151 replies to this topic

#21 Kodan Black

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The People's Hero
  • The People
  • 375 posts
  • LocationMassachusetts, USA

Posted 28 March 2022 - 05:16 AM

Not sure why people are so in love with this specific chassis, but I'm happy to be getting a new one.

#22 ScrapIron Prime

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 4,748 posts
  • LocationSmack dab in the middle of Ohio

Posted 28 March 2022 - 05:24 AM

Posted Image

Thanks PGI, been asking for this iconic mech for years. Just quirk it out like a tanky version of a Dervish and I think you'll have a lot of satisfied customers! Can't wait!

#23 C337Skymaster

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 1,450 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 28 March 2022 - 05:26 AM

In case anyone's curious, the totally unique variants from TROs 3039, 3075, and 3085, are:
3R (base variant. Can technically be built on the 3L or 2R, but that hurts marketing) (4M, 2E, 2B)
2R (extra pair of "leg", now torso, missile hardpoints) (6M, 2E, 2B)
3L (3R with jump jets) (4M, 2E, 2B, 4JJ)
5K (Jump Jets with energy in torso hardpoints) (2M, 4E, 4JJ)
5M (AMS, Jump Jets, extra RA energy hardpoint) (AMS, 4M, 3E, 1B, 4JJ)
7L (Stealth Armor, CT/HD Energy) (ECM, 4M, 2E)

It's anyone's guess which variant they won't include, but maybe it'll be a Loyalty 'mech? Posted Image

EDIT: the 6T isn't in any of the record sheets, as it's a new addition from the Recognition Guides in the last year or two. This is the variant with 12 medium lasers and two flamers (14E). I'm guessing that'll be a shoe-in, because that's the variant that seems to have the forums the most excited.

If they give the 3R inflated missile hardpoints in the torsos and 4 JJ slots, then they can exclude the 3L and 2R and leave room in the lineup. The inflated hardpoints I can see. Adding JJ where they don't normally exist I cannot.

Edited by C337Skymaster, 28 March 2022 - 10:44 AM.

#24 C337Skymaster

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 1,450 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 28 March 2022 - 05:34 AM

View PostKodan Black, on 28 March 2022 - 05:16 AM, said:

Not sure why people are so in love with this specific chassis, but I'm happy to be getting a new one.

This particular chassis is "the most numerous heavy 'mech across the Inner Sphere". It's also one of the last remaining Macross designs that PGI hasn't managed to incorporate into MWO, yet. Apart from that, it's the same nostalgia factor that made MWO possible in the first place. :) I would imagine all of the TRO 3025 designs hold similar levels of pull, if for no other reason than "they were the first ones".

Now, if the remaining community can get PGI to add 'mechs, potential-sales-be-darned, then we may eventually see the Stinger, Wasp, Valkyrie, and Clint. I don't personally own TRO 3025, but those are the only other ones I've heard people talking about, so they're the only ones I could ever see happening. The problem is, there's basically only a single set of hardpoints that handles every possible variation of each one of them, which is why they're not in MWO so far. Given how many variants I found of the Crusader, though, I can't say the same for that one. Literally the only post-Civil War variant is the one with Stealth Armor.

View PostTheUltimateGhost, on 28 March 2022 - 04:27 AM, said:

I really hope the 14 Energy will be a thing...

Which one is that? I don't see it on Sarna or in any of my record sheets...

#25 All Your Bases

• PipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 50 posts

Posted 28 March 2022 - 05:36 AM

Hoping this will quite the naggers a bit. Been getting tired of the "MWO is dead" whiny crowd.

#26 Nightbird

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The God of Death
  • The God of Death
  • 7,518 posts

Posted 28 March 2022 - 05:46 AM

I hope the mech dads come through in buying this mech, because it's not gonna be a performer and not gonna sell well to the try hards.

#27 ScrapIron Prime

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 4,748 posts

Posted 28 March 2022 - 06:15 AM

View PostNightbird, on 28 March 2022 - 05:46 AM, said:

I hope the mech dads come through in buying this mech, because it's not gonna be a performer and not gonna sell well to the try hards.

Its performance (and to a lesser extent popularity) will depend entirely on quirks, like pretty much every other mech. If they want it to be a solid seller outside of the MechDad crowd, it needs solid quirks. We shall see.

Edited by ScrapIron Prime, 28 March 2022 - 06:18 AM.

#28 Ch_R0me

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Named
  • The Named
  • 609 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationIn DireStar with Heavy Naval PPC

Posted 28 March 2022 - 06:41 AM

View PostScrapIron Prime, on 28 March 2022 - 06:15 AM, said:

Its performance (and to a lesser extent popularity) will depend entirely on quirks, like pretty much every other mech. If they want it to be a solid seller outside of the MechDad crowd, it needs solid quirks. We shall see.

I hope that Cauldron would get up to the task...

#29 Nightbird

• The God of Death
  • The God of Death
  • 7,518 posts

Posted 28 March 2022 - 06:43 AM

View PostScrapIron Prime, on 28 March 2022 - 06:15 AM, said:

It'll be hard to quirk sufficiently for having prongs for CT and STs on top that are easy to isolate. Lots of weapon are arm mounts., and the hardpoint selection is similar to the Archer. For people that don't want to use missiles, there's not enough E and B slots to make a lot of other builds. We'll see.

#30 martian

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,578 posts

Posted 28 March 2022 - 06:50 AM

View PostNightbird, on 28 March 2022 - 06:43 AM, said:

It'll be hard to quirk sufficiently for having prongs for CT and STs on top that are easy to isolate. Lots of weapon are arm mounts., and the hardpoint selection is similar to the Archer. For people that don't want to use missiles, there's not enough E and B slots to make a lot of other builds. We'll see.

