• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Territorial
  • The Territorial
  • 3,419 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationAt your 6 :)

Posted 31 March 2022 - 05:55 PM

SOLD (Ultimate mech pack preorder at full price)!

==> Here's to hoping that MORE mech chassis would be coming!
Phoenix IIC ?
Urbanmech IIC? Posted Image

(Perhaps maximum 1x IS & 1x Clan mech chassis per year would be 'good enough' for me personally;
understand that it's a lot of work, from design to animation, to skinning the mech, to real time damage skin mapping mech too)!

Edited by w0qj, 31 March 2022 - 05:56 PM.

#22 Lionheart2012

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Resolute
  • The Resolute
  • 226 posts

Posted 31 March 2022 - 06:00 PM

View PostCFC Conky, on 31 March 2022 - 04:33 PM, said:

Pricing seems to be a tad steep for the collector’s pack (without boosted variant) but it might sell well.

Admittedly, the early adopter bonuses are pretty juicy.

Good hunting,
CFC Conky

Standard pricing, and more mechs than I received in my marauder pack.

#23 FupDup

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 26,888 posts
  • LocationThe Keeper of Memes

Posted 31 March 2022 - 06:02 PM

A pricing comparison:

Old model: $20 for 3 = $6.67 each
Crusader: $40 for 5 = $8 each

Though really I'm not a fan of either system since you don't need more than 1 variant anymore. I still wish these packs worked as a la carte and just gave you progressively higher rewards as you added more variants (and gave a bulk discount).

#24 w0qj

• The Territorial
  • The Territorial
  • 3,419 posts

Posted 31 March 2022 - 06:10 PM

Some other online games give a very limited special intro price of say 30% discount for buying within 3 days of Crusader Mech Pack intro, for example.

But hey, I'm happy to be proven WRONG by MWO/PGI !!

View Postw0qj, on 26 February 2022 - 12:07 AM, said:

a) 1x new mech chassis deliverable by end-2022: does MWO lack even this confidence?

#25 Clay Endfield

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 172 posts

Posted 31 March 2022 - 06:11 PM

Hmmm... $40 for 5 standard mechs; $70 for 5 standard 2 Special; or a mech variant pack that gets you 2 Special Variants and 2 Normal variants, plus unique cosmetics, for only $20.

Just going by the recent pricing index: it ain't worth it.

Common, guys... I want to support MWO, but this pricing is ridiculous.

If you provide an al carte option for the Standard Variants, I could justify $20 for two mechs. But I can't support this current pricing index in good financial conscience.

Edited by Clay Endfield, 31 March 2022 - 06:17 PM.

#26 Duskwing

• Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 31 March 2022 - 06:26 PM

Hi PGI.

Thank you for the new Crusader mechs coming into MWO. I wanted to share a thought that came into my mind regarding it. Maybe it's good, maybe it's bad, but here goes nothing... Reduced minimum range quirk for Crusader 3R's LRM's. Say, just for an example, by 50%, reducing LRM minimum range down to 90 meters.

Couple of reasons for this even. Lore wise, according to Sarna, the mech was designed for close combat purpose, so having reduced minimum range together with other brawly quirks would make the Crusader 3R both unique and fluff friendly - able to fight in a different way from others equipped like it is... Plus, maybe it would not be used as an MRM-boat that much if it has a combination of quirks that support a up-close and personal fighting style even while using LRM's.

Structure or armor quirks together with reduced minimum range on LRM's, increased machine gun rate of fire, maybe some bit of cooldown/heat reduction or rarer stuff like reduced overheat damage could make a brawly LRM-mech that likes to get into a sweet spot of... From 90+ meters up to the max range of those machine guns and/or medium lasers and SRM6's.

