us!

That's good enough for me personally! ;)

#163 Nightbird

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The God of Death
  • The God of Death
  • 7,518 posts

Posted 02 March 2022 - 12:47 PM

This 3/22 items should probably be changed to TBD:
Russian Localization and 4 Game Open Beta

#164 Big-G

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 338 posts
  • LocationFormerly New Capetown, now Kikuyu - Lyran Alliance

Posted 02 March 2022 - 01:25 PM

Pity there's no mention of new chassis... sigh :(

#165 The winter wolf

• Pip
  • Ironclad
  • Ironclad
  • 15 posts

Posted 02 March 2022 - 01:32 PM

Make my mech special please!

#166 w0qj

• The Territorial
  • The Territorial
  • 3,411 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationAt your 6 :)

Posted 02 March 2022 - 01:56 PM

+1000000000000000
I fully support Joatmon's motion as below!!

ie:
a) MMMS (Make My Mech Special) --> +30% CBills bonus to any Standard Variant mech of your choice
https://mwomercs.com...-favorite-mechs

b ) Champion mechs revamp: --> +CBills & + GXP bonus to all Champion mechs
https://mwomercs.com...uses-xp-bonuses

c) MWO please confirm that Annual (Loyalty) Rewards Programme 2022 would count this:
(i) Award past Loyalty mechs of our choice, and
(ii) Ultimate Mech Packs (or 2x Collector's Mech Pack) would count

View PostJOATMON Incorporated, on 01 March 2022 - 11:25 AM, said:

2. Please take a long hard look at how the S Special mechs are made available. Specifically which mechs are available as S grades. Events like Bundles of Joy,Love,Luck etc are a great opportunity to bring out new and older S grade mechs. You know what isn't nearly as great for these events? Hero Mechs! Because you can just buy hero mechs at any time in game, or wait till they go on sale in game and then buy them. Hero mechs are an issue of cost effectiveness not availability.
Meanwhile there are a LOT of existing S grades that are just straight up impossible to get for a player unless you just happened to be around at the right time at the right year to buy them. For day 1 veterans that isn't an issue, but for newer players, there are tons of mechs they just can't get as an S version no matter how much they want it.
I love what you tried to do with the platinum packs. Please bring back older S grades via something similar maybe via a Silver pack. I will also say to anyone claiming that putting out such packs as being unfair to folks who bought earlier packs, You have had how long to enjoy them now? 10 years for founders so far. with probably another 3 to go. Putting the same mechs out again now as packs out now with a likely life span of 3 years would not be unreasonable, also the original paint jobs would be different than bunch of new silver mechs.

3. The Make My Mech Special (MMMS) proposal is very interesting and I fully support it. As a means to enable it, would it be possible to introduce a sort of single shot hanging 20% Cbill mod, and a single shot standing 20% cbill mod that are unable to be placed into any Hero Champion or Special mechs? Once placed they would unable to be moved. This would allow us the coveted max 40% C Bill gain without requiring any new mechs.

4. Annual Reward program needs a total overhaul. Your actual gifts, ie holiday gifts have always been greatly appreciated! Thank you greatly for those! In regards to the annual rewards, I know some people also view these as gifts. But your title of Annual Rewards along with the requirements of purchases places this much more firmly in the category of a Frequent Flyers program. It is time to formally treat it as such. People need to know what is expected to qualify and for what they are qualifying before they are doing any purchases. A simple system of Total Spent equals Total End of Year Points, which players can then use to buy New and Old end of year mechs or other things (S mechs, heros, mech bays etc) would be a much more predictable and sustainable system.

If you don't see the importance of this, let me tell you a little story here. I had a MWO account that I started several years ago. In late 2020, early 2021 I was finally able to bring two good friends into the game. One friend loves dervishes and catapults, the other loves the direwolf. They both got involved with the game but both put up sizable investments for it. Case in point, the direwolf pilot owns almost all the hero mechs, and definitely owns every single color you have in the game. Well we found out about the end of year awards while looking through the profile pages on the website, and did a bit of google work and decided that since the 3 of played together all the time, we wanted to get a fun 85 ton mech that would support ECM, Direct fire, and LRM capability. That way all 3 of us could use the exact same chassis but have totally different loadouts but still keep our usual desired play styles. We identified the stalker 3FB as the best candidate. We looked at the annual rewards to see what was required to acquire it and then over the course of the year proceeded to acquire all the requirements for it. We had it fully unlocked for two of us, and the two of us were then helping the third friend make her progress for it as well via gifting. As you can imagine there was bit of surprise when this last years annual rewards were announced. We were happy that new variants were added to the games ecosystem, but our project and planning was completely in shambles. To say this was a hit to the unit morale would be a bit of an understatement. If PGI needs to confirm this, they can go check time played as well as additional purchase rates for our unit members pre and post annual awards.

Edited by w0qj, 02 March 2022 - 02:00 PM.

#167 Gas Guzzler

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 14,250 posts
  • LocationCalifornia Central Coast

Posted 02 March 2022 - 02:51 PM

View PostBig-G, on 02 March 2022 - 01:25 PM, said:

Pity there's no mention of new chassis... sigh Posted Image

There was a teaser image of a new chassis concept art so it seems likely.

View PostNightbird, on 02 March 2022 - 12:47 PM, said:

This 3/22 items should probably be changed to TBD:
Russian Localization and 4 Game Open Beta

Talk about tough luck. Small company invests in market to bring community product to foreign country -> said foreign country decides to go nuts.