We do not know, what Crusader variants PGI will offer. It is possible that some PGI-designed variants could have some unusual combination of hardpoints.

#31 RacerX

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 390 posts

Posted 28 March 2022 - 06:53 AM

What exactly is the "mech dad" crowd?

I'm excited to see this. It's about time we got a new mech and not just another variant. I have enjoyed the re-imagined Macross designs that have made it into the game. I hope the Longbow is next on the list.

#32 IronWolfPack64

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2023 Top 12 Qualifier
  • CS 2023 Top 12 Qualifier
  • 269 posts

Posted 28 March 2022 - 06:59 AM

So hyped for this! Thank you PGI! Y’all deserve some praise for this!

#33 TunaFist88

• PipPip
  • 23 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 28 March 2022 - 07:10 AM

Malibu Stacy with a new hat?

Grand Dragon and Thunderbolt 10SE were joy short-lived, so why another 'new' IS heavy? I know leg hardpoints for missiles sets Crusaders apart. Does the order of layers in a 7-layer burrito matter when it's the same form? Endgame players may not see much allure if not unique hardpoints, as no updates include new tech.

I think the art looks good as PGI revision. Though the artist keeps familiar curves like an 80's gimmick action figure with recast limbs, this does look like a new mech. Nodding to the '*inspirations* this old mech has had, this preview is an amalgam of BT timeline. Cheers to the use of CRD-3/5 arms, "Snork" antenna, and (JJ?) shoulders. Jeers to head shape and cockpit what seems CRD-6/7/8 Jihad+ I would have preferred to see the circle-inside-the-square veagle/cyclops look of cockpit BT 2nd-3rd edition. Maybe different variants of the chassis will have diff arms/head appearance like the Corsair?

Edited by TunaFist88, 28 March 2022 - 07:12 AM.

#34 Nightbird

• The God of Death
  • The God of Death
  • 7,518 posts

Posted 28 March 2022 - 07:12 AM

View PostRacerX, on 28 March 2022 - 06:53 AM, said:

What exactly is the "mech dad" crowd?

The part of the player base that buys mechs more based on nostalgia than performance.

#35 GaelicWolf

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hungry
  • The Hungry
  • 150 posts
  • LocationStuck somewhere between a Fantasy and Reality

Posted 28 March 2022 - 07:35 AM

View PostNightbird, on 28 March 2022 - 07:12 AM, said:

The part of the player base that buys mechs more based on nostalgia than performance.

And that's a problem how?
Their money helps keep the lights on just as well as the tryhards.

#36 Buenaventura

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 540 posts
  • LocationDuisburg, Germany

Posted 28 March 2022 - 07:42 AM

View PostC337Skymaster, on 28 March 2022 - 05:34 AM, said:

Which one is that? I don't see it on Sarna or in any of my record sheets...

CRD-6T:

Another Kallon variant has a top speed of 86 km/h thanks to an XL Engine. Each arm carries six Medium Lasers and the leg mounted weapons are a Flamer in each hip mount. Seventeen double heat sinks struggle to keep things cool, but twelve and a half tons of armor protect the 'Mech. A C3 Slave unit is mounted in the head, allowing this Crusader to share targeting data.

They'd have to replace the C3 Slave, but it's not like they didn't do that before. And that would be a really unique variant.

Edited by Buenaventura, 28 March 2022 - 07:43 AM.

#37 Nightbird

• The God of Death
  • The God of Death
  • 7,518 posts

Posted 28 March 2022 - 07:46 AM

View PostGaelicWolf, on 28 March 2022 - 07:35 AM, said:

And that's a problem how?
Their money helps keep the lights on just as well as the tryhards.

Never said it's a problem, I said earlier this mech will need them to step in to make the sale successful. A mech that both mech dads and try hards would buy would sell even better, but the die has been cast.

Edited by Nightbird, 28 March 2022 - 07:55 AM.

#38 w0qj

• The Territorial
  • The Territorial
  • 3,369 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationAt your 6 :)

Posted 28 March 2022 - 07:59 AM

Crusader: mech quirk: +1 Beagle Active Probe quirk built-in.

You can also add/stack in an actual Beagle Active Probe to enjoy 2x Beagle Active Probe function in the Crusader!!

ie: almost like a Bloodhound Active Probe!

#39 FLG 01

• Leutnant
  • Leutnant
  • 2,646 posts

Posted 28 March 2022 - 08:38 AM

View PostNightbird, on 28 March 2022 - 06:43 AM, said:

For people that don't want to use missiles, there's not enough E and B slots to make a lot of other builds. We'll see.

The CRD-6T has 8 14 energy hardpoints (2 in the legs-->sts, 12 in the arms), plus a big engine.

I could see it work, although it will surely need quirks. But it is not as hopeless as some other units we got...

_

Edited by FLG 01, 28 March 2022 - 08:53 AM.

#40 ScrapIron Prime

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 4,748 posts

Posted 28 March 2022 - 08:48 AM

View PostFLG 01, on 28 March 2022 - 08:38 AM, said:

The CRD-6T has 8 energy hardpoints (2 in the legs-->sts, 6 in the arms), plus a big engine.

I could see it work, although it will surely need quirks. But it is not as hopeless as some other units we got...

14 energy hardpoints.

"Each arm carries six Medium Lasers and the leg mounted weapons are a Flamer in each hip mount."

I can hear the rage about OP-ness already. Like a 65 tonner could somehow zip up behind you like a piranha. Posted Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users