Crusader Challenge Event

15 replies to this topic

#1 InnerSphereNews

• Developer
  • Developer
  • 2,773 posts

Posted 21 June 2022 - 12:52 PM

Crusader Challenge Event

Thank you for purchasing the NEW Crusader Mech!
Here is an event full of rewards!

EARLY ADOPTERS REWARDS FOR THE CRUSADER COUNTDOWN
Jul. 19th 11:59:59 (PDT) (Jul. 20th 6:59:59 UTC)

#2 Nishivion

• PipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 53 posts

Posted 21 June 2022 - 01:18 PM

I like the style of "any x mech" keep up more of these.

#3 PraetorGix

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Warden
  • The Warden
  • 730 posts
  • LocationHere at home

Posted 21 June 2022 - 01:29 PM

Will you activate event queue when this starts? We were told several times an event queue in the new map using only heavies was gonna be up with the patch and I'm quite disappointed that it wasn't there.

#4 Matt Newman

Live Ops Manager

• Developer
  • Developer
  • 1,023 posts

Posted 21 June 2022 - 02:08 PM

View PostPraetorGix, on 21 June 2022 - 01:29 PM, said:

Will you activate event queue when this starts? We were told several times an event queue in the new map using only heavies was gonna be up with the patch and I'm quite disappointed that it wasn't there.

We are prepping that event for Friday and it will have it's own rewards :)
Want to make sure we get Max players involved to kick off the event as best as possible

#5 CycKath

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 2,574 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationSE QLD, Australia

Posted 21 June 2022 - 02:12 PM

View PostNishivion, on 21 June 2022 - 01:18 PM, said:

I like the style of "any x mech" keep up more of these.

Any Crusader, but still compare it to one for the Dervish which was the last new chassis - https://mwomercs.com/events/290

Dramatically more variety rather than just straight damage and done.

#6 Skull Rucker

• PipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 21 June 2022 - 02:53 PM

Head structure on the CRD-6T is currently 6!

Edited by Skull Rucker, 21 June 2022 - 02:54 PM.

#7 w0qj

• The Territorial
  • The Territorial
  • 3,368 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationAt your 6 :)

Posted 21 June 2022 - 03:35 PM

For those privileged to have bought Crusader Ultimate Pack especially:

Please keep your CRD-3R Standard Variant mech; part of this Event require this Standard Variant !

- - - - - - - - - - - -
Crusader Ultimate Pack Event rewards:
~Additional 700 MC (ie: 7x 100MC)
~Additional 21 days active Premium Time (ie: 7x 3days of Premium Time)
~Crusader Camo unlock for all Crusader Variants!

Good times! Posted Image

Edited by w0qj, 21 June 2022 - 04:19 PM.

#8 C337Skymaster

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 1,450 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 21 June 2022 - 07:01 PM

Observational query: I saw a friend running around in their new CRD-3R(S) without changing the loadout yet, and the LRM 15's in the arms only showed 9 tubes apiece. Further, when Phil/NGNG was previewing the CRD-7L, which has two missile hardpoints in the arms, but uses only one with the stock build, shouldn't the stock loadout fill the forearms, thus the forearms should be the primary missile slot, and the shoulders be the secondary missile slot, rather than the reverse as it currently stands?

Thanks for the insight!

#9 Jhebbal Sag

• Pip
  • The Predator
  • The Predator
  • 13 posts

Posted 22 June 2022 - 12:40 AM

Please, repair Tourmaline desert Posted Image

#10 D V Devnull

• Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 4,245 posts
  • LocationUnknown... Except for the stars, it's kind of dark here!

Posted 22 June 2022 - 02:43 AM

View PostPraetorGix, on 21 June 2022 - 01:29 PM, said:

View PostMatt Newman, on 21 June 2022 - 02:08 PM, said:

We are prepping that event for Friday and it will have it's own rewards Posted Image
Want to make sure we get Max players involved to kick off the event as best as possible

I second what Matt is saying here. Sync-locking it with the Crusader Mech's release would have been very premature, and could have easily left too many players out of the Event's run. Heck, I'm gonna reach back up there and hit the 'Like' Button on his posting immediately after I put this up! ^_^

