123 replies to this topic

#1 InnerSphereNews

• Developer
  • Developer
  • 2,773 posts

Posted 24 May 2022 - 03:59 PM

KNOWN ISSUES WE ARE TRACKING

Greetings MechWarriors!

Just a quick post to update you on where we stand with currently known issues for today's Patch.

EVENT MODE

• Currently, the Event Mode Queue is limited to 4 IS Mechs. however, some people are not seeing their Mechs in the Event Mode Queue Mech Selection.
This is due to a bug where if you are affiliated with the Clans in Faction Play, you will not be able to see IS Mechs in the Event Mode Queue Mech selection, even if you own it. There is a workaround going into Faction Play and changing your loyalty to IS, and then you will be able to select your 'Mechs for Event Mode. However, due to this event, we will be changing the Event Queue Mode to a more inclusive mode - you can see when the current mode will end in the Event Queue Window.

Current Mode = MWO Classic - 8 vs 8, No Groups, Assault on Forest Colony Classic, Jenner, Hunchback, Catapult, and Atlas only. First Person Only. 2x C-bill rewards.

NEXT Mode = River City Brawl Quest - 6 vs 6, Conquest on River City, No Groups, 4 Mech Drop Decks, 260 Max Tonnage, Mediums, and Heavy Mechs Only, 1.25 Speed, 2x C-Bills. Unlimited Airstrikes, Artillery, and Cool Shots.

VO AUDIO ALL MODES

• There is an audio bug that is affecting Game Mode Voice over Bitching Betty V.O .and Command Wheel V.O. callouts.
  • There is a known issue with the AMS text displaying extra characters on the Weapon Grouping Panel - This does not affect gameplay and may not be fixed until the next patch

SKILL TREE

• We are also getting reports of an invalid Skill Tree error and Import Export issues.

We are investigating fixes for these bugs, and we will let you know if we get more known issues.

A big thank you to everyone that has reported bugs, and if you have any to report please do so at support@mwomercs.com

-The MechWarrior Online Team

#2 M5000

• Pip
  • The Fearless
  • The Fearless
  • 12 posts

Posted 24 May 2022 - 04:06 PM

Confirmed on all fronts, thanks for staying on top of these and communicating quickly

#3 w0qj

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Territorial
  • The Territorial
  • 3,367 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationAt your 6 :)

Posted 24 May 2022 - 04:13 PM

May 2022 patch introduced font display bugs like below:
a) Excessively long names bugs in Victory Team Stats, and
b ) Laser AMS ingame cockpit display bug on lower-right hand corner

Posted Image

#4 w0qj

• The Territorial
  • The Territorial
  • 3,367 posts

Posted 24 May 2022 - 04:44 PM

SORRY for the (honest) mistake; ECM does not have any cooldown countdown bar ever.
Not now, not ever.
A BIG thanks to D V Devnull (as below)!

Wrong :
Did ECM pressing "J" for Disrupt <==> Counter Modes have cooldown countdown bar before 24-May-2022 patch?
(While ingame cockpit display lower right hand side)

After this 24-May-2022 patch, there is no cooldown countdown bar for ECM pressing "J" for Disrupt <==> Counter Modes ?

View PostD V Devnull, on 24 May 2022 - 06:35 PM, said:

Nope... You're thinking of the Stealth Armor functions and the Cooldown they go through. Posted Image ...

Edited by w0qj, 24 May 2022 - 09:18 PM.

#5 KabukiOne

• PipPipPip
  • 54 posts

Posted 24 May 2022 - 04:46 PM

You should fix all the bugs, not just leave them till whenever the next patch is released. That AMS bug is going to be there for everyone. It makes the game look cheap and untested.

#6 Mojo Ministry

Rookie

• Heishi-ni
  • Heishi-ni
  • 4 posts

Posted 24 May 2022 - 04:57 PM

I get 2 frames a second when I pilot my Rifleman 3N. Has anyone else been getting lag on a specific mech?

