• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 340 posts
  • LocationFormerly New Capetown, now Kikuyu - Lyran Alliance

Posted 21 May 2022 - 07:32 PM

View PostDomenoth, on 21 May 2022 - 12:12 PM, said:

Love this.

I do wonder though, do those of us who pre-ordered the Crusader count as "owning" them when the injection rolls around...

Not yet...

#42 P H O T O N

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Wild Dog
  • Wild Dog
  • 119 posts

Posted 22 May 2022 - 04:48 AM

Great work Matt and the team.

#43 VladimirTepes

Rookie

• Warrior - Point 2
  • 5 posts

Posted 23 May 2022 - 03:11 PM

So as the skill ponts are cheaper youll be refunding the cbills? yes no?

View PostJOATMON Incorporated, on 21 May 2022 - 04:38 PM, said:

PGI,

This looks like an amazing fix! Thank you very much for handling it this way!

Well it was an amazing fix for a thing that they didnt need to fix in the first place.... most of your player base would rather see content.....please stop listening to the netwarriors.

#44 VladimirTepes

Rookie

• Warrior - Point 2
  • 5 posts

Posted 23 May 2022 - 03:15 PM

View PostGroutknoll, on 20 May 2022 - 08:43 PM, said:

THAT"S OVER 9000 GSP !!!!!

Posted Image

at 5 gsp a mech 5000 would be 1000 mechs you owned... you own how many now?

#45 DAEDALOS513

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Flame
  • The Flame
  • 2,629 posts
  • LocationArea 52

Posted 24 May 2022 - 09:31 AM

I'm glad many found that this change was needed.. something I would really like to see implemented is an 'overide' toggle that permanently (and automatically) turns on your mechs' overide function before a match. It's become standard where someone on the team will remind the rest of us to turn on overide before match start. This shouldn't be necessary..

#46 TheCaptainJZ

• The CyberKnight
  • The CyberKnight
  • 3,658 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 24 May 2022 - 09:49 AM

View PostVladimirTepes, on 23 May 2022 - 03:11 PM, said:

So as the skill ponts are cheaper youll be refunding the cbills? yes no?

They already said no in the devlog. It's in the past. Going forward, it'll be cheaper.

#47 Culnan

• PipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted 24 May 2022 - 11:18 AM

Bit of a weird one, but is there a map of the old node connection map somewhere? So if want to replicate an old skill build once it's been reset I can double check (I knew the node routes I used, but not necessarily how many cooldown/heat gen etc. nodes it was)? Sure I could go find an old YouTube vid but something directly viewable would be more convenient.

#48 Barkem Squirrel

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Bowman
  • The Bowman
  • 1,082 posts
  • LocationEarth.

Posted 24 May 2022 - 11:35 AM

I can remember the module slots way back when and finishing all of them, then the skill tree we have. This skill tree looks better. Maybe I will drop again

#49 Dirt Devil1

• PipPipPip
  • Major
  • Major
  • 53 posts
  • LocationCoquille, OR

Posted 24 May 2022 - 11:36 AM

Where in the skill tree is the increase for missile ammo nodes?
Never mind found it.

Edited by Dirt Devil1, 24 May 2022 - 11:37 AM.

#50 w0qj

• The Territorial
  • The Territorial
  • 3,418 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationAt your 6 :)

Posted 24 May 2022 - 12:08 PM

1. I really like the Skill Tree post-May-2022 Patch!

2. Old/legacy Skill Tree files all invalid going forward, may we presume.

==> So do we have to manually delete our own saved Skill Tree files?

Either via:
2a) [Skils]>>[Save]>>[select_file]>>[Delete_File], or

2b ) Goto your MWO installation (mine is Steam/MWO), and manually delete all old Skill Tree files at:
C:\Users\abcde\Saved Games\MechWarrior Online\MechSkillTrees

#51 KH Slaine

• PipPipPip
  • CS 2023 Participant
  • CS 2023 Participant
  • 76 posts

Posted 24 May 2022 - 12:40 PM

Noticing some new bugs since the patch.
Laser AMS shows as broken characters in weapons loadout box, bottom right in game. Tested on various mechs in Testing grounds but not in a match.
Wasn't Bitching Betty present in Testing Grounds? She ain't now.

#52 Clay Endfield

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 172 posts

Posted 24 May 2022 - 03:35 PM

So is anyone else spending 5 minutes per mech respecing every single mech in their stable because of "orphaned skills?" I thought the whole reason PGI refused to refund skills was too avoid having respec 200+ mechs?

By the way: told you so. Should've just refunded the points, but no one seems to be able to think ahead.

Edited by Clay Endfield, 24 May 2022 - 03:36 PM.

#53 La Reine

• Pip
  • The Warden
  • The Warden
  • 11 posts

Posted 24 May 2022 - 04:17 PM

View PostClay Endfield, on 24 May 2022 - 03:35 PM, said:

So is anyone else spending 5 minutes per mech respecing every single mech in their stable because of "orphaned skills?" I thought the whole reason PGI refused to refund skills was too avoid having respec 200+ mechs?

By the way: told you so. Should've just refunded the points, but no one seems to be able to think ahead.

Did you actually watch the video?
If you don't open the skill tree on a mech, you will not have to change anything.
You only have to redistribute skill points if you open it.