Hard to swallow that pill of wasting all the effort I would imagine.

#168 Nightbird

• The God of Death
  • The God of Death
  • 7,518 posts

Posted 02 March 2022 - 03:23 PM

Could target Japan instead, they love stompy robots.

#169 minnowzzz

• PipPipPip
  • The Stryker
  • The Stryker
  • 60 posts

Posted 02 March 2022 - 06:27 PM

View PostGas Guzzler, on 02 March 2022 - 02:51 PM, said:

Talk about tough luck. Small company invests in market to bring community product to foreign country -> said foreign country decides to go nuts.

Hard to swallow that pill of wasting all the effort I would imagine.

Additionally I think the company that bought PGI is the one handling that, I think PGI has no direct control over that

#170 MW Waldorf Statler

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,457 posts
  • LocationGermany/Berlin

Posted 03 March 2022 - 01:54 AM

View PostNightbird, on 02 March 2022 - 03:23 PM, said:

Could target Japan instead, they love stompy robots.

yes ,its give a own
special BT Japan Version ...japan love more the newer organic Robot Manga style

http://jubei.ceyah.o.../~jandrese/jbt/

Posted Image

Posted Image

Edited by MW Waldorf Statler, 03 March 2022 - 02:58 AM.

#171 jesue

Rookie

• 9 posts

Posted 03 March 2022 - 02:12 AM

does anyone know why there are no new packs on steam ?.
there is only the hero pack and i already have it .
it was on last year´s road map and i don´t know if it´s something
i should stop waiting for.
thanks for mw5 and for a magnificent job.

#172 MW Waldorf Statler

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,457 posts
  • LocationGermany/Berlin

Posted 03 March 2022 - 03:00 AM

View Postjesue, on 03 March 2022 - 02:12 AM, said:

does anyone know why there are no new packs on steam ?.
there is only the hero pack and i already have it .
it was on last year´s road map and i don´t know if it´s something
i should stop waiting for.
thanks for mw5 and for a magnificent job.

while its only a very very small team now 4 guys and 2 from it in Fulltime im heard ,and the coudron Freelancer Team for new ideas and editing of XML Files and Balancing and each further work on MW5 it is stopped from EG7thats now the Buyer of PGI and MW5/MWO.

Edited by MW Waldorf Statler, 03 March 2022 - 03:01 AM.

#173 DeadWeight18

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Silent Killer
  • The Silent Killer
  • 263 posts
  • LocationLuxembourg

Posted 03 March 2022 - 03:34 AM

What about a Bundles of Fear in October ?

#174 -P U R E-

• PipPipPip
  • The Predator
  • The Predator
  • 71 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationWarsaw

Posted 03 March 2022 - 06:25 AM

I still don't get why you guys in PGI keep supporting ''reskin mechs/new chassis as a content''.
Game needs serious modes change ( including FP Dominatom timer/circle fix ), spawn location fix, invisible walls on Alpine, Ruberllite or Tourmaline. Some minimal effort with QoL changes. New ''mekpek'' gives nothing to playerbase. Mechs =/= content. Bundles =/= content.
You keep sayin' for 1,5 years that ''there si no resources''. If there would be a will to change stuff there would be ''resources''.
Your only resouorce is playerbase and it keeps shrinking again.

#175 Glaive-

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Storm
  • Storm
  • 951 posts
  • LocationIn a cave

Posted 03 March 2022 - 07:13 AM

Wow, I really wasn't expecting to see a new mech coming, or teased.

I think Matt or one of the other PGI staff mentioned they were originally going to work in the Phoenix Hawk IIC right before everyone was switched over to Mech5, so I wouldn't be surprised if it ended up being that mech.

On the other hand, so many people have been asking for the Crusader, so it would not only probably sell better, but could be slotted into MW5 if PGI wanted

#176 ScrapIron Prime

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 4,814 posts
  • LocationSmack dab in the middle of Ohio

Posted 03 March 2022 - 07:15 AM

The game is free to play. Mech packs keep the lights on. It's what they offer in addition to the mech sales that holds our attention, but it's the mech packs and other sales that pay the developers.

#177 Glaive-

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Storm
  • Storm
  • 951 posts
  • LocationIn a cave

Posted 03 March 2022 - 07:30 AM

Thing is, I really didn't think they had the staff available to make more mechs. By the EG7 report it really sounded like most of their team was moved to working on the LotR game.
If that's not the case, then my guess is some of the MW5 team (who were originally on the MWO team) are making the mech for both games. Hence why it very well could be the Crusader rather than the Phoenix Hawk IIC.

#178 Rhaelcan

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Contaminator
  • Contaminator
  • 321 posts

Posted 03 March 2022 - 03:32 PM

For those who are 'dissapointed', they said the road map is a WIP, not complete right now. If it is added to the map, it will be in the game.

#179 Tenchuu

• PipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 25 posts
  • LocationHouston, TX

Posted 03 March 2022 - 07:17 PM

Please, for the love of all that's good and holy, make a scaling UI a thing. I literally have to lean in and squint to read anything in the mech bay at 1440 and I have been for several years. And there's still a bug where the weapon assignments will show up on top of other screens if you change from it to them.

#180 Angrius Windstorm

• PipPip
  • The Ironclad
  • The Ironclad
  • 34 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 04 March 2022 - 04:59 AM

I appreciate your work Matt, Daeron and team. You are an OG. But I was hoping for more. Hopefully this becomes more fleshed out over time.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users