Crusader Preorder Is Coming This Week!

151 replies to this topic

#41 FLG 01

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Leutnant
  • Leutnant
  • 2,646 posts

Posted 28 March 2022 - 08:51 AM

Right, that's what 6 hours of teaching math on a Monday will do to your brain Posted Image

But yes, this variant could work.

#42 Nightbird

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The God of Death
  • The God of Death
  • 7,518 posts

Posted 28 March 2022 - 09:01 AM

14E can work, if this variant is selected and the arms aren't too wide and low https://mwo.nav-alph...c4e14238_CUSTOM

Edited by Nightbird, 28 March 2022 - 01:02 PM.

#43 martian

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,786 posts

Posted 28 March 2022 - 09:05 AM

View PostScrapIron Prime, on 28 March 2022 - 08:48 AM, said:

14 energy hardpoints.

"Each arm carries six Medium Lasers and the leg mounted weapons are a Flamer in each hip mount."

I can hear the rage about OP-ness already. Like a 65 tonner could somehow zip up behind you like a piranha. Posted Image

"Nerf light 'Mechs ... and Crusader!" Posted Image

#44 Odanan

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 8,199 posts
  • LocationBrazil

Posted 28 March 2022 - 09:57 AM

View Postmartian, on 27 March 2022 - 10:40 PM, said:

Could you tell us, if the Crusader will be added to MechWarrior 5: Mercenaries too?

This ^^

Those Popey arms are begging to engage in melee!

#45 P H O T O N

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Wild Dog
  • Wild Dog
  • 119 posts

Posted 28 March 2022 - 10:03 AM

Looks fantastic! Well done PGI - credit where it is due.

#46 Odanan

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 8,199 posts
  • LocationBrazil

Posted 28 March 2022 - 10:10 AM

View PostClay Endfield, on 28 March 2022 - 02:57 AM, said:

If there's a CRD-2R and a CRD-7L, I'm definitely preordering.

2R brings nothing new (since we can upgrade the 3R), but the 7L is really sweet!!!

CRD-7L
Utilizing some of the newest technology available in the Capellan Confederation, the 7L was built by Tao 'Mechworks in 3067. It used Stealth Armor, making it harder to target. The 'Mech also used double heat sinks and is armed with two LRM-15 launchers, two Streak SRM-4 launchers, and two ER Medium Lasers. Finally, the 'Mech carried a Guardian ECM Suite to allow its Stealth Armor to work. In order to make room, the top speed was lowered to 53 km/h by replacing the engine with a Nissan Fusion 195, though jump jets offset that through increased maneuverability.

#47 The Basilisk

• The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 3,270 posts
  • LocationFrankfurt a.M.

Posted 28 March 2022 - 10:15 AM

Awwww, guys....my old cold black heart just became a little warmer while I was all over this beauty. My heartfealt congratulation to the artist.
This is a beautyfull take on the project phoenix design CRD-3R.
A real multytalent.
AC-Arms, PPC Arms, decent ammounts of MRMs, LRMs or even SRM will all be effective possibilitys in this lovely pice of BATTLETECH.
Realy guys I love you for this.

And now ... stfu and take my MONEY!!!!Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

#48 Odanan

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 8,199 posts
  • LocationBrazil

Posted 28 March 2022 - 10:16 AM

View PostRacerX, on 28 March 2022 - 06:53 AM, said:

What exactly is the "mech dad" crowd?

I'm excited to see this. It's about time we got a new mech and not just another variant. I have enjoyed the re-imagined Macross designs that have made it into the game. I hope the Longbow is next on the list.

Longbow and Wasp!

#49 Neutron IX

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 1,018 posts
  • Location"Soylent Green. It's what's for dinner."

Posted 28 March 2022 - 10:29 AM

My money...

It's yours, take it!!!

View PostOdanan, on 28 March 2022 - 10:16 AM, said:

Longbow and Wasp!

And Valkyrie and Stinger!!!

Edited by Neutron IX, 28 March 2022 - 07:12 PM.

#50 C337Skymaster

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 1,450 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 28 March 2022 - 10:36 AM

View PostBuenaventura, on 28 March 2022 - 07:42 AM, said:

CRD-6T:

They'd have to replace the C3 Slave, but it's not like they didn't do that before. And that would be a really unique variant.

Okay, that's what I get for forgetting about the Recognition Guides again. So that expands my list to seven options, of which they'll choose five.

Thanks for pointing me to it! I missed it when I skimmed through Sarna. At least the rest of the Recognition Guides variants all have things like MML's and Superchargers to exclude them from the running.

#51 C337Skymaster

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 1,450 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 28 March 2022 - 10:39 AM

View PostOdanan, on 28 March 2022 - 10:10 AM, said:

2R brings nothing new (since we can upgrade the 3R), but the 7L is really sweet!!!

3R only becomes the 2R if they inflate the torso missile hardpoints by one each. Personally, I rather suspect that they'll inflate the ballistic hardpoints, instead, since other variants provide ample missile or energy capacity already.

