#21 martian

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 8,250 posts

Posted 21 September 2022 - 09:12 AM

View PostMark Yore, on 21 September 2022 - 09:07 AM, said:

This runs very hot.

If you have a mech that you're comfortable sliding up and down the heat management scale it may take you a while to adjust to this map.

Night Gyrs are going to be very competitive and I look forward to other mechs having external heat transfer buffed.

Do not forget the BattleMaster "Hellslinger". Six energy hardpoints, three missile hardpoints.

#22 BellatorMonk

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 617 posts
  • LocationWallet Closed PGI Knows Why

Posted 21 September 2022 - 12:58 PM

With all the "potholes" that prevent my Assault/Heavy from moving or struggling to "climb" out of them means the map is ****...period. Being stuck in a 2ft pothole, even with 3pts in Hill climb, while getting lit up because all I can do is rock back and forth like a 4x4 in some mud is stupid. Pure PGI quality...

#23 klozz

• Pip
  • The Aggressor
  • The Aggressor
  • 16 posts

Posted 21 September 2022 - 01:40 PM

People stuck at

Posted Image

Posted Image

Edited by klozz, 21 September 2022 - 01:42 PM.

#24 Maj Destruction

• PipPipPip
  • Giant Helper
  • 52 posts
  • LocationUS

Posted 21 September 2022 - 03:57 PM

Looks neato, I've not seen this in the queue yet.

Matt

#25 Bolter01

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Bite
  • The Bite
  • 224 posts
  • LocationAU

Posted 21 September 2022 - 06:33 PM

I dont expect the terrain to be butter smooth but getting stuck and 'stumbling' every third step in the center portion is frustrating and ruins any tactical gameplay. Cant reverse, cant go forward WTF!? fumble around to dig yourself out, meanwhile getting the **** shot out of your mech - seriously?

Edited by Bolter01, 21 September 2022 - 06:34 PM.

#26 Scout Derek

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Infernal
  • The Infernal
  • 8,016 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationSomewhere where you'll probably never go to

Posted 21 September 2022 - 07:18 PM

Good map, center top needs a bit more cover, not hard cover, but soft, too bad you get stuck sometimes in some of the worst places you didn't think possible.

View PostBolter01, on 21 September 2022 - 06:33 PM, said:

I dont expect the terrain to be butter smooth but getting stuck and 'stumbling' every third step in the center portion is frustrating

Posted Image

Edited by Scout Derek, 21 September 2022 - 07:19 PM.

#27 warner2

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,101 posts

Posted 22 September 2022 - 08:03 AM

The top plateau is absolutely horrible to walk over. Feels like my mech is getting stuck all the time, and on occasion it actually has. It's the most un-fun, rage inducing feeling, like trying to walk a mech through treacle.

Big thumbs down on this map with the terrain as it currently is.

#28 Burning2nd

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 984 posts

Posted 22 September 2022 - 10:22 AM

View PostScrapIron Prime, on 20 September 2022 - 02:30 PM, said:

The outskirts are. Same paths, same valleys, same choke points and battle areas that I remember. Nice.

It's the middle that changed. And I agree its a bit large. 800-1000 meters across the top, that will disadvantage brawlers. But approaching that central platform doesn't look too disadvantaged, so its not a snipe fest unless your personal boogeyman is snipers and you can't think of anything else.

A medium with 6 jump jets can get on the very upper ring, but short of that, we're not going to see any snipers way up there. And the heat effect in the entire center might play a part in the fighting ability of energy boats. We'll have to try it and see.

So I'm not looking forward to Domination on this map, but assault and conquest should ROCK, because it will use all those varied outskirts paths.

yeah but thats not the map we use to have mosh pits on the cauldron with...

#29 Burning2nd

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 984 posts

Posted 22 September 2022 - 01:57 PM

Posted Image

the real TT was actually in the remake of tt

but they released a old map, which is now not the original... while they left the original part of the old map in the new map....

#30 1Exitar1

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 253 posts
  • LocationSomewhere in the Milkyway Galaxy

Posted 22 September 2022 - 03:31 PM

View Post1453 R, on 20 September 2022 - 05:33 PM, said:

I'm honestly impressed by the lighting in this rendition. It's much easier to see without actually being any brighter, and dark-colored 'Mechs still camouflage well. It's quite nice, I rather approve.

You can see?? I can't see crap on that map! At least not past 400 - 500 meters. I've tried thermal and night vision and nothing.

#31 w0qj

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 3,510 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationAt your 6 :)

Posted 22 September 2022 - 03:47 PM

So what's a good mech chassis/variant to deploy on this Therma Classic (2022) map?

In QP, our side did a continuous NASCAR around just outside of the gigantic stonehenge, and no one was in the basement.

I was using a KDK-3 with a "faster" 61kph build, and still getting shot to pieces from behind by quicker NASCAR-approaching medium/heavy enemies. I even got hit by LRM, due to the huge gaps between the stone columns in this stonehenge.

Seems like even 61kph Assault mechs would struggle in this Therma Classic (2022) map?

