Time To Say Bye Bye

55 replies to this topic

#1 MadBede

• PipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 27 posts

Posted 13 January 2022 - 06:10 PM

I love Mechs but i hate BS this game become. Time to move away from mess MWO become.
-snipers in every match, you cant move in open, you cant peak
-extreme damage alpha everyone can bring to the match, zero room for error. Or you swarm with team or you get rekt asap
-12-0 0-12 all day long, no balance in teams
-lights running rampart
-assault only camps, they move they get fkd by snipers, poptarts loaded to brim with heavy weapons
-new map just for fast mechs, you can sneak around and farm from behind, great idea, give lights more fun, spit on slow mechs
-models hit boxes from hell, one mech can eat dumb amount of punishment (all small designs) biggies no matter where to shot you rekt them, hihi fun to play King Crab or Marauder or Anihillator , 100 tomes of joke.
-MG no heat, no cd on reload just keep finger om trigger, sure sure
-LRM turned to useless poo, try go with LRM, someone will MG your mech in 5 sec , no problem
-ECM, Stealth spam one one team when other got none..fun 12-0 inc
PGI went for mech packs to farm cash, balance went to hell, game is just boring.
Hope one day Devs will open eyes and do something.

#2 Battlemaster56

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Pack Leader
  • Pack Leader
  • 2,870 posts
  • LocationOn the not so distant moon on Endor

Posted 13 January 2022 - 06:16 PM

Can I have your stuff

#3 Bud Crue

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 9,935 posts
  • LocationOn the farm in central Minnesota

Posted 13 January 2022 - 06:18 PM

Was going to try and talk you down, to write a point by point response to your tirade and attempt to use reasoned analysis and perhaps some slight agreement with some aspects of it to perhaps mitigate your obviously strong feelings.

But then I saw the line about Annihilators being 100 tones of joke and decided that there is no point. If you are crazy enough to hold such a point of view there is nothing I can say that will be helpful here. God's speed.

#4 pattonesque

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,427 posts

Posted 13 January 2022 - 06:18 PM

see you in a month or two lol

View PostBud Crue, on 13 January 2022 - 06:18 PM, said:

But then I saw the line about Annihilators being 100 tones of joke and decided that there is no point. If you are crazy enough to hold such a point of view there is nothing I can say that will be helpful here. God's speed.

wait I just saw this lol. my dude MadBede Annis are top, top-tier mechs, this sounds like a you problem

Edited by pattonesque, 13 January 2022 - 06:19 PM.

#5 Ken Harkin

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 367 posts
  • LocationLong Island, New York, USA

Posted 13 January 2022 - 07:25 PM

So basically you want to be able to run across open ground in a 100 ton mech and not get shot to pieces by every enemy who sees you... The game has its problems but your expectations appear unrealistic.

#6 MrMadguy

• 2,212 posts

Posted 13 January 2022 - 07:47 PM

I would just quit back in old times, but today PSR is balanced and you're allowed to eventually drop to lower Tier, where quality of matches is better. Tier 3 matches are almost unplayable now, like if it would be top of Tier 1. But Tier 4 is much better. Yeah, sometimes even Tier 4 starts to be unplayable, like it was during NY holidays. But then situation changed back to very good. So, just don't bother about your PSR. If you lose or you're stomped - just move on and start next match. Always remember, that very bad match - is big PSR drop for you. And it's just one step forward to good game. Yeah, if your skill allows you to play in higher Tiers, then you would fluctuate between Tiers, as I do, that looks weird. But that's it. We have to deal with it.

#7 SharDar

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 148 posts

Posted 13 January 2022 - 08:04 PM

I rage quit about a year ago and recently came back. I know the frustration. I feel it too. I find that I'm getting better and learning to operate within the constraints of the current meta. I also find that it is more fun to play at different times of the day, favoring morning (EDT) and early afternoons.

I hope you find your way back. If you'd like a buddy to play with, reach out to me.

If you're dropping solo in an Annihilator, you are going to have a tough time of it. I favor light and medium mechs so I can adjust to the flow of the game. When I drop in a heavy or assault mech, I get out of position too often. Maybe try a lighter mech?

#8 ScrapIron Prime

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 4,880 posts
  • LocationSmack dab in the middle of Ohio

Posted 13 January 2022 - 08:37 PM

View PostSharDar, on 13 January 2022 - 08:04 PM, said:

If you're dropping solo in an Annihilator, you are going to have a tough time of it. I favor light and medium mechs so I can adjust to the flow of the game. When I drop in a heavy or assault mech, I get out of position too often. Maybe try a lighter mech?

This. I rarely run anything that moves less than 60 kph if I drop solo. There's just too much chance of being left behind by the team to die.

Otherwise... no. Snipers aren't a plague, they're just part of the game, as are small fast mechs. Be aware, shoot them too.

