Platinum Collection 04 Events Are Posted!

16 replies to this topic

#1 InnerSphereNews

• Developer
  • Developer
  • 2,773 posts

Posted 29 June 2022 - 03:55 PM

Platinum Collections 04

What is a Platinum Collection?
  • Platinum Collections are comprised of 4 Platinum 'Mech Variants, 4 'Mech Bays, and 4 Platinum Pattern Unlocks.
  • 4 Platinum 'Mechs are selected variants upgraded with a (P) designation, elevating a Platinum 'Mech to Special 'Mech status with a 30% C-bill Boost. (Mech Bays included)
  • When you purchase a Platinum Collection you also unlock the Platinum Pattern for the Variants of the Chassis types included in the Platinum Pack.

Inner Sphere Collection 04 LINK>>

• Panther PNT-9R(P) + Platinum Pattern Unlock for all Panther Variants
  • Bushwacker BSW-X2(P) + Platinum Pattern Unlock for all Bushwacker Variants
  • Grasshopper GHR-5P(P) + Platinum Pattern Unlock for all Grasshopper Variants
  • Annihilator ANH-1X(P) + Platinum Pattern Unlock for all Annihilator Variants

Clan Collection 04 LINK>>

• Mist lynx MLX-G(P) + Platinum Pattern Unlock for all Mist Lynx Variants
  • Stormcrow SCR-B(P) + Platinum Pattern Unlock for all Stormcrow Variants
  • Hellbringer HBR-B(P) + Platinum Pattern Unlock for all Hellbringer Variants
  • Gargoyle GAR-E(P) + Platinum Pattern Unlock for all Gargoyle Variants

AND be on the lookout for the Platinum Collection 04 Events starting tomorrow
available in-game or on the EVENTS PAGE

#2 imhoopjones

• PipPip
  • 40 posts

Posted 29 June 2022 - 04:52 PM

needed the good CT energy GAR. oh well. wish you just gave an option of a chassis and variant

#3 minnowzzz

• PipPipPip
  • The Stryker
  • The Stryker
  • 60 posts

Posted 29 June 2022 - 05:18 PM

I would love to see another variant pack!

#4 -Ramrod-

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Solitary
  • The Solitary
  • 677 posts
  • LocationSome place

Posted 29 June 2022 - 08:19 PM

Why do they always pick the mostly garbage variants? Some are good but most are ones I rarely see anybody playing.

#5 confracto

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 111 posts
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted 29 June 2022 - 10:32 PM

View Post-Ramrod-, on 29 June 2022 - 08:19 PM, said:

Why do they always pick the mostly garbage variants? Some are good but most are ones I rarely see anybody playing.

Back when I was in charge of picking the variant, I was looking at stats for what variants got played the most in 2021, and use that to strongly inform my opinion. Also, things like if there was already a c-bill boosted version would remove it from consideration, as one of the main goals was to provide a c-bill boost to a variant that didn't have it yet.

As for what chassis get picked, that was much more chaotic.

#6 w0qj

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Territorial
  • The Territorial
  • 3,368 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationAt your 6 :)

Posted 29 June 2022 - 11:30 PM

Err... so where can we get public stats for which variants got played the most in 2021?

For example, I was under the impression that GHR-5H got played a lot more than GHR-5P(P) now featured in the Platinum Collection 04. In fact, I do not recall seeing any GHR-5P at all. All I see is GHR-5H, and once in a (long) while the GHR hero mech.

View Postconfracto, on 29 June 2022 - 10:32 PM, said:

Back when I was in charge of picking the variant, I was looking at stats for what variants got played the most in 2021, and use that to strongly inform my opinion. Also, things like if there was already a c-bill boosted version would remove it from consideration, as one of the main goals was to provide a c-bill boost to a variant that didn't have it yet.

As for what chassis get picked, that was much more chaotic.

Edited by w0qj, 29 June 2022 - 11:34 PM.

#7 FupDup

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 26,888 posts
  • LocationThe Keeper of Memes

Posted 30 June 2022 - 03:05 AM

View Post-Ramrod-, on 29 June 2022 - 08:19 PM, said:

They still need to figure out some kind of way for people to manually make a variant of their own choice into a hero. It's gonna take forever for them to make plat versions of every single variant in the game (i.e. never gonna happen).

