False Advertising?

19 replies to this topic

#1 Yemo

• PipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted 13 September 2022 - 11:28 AM

Greetings,

I recently purchased multiple IS Hero mechs and one Clan Hero mech from the Premium Packages Page of your webstore, in order to qualify for the

2022 MECHWARRIOR ONLINE ANNUAL REWARDS PROGRAM

INNER SPHERE REWARD

Eligibility Conditions
  • Have purchased any IS pack or IS Hero Variant from the Premium Packages Pages (Crusader Included)
  • Excluding Booster Packs (Stryker, Warden, Hunter, Rivals, Predator, or Bloodname)
  • Excluding Platinum Packages
  • Excludes MC Packages
  • Gifting through the store grants the Reward to the account that redeems the Gift
CLAN REWARD

Eligibility Conditions
  • Have purchased any Clan pack or Clan Hero Variant from the Premium Packages Pages
  • Excluding Booster Packs (Stryker, Warden, Hunter, Rivals, Predator, or Bloodname)
  • Excludes MC Packages
  • Gifting through the store grants the Reward to the account that redeems the Gift
But although fulfilling all stated conditions, both the webpage and the billing support refuses to honor those conditions as explicitly stated on the mwo rewards program page:

https://mwomercs.com...rewards-program

"Fallout 76" shipped nylon bags after they advertised and sold canvas bags, and then outright lied that there was a canvas shortage and canvas was now too expensive...

"Artesian Builds" made a lottery and then excluded the winner for later made up conditions ("not enough subscribers").

Now PGI refuses to honor what they advertised (to put it diplomatically).
I thought MWO improved in the last year and thus spent money. I was wrong.

Thankfully communication is not restricted to this forum or emails to support, who do not want to honor what is adverstised.

Time to make sure that the Mech Warrior license goes to a company that honors what they advertise and sell!

edit: I went to the billing support first, as I originally thought this to be a mistake, but billing support outright refused to acknowledge the problem. This is me going to the mwo forums, but I doubt it will change anything.

The Fallout 76 crowd wanted their damn canvas bags, made of canvas.
I want my damn 2 loyalty mechs (which I previously spent time testing and upgrading in their non-loyalty version with time and GSP, before making the purchase that promised those 2 loyalty mechs).
I might not get them, but hell am I willing to write to social media, EG7, Microsoft (license renewal) and whoever else I can find to make PGI honor what they advertised!

Enough with this BS, PGI honor your word!

Edited by Yemo, 13 September 2022 - 11:41 AM.

#2 Nightbird

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The God of Death
  • The God of Death
  • 7,518 posts

Posted 13 September 2022 - 11:40 AM

When did you purchase the items? Per the website, it updates once every 24 hrs.

#3 ScrapIron Prime

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 4,880 posts
  • LocationSmack dab in the middle of Ohio

Posted 13 September 2022 - 11:45 AM

Also, if you have an issue with Fallout, you should contact Bethesda Support. But if you have a problem here, contact PGI support. Rewards have been messed up before, and they pretty much always straighten it out if you email them.

#4 Yemo

• PipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted 13 September 2022 - 11:49 AM

View PostNightbird, on 13 September 2022 - 11:40 AM, said:

When did you purchase the items? Per the website, it updates once every 24 hrs.

Yesterday, a several hours before UTC midnight. I got the hero mechs (both IS and Clan), but can not redeem the IS and Clan rewards from the annual reward program.
I also purchased a dropship deal an hour earlier and that one went fine, I can claim the "Prime Reward" for that.

So I emailed billing support, who outright told me that I do not qualify for the IS and Clan rewards, even though I bought several IS and one Clan hero mech variants from the Premium Packages Pages. And it was non of the excluded items (Booster, Platinum or MC package).

View PostScrapIron Prime, on 13 September 2022 - 11:45 AM, said:

Also, if you have an issue with Fallout, you should contact Bethesda Support. But if you have a problem here, contact PGI support. Rewards have been messed up before, and they pretty much always straighten it out if you email them.

