• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Territorial
  • The Territorial
  • 3,369 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationAt your 6 :)

Posted 13 June 2022 - 05:36 AM

Yeah, just play with your favorite mechs with full skill tree, and you'll reach 8000 match score for free mech in no time!
At least it would not feel like a chore with your favorite mechs, right? ;)

View PostRe4PeRger, on 13 June 2022 - 04:38 AM, said:

I know what you mean, 8000 matchscore sounds like grind at first. I used to prefer the other events with multiple requirements more, until this saturday. I got the required 8000 matchscore in one go and rose in PSR, too. Turned out that if you are allowed to play as you like, it's far less stressful to complete the event. If you don't have to do 5000 dmg with missiles/energy/ballistic, you are free to choose the playstyle/mech/loadout that suits you best (or whatever works in QP atm) and matchscore comes naturally. PLUS other players don't run silly builds (11 tag lasers^^), just to farm said dmg, so the matches are better.

#22 crazytimes

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,317 posts

Posted 13 June 2022 - 06:18 PM

View PostRe4PeRger, on 13 June 2022 - 04:38 AM, said:

I know what you mean, 8000 matchscore sounds like grind at first. I used to prefer the other events with multiple requirements more, until this saturday. I got the required 8000 matchscore in one go and rose in PSR, too. Turned out that if you are allowed to play as you like, it's far less stressful to complete the event.

It's because there is no MM at all on, so there is a chance of farming in every match. The way PSR is calculated, there is floor to how much you can drop per match, but there is no hard ceiling. One big seal club can offset a bunch of mediocre losses.

If you find grinding for free stuff in an online game stressful, perhaps there are more relaxing things you can spend your time on. The mech is available for credits at any point.

#23 Kodan Black

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The People's Hero
  • The People
  • 375 posts
  • LocationMassachusetts, USA

Posted 14 June 2022 - 05:51 AM

You have a month to do the free mech stuff. Try just playing and check in every few days and you'll be surprised at how quickly it comes along.

#24 An6ryMan69

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The People's Hero
  • The People
  • 455 posts

Posted 14 June 2022 - 11:21 AM

Thanks for all the loot!

:)

#25 cazeral

• PipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 93 posts

Posted 15 June 2022 - 12:56 AM

Already on the way to collecting my 4th free Vulture across family and fun accounts. Don't monitor your progress beyond the free 7 day premium time and you'll be amazed how fast things move :)

#26 TruMantas

• Pip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 19 posts

Posted 15 June 2022 - 01:22 AM

View Postw0qj, on 13 June 2022 - 05:36 AM, said:

Yeah, just play with your favorite mechs with full skill tree, and you'll reach 8000 match score for free mech in no time!
At least it would not feel like a chore with your favorite mechs, right? Posted Image

Very much this. Just yesterday I farmed 2k match score by just running around on what is now my favourite Urbie. Posted Image
What happens when you slam ECM, an XL170 and 4 LPPCs on a trash-can? Fun times, is what!

#27 w0qj

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Territorial
  • The Territorial
  • 3,369 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationAt your 6 :)

Posted 15 June 2022 - 06:26 AM

And a warm welcome to MWO ;)

View PostTruMantas, on 15 June 2022 - 01:22 AM, said:

Very much this. Just yesterday I farmed 2k match score by just running around on what is now my favourite Urbie. Posted Image
What happens when you slam ECM, an XL170 and 4 LPPCs on a trash-can? Fun times, is what!

#28 Seelenlos

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 550 posts

Posted 20 June 2022 - 03:45 AM

Can you licence "Who Let the Dogs Out" for the Game or MAKE ME A WLTDO WARHORN !?!? Posted Image

I am born dog-year Posted Image

Edited by Seelenlos, 20 June 2022 - 03:45 AM.

#29 Seelenlos

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 550 posts

Posted 20 June 2022 - 04:02 AM

View PostTruMantas, on 15 June 2022 - 01:22 AM, said:

Something that should not happen at all in any MMO game!
But happens on nearly every suck MMO game on earth.

This is what happens ...

#30 SaltyReindeer

Rookie

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 2 posts

Posted 23 June 2022 - 11:12 AM

Are all the rewards held until the end of the event? I have over 8300 total match score, have 'redeemed' all the items unlocked and have waited several days and still have not seen any of the event items in the 'added to your account' pop up when logging in.

#31 Big-G

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 338 posts
  • LocationFormerly New Capetown, now Kikuyu - Lyran Alliance

Posted 23 June 2022 - 02:46 PM

View PostSaltyReindeer, on 23 June 2022 - 11:12 AM, said:

Are all the rewards held until the end of the event? I have over 8300 total match score, have 'redeemed' all the items unlocked and have waited several days and still have not seen any of the event items in the 'added to your account' pop up when logging in.

