#21 CFC Conky

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Fire
  • Fire
  • 1,738 posts
  • LocationThe PSR basement.

Posted 19 September 2022 - 09:30 AM

Hello all,

At the risk of sounding cynical, why is PGI offering such a generous bonus at this time? Hey, I'm all for free swag, but this bonus has a lot of value to it and if this stuff continues to be gratis, why spend any $ on the game later?

Full disclosure: for all the dosh I've spent on MWO, I'd be considered a whale.

Good hunting,
CFC Conky

#22 Heavy Money

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Marauder
  • 1,275 posts

Posted 20 September 2022 - 01:07 PM

Are we supposed to get the bonus once per plat pack? Like once for the clan pack 7 and again for IS pack 7? I grabbed both but received one boost. I'm guessing this is the intended behavior as it lists platinum pack as one item, it doesn't list IS and Clan packs separately.

View PostCFC Conky, on 19 September 2022 - 09:30 AM, said:

Hello all,

At the risk of sounding cynical, why is PGI offering such a generous bonus at this time? Hey, I'm all for free swag, but this bonus has a lot of value to it and if this stuff continues to be gratis, why spend any $ on the game later?

Full disclosure: for all the dosh I've spent on MWO, I'd be considered a whale.

Good hunting,
CFC Conky

We've seen similar bonuses before. Usually in the form of MC or GSP bonuses.

#23 TessaTerror

Rookie

• The Virulent
  • The Virulent
  • 8 posts
  • Locationdeep in the bowels of the frozen north

Posted 22 September 2022 - 11:48 AM

View PostHeavy Money, on 20 September 2022 - 01:07 PM, said:

Are we supposed to get the bonus once per plat pack? Like once for the clan pack 7 and again for IS pack 7? I grabbed both but received one boost. I'm guessing this is the intended behavior as it lists platinum pack as one item, it doesn't list IS and Clan packs separately.

We've seen similar bonuses before. Usually in the form of MC or GSP bonuses.

yeah, I talked to support this morning, plat pack boost is only redeemable one time. I got IS 7 and clan 6 a few days apart and got confused why I didn't get a second boost, so I emailed for clarification.

#24 w0qj

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Territorial
  • The Territorial
  • 3,369 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationAt your 6 :)

Posted 22 September 2022 - 04:48 PM

Is this true? Only 1x reward from "Boosted Mech Packs Promo Vol.1" only for the 1st Platinum Collection purchase made during this promo period (Sept 17th 00:00UTC to Sept 30th 23:59UTC)?

1. Done**!
MWO Marketing need to clearly state that only 1x such reward only for the 1st Platinum Collection purchase made during this promo period.
A number of players (including myself) assumed that you get 1x reward for each Platinum Collection purchase.

2. Pet peeve, one that MWO still regularly make mistake on almost all of its announcements:
Oct 1st 00:00UTC is actually Sept 30th 23:59UTC. ie: there is no such promotion on Oct 1st UTC Time.

MWO, please correct this above (2) issues for all future MWO announcements going forward!

- - - - - - - - - - -
Note: '**' - Yay, finally!
Platinum packs are treated as one package type.
Boost will be injected once regardless of multiple Platinum Pack purchases.

View PostTessa Saffire, on 22 September 2022 - 11:48 AM, said:

yeah, I talked to support this morning, plat pack boost is only redeemable one time. I got IS 7 and clan 6 a few days apart and got confused why I didn't get a second boost, so I emailed for clarification.

Edited by w0qj, 28 September 2022 - 03:29 AM.

#25 UltraVioletDeath

• Pip
  • 17 posts

Posted 05 October 2022 - 03:32 PM

I think all the efforts to create revenue for PGI have been great; especially as many other games focus on pay to play or pay to win, and the mixed offers lately have all sorts of min-max purchase choices for people to create.

There is some overlooked points though.

I am a new player, so all of the stuff for sale is open to whatever combo I want (if I feel like it); but the people who have already invested in the game financially are restricted mostly to the platinum packs as I can see it.

I get it that the varied financial outcomes/choices of the whole community should never favor one group; but the financial requirement to keep the lights on, needs some to put money in on something from time to time.

1)Why does buying any of the 14 platinum packs get 1 bonus reward once only?

2)What incentive is there for those who have already bought the limit of other packs?

Just looking at ways to make it possible for those who can keep the lights on, to have something more than just "the new thing" to spend money on...I guess there would be more focus on clan omni mech purchases if they were un-restricted?

Not sure what would be best, but there is a chance the financial players may find little to invest in...and they keep the lights on.

Not sure what you can offer for those who already own the MWO universe..."Mr Universe" title perhaps? (you can't stop the signal Mel)...sorry had to add.

Edited by UltraVioletDeath, 05 October 2022 - 03:43 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users