#61 Horseman

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 4,695 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 29 May 2022 - 07:12 AM

View PostRoodkapje, on 29 May 2022 - 06:32 AM, said:

Not everyone likes watching videos or is part of "The YouTube Generation" Posted Image
More WRITTEN ARTICLES please! Posted Image
Honestly, I prefer reading because I can find the information I'm looking for in thirty seconds rather than having to listen to ten minutes of irrelevant ******** before it gets to the bloody point. (no offense to youtubers, it's just that when I'm looking for specific info, I'm looking for specific info and everything else is irrelevant ******** :P )

#62 Far Reach

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Tracker
  • The Tracker
  • 134 posts

Posted 30 May 2022 - 06:18 AM

Before the patch my mechs were 95% skilled out, only 5 or 6 remained out of 150 odd chassis.

Now? With the "refunded" skills, I was only able to skill out 60% of them. Now I'm broke, half my touman now incomplete.

Can you please stop robbing me of time and money? I already find it hard to justify playing this anymore, it's like you just want us to quit.

#63 BoomBeBoom

Rookie

• Trinary Nova Captain
  • 5 posts

Posted 30 May 2022 - 07:41 AM

new skill tree is very good. thanks. now i can get all what i need. escpecially torso speed for assaults is must have now)

#64 Big-G

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 338 posts
  • LocationFormerly New Capetown, now Kikuyu - Lyran Alliance

Posted 30 May 2022 - 02:14 PM

View PostFar Reach, on 30 May 2022 - 06:18 AM, said:

Before the patch my mechs were 95% skilled out, only 5 or 6 remained out of 150 odd chassis.

Now? With the "refunded" skills, I was only able to skill out 60% of them. Now I'm broke, half my touman now incomplete.

Can you please stop robbing me of time and money? I already find it hard to justify playing this anymore, it's like you just want us to quit.

Interesting, I've not experienced any situation where the refunded SP wasn't equal or more than the "unset" nodes... and PS, that's why they injected a hefty extra GSP into your account...

but hey...

#65 Sawk

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Star Captain
  • Star Captain
  • 402 posts

Posted 30 May 2022 - 02:54 PM

TOO FUNNY

how many folks think they have to reskill mechs------------ YOU DO NOT, they work just fine just do not open the skill tree, you can remember how many mechs you have, but can not read what they told you, i tested it-- all mechs worked just fine.
i did rework 1 mech, for small COST, i guess my UNCLE was right --- common sense is not very common go figure.

SAWK CLANNER

#66 Big-G

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 338 posts
  • LocationFormerly New Capetown, now Kikuyu - Lyran Alliance

Posted 30 May 2022 - 04:56 PM

View PostSawk, on 30 May 2022 - 02:54 PM, said:

TOO FUNNY

how many folks think they have to reskill mechs------------ YOU DO NOT, they work just fine just do not open the skill tree, you can remember how many mechs you have, but can not read what they told you, i tested it-- all mechs worked just fine.
i did rework 1 mech, for small COST, i guess my UNCLE was right --- common sense is not very common go figure.

SAWK CLANNER

Indeed, but if you do accidentally click the skills button rather than the loadout, then you are basically forced, there's no way to undo the auto revamp that happens.

#67 Nevermore223

• PipPipPip
  • 66 posts

Posted 31 May 2022 - 01:29 PM

This should have happened a long time ago...hopefully folks will start playing again.

#68 Araevin Teshurr

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Warden
  • The Warden
  • 368 posts
  • LocationIn your base, eating your food!

Posted 31 May 2022 - 03:29 PM

Why mess with Skill Trees?
We need some real content!
Where is the dynamic environment?
Where's the salvage? The customizable mechs? The tanks, helicopters and aerotech?
Castle Brians? Guild owned drop ships? Real time map and front lines?
Just.....skill trees? OMG

10 years in, and we still can't move around our hangar bay! Kick the leg actuators, or raid the vending machines.

Edited by Araevin Teshurr, 31 May 2022 - 03:31 PM.

#69 Erdelmaine RANDIS

• PipPip
  • The Patron
  • The Patron
  • 46 posts
  • LocationRANDIS IV

Posted 31 May 2022 - 07:32 PM

View PostAraevin Teshurr, on 31 May 2022 - 03:29 PM, said:

10 years in, and we still can't move around our hangar bay! Kick the leg actuators, or raid the vending machines.
Maybe you should switch to MechWarrior 5 ?

In MW5 you can at least move around in the hangar of your dropship Posted Image

Edited by Erdelmaine RANDIS, 31 May 2022 - 07:32 PM.

