• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Ogre
  • The Ogre
  • 205 posts
  • LocationQuébec - Canada

Posted 05 May 2022 - 05:25 AM

View PostKrizalius, on 04 May 2022 - 07:41 AM, said:

Somehow it looks strange.
Where's Sean Lang, Baradul, Brios? They are good too.
And you forgot about other communities from Europe, Asia and the CIS countries.
Each community has its own top streamers, experienced players and veterans who talk about the game and create content.
Posted Image

I would assume this is a first pass ?

If this round goes well and is popular enough, we might see the other Twitch streamers and Youtubers coming in the next months,

Maybe they are all already set up and these were just the randomly selected 4.

View PostAnAnachronismAlive, on 04 May 2022 - 03:17 AM, said:

If you wanna make these packs - or "creator packs" in general - more interesting / economically appealing => add a custom (or-refurbished) sound-item that fits one or two characteristic one-liner on kill that the content creators tend to use. Pretty sure ye can work something out with em regarding potential copyright-claims without much of a hassle.

In the current state - while I appreciate the idea of creator-packs (gimme datt Stimraug-Pack!) - em ain't overly appealing tbh.

I support this wholeheartedly :)

#42 Commander Harrison

• PipPip
  • The Undertaker
  • The Undertaker
  • 36 posts

Posted 05 May 2022 - 07:48 AM

Everything here can be bought for c-bills, or just a few MC. I am confused with the price these are being sold for... do proceeds go the the streamers? A charity or some such? If not, who in their rights minds will pay for these. If I wanted to support MWO by just throwing 15 bucks at them, there are much better things to buy...

#43 w0qj

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Territorial
  • The Territorial
  • 3,404 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationAt your 6 :)

Posted 05 May 2022 - 09:08 AM

Glad folks are buying these New Creator Bundles!

I personally feel that sales for New Creator Bundles further increased with one or more of below sweeteners:

1) Change to a Special Variant mech (similar to the Sarah's Jenner special variant from years ago), or

2) Add in the old Warhorns not available anymore (MechCon warhorns, MWO Comp Supporter warhorns, etc.), or

3) Throw in some bonus MC to sweeten the deal, or

4) Change to bonus +5% CBills Standing item (currently it is a Hanging item).
Seriously, I have so many Hanging bonus CBills items (see below), but no matching bonus CBills Standing item!

- - - - - - - - - -
(And this is coming from someone supporting MWO via Stryker/Warden/Hunter/Predator/Blood_Name/Rivals/Crusader, all 4x IS+Clan Platinum Collection Packs, & all IS+Clan New Player Packs.)

Edited by w0qj, 05 May 2022 - 03:51 PM.

#44 Daeron Katz

Senior Marketing and Community Manager

• Developer
  • Developer
  • 270 posts

Posted 05 May 2022 - 11:12 AM

Moadebe's bundle now comes with a Clan XL 325. Anyone who purchased it before the change keeps the old engine and got the 325 injected into their accounts.

#45 YUyahoo

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 339 posts

Posted 05 May 2022 - 11:46 AM

Daeron, I do think this is a good idea, but what would really be cool is if the mechs in the bundle came with the loadouts that the respective content creators run on them rather than just their stock variants (even better would be if they have a cbill boost on them too)...also the post says they come with 2.4 mil cbills but the actual packs include 6.5 mil cbills

Edited by YUyahoo, 05 May 2022 - 11:46 AM.

#46 TheCaptainJZ

• The CyberKnight
  • The CyberKnight
  • 3,658 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 05 May 2022 - 12:08 PM

View PostTarzan of Barsoom, on 04 May 2022 - 08:28 PM, said:

I love the idea and have bought Violent's and TTB's packs, will probably get the others on payday. I echo the sentiment that I would love to see packs from other creators like Baradul and Phil from NGNG.

Phil has a video up about being approached but he declined this time around. Baradul is Daeron, so he is a PGI employee now so he can't really participate.