Of course, I don't know how balanced or not this would be, but I hope the thought is worth something. Either as an idea to shoot down or to make the Crusader 3R standout in a good way. Sure, the it's not likely perfect. I could easily see a new trend on LRM boating the Crusader 3R after this and I'm not sure whether it would be too bad of a thing having that low minimum range on a pure LRM-boat or how to mitigate this possible problem... Buuuut it would be a completely new quirk that makes the mech unique. Plus, the "vanilla" 3R loadout would still have a good point in not getting any ghost heat while alpha striking. So if the 3R's get a balanced mix of quirks for the other non-LRM weapon types and survivability, it might see a good bit of use as a multipurpose brawler instead of becoming solely a LRM- or MRM-boat... Just like it's built originally.

But I'll stop the rambling here (for now). If able, I'll buy the pack as thanks for breathing a bit of life into this game. Keep up the good work and all the best to you all there. : )

#27 w0qj

• The Territorial
  • The Territorial
  • 3,419 posts

Posted 31 March 2022 - 06:34 PM

+1
I kinda want the RFL-IIC to get the same treatment as this Crusader,
for the upcoming MWO/Cauldron mech quirk balance for RFL-IIC !

(I now want to buy the RFL-IIC(S) special variant).

View PostFupDup, on 31 March 2022 - 05:53 PM, said:

...I kinda want the RFL-IIC to get the same treatment...

It's not for balance, it's because the stock loadout has a smaller engine on that variant.

Using the normal formula it should've had the same cap as the Rifleman IIC, but PGI was feeling more merciful with this one (I kinda want the RFL-IIC to get the same treatment). ...

Edited by w0qj, 31 March 2022 - 06:34 PM.

#28 Kiiyor

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 5,564 posts
  • LocationSCIENCE.

Posted 31 March 2022 - 06:54 PM

It's not for balance, it's because the stock loadout has a smaller engine on that variant.

Using the normal formula it should've had the same cap as the Rifleman IIC, but PGI was feeling more merciful with this one (I kinda want the RFL-IIC to get the same treatment).

As for quirks, if the mech's model isn't finished yet then it's a lot harder to figure out exactly how strong they'll need to be.

Yeah, good point.

Still like to campaign for a cap increase tho, and I absolutely agree with it for the RiflemanIIC.

A zippy stealth SRM heavy bomber would be fantastically cathartic. Imagine playing pink panther music while you sneak up behind some oblivious sniping assault and gently whisper sweet nothings into their mech-ears... as you do a quick movie style chloroform takedown.

"Shhhh, just dreams now mr BlueLaserDireWolf. Sleep now. Sleeeeeep"

*explosions*

#29 ScrapIron Prime

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 4,818 posts
  • LocationSmack dab in the middle of Ohio

Posted 31 March 2022 - 07:13 PM

PGI knows what competitive quirks look like these days. It should be tougher than a Centurion or Dragon with weapon quirks that make its lore accurate armament meaningful. The more strongly quirked it is, the more they’ll sell.

For those of you on the fence about it, the quirks will be announced before the preorder timer expires.

#30 Bowelhacker

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Hero of Marik
  • Hero of Marik
  • 922 posts
  • LocationKooken's Pleasure Pit

Posted 31 March 2022 - 07:18 PM

Hang on - preorder on April 1st? Hmm...

#31 martian

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,789 posts

Posted 31 March 2022 - 07:55 PM

View PostInnerSphereNews, on 31 March 2022 - 04:23 PM, said:

Greetings MechWarriors,

Greetings!

I have got some questions regarding the Crusader, if you do not mind:

1. Could you tell us, if the Crusader will be added to MechWarrior 5: Mercenaries too?

2. Do you plan to add some CRD-8S-like version with high ballistic hardpoints placed in its side torso or torsos?

3. Would not be a good idea to place the Crusader on the splash screen instead of the Grand Dragon and the Thundebolt that debuted a year ago?

View PostInnerSphereNews, on 31 March 2022 - 04:23 PM, said:

We want these 'Mechs to feel equally as good in-game as they look in the concept art

4. CRD-6T model should have the max engine rating of 390, not 370. Could you correct that typo, please?

#32 Nikolai Jakov

Rookie

• 2 posts

Posted 31 March 2022 - 08:27 PM

No $20 pack eh? Not cool, but that is what cbill releases are for.

