6 replies to this topic

#1 ScrapIron Prime

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 4,743 posts
  • LocationSmack dab in the middle of Ohio

Posted 23 June 2022 - 08:11 AM

Wanted to jump start a thread for Crusader builds. The mech isn't available on MechDB yet, but we can build them there in the mechlab anyway, we just have to leave 2 open spaces in each arm for the lower arms and hands.

https://mwo.nav-alph...6d5206d5_CUSTOM

With this build, I'm violating my basic rule of mixing LRMs and SRMs in a single build. Normally I avoid this because the overlap where you can use both is so narrow. But the Crusader is GOOD at it, its quirks don't lend to a different specialty, and it fits the lore of the mech, which is always where I start.

Two Artemis LRM10's for firing on the way to the brawl and opportunity shots once there, then four Artemis SRM 4's for near-pinpoint in the brawl, backed by a couple Medium Lasers.

I've run it about a dozen times so far and am 12 for 12 with it, a 2.0 or higher KDR thus far and 500+ damage each match... so it works despite how it looks.

But... I look forward to other people's takes on the chassis! Conversation jump-started!

#2 Sophid

Rookie

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 2 posts

Posted 23 June 2022 - 02:18 PM

Looks interesting, I'll try it out!

#3 Sophid

Rookie

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 2 posts

Posted 23 June 2022 - 03:23 PM

What are you thinking with the 7L? I'm on the struggle-bus with a big slow mech utilizing stealth armor. :P

#4 ScrapIron Prime

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 4,743 posts
  • LocationSmack dab in the middle of Ohio

Posted 24 June 2022 - 01:48 PM

View PostSophid, on 23 June 2022 - 03:23 PM, said:

What are you thinking with the 7L? I'm on the struggle-bus with a big slow mech utilizing stealth armor. Posted Image

I don't have a build for the 7L that I like yet. I ground through my 5 matches in a 4xASRM4 + 2xMRM10 + 2MPL guy with a 260LFE, but I didn't really like it.

#5 TruMantas

• Pip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 19 posts

Posted 26 June 2022 - 08:58 AM

For the 7L I've been having fantastic results with ECM, LE260, 2x MRM40 in the side torsos, 2 Double HS and 5 (I think) tons of ammo. A 1-2 punch from the chain-firing MRMs deals a ton of damage and I've consistently gotten kills (8, across 3 games). The only issue is that you'll eventually run out of ammo. You can potentially replace the MRM 80 for am MRM 60 and more ammo, but your alpha will shrink by 25% and that can be the difference between life and death, when you're brawling with Assaults.

Edited by TruMantas, 26 June 2022 - 08:59 AM.

#6 Master Q

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 440 posts

Posted 02 July 2022 - 11:02 AM

View PostTruMantas, on 26 June 2022 - 08:58 AM, said:

For the 7L I've been having fantastic results with ECM, LE260, 2x MRM40 in the side torsos, 2 Double HS and 5 (I think) tons of ammo. A 1-2 punch from the chain-firing MRMs deals a ton of damage and I've consistently gotten kills (8, across 3 games). The only issue is that you'll eventually run out of ammo. You can potentially replace the MRM 80 for am MRM 60 and more ammo, but your alpha will shrink by 25% and that can be the difference between life and death, when you're brawling with Assaults.

I was trying to figure out a way to leverage the SRM distance quirk.... still thinking on it. Trying to decide if 6x SRM6 racks with 5 tons of ammo, or a mix of 4xASRM6 and 2xASRM4 racks with 4.5 tons of ammo is better.

XL260 is basically required to pull that off of course.

#7 CFC Conky

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Fire
  • Fire
  • 1,738 posts
  • LocationThe PSR basement.

Posted 02 July 2022 - 12:49 PM

I run my -3R with either 1xLB10X, 5xSRM2 or 2xMRM40.

Both work well enough for me although I don’t survive most matches. Posted Image

Good hunting,
CFC Conky

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users