Mechwarrior 5 Mercenaries Dlc 3 Details!

51 replies to this topic

#1 InnerSphereNews

• Developer
  • Developer
  • 2,773 posts

Posted 14 April 2022 - 04:30 PM

Greetings Mercenaries!

We are pleased to share with you the initial details of the next MechWarrior 5 Mercenaries DLC Call to Arms!

Call to Arms adds the Hatchetman chassis, new melee-weapon-focused 'Mech variants and Heroes,
9 new melee weapons, the new animated Stormsurge skin, and more!

#2 Nightbird

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The God of Death
  • The God of Death
  • 7,518 posts

Posted 14 April 2022 - 04:32 PM

I thought that was a Black Knight for a moment. It's nice that melee is finally added!

#3 Trystan Thorne

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 299 posts

Posted 14 April 2022 - 04:41 PM

HA, it certainly is a bit confusing to see a Black Knight and not the Hatchetman as the cover Mech.
But I guess PGI wants to show us that other Mechs can have melee weapons too.

I was hopin the Crusader would make it into the game DLC too, but oh well.
I wonder if this means that the DLC is actually out before the Crusader for MWO. I guess we'll know soon.

Some of the new features sound nice. Keen to see what the upgraded Starmap & Contract Screens look like.
New Biomes are always welcome.
Questline for Hatchetman sounds interesting too.

I am a bit less hyped than for the Kestrel Lancers DLC, but it's hard to compete with the 4th Succession War vibe.
Though DLC3 does feel a little bit smaller in size. Either way I will get it as more MW5 and more BattleTech is always welcome.
If the smaller sized DLC's mean we are to keep getting regular enough updates for MW5 in the future, then I am okay with that.
Would be a shame IMHO if this would be the last DLC for MW5.

The only thing I don't like is that animated paintjob. That's so NOT BattleTech, but I just don't have to equip it. :-D

Edited by Trystan Thorne, 14 April 2022 - 05:00 PM.

#4 Cheeks Akimbo

• PipPip
  • The Sovereign
  • The Sovereign
  • 29 posts

Posted 14 April 2022 - 04:47 PM

So guess we're not getting a Clan invasion DLC eh?
Already had more or less all this with mods but I'll take it if it's cheap enough I suppose.

#5 Buenaventura

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 540 posts
  • LocationDuisburg, Germany

Posted 14 April 2022 - 04:50 PM

View PostNightbird, on 14 April 2022 - 04:32 PM, said:

I thought that was a Black Knight for a moment. It's nice that melee is finally added!

The picture shows a Black Knight, the BL-9-KNT aka "Clanbuster" variant.

#6 Thorqemada

• 6,365 posts

Posted 14 April 2022 - 04:56 PM

Sounds convincing...

#7 Clay Endfield

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 172 posts

Posted 14 April 2022 - 05:11 PM

Pretty sure you have a typo under the mech variants. It claims to add a MAD-3L, which Kestrel Lancers already added. Unless we're talking about an apocryphal MAD-II-3L, I don't think it should be on the list of "new" variants.

Will dual wielding melee weapons be an option?

And will this update break all the mods?

Also, Holiday Sale + Sale/Patch notes/Monthly Free mech when?

Edited by Clay Endfield, 14 April 2022 - 05:16 PM.

#8 Nightbird

• The God of Death
  • The God of Death
  • 7,518 posts

Posted 14 April 2022 - 05:18 PM

View PostBuenaventura, on 14 April 2022 - 04:50 PM, said:

That makes more sense, I was confused by "Call to Arms adds the Hatchman chassis" followed by the image.

#9 Stargazzer811

• PipPipPip
  • The Moonwalker
  • The Moonwalker
  • 97 posts
  • LocationAn experimental SLDF McKenna class Battleship, waiting for Clan Nova Cat to return to the Inner Sphere in 3160

Posted 14 April 2022 - 05:43 PM

View PostInnerSphereNews, on 14 April 2022 - 04:30 PM, said:

Posted Image

Greetings Mercenaries!