#70 C337Skymaster

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 1,450 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 07 June 2022 - 05:01 AM

View PostCulnan, on 24 May 2022 - 11:18 AM, said:

Bit of a weird one, but is there a map of the old node connection map somewhere? So if want to replicate an old skill build once it's been reset I can double check (I knew the node routes I used, but not necessarily how many cooldown/heat gen etc. nodes it was)? Sure I could go find an old YouTube vid but something directly viewable would be more convenient.

https://kitlaan.gitlab.io/mwoskill/
You're welcome. :)

View Postw0qj, on 24 May 2022 - 12:08 PM, said:

1. I really like the Skill Tree post-May-2022 Patch!

2. Old/legacy Skill Tree files all invalid going forward, may we presume.

==> So do we have to manually delete our own saved Skill Tree files?

Either via:
2a) [Skils]>>[Save]>>[select_file]>>[Delete_File], or

2b ) Goto your MWO installation (mine is Steam/MWO), and manually delete all old Skill Tree files at:
C:\Users\abcde\Saved Games\MechWarrior Online\MechSkillTrees

So I started manually deleting saved skill trees, and then I realized: I can overwrite those skill trees with their new valid configurations and still have my list of skill trees, rather than deleting them all and having to create new trees from scratch for every situation I already identified for myself.

View PostAraevin Teshurr, on 31 May 2022 - 03:29 PM, said:

Technically, you can move around the 'mech bay. Click the little yellow camera at the bottom center of the screen while in the 'mech bay, and you can walk around your 'mech, complete with footsteps on metal deck plating. You still can't raid the vending machine, but you can probably get up from your computer and go to the kitchen. :)

#71 Terrien

• PipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 21 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationHell, or Arizona.. hard to tell sometimes...

Posted 06 July 2022 - 06:16 PM

Actual question. If a skill node is red, does that mean that it does not apply to the mech in it's current configuration? Like If i'm running stealth armor does seismic sensor not work?

#72 Aidan Crenshaw

• The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 3,571 posts

Posted 06 July 2022 - 08:42 PM

View PostTerrien, on 06 July 2022 - 06:16 PM, said:

Actual question. If a skill node is red, does that mean that it does not apply to the mech in it's current configuration? Like If i'm running stealth armor does seismic sensor not work?

No. The colour coding was implemented to quickly tell the node's function. Red is for sensor related nodes.

#73 Roodkapje

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 577 posts

Posted 07 July 2022 - 07:38 AM

View PostTerrien, on 06 July 2022 - 06:16 PM, said:

Stuff that doesn't affect your mech is shown with the Posted Image sign above the specific Skill Nodes ;)

For example : Pick a mech without Jump Jets and you will see the sign shown!

#74 C337Skymaster

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 1,450 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 07 July 2022 - 08:35 PM

View PostRoodkapje, on 07 July 2022 - 07:38 AM, said:

Stuff that doesn't affect your mech is shown with the Posted Image sign above the specific Skill Nodes Posted Image

For example : Pick a mech without Jump Jets and you will see the sign shown!

Something that I hope will be implemented in the future: currently, if you pick a 'mech that does not (and cannot) have jump jets (say any Ebon Jaguar), the jump jet nodes will have the symbol shown, and will also be blacked out (not just "unselected" but "unselectable"). It would be appropriate, methinks, for future skill tree updates to do the same thing to the firepower nodes that aren't applicable. For example: the Dervish would have all ballistic skill options blacked out. Or the Enforcer, would have all Missile skill options blacked out. The Fafnir-5E, or Rifleman IIC-2 would have all laser/flamer options blacked out. Etc.

#75 Horseman

• The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 4,695 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 07 July 2022 - 10:01 PM

View PostC337Skymaster, on 07 July 2022 - 08:35 PM, said:

Something that I hope will be implemented in the future: currently, if you pick a 'mech that does not (and cannot) have jump jets (say any Ebon Jaguar), the jump jet nodes will have the symbol shown, and will also be blacked out (not just "unselected" but "unselectable"). It would be appropriate, methinks, for future skill tree updates to do the same thing to the firepower nodes that aren't applicable. For example: the Dervish would have all ballistic skill options blacked out. Or the Enforcer, would have all Missile skill options blacked out. The Fafnir-5E, or Rifleman IIC-2 would have all laser/flamer options blacked out. Etc.

Yeah. That wouldn't have worked with the old skill tree, since those nodes could be shortcuts to other, actually useful ones, but with the new one there's no excuse.

#76 C337Skymaster

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 1,450 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 14 July 2022 - 09:28 AM

View PostHorseman, on 07 July 2022 - 10:01 PM, said:

Yeah. That wouldn't have worked with the old skill tree, since those nodes could be shortcuts to other, actually useful ones, but with the new one there's no excuse.

That's the idea. Now that they've split everything apart and you don't need to bridge with those nodes, they should lock them out like they do with other nodes that are invalid to the build options.

In fairness, Flamer nodes were never a bridge, and could always have been locked out on 'mechs without energy hardpoints.

Edited by C337Skymaster, 14 July 2022 - 09:30 AM.

#77 Roodkapje

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 577 posts

Posted 15 July 2022 - 06:52 AM

View PostC337Skymaster, on 07 July 2022 - 08:35 PM, said:

Protect our dear little newbies that just started playing : Good idea! :D

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users