141 replies to this topic

#21 martian

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,578 posts

Posted 18 July 2022 - 08:10 PM

View PostD V Devnull, on 18 July 2022 - 04:40 PM, said:

Can anyone tell me what this "v1.4.264.0 - July 18th, 2022" Patch will mean to a Win7 user who can't hang onto their MWO connection and has zero issues with their computer other than MWO acting up badly since the "Error 13" Patch and the "v1.4.261.0 - June 21st, 2022" Patch both landed??? I can not upgrade or get a new system regardless of what I do, this issue has been acting like an ocean wave on steroids, and I'm beginning to feel like PGI's MWO Team does not want part of their player base anymore! Posted Image

~D. V. "being killed too much by rubberbanding for the last 27 days, and feeling like 'v1.4.264.0' won't fix that" Devnull

Check the MWO system requirements, please:

Posted Image

#22 Steel Raven

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,367 posts

Posted 18 July 2022 - 08:26 PM

I don't often comment here anymore but couple of the Hunchback buffs are insane.

#23 martian

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,578 posts

Posted 18 July 2022 - 08:40 PM

View PostInnerSphereNews, on 18 July 2022 - 03:57 PM, said:

MECHWARRIOR ONLINE

July 2022 Patch Notes

And now, we really hope you enjoy the patch!

Magnificent!

So all Assault 'Mechs are being boosted, obviously because being the most powerful class of 'Mechs in MWO was not enough!
  • The Assault sniping is being boosted with the boosted Gauss Rifle stats (you do not see too many GRs on light and medium 'Mechs, but on heavies and many Assaults).
  • Assault 'Mechs Armor hardening and Skeletal density boosted ....
Because the Assault class with its best K/D ratio, best MS ratio and the best W/L ratio really needed boosting!

#24 Saved By The Bell

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 674 posts
  • LocationJapan

Posted 18 July 2022 - 08:52 PM

Hey guys, reduce ECM a bit, I want to play LRMs sometimes.

#25 Surn

• The God of Death
  • The God of Death
  • 1,073 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationSan Diego

Posted 18 July 2022 - 10:43 PM

All hail the assault snipers!

#26 Navid A1

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2022 Gold Champ
  • CS 2022 Gold Champ
  • 4,931 posts
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted 18 July 2022 - 10:58 PM

View PostNightbird, on 18 July 2022 - 04:19 PM, said:

Glad to see OP lights finally nerfed to the ground!

Buffing the best weight class - Assaults - with a 80% increase in armor skill tree? Is the Cauldron giving up on maintaining even the appearance of trying to balance?

If by OP lights you are referring to the Ember and Firestorm losing MG RoF, then it is better to pay attention to the rest of the stuff they are getting too.

Instead of having an inferior copy paste of dozen different SPL+MG mechs, Ember being boosted into mid/kiting range brings it out of being a worse Firestorm.
The firestorm itself also never relies on 10% MG RoF, its best builds are often 3xLPPC+4xMG or 4xMPLs+4xMGs.
I should also say that LMGs will get another revision in August.

Regarding heavy and assault mechs... Unfortunately since we are stuck with large scale mechs, there are only two paths ahead.
- Doing a complete blanket nerf to everything... including heatsinks, weapons, etc. (affecting every mech in the game) so that having 10 times surface area would not catch every shot lobbed at general direction of the mech.
- Address the larger mechs specifically

The changes to armor and structure nodes, for a 100 tonner for example which is the largest change will lead to only 7.2% boost to armor (at max) compared to the currently live game and a 6.4% boost to structure (at max) compared the currently live game (despite you framing it as 80%, to make it sound like it is a crazy change)

And that is the maximum extent of it for a 100 tonner. The absolute highest boost you can get out of this change.
Also if you want, feel free to check the current tree and see the amount of raw armor gain you get from the tree for a 100 tonner compared to a 60 or 65 tonner.

Increasing TTK for slow brawling short range assaults, which are the main focus of this change is always a good thing. That said, adjustment to the current survival quirks of some assault mechs have never been off the table, as I can think of a few myself.

Also btw... you can check the rest of the quirk list which is mainly focused on lights and mediums.