I stand corrected.

Edited by TheCaptainJZ, 06 May 2022 - 05:39 AM.

#47 Matt Newman

Live Ops Manager

• Developer
  • Developer
  • 1,026 posts

Posted 05 May 2022 - 12:48 PM

View PostTheCaptainJZ, on 05 May 2022 - 12:08 PM, said:

Phil has a video up about being approached but he declined this time around. Baradul is Daeron, so he is a PGI employee now so he can't really participate.

Daeron = Bombadil
Daeron != Baradul

#48 Daeron Katz

Senior Marketing and Community Manager

• Developer
  • Developer
  • 270 posts

Posted 05 May 2022 - 12:57 PM

View PostYUyahoo, on 05 May 2022 - 11:46 AM, said:

Daeron, I do think this is a good idea, but what would really be cool is if the mechs in the bundle came with the loadouts that the respective content creators run on them rather than just their stock variants (even better would be if they have a cbill boost on them too)...also the post says they come with 2.4 mil cbills but the actual packs include 6.5 mil cbills

This was a bit of an experiment. If we continue doing this sort of thing, which I am hopeful we will, we will be looking at several ways to improve these bundles. Fixed the C-Bill amount error, thank you!

View PostTheCaptainJZ, on 05 May 2022 - 12:08 PM, said:

I'm sure you just confused the similar looking names, but my ingame name is Bombadil. Baradul is a terrific content creator from Germany, and while I'd love to have his looks, we are not one in the same.

#49 Paladin IIC

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Carnivore
  • The Carnivore
  • 118 posts

Posted 05 May 2022 - 03:52 PM

View PostAgent Super Chicken, on 03 May 2022 - 07:28 PM, said:

I am surprised you made the move to partner with a content creator who uses their platform to tell us who on the other team are "butt buddies".
And not only would say it on stream, but would then look at the tape, say "yep this is good to go", and then post the video for replay.
On more than one occasion.
Of all the content creators.
And you've been told about it in the past.
But hey, it's your company and it's your community that you're trying to rebuild. Up to you.

I'm buying that pack just because you posted this. Grow some thick skin.

#50 NiceDad

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 111 posts

Posted 05 May 2022 - 04:55 PM

My son and I started playing MWO only 1 year ago and I have been buying almost all the new mech packs since then. If these Creator Bundles mechs are special mechs with 30% C-Bill bonus, my wallet will just open up and spend another US$60 on this game.

As someone has mentioned before, special mech with 30% C-Bill bonus is something which we can't use C-Bill to buy will make this deal special. But when the mechs are just normal mechs, even though the pack comes with additional decorative stuff & colours but still doesn't justify me to spend the US$60.

I'm willing to spend more money on MWO even though I have already spend more than US$1k on MWO, as my son and I do really enjoy the game. I want to continue to spend my money to keep the game running.

#51 w0qj

• The Territorial
  • The Territorial
  • 3,404 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationAt your 6 :)

Posted 05 May 2022 - 06:57 PM

+1
Amen!

I actually want to buy a second Annihilator ANH-2A(S).
~Already bought my 1st ANH-2A(S), from Annihilator Ultimate Pack.
~But it is impossible to buy a second ANH-2A(S) !!!

View PostNiceDad, on 05 May 2022 - 04:55 PM, said:

My son and I started playing MWO only 1 year ago and I have been buying almost all the new mech packs since then. If these Creator Bundles mechs are special mechs with 30% C-Bill bonus, my wallet will just open up and spend another US$60 on this game.

As someone has mentioned before, special mech with 30% C-Bill bonus is something which we can't use C-Bill to buy will make this deal special. But when the mechs are just normal mechs, even though the pack comes with additional decorative stuff & colours but still doesn't justify me to spend the US$60.

I'm willing to spend more money on MWO even though I have already spend more than US$1k on MWO, as my son and I do really enjoy the game. I want to continue to spend my money to keep the game running.