We are pleased to share with you the initial details of the next MechWarrior 5 Mercenaries DLC Call to Arms!

Call to Arms adds the Hatchman chassis, new melee-weapon-focused 'Mech variants and Heroes,

9 new melee weapons, the new animated Stormsurge skin, and more!

Check out the Call to Arms preview page at MW5Mercs.com

Posted Image

So this might be a stupid question, but can we get MWO versions of Scrapyard and Tourmaline/Rubalite? I mean the one looks like a modified version of Tourmaline desert (with the dropship replaced with alot more scrap) while the other is Tourmaline and Rubi smashed together, which ironically makes both maps look better. Could care less about melee in this instance, just want some cool non-sniper-centric maps.

#10 Sereglach

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Fire
  • Fire
  • 1,563 posts
  • LocationWherever things are burning.

Posted 14 April 2022 - 06:45 PM

Extremely disappointed to see that the Crusader isn't listed on what's being added to MW5 in this DLC, unless you're going to announce that you've got a plan to add more/future chassis to the game as mini dlcs. Personally I was looking forward to the Crusader even more than the Hatchetman, as there's already an excellent mod that added the Hatchetman to MW5 some time ago.

Otherwise this seems like a pretty anemic DLC, considering the free update slated to release alongside it. The only things really nice are the weapon models (probably to be added to other weight classes by modders), and the new biomes. Melee weapons restricted by weight class (all melee weapons have rules for any tonnage application . . . we can't have "Swords 1-5" like we have "MASC 1-5"?) . . . which some mods have already added in more "true-to-rules" form. A few variants that will only be adding "melee weapon hardpoints" I assume isn't that impressive of an addition, either. Hell, we can't even get a BLaser (available in timeline and you'd just use a PPC or LL model for it) in MW5 and a MAD-4X or any other 3040s "early advancement" variants, or proper Claws and a proper Crael . . . or even a Crusader? Come on.

Not to mention ... I can't believe resources were wasted on an animated skin.

The free update is overall far more appealing than the DLC.

Also . . . I'll echo others' sentiments . . . I'm really hoping this doesn't cause another modpocalypse for MW5 and break everything . . . again.

I'm sorry, but this reveal is really lacking and disappointing, especially with no other news. For what appears like it's going to be MW5's last hurrah in development . . . it's a pathetic looking last hurrah.

#11 Saber Avalon

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 362 posts
  • LocationOutreach

Posted 14 April 2022 - 07:17 PM

I get showing the "clanbuster" Black Knight, especially to show other mechs are getting melee weapons too, but why give it a hatchet when it should have a sword?!!? Especially when you added swords! lol

Hatchetman (YAY!) but no Axman?!?! MY HOME PLANET! Seriously, big brother needed.

Also, this has renewed my hopes for a future Clan expansion or "sequel" game. Just don't pull that exclusive to Epic BS again.

...and have to join the other's in the "why no Crusader?" corner.

#12 w0qj

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Territorial
  • The Territorial
  • 3,369 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationAt your 6 :)

Posted 14 April 2022 - 07:25 PM

For a moment, thought that MWO (MechWarrior Online) was getting melee weapons!
One can only dream... ;)

Great artwork for MW5 DLC3, good looks... love that you can control another mech in your lance upon death!
And it's starting to look like Diabl* for MechWarrior, with all those swords+axes ;)

I plan to buy MW5 from GOG.com (DRM-free installation; does not check if original server is online or not).

===> Any plans for MW6 with Clan + IS mechs? I really want to get this MW6 + Clan + IS mechs!!

#13 Canadian House Owl

• PipPipPip
  • The Money Maker
  • The Money Maker
  • 59 posts
  • LocationEdmonton

Posted 14 April 2022 - 07:29 PM

Posted Image

#14 ENOVA

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2019 Top 18 Qualifier
  • 115 posts
  • LocationRussia

Posted 14 April 2022 - 11:42 PM

This is gonna be good. A fine DLC. The new biomes is #1 to me

Edited by ENOVA, 15 April 2022 - 12:05 AM.