Edited by Navid A1, 18 July 2022 - 11:19 PM.

#27 Navid A1

• CS 2022 Gold Champ
  • CS 2022 Gold Champ
  • 4,931 posts
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted 18 July 2022 - 11:09 PM

View Postmartian, on 18 July 2022 - 08:40 PM, said:

Magnificent!

So all Assault 'Mechs are being boosted, obviously because being the most powerful class of 'Mechs in MWO was not enough!
  • The Assault sniping is being boosted with the boosted Gauss Rifle stats (you do not see too many GRs on light and medium 'Mechs, but on heavies and many Assaults).
  • Assault 'Mechs Armor hardening and Skeletal density boosted ....
Because the Assault class with its best K/D ratio, best MS ratio and the best W/L ratio really needed boosting!

It's not like IS Gauss rifle sucked harder than 2020, right?

Also count me how many Assault snipers there are vs the whole assault mech line-up.
The armor and structure gains from the tree (which btw are 7.2% and 6.4% increases at max for 100 tonners) are more geared towards slower shorter range assaults to make them able to take a few more shots to get closer. A sniping assault mech gets dunked on with or without an armor boost the moment a close range mech gets to it.

A lot of assault mech fan boys are still angry that light mechs can kill their big mechs and that they can't play turret simulator with no drawback... but this is a PvP... and a short range mech should have the upper hand.

#28 Navid A1

• CS 2022 Gold Champ
  • CS 2022 Gold Champ
  • 4,931 posts
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted 18 July 2022 - 11:16 PM

View PostLockheed_, on 18 July 2022 - 11:10 PM, said:

Whenever the topic of lights being OP is brought up some will counter (and bring up a graph) that lights are the worst performing and picked class and assaults are still the best and I think it's a valid point. How come that assaults get blanket buffs while they are the best performing weight class? Shouldn't those blanket buffs go to lights mechs instead?

Do you know how wide the gap between the performance is?
I can ask if we can show a few stats... or ask PGI to show some stats.
But for now... lets just say that the gap has been nearly eliminated, since August 2021, which was one of the main goals anyway.

And again... the change to armor and structure boosts (which I say again... 7.2% and 6.4% at absolute max... since someone just throws 80% boost around), are mainly with slower short range assaults in mind. To make them able to get to a brawl and still be effective.

Edited by Navid A1, 18 July 2022 - 11:17 PM.

#29 Audacious Aubergine

• The Death Wish
  • The Death Wish
  • 1,029 posts

Posted 18 July 2022 - 11:17 PM

Holy Hunchbacks!

Is that increased gauss cooldown quirk on the GI only for standard gauss, or for light and heavy gauss as well?

#30 Navid A1

• CS 2022 Gold Champ
  • CS 2022 Gold Champ
  • 4,931 posts
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted 18 July 2022 - 11:19 PM

View PostAudacious Aubergine, on 18 July 2022 - 11:17 PM, said:

Holy Hunchbacks!

Is that increased gauss cooldown quirk on the GI only for standard gauss, or for light and heavy gauss as well?

All Gauss rifle family

#31 Oberst Jaime Wolf

• PipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 35 posts

Posted 18 July 2022 - 11:27 PM

You were meant to bring balance to the Game, not destroy it. You were the choosen ones!

#32 Navid A1

• CS 2022 Gold Champ
  • CS 2022 Gold Champ
  • 4,931 posts
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted 18 July 2022 - 11:28 PM

View PostLockheed_, on 18 July 2022 - 11:23 PM, said:

I think seeing some actual stats would be really helpful!
There's really no reason why these stats should be secret anyway, especially in a time where the community is part of the balancing and future of the game.

I also don't understand why such stats shouldn't be public

#33 martian

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,578 posts

Posted 18 July 2022 - 11:28 PM

View PostNavid A1, on 18 July 2022 - 11:09 PM, said:

It's not like IS Gauss rifle sucked harder than 2020, right?

Also count me how many Assault snipers there are vs the whole assault mech line-up.
The armor and structure gains from the tree (which btw are 7.2% and 6.4% increases at max for 100 tonners) are more geared towards slower shorter range assaults to make them able to take a few more shots to get closer. A sniping assault mech gets dunked on with or without an armor boost the moment a close range mech gets to it.

