Void Any Good?

11 replies to this topic

#1 LordNothing

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 16,731 posts

Posted 23 June 2022 - 06:27 PM

its free hero time. i got enough mc to choose from a short subset of currently on-sale heroes that i don't currently own.

invictus
fang
void
dao breaker

seeing as the first one is a streak boat, the second is yet another dragon with a bonus (i bought the stryker pack), and the fourth is yet another rifleman with a bonus (own the legend killer already). the void as a dakka/laser boat seems the best of the bunch. thoughts?

#2 RickySpanish

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 3,510 posts
  • LocationWubbing your comrades

Posted 23 June 2022 - 07:08 PM

It honestly does seem like the most unique - double clan laser/gauss vomit with MASC can't be all that common can it? It's a very curious variant with its asymmetry. I didn't realise it was on sale, I might pick it up as well. Only thing is, it's a wide boi.

Edited by RickySpanish, 23 June 2022 - 07:10 PM.

#3 LordNothing

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 16,731 posts

Posted 23 June 2022 - 07:40 PM

View PostLockheed_, on 23 June 2022 - 07:35 PM, said:

Dao Breaker can run 5 LL without ghost heat, or 4 LPL. That would be my choice out of the mechs you listed.

i guess il take a closer look at that one.

#4 mytilus edulis

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 213 posts

Posted 24 June 2022 - 12:10 PM

The Void is fun and reasonably powerful but in practice it can feel quite awkward to play with pretty awful convergence and hitboxes. The Dao Breaker as mentioned is a smoother experience. Both feel about the same durability wise but the Dao Breaker can ridge peek a lot easier.

The Void pretty much only does mini Deathstrike gaussvom as a build. There are other build options but they're not really that effective

Edited by mytilus edulis, 24 June 2022 - 12:11 PM.

#5 John Bronco

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Fighter
  • The Fighter
  • 966 posts

Posted 24 June 2022 - 01:45 PM

Void with 1xgauss 2xHLL 3xERML is alright. Double gauss is a full expose convergence nightmare.

#6 crazytimes

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,316 posts

Posted 24 June 2022 - 03:09 PM

It's a 'fun' mech more than a game winner for me.

I've got two builds I swap between. 2xGauss + 4ERML is a slower ranged build. 2 x UAC10 + 4xERSML does ~100kph and is more fun than the snipey variant.

#7 LordNothing

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 16,731 posts

Posted 24 June 2022 - 06:03 PM

im more doing it for hero collecting purposes. i think ive bought most of the "good" heros already. own all light heroes and about half of all the other classes. heavies being the class with the least. i think im going to put 20 games on it unless it does well enough to take to 50 and its going to be one among an already large backlog of mechs that need games on them. the void has the added bonus of collecting a second hellfire chassis (already have a good number of riflemen with at least a couple having cbill bonuses already). still the dao breaker seems like it would produce better scores.

#8 Meep Meep

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 2,722 posts
  • LocationBehind You

Posted 24 June 2022 - 11:55 PM

The ebon jag EC is pretty decent if you like missile slinging and still want some energy backup so you are not completely defenseless. You can mix and match a build like this.

Lurmz N Lazorz

#9 mytilus edulis

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 213 posts

Posted 25 June 2022 - 03:28 AM

View PostMeep Meep, on 24 June 2022 - 11:55 PM, said:

The ebon jag EC is pretty decent if you like missile slinging and still want some energy backup so you are not completely defenseless. You can mix and match a build like this.

Lurmz N Lazorz

It would be a shame to buy this hero and not use it for UAC builds. With the right pods you get something like -40% jam chance.

#10 panzer1b

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 703 posts

Posted 25 June 2022 - 04:09 AM

Its not bad at least on paper (2GR+5ERML is quite scary on anything as you get DPS with the GRs and very good damage per exposure, baby deathstrike with 1 less ERML and better agility), and it can run some UAC10 builds as well (or as someone mentioned 1GR+HLL/ERMLs (albeit id rather have that on a sunspider which has better hitboxes and hardpoints or ECM hellbringer which can run 83 alpha with a gauss vomit build and still have enuff DPS to not be worthless in a sustained battle).

That said, it and the hellfire in general is super rare on the battlefield for 1 simple reason: terribly wide and somewhat low harpoints which forces it to expose alot of the mech which is fine in a agressive push, but makes it a very very weak peeking mech (and thus why as scary as the gauss vomit build is on it, i find UACs to be more practical if you are forced to play agressively they work somewhat better). If you have nothing better to buy go for it, its not worthless. Just be aware that the number 1 best build on paper has huge flaws in practive due to the hardpoint layout and the sheer width of the mech. Its very similar to the ebon actually with the wide hardpoints, but the ebon at least has a couple ok builds that rely on ST firepower and not arm mounts. I just cant think of anything that this mech can run that isnt done better on something else and doesnt rely on the super wide arms.

If you dont already have it, get themanul hero from the sunspider, it can run 1GR+2HLL+3ERML with enuff DHS to actually sustain that alpha after the initial poke which happens to be 70 damage. It does all that with way better hardpoints (if you can see it you can usually shoot it at least with the left or right side). Its not as high sustained DPS cause onluy 1 GR, but its just so much easier to use if you want something sorta like the GV void build without the hardpoint flaws.

#11 LordNothing

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 16,731 posts

Posted 25 June 2022 - 12:09 PM

View PostMeep Meep, on 24 June 2022 - 11:55 PM, said:

Lurmz N Lazorz

im a little short for an ebon jag, same for the manul. pretty much can only afford 60 tonners. i suppose i could just sit on it for another event or two, but you never know when these mechs go on sale again. if i didnt list it i either own it already or cant afford it.

Edited by LordNothing, 25 June 2022 - 12:15 PM.

#12 RickySpanish

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 3,510 posts
  • LocationWubbing your comrades

Posted 26 June 2022 - 07:18 PM

I tried Void out in training grounds and man, I dunno. It's not just pish because of all the issues others have brought up, it's also not really getting a good benefit from MASC. Whereas MASC on other 'Mechs like Shadowcat or Executioner really give a marked improvement to agility, Void just feels sluggish even with MASC up.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users