#7 KabukiOne

• PipPipPip
  • 54 posts

Posted 24 May 2022 - 05:07 PM

Just played a match. Enemy Spotted has no audio alert.

#8 w0qj

• The Territorial
  • The Territorial
  • 3,367 posts

Posted 24 May 2022 - 05:33 PM

Just the Regular AMS + AMS ammo for now, as a short-term workaround (and no Heat!)...

View PostKabukiOne, on 24 May 2022 - 04:46 PM, said:

You should fix all the bugs, not just leave them till whenever the next patch is released. That AMS bug is going to be there for everyone. It makes the game look cheap and untested.

#9 Wing 0

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 815 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 24 May 2022 - 05:40 PM

What have you guys done....

Edited by Wing 0, 24 May 2022 - 05:41 PM.

#10 xUnbreakablex

• PipPip
  • Star Colonel II
  • Star Colonel II
  • 24 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationAlshain

Posted 24 May 2022 - 05:56 PM

I lol'd when i saw only IS mechs in the new event mode, of course its IS only. For a moment i had hope they would finally respect the clan players for once Posted Image

#11 Snake2208

• Pip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 15 posts

Posted 24 May 2022 - 06:10 PM

Thanks for the quick post! hopefully it will be hotfix soon :P

#12 D V Devnull

• Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 4,245 posts
  • LocationUnknown... Except for the stars, it's kind of dark here!

Posted 24 May 2022 - 06:35 PM

View Postw0qj, on 24 May 2022 - 04:44 PM, said:

Did ECM pressing "J" for Disrupt <==> Counter Modes have cooldown countdown bar before 24-May-2022 patch?
(While ingame cockpit display lower right hand side)

After this 24-May-2022 patch, there is no cooldown countdown bar for ECM pressing "J" for Disrupt <==> Counter Modes ?

Nope... You're thinking of the Stealth Armor functions and the Cooldown they go through. ;)

View PostWing 0, on 24 May 2022 - 05:40 PM, said:

What have you guys done....

I can tell you, thanks to my experience on the PTS systems which wrongfully broadsided me... Somebody screwed with those Localization files when they should never have done so. I saw the manifest file, and then avoided patching temporarily in order to grab a backup of the following files...
  • Game\Localized\English.pak
  • Game\Localized\French.pak
...before they get vaporized and overwritten with a "English_xml.pak" file whose structure has changed in an incorrect manner that the MWO Game Client appears to simply hate. I'm going to have to try inserting the older files alongside the newer one in order to attempt dodging the breakage, but I literally do not know if it will either help or work. All there is in this case happens to be hope and a guess in the dark. Wish me luck that such an idea and subsequent attempt work without problems! :wacko:

There are also massive changes to the "Sounds.pak" data file, but I'm not 100% sure what that could mean or entail. As equally, it could mean something has been erroneously lost, but I would be taking a longshot in the dark there to speculate that as I've not had the chance to really examine that one entirely. It's very possible that it fell afoul of ending up being improperly structured too. :mellow:

And if that was not bad enough, the Font linkages for a number of things are likely all broken. I remember that causing errors to appear in the PTS Log File at the time, and I would not be at all surprised if it's happening in the Live Game too. There was also displacement of display for certain things in the MechLab as well, which may be connected with this. :(

With all of that happening, things are kind of ugly, right? I think we're all finding out how much we depend on things working, and not being wrongfully defunct! :o

~D. V. "Answers an ECM Question, and has a gross feeling they know what's up with MWO's Live Game Client" Devnull

[Edit by the Post Author on 2022-05-24 @ 7:41 PM (GMT -07:00) to add a sentence they totally missed typing.]

Edited by D V Devnull, 24 May 2022 - 06:40 PM.

#13 13Tradesman

• PipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 42 posts

Posted 24 May 2022 - 06:45 PM

All things considered, not too many bugs so far and using the new skill trees is a great improvement.

One thing I would like to see however are reference photos of the old skill trees... (Yes, I know ironic right?, I'm sure some of us don't ever want to see it again...however for practical purposes...it is helpful until everyone gets adjusted. Very easy for players to click the skill button say 'ok' to the warning and then miss something they had on before...leading to some inevitable trial and error. So at least it might help to see the "pattern" on the old skill trees (that we were familiar with) for all the various nodes.