#15 Neutron IX

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 1,018 posts
  • Location"Soylent Green. It's what's for dinner."

Posted 14 April 2022 - 11:48 PM

View PostBuenaventura, on 14 April 2022 - 04:50 PM, said:

The Clanbuster carries a sword, rather than a hatchet.

That would be the McKinnon family Black Knight, which yes, we have had in the games as the "Partisan" hero, even though hatchets were not available, but with hatchets now a thing, I'm guessing it to be the BL-P-KNT2 listed under the Hero mechs that will be added. Note the missing energy hardpoint in the head, plus the "Fox's Teeth" logo on the right shoulder as the dead giveaways.

P.S. Super excited for the CN9-YLW2 which I'm assuming will finally have it's claw!

Edited by Neutron IX, 14 April 2022 - 11:55 PM.

#16 Trystan Thorne

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 299 posts

Posted 15 April 2022 - 12:04 AM

View PostNightbird, on 14 April 2022 - 05:18 PM, said:

That makes more sense, I was confused by "Call to Arms adds the Hatchman chassis" followed by the image.
And I thought your reply was irony. :-D
Since we already have melee and the Black Knight in MW5.
It's nice to see them enhance on melee a bit.

Still a little sad about the Crusader not in, but I'd say it will be added in via mods.
I do like to play MW5 with the original Mechlab too though as the hunt for better variants can be great fun as the modded enhanced Mechlabs do kind of reduce the importances of the different variants and make them less unique.

Edited by Trystan Thorne, 15 April 2022 - 12:05 AM.

#17 ENOVA

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 115 posts
  • LocationRussia

Posted 15 April 2022 - 12:06 AM

On second thought, it's not enough for a full-sized DLC, a kind of a mini-DLC, but it's also too big to just call it a patch.
So - yes, - a DLC, an addition.
A new mech variants, mechs with melee weapons, gameplay improvements, 1 new chassis, 3 new biomes, 1 quest line, 1 camouflage.

#18 Muz0079

• PipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 33 posts

Posted 15 April 2022 - 01:33 AM

As long as it's priced appropriately in terms of new content compared to the other DLCs then I'm fine with it. Any new mechwarrior content is always welcome!
New biomes look very nice and I'll always be happy at new hand crafted campaign missions. Was hoping for a solaris feature given the new melee weapons but hey ho.

The free update QoL stuff is a nice addition: no tonnage limits and mech switch on death will be very useful. :)

#19 Reno Blade

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Blade
  • The Blade
  • 3,456 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 15 April 2022 - 01:54 AM

Hmmm, what made the Kestrel Lancers a great dlc was the story campaign.
With the Mods from MercTech, Yaml, vonBiomes and more... already giving much more, including new chassis like hatchetman, wasp/stinger, wyvern, and so on... many biomes, pilot skills, tons of equipment that also include hatchets already...

...what any new dlc should bring is at least a new campaign.

Continue with any of the huge lore battles in the succession wars. There are many more battmes that would fit right into kestrel campaign, e.g. stainer attacking kurita at the same time, womf dragoons also fighting for davion on the kurita borders. Or even fighting for liao on the other side...

Add new features like building your own base and city to defend. Adding tower-defense style management.
Include systems to track casualties on defense missions...

#20 Trystan Thorne

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 299 posts

Posted 15 April 2022 - 03:58 AM

The Problem I have with Community Mechs like Wasp and Stinger is that in my eyes they just don't have that PGI bulky Mech feel that I now prefer over the original more slim designs based on Japanise Mecha Anime.

So any new PGI Mech is great and an improvement IMHO.

Saying all this, this is obviously my own preference.
The skills the community shows in building these modes is great and beyond anythung I could do.
This is not me saying that the work they do is bad, on the contrary, it's just not to my taste.

There is actually one feature I really miss. I know there are mods for it, but it would be great if we could name our character, select gender and change the portrait and voice.
Seems like such a basic feature to have in a game where you create your own Mercenary Unit.

Edited by Trystan Thorne, 15 April 2022 - 04:03 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users