33 replies to this topic

#1 Duke Falcon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Nova Captain
  • Nova Captain
  • 878 posts
  • LocationHungary

Posted 13 October 2022 - 11:57 AM

I know this would buzz or even sanctioned...
Yet and but after read some recent topics and conversations about the world we all living in... Well...

The first what came in my mind is an old adage: We not love war but bored by peace...

What happens in Ukraine may sad. What russian do is also sad. Not would judge who has the smaller mistake in it but neither have the right. War is war and it happens because it must.

What the hell you people all thinking? We would live in a world of peace and harmony and go Federation from Star Trek? Wars, catastrophes and plagues are became necessities because of how we ALL act on this stinking mudball! Earth is vastly overpopulated where resources are f@cking limited! It necessarily lead to competition and war. Sad but happens, deal with it! THIS IS F@CKING HISTORY OF F@CKING MANKIND!

Ukraine and russians die? Others starve in the world? Yes. It happens on a world what could not support the population what still grow! To where? Why? Connections, you see... Add humans' natural territorial behaviour and affinity to wars and you must be happy that not the whole world is in flames yet! Not if it could not happen because we easily head toward now to a third world war. But it is not Ukraine or Russia what is wrong here! Whole mankind and our deeds and decision done in the last 3-40 years!

I understand that it is easier to blame and such. But the truth is that it were predictable what now happens. Recite nations' past crimes and be mad about a "Z" in-game... Very mature! Not say that MWO community must solve the troubles cause by our idiotic governments but create inner struggles in such multi-national communities is the very same thing what our mentioned governments did. Initiate and fuel hatred led to confrontation. Woooohoooo! Really...

Spinning around stuffs you could not change is bad only for you. Games and game communities are not for that! Some do that? Yes. But if you react you just feed the trolls and restart the circle. It could easily happen that the next year our nations would be in war with each others. If that happens, initiate flame wars on forums! But untill that try to remain calm and preserve peace at least here! Sooner or later the tides would reach all of us why initiate matters?

Now you may say I am radical. I am idiot. I not know what the heck...
I do. F**king do even if what I said is offensive and hurtfull. Sooner or later mankind must face the sad truth that the russo-ukraine war is but a minor conflict preceed the real storms. We r@ped Earth, overpopulated and thought we could done this unpunished. Punishment just begins! You may wave about my words that "sassy talk" but just wait and witness the next 50 years. We s*cked so badly...

#2 Meep Meep

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 2,722 posts
  • LocationBehind You

Posted 13 October 2022 - 02:26 PM

Should have posted this in off topic or kept it to the Z thread tbh.

#3 Rondoe

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 246 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 13 October 2022 - 02:56 PM

Sheesh again? (expletives)

I come here and play MWO to forget the real world for awhile.

Like the above poster said, take it to off topic....

#4 LordNothing

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 16,731 posts

Posted 13 October 2022 - 05:22 PM

the gospel according to motorhead.

#5 Meep Meep

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 2,722 posts
  • LocationBehind You

Posted 13 October 2022 - 05:32 PM

Life imitating art?

#6 Rondoe

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 246 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 13 October 2022 - 07:01 PM

View PostLordNothing, on 13 October 2022 - 05:22 PM, said:

the gospel according to motorhead.

I like your style!
Freaking love Motorhead!!

#7 Thorqemada

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,365 posts

Posted 13 October 2022 - 08:00 PM

Mankind will allways (be forced or tricked to) choose Dystopie over Utopie - in a Utopia the mighty had no might to rule as they see fit.

#8 Gasboy

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Spear
  • The Spear
  • 265 posts

Posted 14 October 2022 - 04:11 AM

View PostDuke Falcon, on 13 October 2022 - 11:57 AM, said:

I know this would buzz or even sanctioned...

[snip]

Great rant and all, but what does it have to do with MWO? :P

I'm not just being cheeky. We're all getting bombarded by crap about the conflict in Ukraine. The news, social media, companies breaking their necks trying to bend over backwards far enough to be the first to laud how pro-Ukraine/anti-war they are. I was done with it about 5 minutes after Putin declared his misadventure in war was on.

#9 feeWAIVER

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,628 posts

Posted 14 October 2022 - 05:39 AM

View PostGasboy, on 14 October 2022 - 04:11 AM, said:

Great rant and all, but what does it have to do with MWO? :P

PGI picked a side, and ran an event to support Ukraine.
PGI involved MWO, themselves.

#10 w4ldO

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • 296 posts

Posted 14 October 2022 - 06:01 AM

View PostDuke Falcon, on 13 October 2022 - 11:57 AM, said:

What the hell you people all thinking? We would live in a world of peace and harmony and go Federation from Star Trek?

The Star Trek Federation is pressuring smaller civilizations to either join or get annihilated by the Klingon empire. When those civs then join the federation out of fear they get send to die as cannon fodder in a remote conflict.
Educate yourself what the federation really is.