I'm trying to figure what kind of mech loadout would fall prey to both snipers and fast guys that has resulted in so many bad games for the OP. I'm guessing, from the points made, that the OP prefers slow mechs loaded with LRMs and this isn't working out well.

I love my old mech builds too. But when the meta changes, its often time to re-assess what I'm dropping in and update my stable of go-to designs. I only have one LRM boat left, and yes, sometimes I get creamed in it. But I don't blame the game itself.

Anyway, as SharDar said... godspeed, and may we see you again some day!

#9 Vexistential

• Pip
  • Philanthropist
  • 18 posts

Posted 14 January 2022 - 12:25 AM

Yeah, bro, this game is tough. Really, really tough. There are some serious issues, mostly due to low player count as far as I reckon, but this game is also strangely thrilling.

You're not going to become a stat monster, unless you sit up in your direwolf and have your flanks protected. This isn't Quake or Unreal Tournament. I will certainly say it's no battle royale. I like to play drunk, sometimes, and my play suffers for it. One mistake. This is a game of teamwork, which is largely lacking, but can come together in a fascinating way.

This is a game where, if the best joined it, it would be elevated to staggering heights. Imagine a coordinated team firing on a point that allowed you to cut your enemies hit points by an eighth... Actually, very few people fire at the CT, so less than that. This game is crazy. CRAZY.

And its a damn shame to see you go, but I understand. I only started a few months ago, after buying Mechwarrior 5. I started to youtube that. I found Baradul. Then TTB. Then NGNG, Tom's Gaming, D A T A, and The B33F, the glorious beef. For both you and all the others I mentioned I don't think I've ever played against any of you, but I wish for your, specific, return.

I only started a few months ago, but this is an interesting game. A game where one player cannot win by themselves. A game where we need both lambs and wolves, and where the lambs can cut the tendons of wolves as plainly as day. The wolves are still wolves, but we are all people. Mechwarriors. To break the metaphor. This is not intended to be anything other than a metaphor on Lights and Assaults, by the way. We have some screaming hounds on either side of this. Pay attention to their loyalties.

We play a game of tactics and teamwork and positioning, and, to a much lesser extent, aiming, and we are concerned when our team and tactics and positioning are not ideal and we lose?

This isn't a FPS which cares about you, specifically. You cannot respawn. You cannot win the day. This isn't a battle royale. This is war.

#10 Curccu

• Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 4,623 posts

Posted 14 January 2022 - 04:14 AM

Was going to try and talk you down, to write a point by point response to your tirade and attempt to use reasoned analysis and perhaps some slight agreement with some aspects of it to perhaps mitigate your obviously strong feelings. But then I saw the line about Annihilators being 100 tones of joke and decided that there is no point. If you are crazy enough to hold such a point of view there is nothing I can say that will be helpful here. God's speed.

Bit same but if dude whines about max alpha all the way and MGs in next sentence....

dude is clearly pure lurmer who likes to walk on open areas with 100 ton lurm mech... alone.

#11 w0qj

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 3,586 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationAt your 6 :)

Posted 14 January 2022 - 04:48 AM

Different tiers play differently... and if you don't care about your win/loss ratio, don't care about kill/death ratio... this game can be fun, strange as it may seem!

T5: What's that player with no red rectangle, his he my team mate? (Seconds before I blasted him into oblivion).

T4: ECM is the best! And your 12-man team goes off in different directions on the map.

T3: You start to get punished for obvious mistakes; it's painful enough for me already.

T2/T1: I'll let others chime in ;)

The point is, just find a Tier that you would have fun playing in!

I'm in T4 and occasionally T3, dutifully leveling up my 100+ unskilled mechs and...cough...dying...
And I still don't have my Ace of Spades (8 kills in QP) yet, so surely I'm not that good (usually 3-4 kills and I'll be jumping up and down in joy!).

So suggest you (MadBede) take a deep breath, examine what you really wish for from this game (fun and get killed? or amazing W/L & K/D ratio)? If W/L & K/D ratios are a struggle, then perhaps it's time relax just sit back and have some fun!

For the record, I believe that if I play only my favorite mechs over and over again, I can get up to T2.
But what's the point, if you lose the fun while struggling to achieve T2? ymmv

#12 Chnmmr

Rookie

• Little Helper
  • 3 posts

Posted 14 January 2022 - 04:53 AM

Lights are in an awkward situation. Without melee, the main means of dealing with leg hugging lights is gone. And by making your tier progress heavily based on damage and kills, lights are forced into aggressive knife fighting roles. Add to the fact that that the people don't seem to generally like playing the game mode, lights are pushed away from scouting, capping, harassing and towards full on aggressiveness.

LRMs are fine as you should have some sort of back up weapon to defend yourself when LRMs won't do it, and stay with the group as you can. ECM is an odd one as they behave in this game differently to what they should.

MY pet peeve is assaults who hang back to LRM/Snipe. All that armour is wasted that could be in the front with the team but isn't.

