• Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationAt your 6 :)

Posted 22 July 2022 - 05:57 AM

Breaking News: On a lighter note Posted Image

Vitric Station Pink Bug Finally Reaches The Real World:

Bizarre Pink Sky Over Australian Town
https://www.news18.c...is-5602825.html

In Australia, residents in the northern Victorian town of Mildura witnessed a bright pink glow in the skies. Was it an alien invasion? Season five of Stranger Things? The eerie pink light was observed in the cloudy-night sky. ...a local resident, in a report by The Guardian said, “It was very bizarre. I was on the phone to my mum, and my dad was saying the world was ending.”

Even more bizarre than this was the reason behind it. ...

Edited by w0qj, 22 July 2022 - 07:25 AM.

#2 LordNothing

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 16,787 posts

Posted 22 July 2022 - 07:41 AM

point the grow lights at the plants. not the skylight.

#3 PocketYoda

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 4,136 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 26 July 2023 - 07:29 AM

Are grow lights even pink?

#4 The Mech behind you

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 566 posts
  • LocationGermany, Northern Baden-Württemberg

Posted 26 July 2023 - 08:22 AM

Well, leaving the match and rejoining it helped me to get rid of the Vitric Forge Pink. Maybe the people of Mildura should try to leave their bodies for a moment and get back into it.

#5 w0qj

• The Territorial
  • The Territorial
  • 3,421 posts

Posted 26 July 2023 - 08:30 AM

That's a very interesting observation...

View PostThe Mech behind you, on 26 July 2023 - 08:22 AM, said:

Well, leaving the match and rejoining it helped me to get rid of the Vitric Forge Pink. Maybe the people of Mildura should try to leave their bodies for a moment and get back into it.

#6 LordNothing

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 16,787 posts

Posted 26 July 2023 - 10:47 AM

View PostPocketYoda, on 26 July 2023 - 07:29 AM, said:

Are grow lights even pink?

red and blue are the highest absorption spectra for plants. green light is useless and it just bounces off. ir can be used as heating in cold climates and uv keeps fungus away. some growers also use full spectra lamps or cf bulbs to supplement the deficient frequency bands. you can also get a pretty wide array of led colors now. and high end grow light models might have 5 or 6 different led types to get the right specta, and in appropriate proportions. the end result is very pink to the human eye.

Edited by LordNothing, 26 July 2023 - 10:53 AM.

#7 Mechwarrior2342356

• 2,122 posts

Posted 26 July 2023 - 10:49 AM

Everyone is complaining about PGI HAET AMD and I haven't had that issue with my full AMD rig. Might be because Linux/Proton.

#8 LordNothing

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 16,787 posts

Posted 26 July 2023 - 11:26 AM

View Postthe check engine light, on 26 July 2023 - 10:49 AM, said:

Everyone is complaining about PGI HAET AMD and I haven't had that issue with my full AMD rig. Might be because Linux/Proton.

im on a 7900xt with most up to date driver. i got the issue, and if were being honest i think i like the new map better in pink. the map is too dark otherwise. so i consider it a bonus feature.

got the same map 3x last night. pink on the first run and it was normal after that. so i figure its an initialization bug in the shader. stuff isnt being set up correctly on the first run, but run it though once and it fixes itself.

different platforms have different bugs. when i cross compiled my newtonian space sim engine for linux i noticed that space was suddently white. the reason was black was the default color, and i never changed it, but on linux it was white. same graphics api. i dont know why its different, i only know that i did not explicitly set a color value. that was a bug.

pgi doesnt have a nvidia bias (game runs way better on my amd card), they have a deficiency in their ability to resolve bugs.

Edited by LordNothing, 26 July 2023 - 11:40 AM.

#9 w0qj

• The Territorial
  • The Territorial
  • 3,421 posts

Posted 26 July 2023 - 06:09 PM

Hope you folks won't mind me quoting your comments on "Leave It Pink" Ceres Metal Scrapyard map forum thread:
https://mwomercs.com...0-leave-it-pink

View PostLordNothing, on 26 July 2023 - 11:26 AM, said:

im on a 7900xt with most up to date driver. i got the issue, and if were being honest i think i like the new map better in pink. the map is too dark otherwise. so i consider it a bonus feature.

got the same map 3x last night. pink on the first run and it was normal after that. so i figure its an initialization bug in the shader. stuff isnt being set up correctly on the first run, but run it though once and it fixes itself.

different platforms have different bugs. when i cross compiled my newtonian space sim engine for linux i noticed that space was suddently white. the reason was black was the default color, and i never changed it, but on linux it was white. same graphics api. i dont know why its different, i only know that i did not explicitly set a color value. that was a bug.

pgi doesnt have a nvidia bias (game runs way better on my amd card), they have a deficiency in their ability to resolve bugs.

View PostThe Mech behind you, on 26 July 2023 - 08:22 AM, said:

Edited by w0qj, 26 July 2023 - 06:40 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users