30 million dead people since world war 2, mostly civilians. the elephant in the room never gets named......yet when russia starts a local conflict the world comes to a standstill, strange isnt it?

#11 Knownswift

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 269 posts

Posted 14 October 2022 - 06:40 AM

It is not strange for the whole world to stop and gawk when a nuclear power starts a shitfit, regardless of circumstance.

#12 w4ldO

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • 296 posts

Posted 14 October 2022 - 06:57 AM

View PostKnownswift, on 14 October 2022 - 06:40 AM, said:

It is not strange for the whole world to stop and gawk when a nuclear power starts a shitfit, regardless of circumstance.

Nicaragua
Cuba
Iran
Venuzuela
Chile
Syria
Libya
Korea
Vietnam
Cambodia
Iraq
Panama
Grenada
Yugoslavia
Afghanistan
Lebanon
or do i need to grab the actual list?

Edited by w4ldO, 14 October 2022 - 07:02 AM.

#13 Knownswift

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 269 posts

Posted 14 October 2022 - 07:04 AM

As an American I feel totally qualified to call a landgrab when I see one.

#14 w4ldO

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • 296 posts

Posted 14 October 2022 - 07:25 AM

View PostKnownswift, on 14 October 2022 - 07:04 AM, said:

As an American I feel totally qualified to call a landgrab when I see one.

the US is occupying syrian oilfields and is exporting that oil stripping syria from the proceeds plunging the syrian population into poverty
which is illegal under international law
while also keeping sanctions on syria

in libya NATO members enacted a no-fly area which is a defacto declaration of war, from a so-called defensive alliance

in iraq you made up some silly excuse of WMDs to invade, while also feeding the sheep a false narrative of "no blood for oil" while the real reason for that invasion was Sadams gold

but as long as you tell the world you want to bring democracy to a region, everything is fine i guess.

#15 Knownswift

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 269 posts

Posted 14 October 2022 - 07:45 AM

I mean, something like a third of the world probably hates my country, and I don't blame them. On other hand, Russia still not justified in what they're doing and where I live doesn't change that. And it doesn't change that they're mostly getting away with it for the same reason my country mostly gets away with things.

Edited by Knownswift, 14 October 2022 - 07:46 AM.

#16 Nightbird

• The God of Death
  • The God of Death
  • 7,518 posts

Posted 14 October 2022 - 07:47 AM

Given how much hate the OP has, peace is just a dream.

#17 LordNothing

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 16,731 posts

Posted 14 October 2022 - 07:48 AM

View PostKnownswift, on 14 October 2022 - 06:40 AM, said:

what we need are more nuclear powers. they inevitably allowed world wars to be replaced by less destructive proxy wars. when the proxies also have nukes, they are lest subject to being exploited by the big boys. open source nuclear weapons would probibly put an end to war entirely. its essentially global libertarianism. when everyone packs heat, everyone develops manors.

im an alaskan, and were an oil state. most of our wealth comes from oil. so it pains me to see my own government opt to import oil as opposed to expanding oil production domestically. were essentially siphoning the 3rd world's gas tank while maintaining our own horde. that keeps them poor and us powerful. nuclear weapons would allow those countries to say no, or at least negotiate a better deal for themselves.

#18 Knownswift

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 269 posts

Posted 14 October 2022 - 07:55 AM

No, the world needs the Gundam Fight from G Gundam.

#19 Nightbird

• The God of Death
  • The God of Death
  • 7,518 posts

Posted 14 October 2022 - 07:55 AM

View PostLordNothing, on 14 October 2022 - 07:48 AM, said:

what we need are more nuclear powers. they inevitably allowed world wars to be replaced by less destructive proxy wars. when the proxies also have nukes, they are lest subject to being exploited by the big boys. open source nuclear weapons would probibly put an end to war entirely. its essentially global libertarianism. when everyone packs heat, everyone develops manors.

im an alaskan, and were an oil state. most of our wealth comes from oil. so it pains me to see my own government opt to import oil as opposed to expanding oil production domestically. were essentially siphoning the 3rd world's gas tank while maintaining our own horde. that keeps them poor and us powerful. nuclear weapons would allow those countries to say no, or at least negotiate a better deal for themselves.

Countries with low-to-zero gun ownerships have low-to-zero gun deaths.

If you are willing to accept one or two nukes going off every year, by all means, let everyone have nukes.

#20 LordNothing

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 16,731 posts

Posted 14 October 2022 - 08:04 AM

View PostNightbird, on 14 October 2022 - 07:55 AM, said:

Countries with low-to-zero gun ownerships have low-to-zero gun deaths.

If you are willing to accept one or two nukes going off every year, by all means, let everyone have nukes.

world powers are not the same as individuals. when getting nuked is a serious threat to your wealth and power you tend to be more restrained. these are not people who have nothing to lose.

Edited by LordNothing, 14 October 2022 - 08:05 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users