The Battle Of The Heavyweights Event Was Mostly Amazing!

Mode General

9 replies to this topic

#1 whiskeyninja

• PipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 32 posts

Posted 04 September 2022 - 06:14 PM

Hello,

I played a ton of MWO back in the day, and then left it for years, and started playing again in July during the Summer event, and I've been having a blast. Getting a ton of free mechs and drops has been nice, and I'd love to see more sales focused on bolt-ons, decals, and paint bundles (not sure how regular those are).

But as for the Heavyweights event!

Pros:
-I missed out on Solaris, so it was great to see the maps
-I really enjoyed being able to play a bunch of mechs I owned but didn't use a ton in Quick Play (Orion IIC-A with SRMS and LBX, Rifleman IIC-A with LBX and Pulse Lasers)
-I loved being able to grind out C-Bills with quick matches
-The last rotation with 2v2s was.. possibly the most fun I've had in this game. Frantic fun, just enough strategy to reward having a plan.

Cons:
-Seeing Flamers everywhere was annoying initially, but I learned to play around them.
-Most of the maps rewarded extremely close range brawling.
-The cave map(didn't like the time spent looking for the enemy).

Overall, I'd love to see this mode brought in on regular rotation (weekly, monthly, who knows) with different group numbers/weight classes/restrictions (trial mechs only, ballistics only, ???).

Thoughts?

#2 ScrapIron Prime

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 4,880 posts
  • LocationSmack dab in the middle of Ohio

Posted 04 September 2022 - 06:58 PM

Sadly, was busy all weekend, didn't get a chance to drop. Therefore, I would most DEFINITELY want to see this done regularly!

#3 w0qj

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 3,577 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationAt your 6 :)

Posted 04 September 2022 - 09:33 PM

1. I would definitely play more Heavy/Assault Solaris type Events in the future, if they nerf/disable flamers like what they did to Solaris7 (2021) previously!

2. Joining the 2x2 2x2 Steiner Coliseum Solaris Event was confusing, requiring forming Group of 2, with Group Leader selecting [Event], and [Group_Launch] to join!

Finally got into a Group of 2 in the final 15 minutes of this 2x2 Steiner Coliseum Solaris Event, got in 3 games,
and it was brilliant! Wish we could have played for more Posted Image

[Edit]: This is coming from someone who have played 100+ Solaris Event matches!

Edited by w0qj, 04 September 2022 - 10:49 PM.

#4 Samziel

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Seraph
  • The Seraph
  • 537 posts
  • LocationFinland

Posted 04 September 2022 - 10:36 PM

I loved the 1v1s, didnt have time to try the 2v2s. I really disliked the cave map especially when my opponent was doing stealth shenanigans.

I would love to try this in assault mechs.

#5 Tromoskyon Rex

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Guillotine
  • Guillotine
  • 243 posts
  • LocationInner Sphere

Posted 05 September 2022 - 06:15 AM

The cave map was rough but got me to finally try seismic sensors...Now I never want to not have them again...

#6 Bassault

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2023 Gold Champ
  • CS 2023 Gold Champ
  • 392 posts

Posted 05 September 2022 - 08:22 AM

I loved the farmage, please bring the event back again.

Edited by I LOVE ANNIHILATORS, 05 September 2022 - 08:22 AM.

#7 mytilus edulis

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 221 posts

Posted 05 September 2022 - 10:50 PM

Yeah it was good. I think being able to drop straight into 2v2 (With matchmaker creating the groups, but also retaining the ability to pair up premade) would have made it even better

Edited by mytilus edulis, 05 September 2022 - 10:50 PM.

#8 Heavy Money

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Marauder
  • 1,275 posts

Posted 06 September 2022 - 02:25 PM

Agreed, great event!

It would be nice if next time the 2v2 allowed you to queue without a group, as that was confusing for many people.

And I'll also agree that the caves map was a huge hassle.

I'd love to see a 1v1 Mediums only some time too.

#9 Ken Harkin

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 359 posts
  • LocationLong Island, New York, USA

Posted 06 September 2022 - 06:09 PM

View PostOrion_, on 05 September 2022 - 06:15 AM, said:

The cave map was rough but got me to finally try seismic sensors...Now I never want to not have them again...

This makes me sad because I have always used them, even when they were a 6 million c-bill module! I love that people do not bother to use it and forget others do. I cannot count the amount of times I "spotted" a light/stealth mech trying to sneak up only to turn and blast him in the face as he clears cover. Likewise the many times I have been able to callout to the team when a tunnel push is coming or other critical information.

#10 VeeOt Dragon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 1,212 posts
  • LocationHell

Posted 08 September 2022 - 07:09 PM

meh, i had n n it. i tried Solaris back in the day and wasn't fan. then again i don't really like the whole short range Brawl play style. i like my mid range and mixed builds. is it meta, no, but i don;t give two shits about that. (yet another reason i detested solaris because it was ultra meta ville rarely seeing any really interesting builds)

on the plus side the matches were rather quick at least. but that is the only plus i see in 1v1 matches.

Edited by VeeOt Dragon, 08 September 2022 - 07:10 PM.

4 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 4 guests, 0 anonymous users