Mwo May Features Update! Updated!

94 replies to this topic

#81 Flying Fox 333

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 198 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 27 April 2022 - 10:00 PM

View PostLockheed_, on 27 April 2022 - 09:52 PM, said:

No speculation, they said in either a Dev Vlog or on NGNGTV Solaris will be gone for sure and replaced by the event mode, that may include Solaris matches sometimes.

Thanks for clearing that up Lockheed. It wasn't a particularly popular mode, so that makes sense. I wonder what that will mean for the Solaris specific achievements both in-game and in Steam. I read somewhere they are considering some sort of engagement (marketing) strategy, probably to entice new players as well as old ones.

#82 Curccu

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 4,610 posts

Posted 28 April 2022 - 09:32 AM

View PostNomad Tech, on 27 April 2022 - 05:29 PM, said:

I have nearly 350 mechs and a good chunk of them have skill points full.. this is going to be a massive effort to get them reskilled over time..

Import, export, save and load buttons are your friends... all of your laser mechs use same skilltree (maybe not lights and 40 tonners), short/mid range ballistic mechs use almost all same skills... same with missiles, those might have 2 different skilltrees SRM/MRM and Lurms/ATMS/Streaks.

some slight differences with possible ECM/AMS LBX/UAC/Gauss and so on, takes about 15 seconds to load saved profile and change those few nodes if needed.

Edited by Curccu, 28 April 2022 - 09:33 AM.

#83 TheCaptainJZ

• The CyberKnight
  • The CyberKnight
  • 3,655 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 28 April 2022 - 12:16 PM

View PostFlying Fox 333, on 27 April 2022 - 10:00 PM, said:

I wonder what that will mean for the Solaris specific achievements both in-game and in Steam.

I'm not sure PGI has realized they'd now be unattainable.
Personally, I would love to see far more achievements added to the game. Not more 20,000 assists mind you. I just got Shredder the past week. Took me this long to get 10,000 components.

Edited by TheCaptainJZ, 28 April 2022 - 12:17 PM.

#84 Flying Fox 333

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 198 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 03 May 2022 - 08:54 PM

View PostTheCaptainJZ, on 28 April 2022 - 12:16 PM, said:

I'm not sure PGI has realized they'd now be unattainable.

I sent Daeron (community manager) a quick message asking about it and he says they are aware and are working on a solution. He also confirmed Solaris will be for limited events in the Event mode, as Lockheed previously said. We will have to see what PGI does with those existing achievements.

Edited by Flying Fox 333, 03 May 2022 - 08:54 PM.

#85 Felbombling

• 2,972 posts
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted 04 May 2022 - 08:44 PM

Thank goodness you've finally done this. I've honestly been avoiding the game after the last quirk pass because I couldn't be bothered to go to the store to check out what the base Mech stats were before tweaking builds. I'd done it so often in the past, I couldn't bring myself to do it again. lol

Please, just don't have an endless listing of ammunition types if the ammo rack skill is purchased. Filter the listing to the mounted weapons only, please. We all understand there will be a benefit to ammo loads given the skill purchase, let us discover the additional ammo via a mouse over or some other means if we're looking to swap out weapon systems. Many thanks.

#86 D V Devnull

• Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 4,245 posts
  • LocationUnknown... Except for the stars, it's kind of dark here!

Posted 05 May 2022 - 09:48 AM

View PostFelbombling, on 04 May 2022 - 08:44 PM, said:

Please, just don't have an endless listing of ammunition types if the ammo rack skill is purchased. Filter the listing to the mounted weapons only, please. We all understand there will be a benefit to ammo loads given the skill purchase, let us discover the additional ammo via a mouse over or some other means if we're looking to swap out weapon systems.

That does not work on a pop-up Tooltip item, as one can not move the cursor from the Tooltip-triggering thing which they're floating on without the Tooltip dismissing itself. This actively prevents your idea for simplification from being workable as it's neither reasonable nor functional, because players can not get the expanded info in all contexts. It would also only cause confusion for newer players who need to see exact numbers on the spot without being run around, as they're still generally unaware of many interfaces that veteran players had to spend considerable time on discovering & learning in order to get maximum enjoyment from all that MWO has to offer. We do not need to be making things horrifically uncomfortable for newer players, and therefore should not be as that would unnecessarily hurt player retention. You may not like the expanded info being up-front for viewing, but that's the only safe way to do it and avoid trouble for most other players. -_-

~D. V. "showing why trying to collapse & hide the added ammo info behind another Tooltip is not safely possible" Devnull

#87 Horseman

• The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 4,694 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 05 May 2022 - 10:18 AM

View PostD V Devnull, on 05 May 2022 - 09:48 AM, said:

That does not work on a pop-up Tooltip item, as one can not move the cursor from the Tooltip-triggering thing which they're floating on without the Tooltip dismissing itself. This actively prevents your idea for simplification from being workable as it's neither reasonable nor functional, because players can not get the expanded info in all contexts. It would also only cause confusion for newer players who need to see exact numbers on the spot without being run around, as they're still generally unaware of many interfaces that veteran players had to spend considerable time on discovering & learning in order to get maximum enjoyment from all that MWO has to offer. We do not need to be making things horrifically uncomfortable for newer players, and therefore should not be as that would unnecessarily hurt player retention. You may not like the expanded info being up-front for viewing, but that's the only safe way to do it and avoid trouble for most other players. Posted Image

~D. V. "showing why trying to collapse & hide the added ammo info behind another Tooltip is not safely possible" Devnull
The expanded info actively makes the stats display cluttered and near-useless. TBH it would be better to just summarize it as eg "Ballistic ammo capacity Lv 1" and leave the details out of the stats pop-up completely.

#88 Tarzan of Barsoom

• PipPipPip
  • Recruit
  • Recruit
  • 72 posts

Posted 05 May 2022 - 05:41 PM

View PostVladokapuh, on 23 April 2022 - 01:39 AM, said:

need a reset or there will be absolutely painful amount of grind to update my mechs

Please give us the option to reset our previous skill purchases with a full refund of SP and Cbills spent on those purchases of skill points. Basically a respec with full refund.

Edited by Tarzan of Barsoom, 05 May 2022 - 05:42 PM.

#89 Aidan Crenshaw

• The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 3,562 posts

Posted 05 May 2022 - 08:31 PM

View PostTarzan of Barsoom, on 05 May 2022 - 05:41 PM, said:

Please give us the option to reset our previous skill purchases with a full refund of SP and Cbills spent on those purchases of skill points. Basically a respec with full refund.

This is not necessary and not going to happen. The cost for SP will be reduced, there will be an XP event when the patch drops and they are handing out GSP in the hundreds via challenge rewards. From the position of 600+ owned chassis, I don't feel the need for a refund in any way.

#90 Tarzan of Barsoom

• PipPipPip
  • Recruit
  • Recruit
  • 72 posts

Posted 06 May 2022 - 07:29 PM

View PostAidan Crenshaw, on 05 May 2022 - 08:31 PM, said:

This is not necessary and not going to happen. The cost for SP will be reduced, there will be an XP event when the patch drops and they are handing out GSP in the hundreds via challenge rewards. From the position of 600+ owned chassis, I don't feel the need for a refund in any way.

I just think it would be nice if they gave those of us that want it, the option, but not make it mandatory.

#91 Felbombling

• 2,972 posts
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted 07 May 2022 - 07:54 PM

View PostHorseman, on 05 May 2022 - 10:18 AM, said:

The expanded info actively makes the stats display cluttered and near-useless. TBH it would be better to just summarize it as eg "Ballistic ammo capacity Lv 1" and leave the details out of the stats pop-up completely.

Exactly. What I was getting at was the fact that as things are right now, if you mouse over a mounted ammo rack on the load-out, it will show ammo per ton plus the additional ammo added through skills in green. We don't need anything more informative in the perks listing than what you suggested. The wall of text is simply too much information for EVERY ammo type available.

#92 Roodkapje

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 577 posts

Posted 09 May 2022 - 09:53 AM

Any changes planned for the amount of Skill Points you can unlock ?!

I have always disliked the 91 Skill Points Limit to be honest... :)

Another thing that would be nice to have too :
- Gain XP with the Hero Mech variant.
- Use some of that XP for all the other variants if needed! :D

Maybe one day... Who knows ?!?! :)

#93 Sjorpha

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 4,472 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 09 May 2022 - 01:59 PM

It would be awesome if the quirk list could be filtered by active/inactive, or move inactive quirks down to it's own section.

By inactive I mean quirks that have no effect on the current build, for example quirks for weapons that aren't currently equipped. The needlessly long list of ammo quirks is the most annoying one for me.

#94 C337Skymaster

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 1,450 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 16 May 2022 - 01:09 PM

It doesn't appear as though this thread has been updated post-PTS, so I'll attempt to summarize:

Your Skill Points will remain exactly as-is as long as you don't look at them. The instant you open the Skill Tree on a particular 'mech, all invalid nodes will be automatically refunded to you as Skill Points on that specific 'mech (both activated and unlocked/deactivated nodes).

So to clarify an earlier example: You have Hard Brake 1, 2, and 5. 1 and 2 will be selected, and as soon as you open Skill Tree (but not before), Hard Brake 5 will be refunded to you as a Skill Point which you can spend anywhere on the skill tree for that specific 'mech (even if you choose to respend the point on a Consumable Slot or something).

#95 Drake67

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 156 posts
  • LocationEnterprise MS

Posted 18 May 2022 - 06:07 PM

Why does it seem that LRMs are way hotter PTS than MWO?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users