Unfortunately the matchmaker is 'special' due to a number of reasons include low player population. This inevitably results in 0-12 and 12-0 matches, and quite often strings of them. But then you get amazing games where one side wins by hair and just about everyone had fun. It's a toss up and part of that is dependent on the people you end up grouping with and whether they coordinate or not.

#13 Apteko

• PipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted 14 January 2022 - 05:25 AM

> Unfortunately the matchmaker is 'special'

If you experience (and I do) about quarter of all matches being close and entertaining, another quarter being roflstomps and the rest in 4-12 - 8-12 range, then matchmaker works more or less fine.
Such distribution is almost inevitable for games with lots of random factors (with consequences that snowball) and means that three quarters of all matches are reasonable. You'll see the same picture in lots of other multiplayer titles.

P.s.: Damn, I've expected anything, but not "MG OP" argument from topic starter.

Edited by Apteko, 14 January 2022 - 05:26 AM.

#14 Saved By The Bell

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 718 posts
  • LocationJapan

Posted 14 January 2022 - 07:31 AM

I played several weeks from different account in Tier5 and Tier4.

Well after Tier 1 it was a huge difference.

Many LRM, bad shoots, bad players.

You going by flea and shoot assault in back. No response. You shoot again and again. No response. He is dead. Go to next assault, shoot in back, no response. All team shooting somewhere, while you just behind them...

I was running in Catapult LRM mech. When pirana was running to me. I thought I was dead... No... pirana surprised by my powerless alone lrm mech and suddenly run away.

Shooting LRM from 0-50m.

Shooting MRM, mlasers from 1000m.

Shooting is terrible. Coordination is terrible. No nascar.

All is so terrible so its fun.

I see, many players like such "fun".

Edited by Saved By The Bell, 14 January 2022 - 07:39 AM.

#15 DaZur

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 7,511 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 14 January 2022 - 07:53 AM

Posted Image

#16 Relishcakes

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Solitary
  • The Solitary
  • 337 posts

Posted 14 January 2022 - 04:59 PM

Do a flip!

#17 dubstep albatross

• PipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 60 posts

Posted 15 January 2022 - 11:25 PM

View PostApteko, on 14 January 2022 - 05:25 AM, said:

If you experience (and I do) about quarter of all matches being close and entertaining, another quarter being roflstomps and the rest in 4-12 - 8-12 range, then matchmaker works more or less fine.
Such distribution is almost inevitable for games with lots of random factors (with consequences that snowball) and means that three quarters of all matches are reasonable. You'll see the same picture in lots of other multiplayer titles.

Using data from games (n = 1273) where all pilots on the defeated team were eliminated, I built the first bar chart below. The x-axis is the number of surviving victory-team pilots. So, the 12 column represents the percentage of 12-0 (or 0-12 depending on which side of it you were on) games. These data span tiers three through five, and have been collected since March 2021.

4-12 games are the most common, with 5-12 just behind. That tracks with my intuitive feel. Those two outcomes account for approximately 28% of the games. Complete rolls (0-12) are approximately one percent. The down-to-the-last-man ones (11-12) are approximately three percent.

I built another bar chart using your (as I interpret it) segmentation. See the second chart. I think your cut points make sense. By your segmentation, there are essentially twice as many roflstomps as there are close games (28% vs 14%). I do not point this out to dispute what you said as much as tie the phenomenon you describe to real data. Real data I have collected from games I have played, anyway.

Posted Image

Posted Image

#18 Blood Rose

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 989 posts
  • LocationHalf a mile away in a Gausszilla

Posted 16 January 2022 - 04:48 AM

He makes some good points about the insane sniper and PPFLD meta, but loses it all with his rants on lightmechs, MG's and crying about assaults.

#19 Weeny Machine

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 4,014 posts
  • LocationAiming for the flat top (B. Murray)

Posted 16 January 2022 - 05:18 AM

-lights running rampart

Jup, they are so op that they are the no. 1 class being played...usually 7-9 mechs in matches are light mechs. Nerf them!11!!!

#20 Apteko

• PipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted 16 January 2022 - 05:39 AM

> I built another bar chart

Oh, thanks, that is awesome and informative.
What I wanted to point out in my first comment was normal distribution of results so even with perfect matchmaking most matches can't be close ones. And "quarter" was taken straight from "feels about right" zone, so it is not very surprising that my approximation happen to be quite imprecise.

What I didn't think of back then is that peak of resulting curve can be shifted from 6-12 and there is no single reason for curve to be symmetrical - after first few pickoffs winning team has pretty damn good chance to crush their opponents.
And I guess, this proportion between roflstomps and close games can be explained with the fact that basically any random imperfection lowers the chance of game being close. And there is nothing that increases this chance if we assume that matchmaking works fine and tries to create balanced initial state, which can't be improved by random factors/relatively small player base/e.t.c. e.t.c. (due to it being balanced), but always can get worse.

Edited by Apteko, 16 January 2022 - 05:40 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users