#32 ScrapIron Prime

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 4,877 posts
  • LocationSmack dab in the middle of Ohio

Posted 22 September 2022 - 04:55 PM

View Postw0qj, on 22 September 2022 - 03:47 PM, said:

So what's a good mech chassis/variant to deploy on this Therma Classic (2022) map?

In QP, our side did a continuous NASCAR around just outside of the gigantic stonehenge, and no one was in the basement.

I was using a KDK-3 with a "faster" 61kph build, and still getting shot to pieces from behind by quicker NASCAR-approaching medium/heavy enemies. I even got hit by LRM, due to the huge gaps between the stone columns in this stonehenge.

Seems like even 61kph Assault mechs would struggle in this Therma Classic (2022) map?

This map involves long walks and firefights that happen in the 500-800 meter range. In absence of teamwork (you know, quick play), the ideal mech for this map moves at 70-80 kph and can deal decent damage at the above range. IMHO.

#33 killkimno

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 108 posts

Posted 22 September 2022 - 05:29 PM

should change center underground.
It's so wide that it's impossible to move from the lower floors to the upper floors.

need a stairway to go up to the upper floor in the center

#34 Mark Yore

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Deadset Legend
  • Deadset Legend
  • 221 posts

Posted 22 September 2022 - 09:44 PM

View PostScrapIron Prime, on 22 September 2022 - 04:55 PM, said:

This map involves long walks and firefights that happen in the 500-800 meter range. In absence of teamwork (you know, quick play), the ideal mech for this map moves at 70-80 kph and can deal decent damage at the above range. IMHO.

Smart teams are going to work out that unless you in Domination the best place to fight is around your own base and let the enemy come to you.

The top section of the centre is far too open to successfully cross and the bottom level is just an exercise in avoiding the lava pits.

#35 LordNothing

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 16,959 posts

Posted 22 September 2022 - 09:57 PM

meh. i haven't played it yet, ive been away from my comp the last 3 days.

big disappointment was that they changed the central structure, which takes away the "classic" aspect. i was hoping for building out the central structure, more tiers, more entry points (some of which have cover).

i might change my mind when i play it but the new central structure seems a bit unnatural looking despite appearing to be a natural object. sure the old one needed a change, namely more entry points. maybe i just don't like the stonehenge aesthetic.

it is however good to have new(ish) maps.

#36 KodiakGW

• The Jaws
  • The Jaws
  • 1,775 posts
  • LocationNE USA

Posted 23 September 2022 - 05:28 AM

Gave this a whirl last night in testing grounds while setting up loadouts for the upcoming Event Queue. As a few have said, lots of small pits on top where you drop down and need to back out because you can’t move forward. But, still can fire your weapons if they are high enough…and also can be hit. Need to go check that F7 one where you can’t escape. Will need to mentally note areas to stay away.

On the plus side, there are a lot more points for cover, and wider openings into the center. One of the most annoying things about the original map were the cramped ramps where 10 players would all try to pile through. The other two, of course, doing the Zimbabwe flank. If you made it though without getting cored in the back by teammates, you had little cover to be shared with others that dared to engage.

EDIT - After a night of playing I can say those pot holes are plentiful and annoying. Domination circle is too small. Almost lost 2 games with no shots fired because C8-D8 spawn was so far away it almost timed out, and I was in a 87KPH TBR. But, I doubt we are going to get it fixed anytime soon.

BTW - why can't we have 10% Speed Tweak so I can get that mech to 89?

Edited by KodiakGW, 23 September 2022 - 08:41 PM.

#37 Mark Yore

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Deadset Legend
  • Deadset Legend
  • 221 posts

Posted 23 September 2022 - 05:47 AM

On another note, why couldn't this map have been a daylight one?

#38 Brizna

• Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 1,361 posts
  • LocationCatalonia

Posted 23 September 2022 - 05:48 AM

I am very disappointed with two things in this map:

It's not Terra Therma (classic), it simply is not, it should be named something else like Therra Therma (Redesigned) Terra Therma's strongest point was how stupid its central point was, precisely because of that flanking movement was a lot more useful there and this was what created so many memorable fights there.

Not only the stupid caldera is missing but it's been substituted with 2 floors, the top one a falsely flat area filled with knee high traps, saying that moving there is frustrating is an understatement.

I imagine hoping for the real Terra Therma (classic) is too much, but a flattening of the top floor is a must. Knee high obstacles can only be put into this game by someone who clearly doesn't play it. It's basically the definition of frustration.

Edited by Brizna, 23 September 2022 - 05:48 AM.

#39 Haipyng

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Grizzly
  • The Grizzly
  • 593 posts
  • LocationIn Transit

Posted 23 September 2022 - 09:37 AM

First impression...its not "classic" Terra Therma C maybe.

Second, it encourages rushes to middle, a fight to cap the roof area. So, not much different from most other maps.

#40 Perichrone

Rookie

• Bridesmaid
  • 7 posts

Posted 23 September 2022 - 09:43 AM

have people mentioned you can shove your face into the columns in the basement ( i havent checked other geometry) to see through and get free wallhacks
Posted Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users