#54 Strelok7

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 321 posts

Posted 24 May 2022 - 05:34 PM

Posted Image Good ExecutionPosted Image Update to the skill tree is very welcome. Good Design! "Less clicks" is respectful to players' time and is a fun-centric approach, which is what it should be all about. Next stop - renaming skill tree to a "module tree"(so we can party like its 1999), and adding some visuals to make you feel like you are equipping real modules on your MECH rather then some ambiguous "Skills". Who's skills are thee? Pilots? Mechs? makes no sense. Mechs have equipment, pilots have skills.

Ye, orphan nodes are a lot of work, but it is a good compromise to get a better tree. I hear your pain though... What I did, is just switched my video to windowed instead of full screen, and take a print-screen of the green message, then I just throw the image side-by-side with the game and edit accordingly. Makes it easier.

10-4, See you on the Battlefield! 07

Edited by Strelok7, 24 May 2022 - 06:01 PM.

#55 Clay Endfield

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 172 posts

Posted 24 May 2022 - 08:04 PM

View PostLa Reine, on 24 May 2022 - 04:17 PM, said:

Did you actually watch the video?
If you don't open the skill tree on a mech, you will not have to change anything.
You only have to redistribute skill points if you open it.

Are you even thinking about optimization? You have to open the skill tree to get rid of the garbage nodes, and put the savings into something useful. The performance disparity between optimized and unoptimized mechs was ridiculous before; now there's an average disparity of 30-40 skill points on "classic" max skilled mechs and "new" max skilled mechs.

So if you want to keep up with the Jones, you better open up that skill tree.

#56 La Reine

• Pip
  • The Warden
  • The Warden
  • 11 posts

Posted 25 May 2022 - 09:31 AM

View PostClay Endfield, on 24 May 2022 - 08:04 PM, said:

Are you even thinking about optimization?

Of course, mid- to long-term, you will have to change your skills. But for now, if you just want to keep playing, you can just leave them unchanged for a while. I agree that you can feel the difference between skilled and unskilled 'Mechs, but having fun is more important than min-maxing everything.

For example, I already changed my skills on all assault 'Mechs and some heavies, because I think I know how to skill these 'Mechs. For the lights and mediums, I will stick to the current skills until people like D A T A will publish an updated skill tree guide.

#57 Kasibeg

Rookie

• 2 posts

Posted 25 May 2022 - 10:52 AM

Tja, irgendwie wieder eine Nullnummer, hm?
Warum werden nicht einfach die 91 verteilten Punkte gänzlich zurückerstattet und man kann diese komplett neu setzen? Jetzt ist es so, daß auf Sachen, die ohnehin nie gewollt waren, weiterhin Punkte verteilt sind. Setzt man alles zurück, können erstmal wieder Punkte erspielt werden, um sie endlich so zu verteilen, wie sie immer gewollt waren...
So darf das eigentlich "abgeschlossene" Mechmodell zur großen Freude wieder gefahren werden...
Blödsinn! Sollen so "verlorene" oder unmotivierte Spieler zum Spiel zurückgeholt werden? Die Mechs, die immer schon "gemocht" wurden oder die mit hängendem Jürgen erspielt bzw. hochgestuft wurden, können endlich noch mal (halb-)durchgespielt werden!?!? Juchhei!!!
Es ist eigentlich schade, daß stets nur daran gearbeitet wird, den Spielern Steine in den Weg zu legen, anstatt endlich mal ein brauchbares BattleTechspiel herauszubringen...

#58 GodDamnedCaptYatzee

Rookie

• 3 posts

Posted 26 May 2022 - 04:31 PM

so now i have to tinker with the skills on 70 mechs ...................... ya , thats gonna be fun , but hey you are giving me 5 GSP per mech to make up for the loss of skills i WANTED and having to waste time tinkering with skills rather than playing ............... sounds like a great way to waste my time , i mean it not like i come here to actually play the game or anything , NO i come here to fiddle with set up ...........

my understanding of computers is that they do what the programers tell them to . so i would think that the programers could have "grandfathered in" previously skilled mechs by programing the game to leave those skills as is by locking them in , and only resetting them if a player decides to unlock them and go back and change their skill tree . but hey , you guys know better than i do , so i must be wrong .

#59 Horseman

• The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 4,701 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 26 May 2022 - 09:34 PM

View PostGodDamnedCaptYatzee, on 26 May 2022 - 04:31 PM, said:

my understanding of computers is that they do what the programers tell them to . so i would think that the programers could have "grandfathered in" previously skilled mechs by programing the game to leave those skills as is by locking them in , and only resetting them if a player decides to unlock them and go back and change their skill tree . but hey , you guys know better than i do , so i must be wrong .

That's what they did. The old skill tree remains in effect until you go to edit them.

#60 Roodkapje

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 577 posts

Posted 29 May 2022 - 06:32 AM

View PostLockheed_, on 20 May 2022 - 04:16 PM, said:

This is how I want to see all updates and changes to be executed!

Though through changes, reduced the hassle on the players side as much as possible, clear succinct informative videos to keep everyone in the loop.

Well done!

Not everyone likes watching videos or is part of "The YouTube Generation" Posted Image

More WRITTEN ARTICLES please! ;)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users