If there's any chance Matt would appreciate some feedback/suggestions on how long to run this Event, it might still be worth starting it on Thursday Afternoon PST (2022-06-23, somewhere early as 12:00 to late as 17:00 PST) to give it a nice cycle-up, and then run it through the following Tuesday Late Evening PST (2022-06-28, somewhere up to 23:59 PST) for a fun finish. That way, everyone from around the world (including those who keep really odd or irregular hours) can have the maximum time possible to check out and enjoy this "Vitric Station"-based Event Queue run. But then as a bonus, Matt also gets the chance to royally stress-test the Event Queue modules, and see if there are any background Bugs caused by an extended run pushing things to the edge which would need fixing as well! Or if some adventurous person catches an evident major issue early on and messages anyone in PGI's MWO Team about it, then having the slightly earlier launch would give a chance to totally pull the Event temporarily and put out a News Post which explains the situation. After that, those who worked on the Event Queue functions would more-or-less have plenty of time bought for them to fix the issue before the real main run happens. (But hey, maybe I'm just over-thinking the logistics for a major party on this one?) :D

And before I forget about asking, is there going to be anything actively encouraging the whole "Crusader vs. Anti-Crusader" thing which was mentioned in the recent video (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=koHJRPbIztk) prior to June 2022's Patch being released? As someone else I know could have phrased it, "Inquiring minds want to know!", or at least that's what I think they would have said... :o

~D. V. "Sorry... I end up over-thinking about Event-related stuff! I want to see it go extremely well..." Devnull

#11 Oberst Jaime Wolf

• PipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 35 posts

Posted 22 June 2022 - 10:00 AM

Pro:
Yeahhh we got the crusader!!!
3 good Variante!
Nice high hardpoints!

Con:
You can hit those legs from Orbit.
You can hit those Arms from Mars.
One Variant has a 6 point internal headstructure Bug.

Overall thx alot Guys and keep going!!! Oh and nice new map but pls fix Turmalin.

#12 PraetorGix

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Warden
  • The Warden
  • 730 posts
  • LocationHere at home

Posted 22 June 2022 - 12:15 PM

View PostMatt Newman, on 21 June 2022 - 02:08 PM, said:

We are prepping that event for Friday and it will have it's own rewards Posted Image

Roger that, thx for the info. Tough to wait until Friday tbh but cannot complain about more prizes :B

#13 AmbidXtrousGNOME

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Crimson Sentinel
  • The Crimson Sentinel
  • 102 posts

Posted 24 June 2022 - 12:18 PM

*I'm trying to share a screen cap but to no avail. I'll describe it so just close your eyes and imagine the wonder!

Found this while looking for the kill counter in the Crusader cockpit. Well done PGI, well done.

By the pilots right hand there are three labels: "MISSLES", "MORE MISSLES", "ALL THE MISSLES"

Edited by AmbidXtrousGNOME, 24 June 2022 - 12:21 PM.

#14 C337Skymaster

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 1,450 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 24 June 2022 - 12:42 PM

View PostAmbidXtrousGNOME, on 24 June 2022 - 12:18 PM, said:

*I'm trying to share a screen cap but to no avail. I'll describe it so just close your eyes and imagine the wonder!

Found this while looking for the kill counter in the Crusader cockpit. Well done PGI, well done.

By the pilots right hand there are three labels: "MISSLES", "MORE MISSLES", "ALL THE MISSLES"

You have to upload the picture somewhere else (Discord works), then copy the link into the MWO forums using the "image" feature at the top of the reply box.

#15 Mr D One

• Star Colonel IV
  • Star Colonel IV
  • 1,266 posts
  • LocationMmmmmm yes

Posted 19 July 2022 - 05:28 AM

Unfortunately, 11 years too late.

Also you could have given it two antenna so you could plagiarize the Armored GBP VF-1J.

You can gift me the Ultimate Crusader pack as an apology for 2016 Russ, and I might be tempted to dip my mecha toe in the MWO waters, as MWO is sorely lacking 5 star players.

You need to work with me, I don't need to work with you.

#16 martian

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,577 posts

Posted 19 July 2022 - 05:38 AM

View PostMr D One, on 19 July 2022 - 05:28 AM, said:

Unfortunately, 11 years too late.

Also you could have given it two antenna so you could plagiarize the Armored GBP VF-1J.

You can gift me the Ultimate Crusader pack as an apology for 2016 Russ, and I might be tempted to dip my mecha toe in the MWO waters, as MWO is sorely lacking 5 star players.

You need to work with me, I don't need to work with you.

Russ Bullock ignores this forums.

If you want to let Russ Bullock know, use his Twitter.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users