Z Painted Mechs

83 replies to this topic

#81 LordNothing

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 14,829 posts

Posted 08 September 2022 - 06:36 PM

way i see it anyone who starts a war is a criminal, but you cannot charge them with a crime if they can just retreat to their sovereign territory and then point nukes at you in a passive aggressive manor. only reason we were able to hang so many germans is because they lost brutally and completely. and even then we let a lot of them go. the guy in charge of uboat operations got away with leaving survivors for dead on the grounds that we did the same thing.

Edited by LordNothing, 08 September 2022 - 06:37 PM.

#82 Escef

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 8,485 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationNew England

Posted 11 September 2022 - 07:57 AM

View PostLordNothing, on 30 August 2022 - 08:49 AM, said:

still cant fault a russian player for being patriotic. how many countries have the usa invaded in the last 100 years? some for very contrived reasons. are you gonna ban me for painting a mech red white and blue?

There's a difference between patriotism and nationalism. A patriot will not praise his nation's atrocities, a nationalist will. I'm not proud of the US's historical treatment of Native Americans, the presence of slavery, the legacies of slavery (which are still an issue), the treatment of various ethnic and religious groups, our inconsistent and often bigoted application of asylum laws, etc.

At the same time, the US's system of government is a wonderful thing, and I'm a huge fan of the principles espoused by our founding documents. Yes, the system needs better wards against those that would use the government's power and authority for selfish and unjust ends. As the saying goes, the answer to bad government should be good government, not no government.

#83 Gagis

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 1,681 posts

Posted 11 September 2022 - 11:24 AM

Upgrading from presidential republic to parliamentary republic and from first past the post elections to proportional representation would be great steps to safeguarding the future of any democracy that doesn't already utilize such institutions.

They are pretty great.

#84 HolyGrail101

• PipPip
  • Shredder
  • 47 posts

Posted 12 September 2022 - 08:29 AM

I filed a complaint involving this subject yesterday and asked if I was complaining in vain. The answer I received from PGI satisfied my question to the point that I will keep filing to moderation support if I see the "Z" symbol on peoples Mechs when I believe it is likely they are in support of Russia's Pro-war messaging.

Edited by HolyGrail101, 12 September 2022 - 08:35 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users