Tried that, emailed billing support. They outright refused to honor what was adverstised.

#5 Nightbird

• The God of Death
  • The God of Death
  • 7,518 posts

Posted 13 September 2022 - 11:56 AM

View PostYemo, on 13 September 2022 - 11:49 AM, said:

Yesterday, a several hours before UTC midnight. I got the hero mechs (both IS and Clan), but can not redeem the IS and Clan rewards from the annual reward program.
I also purchased a dropship deal an hour earlier and that one went fine, I can claim the "Prime Reward" for that.

So I emailed billing support, who outright told me that I do not qualify for the IS and Clan rewards, even though I bought several IS and one Clan hero mech variants from the Premium Packages Pages. And it was non of the excluded items (Booster, Platinum or MC package).

Tried that, emailed billing support. They outright refused to honor what was adverstised.

Strange, can you say which heroes you purchased?

It sounds like you bought with money from website, not with MC, so it should be honored no problem. I purchased 2 7$ heroes myself to qualify for the rewards and got them.

The only reason I can think of is you didn't get them from here (below) or purchased one of the excluded items they listed (most of the recent packs), in which case ask for a refund so you can purchase from the right location or the right pack.

Posted Image

Edited by Nightbird, 13 September 2022 - 12:16 PM.

#6 Yemo

• PipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted 13 September 2022 - 01:14 PM

I purchased the Solaris 7 pack, which includes 6 IS heroes and 1 Clan hero, directly from the Premium Packages Page.
As explicitly stated in the eligibility conditions for the IS and Clan rewards.

It is not part of the excluded Packages, I made sure of that (no Booster, Platinum or MC Package).

I mean, it was not part of the excluded Packages.
They excluded it a few minutes ago, a day after my purchase.

This was how it looked until earlier today:
Posted Image

This is how it looks now:
Posted Image

They still won't honor their previous advertisement, because of which I bought that pack containing both an IS and a Clan mech. And tested the non-loyalty versions of the loyalty mechs that I wanted, spending GSP and time on that.

#7 Heavy Money

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Marauder
  • 1,275 posts

Posted 13 September 2022 - 01:24 PM

Seems strange. Usually MWO support is very good about these sorts of things.

#8 John_Dark

• Pip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 10 posts
  • LocationUS

Posted 13 September 2022 - 01:30 PM

View PostYemo, on 13 September 2022 - 01:14 PM, said:

I purchased the Solaris 7 pack, which includes 6 IS heroes and 1 Clan hero, directly from the Premium Packages Page.
As explicitly stated in the eligibility conditions for the IS and Clan rewards.

It is not part of the excluded Packages, I made sure of that (no Booster, Platinum or MC Package).

I mean, it was not part of the excluded Packages.
They excluded it a few minutes ago, a day after my purchase.

This was how it looked until earlier today:
Posted Image

This is how it looks now:
Posted Image

They still won't honor their previous advertisement, because of which I bought that pack containing both an IS and a Clan mech. And tested the non-loyalty versions of the loyalty mechs that I wanted, spending GSP and time on that.

While that page could be better-written, the Solaris 7 Pack is explicitly listed under the Prime Rewards category.

This is also clarified on page 6 of the 2022 Mechwarrior Online Annual Rewards Program post:

View PostNiceDad, on 26 August 2022 - 01:11 AM, said:

Does buying "Solaris 7" pack qualify for both the "IS Reward" & "Clan Reward"?

Thank You

View PostAidan Crenshaw, on 26 August 2022 - 01:47 AM, said:

No. That enables the Prime Level Reward.

#9 Yemo

• PipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted 13 September 2022 - 01:41 PM

View PostJohn_Dark, on 13 September 2022 - 01:30 PM, said:

While that page could be better-written, the Solaris 7 Pack is explicitly listed under the Prime Rewards category.

This is also clarified on page 6 of the 2022 Mechwarrior Online Annual Rewards Program post:

The Solaris 7 pack is also explicitly listed on the Premium Packages Page, where I bought it from, just like the eligibility condition required.

