New Creator Bundles!

63 replies to this topic

#21 AnAnachronismAlive

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 425 posts

Posted 04 May 2022 - 03:17 AM

If you wanna make these packs - or "creator packs" in general - more interesting / economically appealing => add a custom (or-refurbished) sound-item that fits one or two characteristic one-liner on kill that the content creators tend to use. Pretty sure ye can work something out with em regarding potential copyright-claims without much of a hassle.

In the current state - while I appreciate the idea of creator-packs (gimme datt Stimraug-Pack!) - em ain't overly appealing tbh.

#22 Wolf Nuhts

• Pip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 15 posts

Posted 04 May 2022 - 05:34 AM

View PostAgent Super Chicken, on 03 May 2022 - 07:28 PM, said:

I am surprised you made the move to partner with a content creator who uses their platform to tell us who on the other team are "butt buddies".
And not only would say it on stream, but would then look at the tape, say "yep this is good to go", and then post the video for replay.
On more than one occasion.
Of all the content creators.
And you've been told about it in the past.
But hey, it's your company and it's your community that you're trying to rebuild. Up to you.

OH NO! A PG RATED INSULT!!!! What a terrible human he must be... Posted Image

#23 Clay Endfield

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 172 posts

Posted 04 May 2022 - 06:39 AM

View PostWolf Nuhts, on 04 May 2022 - 05:34 AM, said:

OH NO! A PG RATED INSULT!!!! What a terrible human he must be... Posted Image

Yeah, I was kinda like "what's the big deal?" too. It's a competitive game; trash talking happens. If it's not your thing, oh well; no one is forcing you too watch.

Kids these days will crusade for anything...

#24 Krizalius

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 3,632 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationPolar Terma City

Posted 04 May 2022 - 07:41 AM

Somehow it looks strange.
Where's Sean Lang, Baradul, Brios? They are good too.
And you forgot about other communities from Europe, Asia and the CIS countries.
Each community has its own top streamers, experienced players and veterans who talk about the game and create content.
Posted Image

Edited by Krizalius, 04 May 2022 - 07:48 AM.

#25 Ghost Owl

• Pip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 16 posts

Posted 04 May 2022 - 07:58 AM

A great idea to support content creators fully support this, as like them or not they support and promote the game.

Content creators are personal taste as always I am sure there will be more in the future can't have a zillion bundles at once to cover all.

Would be cool to have the content creators personal decal or something in the future and also twitch drops.

#26 TheCaptainJZ

• The CyberKnight
  • The CyberKnight
  • 3,658 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 04 May 2022 - 09:17 AM

Content creators with official sound paks could be interesting, but I suppose you can do that now for free. It's an untapped area of customization, but probably requires engineering work.

#27 Mighty Spike

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 5,590 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationHoly Beer City of Munich

Posted 04 May 2022 - 10:19 AM

View PostKrizalius, on 04 May 2022 - 07:41 AM, said:

Somehow it looks strange.
Where's Sean Lang, Baradul, Brios? They are good too.
And you forgot about other communities from Europe, Asia and the CIS countries.
Each community has its own top streamers, experienced players and veterans who talk about the game and create content.
Posted Image

yea exactly. damn, would really llike to see a Bundle from Mangeras and his s## Games & Rock n Rolll channelPosted Image Posted Image

Edited by Mighty Spike, 04 May 2022 - 10:21 AM.

#28 Oberst Jaime Wolf

• PipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 35 posts

Posted 04 May 2022 - 10:48 AM

Bad Deal compared to the others bundles. At least give those Mechs the 30% cbill boost.

#29 MechWarrior414712

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 444 posts

Posted 04 May 2022 - 11:09 AM

Guys please nice packs... but can we have Crypto OKI mechpack mans?

#30 VukNukem

Rookie

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 8 posts
  • Locationold schwabenland

Posted 04 May 2022 - 12:35 PM

Am I right that those Mechs do not have a 30% Cbill Boost on their Chassis, like the Platinum?
Only the 5% from the item. Correct?
Is there any special like the contributor gets a free token or money?
Or "just" the Cbill Mech "ready" to rumble?

#31 Heavy Money

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Marauder
  • 1,275 posts

Posted 04 May 2022 - 12:44 PM

I like the idea, but the value isn't quite there for me as I have most of the stuff already. For reference:

Mech Bay: 300 MC
Pattern: 750 MC
Colors: ~1,000 MC x3 (didn't check if any have a 500MC color)
Cockpit Items: 750 MC x2, C-Bill medallion cannot normally be purchased, probably ~1,000 MC equivalent.
Decal: ~180 MC (didn't look them all up.)
100 GSP: 1,250 MC
2.4mil C-Bills: 1,600 MC

So that's about ~9,580 MC worth of stuff. That's ~$40 worth of MC at typical cost, or ~$20 if buying on 50% off sale, or ~$15 if MC is also on sale. (Hard to say exactly because it falls between two MC packs cost, and sale % varies.)

Then the Mech and Engine is another ~13-15mil C-Bills.
Mech: MDD-Prime 11.68mil, FNR-5 11.15mil, ANH-2A 11.26mil, NTG-B 13.69mil
Engine: 1-3mil (not going through it all)

So overall, the actual value of these packs is very good compared to the cost of what's in them. The problem is that its mostly cosmetic stuff that many players aren't going to care about that much, and its mechs you can just buy for C-Bills anyway.