Here are couple options for viewing the old skill trees for reference purposes:

MWO Wiki navigation page (scroll down the page to find the links): https://wiki.mwomerc...itle=Skill_Tree
Firepower: https://wiki.mwomerc...2/Firepower.jpg
Mobility: https://wiki.mwomerc...a/ae/ST_Mob.jpg
Survival: https://wiki.mwomerc...88922722575.png
Sensors: https://wiki.mwomerc...9c7eb9320d0.png
Operations: https://wiki.mwomerc...35cb9d8da14.png
Jump Jets: https://wiki.mwomerc...57420b51a58.png
Miscellaneous: https://wiki.mwomerc...b9a85baaa46.png

Option 2: visit https://kitlaan.gitlab.io/mwoskill/ to configure old skill trees...

Cool website and tool...not affiliated in anyway...just did a quick search for it.

Hope this helps a little, cheers!

Edited by 13Tradesman, 24 May 2022 - 06:48 PM.

#14 Strelok7

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 321 posts

Posted 24 May 2022 - 07:49 PM

View PostMojo Ministry, on 24 May 2022 - 04:57 PM, said:

I get 2 frames a second when I pilot my Rifleman 3N. Has anyone else been getting lag on a specific mech?

YES .... VIDEO LAG ..... CERTAIN MECHS ....!!! .... Posted Image

Please always remain kind to people with older video-cardsPosted Image
It is not a video card age issue, this time.
Did a little troubleshooting:
  • here is a clue for devs
  • same mech, same testing ground map
  • got 80% FPS drop just by switching loadout through a profile load
  • got 80% improvement by going back to the original profile
Good Luck! 07

Edited by Strelok7, 24 May 2022 - 08:28 PM.

#15 -Teiwaz-

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 202 posts
  • Location43°27'N / 80°30'W

Posted 24 May 2022 - 08:23 PM

How about map/mode multiplier not working?

#16 Aidan Crenshaw

• The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 3,562 posts

Posted 24 May 2022 - 08:26 PM

View Post-Teiwaz-, on 24 May 2022 - 08:23 PM, said:

How about map/mode multiplier not working?

Hu? I don't think I experienced any problems with that. Can you elaborate?

#17 -Teiwaz-

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 202 posts
  • Location43°27'N / 80°30'W

Posted 24 May 2022 - 08:27 PM

My multiplier stays at one regardless of getting my pick or not.

Am I the only one?!

Edited by -Teiwaz-, 24 May 2022 - 08:29 PM.

#18 An6ryMan69

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The People's Hero
  • The People
  • 455 posts

Posted 24 May 2022 - 08:44 PM

Glitch to report.

Just played a match, Grim Plexus, Incursion, using my Top Dog. Sorry no pics.

Got two kills and did a bunch of damage but the game summary said "0 Damage Done" and I *think* that my C-Bill and XP rewards were also cut short due to 0 damage error. The kills were correctly indicated on my summary.

Love the Event Queue, by the way, thanks!

Edited by An6ryMan69, 24 May 2022 - 09:19 PM.

#19 chaosshade2638

• PipPipPip
  • The Predator
  • The Predator
  • 85 posts
  • LocationAround

Posted 24 May 2022 - 08:48 PM

Why did you change the font for the chat? It's ugly and looks out of place now!
Posted Image

#20 w0qj

• The Territorial
  • The Territorial
  • 3,367 posts

Posted 24 May 2022 - 09:34 PM

I suspect that for 24-May-2022 patch, the MWO game client switched over to Unicode font, for MWO future game localisation initiatives.

But in the meantime, we have above font issues as observed above.
And in MechBay, the tonnage font looks different too (presentation is OK, but just looks different).

View Postchaosshade2638, on 24 May 2022 - 08:48 PM, said:

Why did you change the font for the chat? It's ugly and looks out of place now! ...

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users