#141 pbiggz

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 4,687 posts
  • LocationOutreach

Posted 05 December 2022 - 09:59 PM

View PostDuke Falcon, on 30 November 2022 - 09:33 AM, said:

Laconian ships were martian design beefed by alien-tech. Not sure about them in the series visually (not watched all episodes so far thus not know if they reach "that" point). I may try to make some modified martian classes painted blue instead of red\orange but not sure how much would that be "laconian".

The Gathering Storm is described as looking like a knife chiseled out of crystal; it has martian design language, but its definitely warped by the Stick Moons.

The Magnetar on the other hand is alien, even for the Laconian fleet; its my view that the ship half finished in the Stick Moons in Seasons 5 and 6 was in fact the skeleton of the Heart of the Tempest, which they would go on to "finish". They built other, smaller, more martian ships using the stick moons first, to get used to the platforms, then applied what they learned to the biggest single piece of Ringbuilder tech they had.

#142 Duke Falcon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Trinary Star Captain
  • Trinary Star Captain
  • 946 posts
  • LocationHungary

Posted 06 December 2022 - 10:03 AM

I have no idea how would laconian ships may look like. I read how they may look like according to the books.
So I went a bit free and mixed martian designs (+1 UNN just for fun) with protomolecule parts and curved extensions to get something "sort-of-laconian" appearance. And added the Magnetar "under construction" to the background.
Not the best I know...
Posted Image

Hope you like it nevertheless...
EDIT:
Clicky for larger view! Also add this image to the "fan art" section!

Edited by Duke Falcon, 06 December 2022 - 10:04 AM.

11 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 11 guests, 0 anonymous users