A Network Error Ocurred

26 replies to this topic

#1 Valley Pirate

• PipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 22 posts

Posted 22 April 2022 - 07:46 PM

I'm getting this error after entering my password to login. I can login fine to the forums (obviously). And I don't seem to be having any other issues with internet or Steam. I rebooted my PC just in case, but this is also not helping.

I haven't powercycled my router yet, but it doesn't actually seem like a network error if I have no issues anywhere else. I don't see a thread on this immediately, though I didn't spend a ton of time perusing. Any thoughts on where I can look for a fix or more info?

#2 Valley Pirate

• PipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 22 posts

Posted 23 April 2022 - 10:26 AM

And now it's fine. I'm guessing it's an intermittent issue with no fix. Unless no one bothers to really read the forums anymore.

#3 KentThuir66

• Pip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 14 posts

Posted 23 April 2022 - 10:43 AM

Same problem from yesterday to today. "A server network error occured". Even a reistallation of the game dont game it.

#4 Tarl Cabot

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Tai-sho
  • Tai-sho
  • 7,642 posts
  • LocationImperial City, Luthien - Draconis Combine

Posted 23 April 2022 - 02:52 PM

When the general player base isnt affected, then 99% of the time it is not direct server related but lost of packets from the servers to the player's client. The forum servers, the authentication server (when connecting with the actual client) then each game server.
  • If using ISP managed modem/router/gateway, an update, software or firmware, could be causing issues.
  • ISP DNS hosting issues.
  • Problematic router system that your pathway takes to the servers, particularly the authentication server in Canada.
  • Reboot computer
  • Check all cable connection, loosen/tighten.
  • Power cycle router/modem
  • DNS flush (reboot computer afterwards
  • Wireless? connect via ethernet
  • With Router/Gateway by ISP owned equipment, troubleshoot by disabling the security software, not NAT.
  • The above, if system has different options, turn off SPI if so named.
  • Change DNS from default (ISP) , either on computer itself or router/gateway
  • Connect via smartphone's hotspot, thus using mobile network. Troubleshooting, does issue still occur? And 5G is definitely faster than 4G :) but ya looking for a consistent connectivity without issues.
  • Use of VPN, either via ISP or mobile. I use my Norton's VPN when troubleshooting. A few of my game's..frown on continuous VPN use due to potential of abuse with 3rd party software. PGI isn't one of them though.
  • Standalone? Try Steam, or vis versa.
Oh, and doing an uninstall does not remove all of the files. There is still the Saved Game folder C:\Users\XXXX\Saved Games\MechWarrior Online. Yan can rename the MWO folder. Or rename keep Profiles (rename to retrieve later) and Screenshots then delete all the other files/folders before reinstalling

#5 Jon McFuzzy

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 144 posts

Posted 25 April 2022 - 04:57 PM

I had the same annoying problems for days. Fixed it after Restoring my installation drive to a couple of weeks back when the game was working fine using System Restore feature in Windows.

I suspect it had to do with Windows security update, which I could not uninstall for some reasons. I have tried other more common methods (steam integrity check, delete shaders, use new profile folder, power cycle router, change DNS, etc) but it had not worked.

#6 Anhydrite

• PipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • 60 posts

Posted 14 August 2022 - 03:32 PM

I have had the same issue for at least 2 weeks. No changes to my system....just started happening. Would connect after I disconnected from wifi and reconnected.

Now that doesn't work.

#7 Magnus Santini

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • 708 posts

Posted 10 September 2022 - 07:24 PM

Having the same problem. Support was talking me through it but suddenly I could login, so I closed my ticket. Posted Image Now I can't get in again. Am trying some of the technical suggestions now but it might be easier for me to learn to write netcode and fix the freaking internet. EDIT: And now I am back again. I pressed a couple buttons on the thing if that helps anyone!

Edited by Magnus Santini, 11 September 2022 - 09:28 AM.

#8 P3tr0lh34d

Rookie

• The Demon
  • The Demon
  • 9 posts

Posted 03 October 2022 - 12:37 PM

I'm having this issue now for last 2 days. Uninstalled game and reinstalled but still have the issue. Is there a cache I can clear for MWO or anything?

Update: I can now log in, no changes were made my end. Strange.

Edited by P3tr0lh34d, 03 October 2022 - 12:54 PM.

#9 EyeMaster

Rookie

• Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 6 posts

Posted 18 November 2022 - 05:12 PM

This is happening to me a lot lately also. Randomly cannot connect, and usually after a few tries it works. Tonight, I've been trying for 15 minutes and it's not connecting. I wish there was a way to fix this.

#10 Aidan Crenshaw

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 3,563 posts

Posted 19 November 2022 - 12:23 AM

Try a different DNS server. You're likely experiencing routing issues.

#11 Tarl Cabot

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Tai-sho
  • Tai-sho
  • 7,642 posts
  • LocationImperial City, Luthien - Draconis Combine

Posted 21 November 2022 - 05:51 PM

View PostEyeMaster, on 18 November 2022 - 05:12 PM, said:

This is happening to me a lot lately also. Randomly cannot connect, and usually after a few tries it works. Tonight, I've been trying for 15 minutes and it's not connecting. I wish there was a way to fix this.

As Aidan mentioned, try changing DNS. Or follow the other routes as mentioned in an earlier post of mine. PGI has minimum control with how your computer reaches their servers in their current locations. And this includes BOTH the authentication server (log-in/mechlab/stay connected during drops) and the actual gaming servers.