So a customer of PGI now has to read a random post on page 6 of the comments about an offer, to make sure that the explicitly stated terms of the offer still apply after the purchase?
That seems like the definition of false advertising, it is not even the fine print, now it is a random page of the comments.
I certainly did not do that late last night when I decided to shell out the money. After also buying a dropship deal, which already qualified me for the "Prime Reward".
This smells.

The same smell Fallout 76 had with the canvas bags, and "Artesian Builds" had with the fake lottery (where the winner was refused his winnings).

edit: Oh, and the Platinum Collection 06 also seems to qualifiy for multiple rewards. Though I have not read the comments on them, those conditions might change after purchase as well...

Edited by Yemo, 13 September 2022 - 01:45 PM.

#10 Knownswift

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 269 posts

Posted 13 September 2022 - 01:48 PM

Ask for a refund, remind them it could be clearer, buy something else to get the rewards.

#11 Davegt27

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,010 posts
  • LocationCO

Posted 13 September 2022 - 02:23 PM

after i swore I would never to buy anything from PGI ever again
last December I bought and gifted the roughneck Bolt and another Mech to a twitch streamer

turns out the person that receives the gift can get the loyalty reward but not the person that spent the money

yeah crazy

the other one was the MWO world championship Tournament Supporter Pack did not qualify for any type of loyalty
so I bought Tournament Supporter Pack 2 years in a row then I stopped stopped

oh well
it is what it is as we say in MWO

#12 Yemo

• PipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted 13 September 2022 - 02:28 PM

View PostJohn_Dark, on 13 September 2022 - 01:30 PM, said:

Wait, that also means that they knew about this issue 2 weeks ago, but still left it as is.

View PostKnownswift, on 13 September 2022 - 01:48 PM, said:

Ask for a refund, remind them it could be clearer, buy something else to get the rewards.

They only want to give money back to their payment provider, so that I can make another purchase from them, which is useless to me if I do not want to do any more business with them.

View PostLockheed_, on 13 September 2022 - 02:18 PM, said:

They usually are IF you actually try to solve the problem with them and don't act like an entitled ******* or smartass when reaching out to them.

My first email to support was nice and detailed about the technical issue. That their automatic page does not offer what the written text advertises.
I got a one-liner back that I'm not eligible for something that for which I clearly fulfill the eligibility conditions. Totally denying that there is any issue at all.

Now I'm finding out that this could all have been avoided if they reacted to that comment from 2 weeks ago in their own comment section. And changed the eligibility conditions, something they did just today.
So I as the customer have to read the comment section but they do not?

Edited by Yemo, 13 September 2022 - 02:31 PM.

#13 Nightbird

• The God of Death
  • The God of Death
  • 7,518 posts

Posted 13 September 2022 - 02:43 PM

Refund the Solaris hero pack then... they shouldn't say no even if you used it. Looks like sloppiness on their write-up, they should have honored it or offered a refund.

#14 Escef

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 8,529 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationNew England

Posted 13 September 2022 - 02:46 PM

View PostDavegt27, on 13 September 2022 - 02:23 PM, said:

turns out the person that receives the gift can get the loyalty reward but not the person that spent the money

Um, yeah, that's the way it's been for years. How did you NOT know?

#15 w0qj

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 3,571 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationAt your 6 :)

Posted 13 September 2022 - 05:38 PM

Sorry to hear that you are having a hard time with this 2022 Annual Rewards...
I personally thought that this year's Annual Reward reward level vs buying which mech package was somewhat convoluted...

0) Guess you want those IS+Clan Loyalty mechs.
~The easiest way to do this is to buy any one cheapest IS Hero from Resistance Heros Premium Package (herein lies the confusion in reward level terminology).

~The easiest way to do this is to buy any one cheapest Clan Hero from Clan Heros I, Clan Heros II, or Clan IIC Heros Premium Packages.

