#21 TheCaptainJZ

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The CyberKnight
  • The CyberKnight
  • 3,655 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 30 September 2022 - 11:32 AM

View PostDaeron Katz, on 30 September 2022 - 10:57 AM, said:

Adjusting the Domination timer for Event Queue and Drop Decks is on the top of my list for adjustments that I would like to bring to EQ. This list also includes Conquest adjustments, some modifier additions/changes, and bringing Drop Decks (DropShips) to more maps. I can skip Domination with Drop Decks for the rest of this weekend schedule though.

Domination works better than Conquest with the current settings, so I'd prefer Domination. Is Assault a possibility? I'd be interested in seeing how that plays out.

#22 jamesbombed00420

• PipPip
  • CS 2021 Bronze Champ
  • CS 2021 Bronze Champ
  • 43 posts

Posted 30 September 2022 - 12:13 PM

Is it also possible to add more time to domination in faction as well? Dominations being counted out early has been the bane of both faction and event queue.

#23 Nyandere

• PipPipPip
  • Cadet
  • Cadet
  • 72 posts

Posted 30 September 2022 - 12:18 PM

View PostTheCaptainJZ, on 30 September 2022 - 11:32 AM, said:

Domination works better than Conquest with the current settings, so I'd prefer Domination. Is Assault a possibility? I'd be interested in seeing how that plays out.

Agreed, domination is good even with the timer being a bit short it's still a good game mode for 4x dropdeck since it forces people into the middle.

#24 w0qj

• The Territorial
  • The Territorial
  • 3,369 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationAt your 6 :)

Posted 30 September 2022 - 12:29 PM

How about 330ton Domination Event with 4x mech Drop Deck sometime? ;)

ie: 3x Assault + 1x Light mechs !!

#25 Tselakus

• PipPip
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • 23 posts

Posted 30 September 2022 - 01:44 PM

Domination with drop decks is generally bad, it's.... Ok on Vitric due to the size, but I think otherwise should be avoided. Also given all tiers are mixed in there in no way should be groups allowed, it's unbalanced enough as it is

#26 mytilus edulis

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 213 posts

Posted 30 September 2022 - 03:05 PM

Adjusting the Domination timer for Event Queue and Drop Decks is on the top of my list for adjustments that I would like to bring to EQ. This list also includes Conquest adjustments, some modifier additions/changes, and bringing Drop Decks (DropShips) to more maps. I can skip Domination with Drop Decks for the rest of this weekend schedule though.

Unadjusted Domination timers are mainly a contextual issue with certain maps. For some maps it's not as big of deal if they have relatively close spawns (<700m or so), e.g. Canyon Network, Emerald Vale, Mining Collective, Vitric Station. Marginal examples include Alpine Peaks, River City, Tourmaline

#27 Shookies

• PipPip
  • CS 2023 Top 25 Qualifier
  • CS 2023 Top 25 Qualifier
  • 33 posts

Posted 30 September 2022 - 05:00 PM

Thank you for listening and adding another great event!

Event queue with 4 mechs keeps you in playing in game longer. Picking the right mech at the right time can make anyone on the team a hero. Having to have a balanced deck even with normal mode time constraints is important. Now stealths and lights have to get in and hold the circle until reinforcements arrive. It’s so much fun!

Edited by Shookies, 30 September 2022 - 05:02 PM.

#28 mytilus edulis

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 213 posts

Posted 30 September 2022 - 08:10 PM

Also pleeassee no 24 hours of Jenner (or any single chassis). Those kinds of events are fun for about an hour and then quickly boring.

Otherwise it's been pretty good so far.

#29 pewpewgunther

• Pip
  • CS 2023 Top 12 Qualifier
  • CS 2023 Top 12 Qualifier
  • 16 posts

Posted 01 October 2022 - 01:13 AM

Is it by design that only IS Jenners are on sale and not IIC as well? Thanks for the event, fun as always

#30 Steve Pryde

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,465 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 01 October 2022 - 01:52 AM

View Postpewpewgunther, on 01 October 2022 - 01:13 AM, said:

Is it by design that only IS Jenners are on sale and not IIC as well? Thanks for the event, fun as always

Daeron doesn't like Clan mechs, thats why.

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Edited by Steve Pryde, 01 October 2022 - 02:01 AM.