#52 C337Skymaster

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 1,450 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 28 March 2022 - 10:59 AM

View PostNightbird, on 28 March 2022 - 06:43 AM, said:

It'll be hard to quirk sufficiently for having prongs for CT and STs on top that are easy to isolate. Lots of weapon are arm mounts., and the hardpoint selection is similar to the Archer. For people that don't want to use missiles, there's not enough E and B slots to make a lot of other builds. We'll see.

There are plenty of 'mechs with similar shortcomings. Phoenix Hawk, Blood Asp, Timber Wolf, Hunchback, etc. It'll be trial-and-error for the first few months, but they'll nail something down eventually.

As for the hardpoints, I think we can fairly well guarantee hardpoint inflation from PGI, as they're known to do that. Most variants already come with 8 offensive hardpoints, so I think it likely to see 10 hardpoints, total, across each chassis. My guess would be to inflate the ballistic hardpoints on the 3R, since the rest of the lineup will be so heavily missile and energy focused. Either that, or there'll be a hero with torso ballistics, possibly excused by "they were leg-mounted machine guns, but MWO --> torso".

The 2R, if added, would provide the main missile focus (I'm personally hoping for inflated torso missiles on the 3R, but I'm suspicious of the inflated ballistics). The 5K would be a torso-energy focus with jump jets. The 6T would be an arm-energy focus without jump jets. The 7L is probably going to be the other most-unique version which would provide for an ECM variant (although stock movement is Dire Wolf speeds).

Edited by C337Skymaster, 28 March 2022 - 11:02 AM.

#53 Nightbird

• The God of Death
  • The God of Death
  • 7,518 posts

Posted 28 March 2022 - 11:01 AM

View PostC337Skymaster, on 28 March 2022 - 10:59 AM, said:

There are plenty of 'mechs with similar shortcomings. Phoenix Hawk, Blood Asp, Timber Wolf, Hunchback, etc.

What...

#54 Will9761

• Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 4,581 posts

Posted 28 March 2022 - 11:06 AM

I'm glad that we got the Crusader, I wish we could get more of the Unseens to come out as well. I would mind seeing more Macross and VMI unseens. The only ones remaining are:

IS:
Wasp
Stinger
Valkyrie
Longbow
Ostsol
Ostroc
Ostscout

Clan:
Baboon (Howler)
Horned Owl (Peregrine)
Locust IIC
Shadow Hawk IIC
Griffin IIC
Conjurer/Wolverine IIC (Hellhound)
Bane (Kraken)
Phoenix Hawk IIC
Stone Rhino (Behemoth)

#55 suum74

• PipPipPip
  • The Blazing
  • The Blazing
  • 76 posts
  • Location»Hoho! Afraskai kuku!«

Posted 28 March 2022 - 11:12 AM

Posted Image
Still working on believing...!
Aaah, the possibilities... Crusaders
I'm hoping for the 6D personally...

#56 shameless

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Undertaker
  • The Undertaker
  • 491 posts

Posted 28 March 2022 - 11:34 AM

will buy. I gave my word, oh so long ago...

#57 Kodan Black

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The People's Hero
  • The People
  • 375 posts
  • LocationMassachusetts, USA

Posted 28 March 2022 - 11:35 AM

Oh, yeah. Totally gonna buy. Looking forward to it.

#58 JOATMON Incorporated

• PipPipPip
  • The Clamps
  • The Clamps
  • 90 posts
  • LocationEarth

Posted 28 March 2022 - 11:46 AM

WOOT! Hurray for the Crusader! Thank you PGI!

I realize adding new mech models into the game is a bit of a resource stretch for your current team. The effort is greatly appreciated!

Thank you again!

#59 Sereglach

• Fire
  • Fire
  • 1,563 posts
  • LocationWherever things are burning.

Posted 28 March 2022 - 11:49 AM

Honestly, I'm more concerned with there being some kind of mech pack addon to put the Crusader into MW5. While I'm happy to hear the Hatchetman is coming to MW5 . . . I'm also a bit sad because there is already an excellent mod that does the same thing with the CGL themed artwork.

I said it from the beginning when you first asked for feedback. Start pumping mech chassis back into MWO and put out $5 ish mech chassis addons for MW5. The art and animation work is already done, you're just getting to cash in on both games with a few tweaks for differences in the engines. There are still plenty of chassis people would love to see. Now that you've announced the Crusader and Hatchetman, I'm personally still looking for the Wasp, Stinger, Mongoose, Clint, Wyvern, Chameleon, and Longbow . . . and that's just from Succession Wars Era Inner Sphere. So much potential still left behind.

#60 AnAnachronismAlive

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 425 posts

Posted 28 March 2022 - 12:00 PM

Can we have a custom Crusader-Hero called "Unicorn" with a rainbow-colored paint-scheme and a sound-item that neighs on kill please?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users