1) I myself had your same question:
Q: Does buying Solaris7 qualify you for three (3) reward levels (ie: Prime Reward, IS Reward, & Clan Reward)?
A: I thought that this sounded too good to be true, and it was (see below).

2) Below forum link had this exact same question asked & clearly answered:
https://mwomercs.com...m/page__st__100

View PostNiceDad, on 26 August 2022 - 01:11 AM, said:

Does buying "Solaris 7" pack qualify for both the "IS Reward" & "Clan Reward"? ...

View PostAidan Crenshaw, on 26 August 2022 - 01:47 AM, said:

No. That enables the Prime Level Reward.

3) As I myself also buy from MWO, I find that MWO does not change the rules on you after your purchase for the Annual Rewards qualification (sorry, try not to sound harsh). If anything, MWO makes its set of hierarchical rules, and is quite dogmatic about this.

View PostYemo, on 13 September 2022 - 01:41 PM, said:

...Oh, and the Platinum Collection 06 also seems to qualifiy for multiple rewards. Though I have not read the comments on them, those conditions might change after purchase as well...

Edited by w0qj, 13 September 2022 - 05:44 PM.

#16 ScrapIron Prime

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 4,880 posts
  • LocationSmack dab in the middle of Ohio

Posted 13 September 2022 - 07:03 PM

The Platinum 06 pack did indeed count for multiple rewards, but I did ask first before buying.

But otherwise, yeah. It’s not reasonable to be expected to read six pages in to a forum discussion to find out if a purchase qualifies. Ask for a refund or ask for an exchange. If they want to retain you as a customer, they will, and I’ve always found them to be pretty good about such things.

‘But if you’re not absolutely sure you’re done with the game over this, then resolve it so you get the reward you intended. That way it will be waiting when you calm down and start playing again.

#17 JC Daxion

• Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 5,230 posts

Posted 13 September 2022 - 09:03 PM

Note, the package is listed as Hero pack, Not IS pack or Clan pack, nor hero variant. While it may be confusing, they didn't do anything wrong, you just misunderstood and bought the wrong thing. It is clearly listed on the rewards page as well. But it's clearly listed here..

PRIME REWARD

Eligibility Conditions
  • Have purchased, during the Eligibility period, any New player pack, Creator Bundle, Store Deal Bundle, Dropship Deal, Complete Collection, Tournament Supporter pack, Boosters(GSP, PT), Solaris 7 Pack, Hero, Champion, or reinforcement through the Web store on MWO or Steam
  • Excluding Premium Packages
  • Excludes MC Packages
Rewards
  • Your Choice of Light Hero Mech or Medium Hero Mech (Mech Bay Included)
  • 100 GSP
Reward Injection Date
  • Rewards available upon qualification by Player Selection (GSP injected with Mech)
  • Reward Selection Deadline Jan 31st 11:59:59 UTC 2023
</p>

If you did not use them, i'd just return the pack and you can then buy what you need/want to get the reward you are looking for.

Edited by JC Daxion, 13 September 2022 - 09:14 PM.

#18 Hunka Junk

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The All Seeing
  • The All Seeing
  • 968 posts
  • LocationDrok's Forge

Posted 13 September 2022 - 11:07 PM

View PostYemo, on 13 September 2022 - 01:14 PM, said:

I purchased the Solaris 7 pack,

You could've just said that a long time ago.

The Solaris Pack is listed under the Prime Reward.

Done.

#19 LordNothing

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 17,070 posts

Posted 14 September 2022 - 02:36 AM

i recently bought a breaker (standalone) and a mean baby (as an upgrade to a pack i already own) and that got me the clan/is rewards.
i think i got the prime award from purchasing a mechbay bundle way back in january.
got my mc reward though i dont remember when i bought some last.
bought the rivals pack i think last december for the boosted reward.
and the active player reward makes six to unlock the ultimate reward in november.

#20 Gasboy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Spear
  • The Spear
  • 595 posts

Posted 14 September 2022 - 02:44 AM

Ask for a refund since they changed the terms.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users