#31 Davegt27

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 6,952 posts
  • LocationCO

Posted 01 October 2022 - 01:54 AM

I remember when they first put conquest in FP

us pugs we where able to catch out some good teams and get some wins

these good teams quickly caught on and they where able to assert there dominance

catch out means to catch out teams with something unexpected or a tactic not seen before

#32 martian

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,578 posts

Posted 01 October 2022 - 01:59 AM

View Postpewpewgunther, on 01 October 2022 - 01:13 AM, said:

For the internal game purposes there is a strict difference between Jenner and Jenner IIC. And since the event is for IS Jenner, only IS Jenner is on sale.

#33 Cyrilis

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Hero of Rasalhague
  • Hero of Rasalhague
  • 760 posts
  • LocationRas Alhague Insane Asylum, most of the time in the pen where they lock up the Urbie pilots

Posted 01 October 2022 - 03:00 AM

Dear PGI, CB and XP buffs are nice, but please consider making gameplay tweaks (armor, speed, heat,...) in the event queue, like the first time it was used. THAT is where the fun begins...

#34 Roodkapje

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 577 posts

Posted 01 October 2022 - 04:35 AM

View Postvitek r, on 30 September 2022 - 05:12 AM, said:

Please no more Urbanmech events.

AMEN! :)

And there is NO WAY that I am buying even !! ONE !! Jenner mech to do some Event stuff with it : The trauma from the time I had to use it as a Trial Mech is just way too BIG !!! :(

There are soo many Light mechs out there that are A LOT more fun than those two! :)

#35 Dingbat67

• Pip
  • Compie
  • Compie
  • 16 posts
  • LocationCanada, Quebec

Posted 01 October 2022 - 08:43 AM

Dear PGI. I really appreciate the events. Really I do. But could you keep each event cycle shorter? Right now you have an 8 hour cycle for the events. That means if there's one i don't really care about - like the jenner event, I have to wait a whole 1/3rd of day.

Please:
2 hour cycles on events
1 silly event followed by a non-silly event in alternance.
ex: urbie durbie for two hours, then a 4 mech drop any weight class, max 2 per group type event

And please restrict group size to 2. The Soup Queue is already crappy enough with 4 mans, please don't replicate this in the event queue.

So right now, I just am not going to play the events because TBH, I don't appreciate the "silly" part.

#36 TheCaptainJZ

• The CyberKnight
  • The CyberKnight
  • 3,655 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 01 October 2022 - 01:24 PM

Ok, ECM gauss snipers on Rubellite up in the fog where you cannot see them or target them is not very cool.

#37 Sawk

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Star Captain
  • Star Captain
  • 402 posts

Posted 01 October 2022 - 03:55 PM

HMM i wish you would tell us a week in ahead about a event, and then let it run for 4 days, let the KILLERS and TEAMS rule.

8 vs 8--- 4 man groups works, so does 4 vs 4--- 2 man groups maybe meds only, think ahead and the pilots will build or buy mechs to play-- and if they have buddies will talk : )

SAWK CLANNER

#38 w0qj

• The Territorial
  • The Territorial
  • 3,369 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationAt your 6 :)

Posted 01 October 2022 - 07:13 PM

I personally feel that 8hour cycle for these Weekend Events is about right.
I just play QP (or FP!) when I wish to skip an 8hour Event. Then in just a few hours time, I would get a new one!

It is an international player audience, and anything less than 8hour cycle and some players would literally sleep through an Event sub-segment that they wanted. Or it's difficult to arrange for Groups to play together with too small an Event timeframe.

In fact, this had just happened! Posted Image
I asked for Assaults only drop deck, MWO listened and delivered!
But I literally slept through this event.
(I knew this event was upcoming, but had to take injury resting period, and slept through this 8hour Event!)

Therefore I feel that 8hour cycle for these Weekend Events is about right.

Edited by w0qj, 01 October 2022 - 07:14 PM.

#39 Arigato Roboto

• Pip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 16 posts

Posted 01 October 2022 - 09:50 PM

I have been playing this game for almost 10 years but on and off. The event queue is fun! Thanks for making it a blast.

#40 The Chancelor

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 160 posts

Posted 01 October 2022 - 11:45 PM

Great event, I had a lot of fun. thanks for that!

the 10 vs. 10 yesterday was just frustrating though. can you consider banning lrm next time?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users