My own idea for the easiest way to do this would be a cockpit item that boosts C-Bills by 30% and is restricted to only a specific chassis or even just one variant. And buying that item would unlock the plat camo for the mech you bought it for.

#8 Solomon Birch

• PipPipPip
  • The Marauder
  • The Marauder
  • 58 posts
  • LocationBehind you

Posted 30 June 2022 - 10:53 AM

Platinum Annihilator? I can has Mechagodzilla?

#9 Heavy Money

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Marauder
  • 1,274 posts

Posted 30 June 2022 - 11:42 AM

These are the first Platinum packs I'm not going to grab because the mech selection in them is just unimpressive, especially the Clan side. The ANH is okay, but its not enough for me to get the whole IS pack.

The main point of these Platinum mechs is to be able to get a c-bill bonus on variants you normally cannot. This makes omnimechs a poor choice because you can already get a cbill bonus (and unique pods) from the hero variant. This is not always the case, as there are some unique So8 that won't work on the hero, and some omnimechs have unique CTs that this could matter for. But it is the case for all those chosen here. None of these offer enough over just running the hero.

In the future when choosing what omnimech variants to do, please consider ones with more unique CT quirks or hardpoints, or with So8's that are actually worthwhile. Sell us platinum variants of good mechs that people want to play. There's nothing wrong with doing that! The point of these is for us to give you more money in order for some shiny things that let us make bonus c-bills on a wider variety of mechs. You can just go down the list of top played mechs, find ones that don't already have a c-bill bonus option, and put 2 of those in each pack, and then 2 others for flavor (and control for mechs that are common but are omnimechs that aren't using a loadout connected to the actual variant.) Its fine if part of the point is to get people playing less used mechs. Just don't make it the whole point, because those mechs are probably less used for a reason!

Some Omnimechs that would be a good choice in the future because they have a unique CT or good So8:
- BAS-A or BAS-B (currently no way to get either ECM CT and a c-bill bonus. These would sell like hot cakes!)
- EXE-A
- TBR-S (this would be huge! Most used CT!), TBR-D, TBR-A
- BLK-A
- SHC-B (also huge!), SHC-P

On the IS side, here are some popular variants that I (and I think many others) would immediately buy the pack for, regardless of what else is in it:

- STK-5S
- MAD-4L or 6S
- NSR-10P
- MAD-5M
- WHM-6D or 7S
- SHD-2K
- CN9-D

As much as we'd all like to think that all mech variants have a use or will have one at some point, it just isn't true yet. These Platinum packs are about increasing revenue now. So let's not beat around the bush! Just give us the mechs we like Posted Image

Edited by Heavy Money, 01 July 2022 - 09:47 AM.

#10 JOATMON Incorporated

• PipPipPip
  • The Clamps
  • The Clamps
  • 90 posts
  • LocationEarth

Posted 01 July 2022 - 01:34 AM

View PostHeavy Money, on 30 June 2022 - 11:42 AM, said:

These are the first Platinum packs I'm not going to grab because the mech selection in them is just unimpressive, especially the Clan side. The ANH is okay, but its not enough for me to get the whole IS pack.

The main point of these Platinum mechs is to be able to get a c-bill bonus on variants you normally cannot. This makes omnimechs a poor choice because you can already get a cbill bonus (and unique pods) from the hero variant. This is not always the case, as there are some unique So8 that won't work on the hero, and some omnimechs have unique CTs that this could matter for. But it is the case for all those chosen here. None of these offer enough over just running the hero.

In the future when choosing what omnimech variants to do, please consider ones with more unique CT quirks or hardpoints, or with So8's that are actually worthwhile. Sell us platinum variants of good mechs that people want to play. There's nothing wrong with doing that! The point of these is for us to give you more money in order for some shiny things that let us make bonus c-bills on a wider variety of mechs. You can just go down the list of top played mechs, find ones that don't already have a c-bill bonus option, and put 2 of those in each pack, and then 2 others for flavor (and control for mechs that are common but are omnimechs that aren't using a loadout connected to the actual variant.) Its fine if part of the point is to get people playing less used mechs. Just don't make it the whole point, because those mechs are probably less used for a reason!