I see lots of people asking PGI to put in something new and unique or give these mechs a C-Bill bonus or something as that would increase their attractiveness. But I know this isn't really viable as doing those things would require creating new game assets, and that isn't simple.

Personally, I have no need to buy these as I have lots of mechs and cosmetic stuff. I wouldn't mind getting some of the stuff here though. I'm only getting a slice of the value of these bundles as I either already have the mech or colors in most cases, and I have tons of cockpit items. But if some more MC was added, then I would be interested, as that would tip the value of the bundle for me.

So I'll also suggest to PGI that adding 1,000-2,000 MC will flip the attractiveness of these for me, and probably many others in my position.

Edited by Heavy Money, 04 May 2022 - 12:44 PM.

#32 Steel Shanks

• PipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 64 posts
  • LocationConnaught, FWL

Posted 04 May 2022 - 04:04 PM

Is this the April Fools post? It's just late to catch us off guard right?

The ONLY name I know on this list is TTB, and I'm not a fan of TTB so...

Baradul, No Guts No Galaxy, Tex of the Black Pants Legion, THESE are the Guys who should be making Mech's for Us, I don't give a rats-fig about these other guys... I'll Pass thanks...

#33 PraetorGix

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Warden
  • The Warden
  • 735 posts
  • LocationHere at home

Posted 04 May 2022 - 04:25 PM

I'm a bit disappointed that the camos were not unique. I saw the pics and I thought they were coming with an unique camo. That IMHO would make the price tag much more palatable. Or failing that, may I suggest charge 10 bucks a pop instead?

View PostAgent Super Chicken, on 03 May 2022 - 07:28 PM, said:

I am surprised you made the move to partner with a content creator who uses their platform to tell us who on the other team are "butt buddies".
And not only would say it on stream, but would then look at the tape, say "yep this is good to go", and then post the video for replay.
On more than one occasion.
Of all the content creators.
And you've been told about it in the past.
But hey, it's your company and it's your community that you're trying to rebuild. Up to you.

I'm still trying to find the problem here kid. I suggest you take your woke righteousness some place else, like Twitter for example. Oh right, you don't have that anymore, my bad!

#34 Paul Hogan

Rookie

• 8 posts

Posted 04 May 2022 - 04:36 PM

+1 this

View PostI O O percent KongLord, on 04 May 2022 - 11:09 AM, said:

Guys please nice packs... but can we have Crypto OKI mechpack mans?

"Riparoni Giperoni!!!"

View PostAnAnachronismAlive, on 04 May 2022 - 03:17 AM, said:

If you wanna make these packs - or "creator packs" in general - more interesting / economically appealing => add a custom (or-refurbished) sound-item that fits one or two characteristic one-liner on kill that the content creators tend to use. Pretty sure ye can work something out with em regarding potential copyright-claims without much of a hassle.

In the current state - while I appreciate the idea of creator-packs (gimme datt Stimraug-Pack!) - em ain't overly appealing tbh.

#35 PocketYoda

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 4,136 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 04 May 2022 - 04:36 PM

Sadly i own all these mechs.. Wish they'd add some mechs that aren't the same usual stuff every pack.. Ah well missed opportunity i guess.

#36 Tarzan of Barsoom

• PipPipPip
  • The Deputy
  • The Deputy
  • 72 posts

Posted 04 May 2022 - 08:28 PM

I love the idea and have bought Violent's and TTB's packs, will probably get the others on payday. I echo the sentiment that I would love to see packs from other creators like Baradul and Phil from NGNG.

I have no problem with the current value level, but, can see where maybe 500 - 1000 MC included would sweeten the pot for those with less disposable income.

In general, I am just super enthused to see effort still being put in to the game on the part of PGI!

Edited by Tarzan of Barsoom, 05 May 2022 - 01:46 AM.

#37 GargoyleVine

• PipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 81 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationPismo Coast

Posted 04 May 2022 - 09:41 PM

This is cool

#38 cazeral

• PipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 93 posts

Posted 05 May 2022 - 12:49 AM

Good idea.

Actual usefulness of the pack for price, so so.

Only ever heard off and watched TTB's work, so maybe a hint to cross platforms to the other three.

#39 Aidan Crenshaw

• The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 3,606 posts

Posted 05 May 2022 - 01:04 AM

View Postcazeral, on 05 May 2022 - 12:49 AM, said:

Only ever heard off and watched TTB's work, so maybe a hint to cross platforms to the other three.

That's why the description in the 1st post lists a twitch and/or YT link for every single one of these content creators... Posted Image Posted Image

Edited by Aidan Crenshaw, 05 May 2022 - 01:04 AM.

#40 The6thMessenger

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Nova Captain
  • Nova Captain
  • 8,045 posts
  • LocationFrom a distance in an Urbie with a HAG, delivering righteous fury to heretics.

Posted 05 May 2022 - 01:38 AM

View PostNavid A1, on 03 May 2022 - 06:35 PM, said:

XL145 is a questionable pick.
Even for 20 ton mechs.

180 is usually the engine used in a small light. XL170 if you want to save a bit of weight.

I works well with Urbie though, the XL145 was nice for heavy ballistic builds -- pre-ammo-quirk. It's at 84-KPH which is still fast as many meds and some heavies.

Though I usually go lower if I'm using XL125, down to 72 KPH with an urbie, because it has the same amount of external HS requirement, so it's the most tonnage save.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users