A lot of assault mech fan boys are still angry that light mechs can kill their big mechs and that they can't play turret simulator with no drawback... but this is a PvP... and a short range mech should have the upper hand.

Those Assault boosts do not go only to "slower shorter range assaults". They go to all Assault 'Mechs - it's a blanket Assault 'Mechs boost.

#34 Navid A1

• CS 2022 Gold Champ
  • CS 2022 Gold Champ
  • 4,931 posts
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted 18 July 2022 - 11:30 PM

View Postmartian, on 18 July 2022 - 11:28 PM, said:

Those Assault boosts do not go only to "slower shorter range assaults". They go to all Assault 'Mechs - it's a blanket Assault 'Mechs boost.

Easier to address a few outliers than to keep mega boosting the majority of the weight class each patch, chassis by chassis.

Like... a 90-100 tonner gets less raw armor from the tree at max skill than a 60-65 tonner currently. Despite being larger, slower, less agile and with worse JJs and mounts.

Edited by Navid A1, 18 July 2022 - 11:31 PM.

#35 martian

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,578 posts

Posted 18 July 2022 - 11:40 PM

View PostNavid A1, on 18 July 2022 - 11:30 PM, said:

Easier to address a few outliers than to keep mega boosting the majority of the weight class each patch, chassis by chassis.

Like... a 90-100 tonner gets less raw armor from the tree at max skill than a 60-65 tonner currently. Despite being larger, slower, less agile and with worse JJs and mounts.

You forgot to mention "... and having vastly bigger firepower and more armor total."

#36 Navid A1

• CS 2022 Gold Champ
  • CS 2022 Gold Champ
  • 4,931 posts
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted 18 July 2022 - 11:51 PM

View Postmartian, on 18 July 2022 - 11:40 PM, said:

You forgot to mention "... and having vastly bigger firepower and more armor total."

Well... if ghost heat wasn't a thing and if they had more slots to cool off those vastly bigger firepower, then you'd be right.
Not generalizing though... there are definitely top of the line assaults which might need addressing.

But as a general outcome, short range, slow mechs benefit way more from any sort of HP increase than a sniper that's going to finish a match at 90% health.
The HP increase on the field is the difference between the sniper having enough time and heat capacity to dominate an angle and being overrun before it can cut down enough mechs.

Edited by Navid A1, 18 July 2022 - 11:55 PM.

#37 Papa Varken

• PipPip
  • 30 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 19 July 2022 - 12:07 AM

View PostAudacious Aubergine, on 18 July 2022 - 11:17 PM, said:

Holy Hunchbacks!

The GI was almost nerfed into oblivion when it had its gauss cooldown pulled back from 40% to the current under performing level. This is just taking it back to being a viable old style IS Medium.

#38 Papa Varken

• PipPip
  • 30 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 19 July 2022 - 12:14 AM

Lots of moaning about assaults getting buffs over the lights. Memories appear to be short and selective. Many of the lights have already had multiple quirk passes and tuning via agility, weapons heat and cool down, armour . . . even the ones that the Cauldron insisted didn't need anything such as the Commando.

The heavy/assault focus is just the cycle of adjustment finally beginning to work through. Not sure if it's enough yet, but at least its a start in the whole balance approach. For me, I would love to see the desync face palm be properly revised, lights and mediums increased their capability far more than any other class, even looking at the ones being introduced in the coming patch for the specified chassis.

#39 DangerMouse53

• Pip
  • Giant Helper
  • 19 posts

Posted 19 July 2022 - 01:09 AM

I have noticed some more close range matches lately.. Probably due to the Snub OP?..

#40 SimpleUkyo

• Pip
  • CS 2021 Bronze Champ
  • CS 2021 Bronze Champ
  • 18 posts

Posted 19 July 2022 - 01:47 AM

View PostDangerMouse53, on 19 July 2022 - 01:09 AM, said:

I have noticed some more close range matches lately.. Probably due to the Snub OP?..

yep, thus making brawl assaults more viable in quickplay than doing extreme range. I'm not sure what others are smoking when they say range is OP when the buffs are headed for brawl.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users