Some Omnimechs that would be a good choice in the future because they have a unique CT or good So8:
- BAS-A or BAS-B (currently no way to get either ECM CT and a c-bill bonus. These would sell like hot cakes!)
- EXE-A
- BLK-A

On the IS side, here are some popular variants that I (and I think many others) would immediately buy the pack for, regardless of what else is in it:

- STK-5S
- MAD-4L or 6S
- NSR-10P
- MAD-5M
- WHM-6D or 7S
- SHD-2K
- CN9-D

As much as we'd all like to think that all mech variants have a use or will have one at some point, it just isn't true. These Platinum packs are about increasing revenue now. So let's not beat around the bush! Just give us the mechs we like Posted Image

Personally I liked the IS pack but I think you are spot on for the Clan pack Omni mech selection this time around.

So8 in general needs to be revisited on all omni sets. If the CT on a mech has something unique, ie ECM, AMS, a weapon hardpoint, etc and no other CT for the chasis has that same item, then feel free to leave that So8 as is. However in the more likely case where the CT has no unique intrinsic nature, then pull something off the So8 (either a whole trait or even part of a trait), and move it onto the CT in order to create a somewhat unique CT.

#11 Navid A1

• CS 2022 Gold Champ
  • CS 2022 Gold Champ
  • 4,931 posts
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted 01 July 2022 - 09:50 AM

- EXE-A
- BLK-A

- STK-5S
- MAD-4L or 6S
- NSR-10P
- MAD-5M
- WHM-6D or 7S
- SHD-2K
- CN9-D

As much as we'd all like to think that all mech variants have a use or will have one at some point, it just isn't true. These Platinum packs are about increasing revenue now. So let's not beat around the bush! Just give us the mechs we like Posted Image

The mechs in the packs are picked based on performance, providing a special version for a variant that does not have it, and build variety.

most of the mechs picked in this are among the better performing variants. Whether they were used before or not, based on past balance state is a smaller factor. It's about you getting a mech that performs well.

PNT-9R is an excellent variant boosted and focused on PPC family. Try the new boosted SNPPCs on it. Try LPPCs on it. Dual ERPPCs.

BSW-X2 is a powerful alternative to the X1 (which is used as a 3xRAC platform commonly and has a (S) variant too), that allows builds around dual big ballistics with a center energy like a LPPC or SNPPC

GHR-5P is an excellent long range focused mech, as well as LPL+ERML combos... The best GHR variant when it comes to weapon convergence. 8 energy hardpoints around the cockpit... the only mech that has more is the god-level STK-7D.

ANH-1X is a traditional high dps brawl ANH variant.

MLX-G needs no explanation. top of the line mech in terms of performance.

SCR-B, Good SO8 setup, boosted with extra ammo on the pods, either with UAC20+6xSPL combo or Gauss + 6xERML. And if you want to go beyon SO8, Excellent SPL+Micro laser mech, SRM, Streaks, LPL+ERML, on a medium mech that can go 100+kph

HBR-B was picked due to a unique SO8 setup with recent boosts to ammo and cooldown and survival for ballistic builds. And the fact that most popular variants of the chassis already have special variants. Beyond SO8, you can make any other build you want on the special (P) variant

GAR-E with the high mounted quad energy hardpoint setup with the most CT survival boost among the chassis variants on a mech with a huge CT hitbox. Try 3xERPPC, 3xLPL+3xERML, 3xERLL, 2xHLL+4xERML+2xSRM6.... And with a SO8 quirk pass happening to it soon.

Also note that the Platinum packs are an ongoing thing. Next one might be exciting.

Edited by Navid A1, 01 July 2022 - 10:01 AM.

#12 Heavy Money

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Marauder
  • 1,274 posts

Posted 01 July 2022 - 12:13 PM

View PostNavid A1, on 01 July 2022 - 09:50 AM, said:

The mechs in the packs are picked based on performance, providing a special version for a variant that does not have it, and build variety.

most of the mechs picked in this are among the better performing variants. Whether they were used before or not, based on past balance state is a smaller factor. It's about you getting a mech that performs well...

Great breakdown, thanks! I'm sure that will be useful for people who are on the fence.

I am reconsidering the IS pack now, hmm...

And good to know the GAR is getting its So8 looked at soon!

#13 PocketYoda

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 4,136 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 02 July 2022 - 07:05 AM

Anyone else feel these platinum mech packs feel anemic, can't really recolor them, no extras like GSP or Cbills etc.. Nice and all but for my $20 i like to get a few side dishes with my dinner..