Edited by w0qj, 05 May 2022 - 06:59 PM.

#52 Navid A1

• CS 2022 Gold Champ
  • CS 2022 Gold Champ
  • 4,931 posts
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted 05 May 2022 - 07:01 PM

View PostThe6thMessenger, on 05 May 2022 - 01:38 AM, said:

I works well with Urbie though, the XL145 was nice for heavy ballistic builds -- pre-ammo-quirk. It's at 84-KPH which is still fast as many meds and some heavies.

Though I usually go lower if I'm using XL125, down to 72 KPH with an urbie, because it has the same amount of external HS requirement, so it's the most tonnage save.

Engine in the pack was Clan XL145... so no urbies.

But it is now updated to the much better Clan XL325.

#53 The6thMessenger

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Nova Captain
  • Nova Captain
  • 8,045 posts
  • LocationFrom a distance in an Urbie with a HAG, delivering righteous fury to heretics.

Posted 05 May 2022 - 07:47 PM

View PostNavid A1, on 05 May 2022 - 07:01 PM, said:

Engine in the pack was Clan XL145... so no urbies.

But it is now updated to the much better Clan XL325.

Oh. I guess I was confused.

#54 Will9761

• Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 4,568 posts

Posted 05 May 2022 - 08:39 PM

I like the concept of a Streamer Bundle. As long as the people in question are being compensated for their bundles I'm all for it. However along with streamer bundles I agree that the personalized mechs should have the same loadout as the streamer as well as being an (S) to make it unique. Not only that but add something like a Stream only decal related to the bundle to sweeten the deal like a Starwolfe, Sean Lang or a Father Bill decal for example. That's just my two cents.

#55 cazeral

• PipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 93 posts

Posted 06 May 2022 - 05:26 AM

View PostAidan Crenshaw, on 05 May 2022 - 01:04 AM, said:

That's why the description in the 1st post lists a twitch and/or YT link for every single one of these content creators... Posted Image Posted Image

Kind of missed the point - the other streamers should be posting to YouTube as well . . . /sigh

#56 Zenoflex69

Rookie

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 6 posts

Posted 06 May 2022 - 09:14 AM

So urm what weapons do you get with these bundles????

Is it just the basic builds?

#57 Toshitsugu Takamatsu

Rookie

• The Aggressor
  • The Aggressor
  • 8 posts

Posted 06 May 2022 - 01:18 PM

I think this is a nice idea.

#58 KabukiOne

• PipPipPip
  • 54 posts

Posted 07 May 2022 - 04:29 PM

They should be hero mechs, or have a c-bill bonus built in. In addition, it would have been awesome if they had a customized loadout from each creator. I'd love to see what TTB would have come up with.

Edited by KabukiOne, 07 May 2022 - 04:33 PM.

#59 KabukiOne

• PipPipPip
  • 54 posts

Posted 07 May 2022 - 04:34 PM

View PostZenoflex69, on 06 May 2022 - 09:14 AM, said:

So urm what weapons do you get with these bundles????

Is it just the basic builds?

It's just the basic mech with the standard awful loadout.

#60 Razgriz_

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Guillotine
  • Guillotine
  • 243 posts
  • LocationInner Sphere

Posted 07 May 2022 - 07:26 PM

View PostKabukiOne, on 07 May 2022 - 04:34 PM, said:

It's just the basic mech with the standard awful loadout.

Yah, wish Id have seen your comment before buying two of them. Would have much preferred use $30 on other mechs or a pack. I thought for sure it had to be a special version or maybe an "endorsed" build from the streamers.

For future packs, if they do this again, it would be much more interesting if the streamers had a build they made specifically for the pack. A Hero variant with custom hardpoints might be asking for too much, but at least something other than the stock loadout for the mechs... Yes, 3 colors, a skin, and a mech are pretty good value, but a premade loadout would really make it shine.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users