#33 Navid A1

• CS 2022 Gold Champ
  • CS 2022 Gold Champ
  • 4,932 posts
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted 31 March 2022 - 09:10 PM

The base 3R variant as the worst of the bunch needs MAJOR offensive boosts, MAJOR defensive boosts, and ammo boosts.

The rest have decent roles and builds.

Edited by Navid A1, 31 March 2022 - 09:10 PM.

#34 Sereglach

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Fire
  • Fire
  • 1,563 posts
  • LocationWherever things are burning.

Posted 31 March 2022 - 09:14 PM

Planning on putting up the MWO armor values, or are we reverting back to 1:1 TT armor numbers? I'm going to assume that's a typo from copy/paste mech data from Sarna, SSW, or similar Battletech data bank.

Also, Crael's Crusader had claws. Now, obviously you've removed them and added 4 extra MG to each arm . . . except that's only adding 2 tons of extra guns on each arm when the claws weigh 5 tons each (claws are 1 ton and 1 crit per 15 tons of mech weight, rounded up). You've got 6 tons of unspent space on the Crael.

A few easy options to fix it, off the top of my head:
- 1 ton of MG ammo and 2 heat sinks in each side torso.
- Half ton Armor, BAP (1.5 tons), and Artemis IV for the missiles (4 tons).
- Change all the MGs to heavy MGs (2.5 tons per arm), remove the MG ammo from CT and put 1 ton in each ST.

The first two ideas are also viable for the hopefully inevitable port of the Crusader into MW5, while the third is not (unless heavy MGs are coming in DLC3). Just throwing that out there.

#35 Heavy Money

• The Marauder
  • 1,275 posts

Posted 31 March 2022 - 09:24 PM

View PostNavid A1, on 31 March 2022 - 09:10 PM, said:

The base 3R variant as the worst of the bunch needs MAJOR offensive boosts, MAJOR defensive boosts, and ammo boosts.

The rest have decent roles and builds.

Please make it good so I can play that Special paintjob and not feel bad :)

#36 B O O M E R A N G

• PipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 59 posts

Posted 31 March 2022 - 09:31 PM

Interesting indeed

$55 for Collectors Pack with+ the Hero add on.
Early Adopters = All mechs with War Horn, Hanging Item, Skilled up, and then c-bill/mc/title/badge

#37 Clay Endfield

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 172 posts

Posted 31 March 2022 - 09:39 PM

View PostHeavy Money, on 31 March 2022 - 09:24 PM, said:

Please make it good so I can play that Special paintjob and not feel bad :)

Honestly, I think the 3R is probably one of the better looking ones. Cauldron is already considering giving IS Small lasers a Ghost heat limit because of the 6T (who could blame them? 14 IS SPLs has absolutely insane DPS potential). Not saying the 6T is gonna be bad, but expect IS lasers to change going forward. As for the 7L... a 260 engine cap? That's a slight yikes. Better have some beefy armor/structure quirks, cause those hardpoint locations aren't gonna make it the IS Hellbringer either.

The 3R though? 2x RAC-5s and 6x SRM-2s is a lot of DPS. Get a decent sized engine in it, and that thing will shred some mechs.

#38 Navid A1

• CS 2022 Gold Champ
  • CS 2022 Gold Champ
  • 4,932 posts
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted 31 March 2022 - 09:53 PM

View PostHeavy Money, on 31 March 2022 - 09:24 PM, said:

Please make it good so I can play that Special paintjob and not feel bad Posted Image

It will be extremely hard to make that variant work... very very hard.

#39 Heavy Money

• The Marauder
  • 1,275 posts

Posted 31 March 2022 - 10:31 PM

View PostNavid A1, on 31 March 2022 - 09:53 PM, said:

It will be extremely hard to make that variant work... very very hard.

I'm sure we'll manage to dial something in over a couple patches :)

#40 Ch_R0me

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Named
  • The Named
  • 613 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationIn DireStar with Heavy Naval PPC

Posted 31 March 2022 - 11:21 PM

Wait - no basic pack as before? Bummer...

Still.. Posted Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

• Facebook