#12 cmndctrl

• PipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • 61 posts

Posted 16 January 2023 - 06:28 PM

i've been getting this for 2 days. only managed to get in once. anything i can do??

#13 SteelLynx

• PipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 81 posts
  • LocationRuhrgebiet, Germany

Posted 08 February 2023 - 10:14 PM

Because it occurred to me too... how to fix this one easily in seconds (unless it doesn't, then you're ****** Posted Image )

Open Command-Window:
Windows-Key + R
Execute this: cmd

Execute each of this line:
ipconfig /release
ipconfig /flushdns
ipconfig /renew

Restart the game.

For the americans out there. This cuts off your internet connection briefly. Do not use on pets. I will not read anything your lawyer sent but will use my voodoo doll against you.

Edited by SteelLynx, 08 February 2023 - 10:17 PM.

#14 Akuman

Rookie

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 4 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 25 February 2023 - 11:10 AM

System Administrator here,

I really don't like doing the things mentioned above (though thats what I'm often suggesting my clients), but I did it anyways.

What I did (in order):

Reboot PC
Reboot Router, Firmware is up to date
Change DNS to 1.1.1.1 and 8.8.8.8
Change IP Adress
ipconfig /renew /flushdns /release
Reinstalled the game

Can't say it doesn't work, but it works 1 out of 10 and it is REALLY ANNOYING.

Said it, and will say it again: When everything else is working properly, and Workaround won't do... it's the companies turn.

#15 BLACKR0SE

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Meta
  • The Meta
  • 1,375 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationTurkey/Sivas

Posted 27 February 2023 - 07:30 PM

Google Public DNS

https://developers.g...peed/public-dns
Primary DNS: 8.8.8.8
Secondary DNS: 8.8.4.4

Cloudflare 1.1.1.1

https://1.1.1.1/dns/
Primary DNS: 1.1.1.1
Secondary DNS: 1.1.0.0

Edited by TAMTAMBABY, 27 February 2023 - 07:35 PM.

#16 SteelLynx

• PipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 81 posts
  • LocationRuhrgebiet, Germany

Posted 01 March 2023 - 10:12 PM

View PostAkuman, on 25 February 2023 - 11:10 AM, said:

System Administrator here,

I really don't like doing the things mentioned above (though thats what I'm often suggesting my clients), but I did it anyways.

What I did (in order):

Reboot PC
Reboot Router, Firmware is up to date
Change DNS to 1.1.1.1 and 8.8.8.8
Change IP Adress
ipconfig /renew /flushdns /release
Reinstalled the game

Can't say it doesn't work, but it works 1 out of 10 and it is REALLY ANNOYING.

Said it, and will say it again: When everything else is working properly, and Workaround won't do... it's the companies turn.

You're absolutely right. I am quite familiar with network issues too, and I have to revert what I posted earlier too. It worked for me to renew the IP-address. That one time. The next time I tried to play, same issue and renewing the IP-address didn't work at all.
Nowadays I have the same issue each and every day. There seems to be no permanent way around this.
And what really surprised me was, when I behaved like a small child days ago, and just ignored the network error and tried to log in again and again... and after quite a while it just worked. I changed nothing on my side, the internet connection was stable and I even had a game running in the background without issues. Of course I do not know what may have changed en route. But I will try to recreate this today...

Edit:

It worked. After around 10 minutes / retries, I am logged into the game and able to play. I don't think that this is something we can solve permanently on our side, this has to be either an issue with authentification servers or anything in between.
2nd Edit:
Next day, same routine. 8 Retries over the course of half an hour. Finally logged in successfully. Maybe taking a dump fixed it though, it worked first time as I returned...

Edited by SteelLynx, 03 March 2023 - 01:52 AM.

#17 My Little Barbie Dream Car

Rookie

• Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 9 posts

Posted 04 March 2023 - 09:48 AM

Its their terribly old an outdated servers.. its the same reason if you play for like 6 hours straight you will see at least 3 or 4 disconnects.. when the game starts.. I have to literally login like 20 times to get on.. or it comes up with ' check your internet '.. the worst part is you have to wait till its done having its stroke an ' connecting '.. When you can connect its almost instant.. Sometimes first try.. something 10 minutes of trying.. Same with the random crashes when the battle starts when the countdown/ready portion hits zero.. /sigh..

#18 Frol Prime

• Pip
  • Corporal
  • 15 posts
  • LocationUkraine

Posted 08 March 2023 - 11:22 AM

There is no problem. A few tries and I log in.

#19 Poggle

• PipPip
  • The Cyber Warrior
  • The Cyber Warrior
  • 41 posts

Posted 07 April 2023 - 01:17 PM

There is a problem. 10+ mins of trying to log in and still getting network issues, despite flushing DNS, renewing IPs etc. Its odd.

I guess its IP related. But not sure where. Im in UK, for example.

#20 My Little Barbie Dream Car

Rookie

• Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 9 posts

Posted 05 May 2023 - 08:48 AM

View PostPoggle, on 07 April 2023 - 01:17 PM, said:

There is a problem. 10+ mins of trying to log in and still getting network issues, despite flushing DNS, renewing IPs etc. Its odd.

I guess its IP related. But not sure where. Im in UK, for example.

Sadly its their servers.. why I randomly get disco'd in the drop phase.. an why on a daily basis I see about 10 other people suffering this.. Also why sometimes its instant log in.. othert times like you said.. 10 minutes of it.. no amount of doing ANYTHING posted in ANY of the threads fixes it.. its one of those ' ok... is MWO on its monthly '.. an keep trying till you get on =0

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users