That's why I never bother redeeming from the web page, I use the "Sigma/Big E" symbol at the bottom of the screen in game to redeem rewards instantly.

I'd recommend you contact support then...

#32 SCHLIMMER BESTIMMER XXX

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • 879 posts
  • LocationNiemalsland

Posted 24 June 2022 - 04:24 PM

View PostD V Devnull, on 13 June 2022 - 02:34 AM, said:

Long time, no multi-reply... And then came June 2022's Event for one... Here we go! Posted Image

Have you been watching from one month to another? It so happens that they DO change the Challenges for each Event provided, and it's not all Match Score stuff! Go look back in time if you happen to not believe me, because I can wait for you to do so and sniff out exactly what I've stated. Posted Image

Sorry to hear that I will not be seeing you on the battlefields... I hope things get better and you get to break the leash in order to come back sooner than anticipated! Maybe you'll get a chance later on before the end to earn at least a small part of it, so then you can at least not end up with zilch? Posted Image

Maybe something is coming on the horizon to counter-balance the Snipers once more? I don't personally know, and might be barking up the wrong tree, but I thought a guess would be appropriate... Posted Image

In this particular Event which they gave us to do, your (MC) are being given in the form of other items. I suppose you want to be roasted severely about this? I'm going to take the time here for showing you the entire breakdown...
  • Mad Dog "Crusader" Camo —————————> 750 (MC) ... the Non-Sale price
  • MDD "Flag Smoke Jaguar - Back" Bolt-On ——–> 250 (MC) ... not colorable, never discounted
  • Color "Smoke Jaguar Red" ————————––> 1,000 (MC) ... the Non-Sale price
  • Color "Smoke Jaguar Black" ————————–> 1,000 (MC) ... the Non-Sale price
  • Color "Smoke Jaguar Grey" —————————> 1,000 (MC) ... the Non-Sale price
  • Decal "Clan Smoke Jaguar" —————————> 500 (MC) ... the Non-Sale price
  • Decal "Word - Crusader" —————————––> 180 (MC) ... the Non-Sale price
  • GSP Redeem Bundles - 75 GSP total ———–—> 937.5 (MC) ... properly calculated Non-Sale price
  • Active Premium Time - 7 Days ————————> 1,250 (MC) ... the Non-Sale price
  • Mech Bay for storing your MDD-A ——————–> 300 (MC) ... the Non-Sale price
  • Mad Dog 'MDD-A' Mech for ALL above to go on –> 4,755 (MC) ... the Non-Sale price
  • ———————————————————————————————————
  • Total (MC) gain in item form for June 2022 —> 11,922.5 (MC)
...and I will simply leave your face with a slack-jaw look from the shock of how much (MC) that those items are grand totaled to be worth. Why? Because if you had to purchase them all on your own without any Sales or Events going on, then you would be looking at paying out some really serious IRL $$$ to PGI in order to acquire all of that. They are being extremely kind in enabling you to gain everything that you're earning from the gameplay effort which you put into this June 2022 Event right now. It's literally "1.19225 (MC)" for every "1 Match Score" that you're earning, and is a rather epic deal to get. Even without putting the "Mad Dog 'MDD-A' Mech" in that listing due to it having a (C-Bills) price as well, it would still be a rather huge amount anyway. Please avoid misplaced complaints about the (MC) which you're earning a rather extreme amount of in an item form here, as it's rabidly wrong to metaphorically "bite" those who are giving you so extremely much. (yes, that pun is intended, simply in order to accentuate) This is one time I'm personally willing to stand up and defend PGI's MWO Team from the coldness you appear to show, and that's saying something in and of itself! Posted Image

With that, I'm off in the wind again... Posted Image ... Apparently with a flurry of loose dog hair? Posted Image

~D. V. "even those who post regarding June 2022's Event draw some dog-gone reactions from me" Devnull

(p.s.: Sorry for the puns, everyone... I couldn't help myself this time! Posted Image ...)

it was meant as a joke ;)
by the way, i have 16k GSP
NO JOKE
seriously

#33 Roodkapje

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 577 posts

Posted 28 June 2022 - 08:10 AM

Thank you for another Mad Dog variant which I have no idea what to do with like the MDD-C variant I have played for a while! Posted Image

Leaving it at 6 x SRM6 and 4 x ERML for now and will see if that works a bit when the QP queue has cleared up a bit for Heavy Mechs when the Crusader hype is behind us :)

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users