#14 sycxowl

• Pip
  • Raging Lotus
  • Raging Lotus
  • 12 posts

Posted 02 July 2022 - 09:42 AM

View PostNomad Tech, on 02 July 2022 - 07:05 AM, said:

Anyone else feel these platinum mech packs feel anemic, can't really recolor them, no extras like GSP or Cbills etc.. Nice and all but for my $20 i like to get a few side dishes with my dinner..

Literally none of what you said is true now.

#15 JC Daxion

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 5,230 posts

Posted 02 July 2022 - 10:52 PM

I gotta disagree with you here, having a Platinum OMNI is awesome. You can paint any of your other favs with the color as well. A platinum hellbringer would be the prime reason to buy this package for me, though IS side a platinum panther would be nice.

The variants they are picking are also pretty solid ones. They are not ones that already had an option and while they all aren't my favs, there are some very solid ones. The cat K2, Kodiak 3, HBK-4P, Bushwacker X1 are just a few that stand out as very solid mechs.

Sure, maybe not all are my choice of my favorite variant, but there are so many boostable mechs these days being able to spread the paint to them is great.

Also you have to look at it this way too, what if the people bought the Resistance package, they already had one mauler boosted so at least they picked the MX90 which is a mech that has been popular in the past and still is fun. Another thing people can paint their founders Catapult, or Sara's Jenner or some Hero they love. I'm very tempted to buy the one with the catapult just so i can paint my Jester with it or Drive around in my 4G, non-founders version Posted Image Boy i wish i had that founders 4G, it's one of my favorite mechs.. all these years with a Cbill boost would of been nice

Every pack has at least 1 i want hehe.. I'm still not sure what i wanna buy though. I may just wait and see what others end up. who knows maybe your favorite mech might get chosen one day. Posted Image

Edited by JC Daxion, 02 July 2022 - 10:57 PM.

#16 w0qj

• The Territorial
  • The Territorial
  • 3,368 posts

Posted 06 July 2022 - 02:34 PM

Many thanks for your very detailed explanation!

IS Platinum Collection 04: Sold ! (GHR-5P sounds good, ANH-1X will give it a spin!)
Clan Platinum Collection 04: Sold !! (MLX-G & upcoming GAR-E SO8 sounds interesting!)

And the 2022 Beach Party Event also gives bonus loot bags for buying each of the Platinum Collection packs 1/2/3/4 !

View PostNavid A1, on 01 July 2022 - 09:50 AM, said:

most of the mechs picked in this are among the better performing variants. Whether they were used before or not, based on past balance state is a smaller factor. It's about you getting a mech that performs well.

PNT-9R is an excellent variant boosted and focused on PPC family. Try the new boosted SNPPCs on it. Try LPPCs on it. Dual ERPPCs.

BSW-X2 is a powerful alternative to the X1 (which is used as a 3xRAC platform commonly and has a (S) variant too), that allows builds around dual big ballistics with a center energy like a LPPC or SNPPC

GHR-5P is an excellent long range focused mech, as well as LPL+ERML combos... The best GHR variant when it comes to weapon convergence. 8 energy hardpoints around the cockpit... the only mech that has more is the god-level STK-7D.

ANH-1X is a traditional high dps brawl ANH variant.

MLX-G needs no explanation. top of the line mech in terms of performance.

SCR-B, Good SO8 setup, boosted with extra ammo on the pods, either with UAC20+6xSPL combo or Gauss + 6xERML. And if you want to go beyon SO8, Excellent SPL+Micro laser mech, SRM, Streaks, LPL+ERML, on a medium mech that can go 100+kph

HBR-B was picked due to a unique SO8 setup with recent boosts to ammo and cooldown and survival for ballistic builds. And the fact that most popular variants of the chassis already have special variants. Beyond SO8, you can make any other build you want on the special (P) variant

GAR-E with the high mounted quad energy hardpoint setup with the most CT survival boost among the chassis variants on a mech with a huge CT hitbox. Try 3xERPPC, 3xLPL+3xERML, 3xERLL, 2xHLL+4xERML+2xSRM6.... And with a SO8 quirk pass happening to it soon.

Also note that the Platinum packs are an ongoing thing. Next one might be exciting.

#17 w0qj

• The Territorial
  • The Territorial
  • 3,368 posts

Posted 06 July 2022 - 02:40 PM

To MWO:

Display Bug: Both IS Platinum Collection 04 and Clan Platinum Collection 04 does not show "Plat.Event" on it.

(Currently there's a bonus Platinum Event ongoing for above two packs!)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users