No "t" For Dead Players

94 replies to this topic

#41 VixNix

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • 441 posts

Posted 23 December 2022 - 10:55 AM

Domination map on canyon, 1 player left on BLUE and 20 seconds left 'till the end of the game...

Location given to RED by VIOLATOR!

SHUT OFF "T" FOR DEAD PLAYERS!!!

Edited by VixNix, 23 December 2022 - 10:55 AM.

#42 VixNix

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • 441 posts

Posted 01 January 2023 - 06:05 AM

Happy New Year!!!

SHUT OFF "T" FOR DEAD PLAYERS!

#43 ScrapIron Prime

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 4,817 posts
  • LocationSmack dab in the middle of Ohio

Posted 02 January 2023 - 09:28 AM

View PostVixNix, on 23 December 2022 - 10:55 AM, said:

Domination map on canyon, 1 player left on BLUE and 20 seconds left 'till the end of the game...

Location given to RED by VIOLATOR!

That's more of a "right click and report the player" kind of thing.

Because I'm still not in favor of shutting off friendly banter or being able to congratulate the red player for that epic headshot I just died from. Leave T where it is.

Edited by ScrapIron Prime, 02 January 2023 - 09:32 AM.

#44 VixNix

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • 441 posts

Posted 03 January 2023 - 03:23 PM

View PostScrapIron Prime, on 02 January 2023 - 09:28 AM, said:

That's more of a "right click and report the player" kind of thing.

Because I'm still not in favor of shutting off friendly banter or being able to congratulate the red player for that epic headshot I just died from. Leave T where it is.

If only reporting players ACTUALLY did anything....

It does not because there is a magical threshold number of reports required prior to a review even being thought of, and by all evidence (typically the same players giving away locations) NOTHING is done to prevent this violation.

SHUT OFF "T" FOR DEAD PLAYERS!

#45 ScrapIron Prime

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 4,817 posts

Posted 03 January 2023 - 05:27 PM

Sounds like a customer service issue. I don't think an appropriate remedy is to erect yet another barrier to player communication in the game. That would punish everyone for the actions of a few.

#46 VixNix

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • 441 posts

Posted 03 January 2023 - 07:10 PM

View PostScrapIron Prime, on 03 January 2023 - 05:27 PM, said:

Sounds like a customer service issue. I don't think an appropriate remedy is to erect yet another barrier to player communication in the game. That would punish everyone for the actions of a few.

Yes, please punish everyone instead of allowing a few to keep on breaking ToS...

#47 VixNix

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • 441 posts

Posted 10 January 2023 - 04:34 AM

No all talk "T" for dead players!!!

OR

One confirmed report (a single player reporting another player) for giving location (assisting the enemy) = a week long ban for first occurrence, a month for the second and a year for the third.

#48 KursedVixen

• The Wolf
  • The Wolf
  • 2,880 posts
  • LocationLook at my Arctic Wolf. Closer... Closer...

Posted 10 January 2023 - 04:44 AM

View PostStab Wound, on 19 October 2022 - 11:37 AM, said:

Don't feel bad, I firmly believe that "Feature Suggestions" is just a graveyard.

You could post 100 good ideas here and instead of getting a, "Thank you we will consider it."
you would probably get a forum ban with the admonition, "Stop Spamming This Forum!" Posted Image

You have a very good idea, and even though I support it I really can't do anything but say that it is a good idea.

I notice you're a T1, it's kind of sad if that sort of shenanigans is still happening there.
Funny i actually got banned from the suggestions part of the MWLL2 discord for that exact thing they kept saying "We're not there yet.' Well I personally thought to myself "WELL THE WRITE IT DOWN FOR LATER" and then when you are ready for it you have a list of things to possibly do if not okay at least your not banning people for making suggetions.... as for this I'm not 100% on it using all talk you can still curse out the other team or tell the enemy team the location of the last player if he/she is hiding.

#49 Ignatius Audene

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,179 posts

Posted 10 January 2023 - 05:40 AM

View PostVixNix, on 01 November 2022 - 05:24 AM, said:

I've already pointed that out...

No one cares about the violation of ToS except the person whos location is being reported.

The removal of "T" for dead players eliminates this issue without affecting game play.

And eliminates any form of sportsmanship like GG in the process. If your cords are often given away, I suspect u are breaking the tos before bye being shut down / not active? I am playing since close beta, and this never happened to me...

#50 KursedVixen

• The Wolf
  • The Wolf
  • 2,880 posts

Posted 10 January 2023 - 07:25 AM

View PostIgnatius Audene, on 10 January 2023 - 05:40 AM, said:

And eliminates any form of sportsmanship like GG in the process. If your cords are often given away, I suspect u are breaking the tos before bye being shut down / not active? I am playing since close beta, and this never happened to me...
is it against tos to shut down if your the only one left?

#51 Aidan Crenshaw

• The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 3,607 posts

Posted 10 January 2023 - 12:36 PM

View PostKursedVixen, on 10 January 2023 - 07:25 AM, said:

is it against tos to shut down if your the only one left?

it surely is

Code of Conduct said:

NON-PARTICIPATION

Out of all the Code of Conduct guidelines, the interpretation of what constitutes non-participation is probably the most commonly debated.
The purpose of the information below is to clarify our policies on non-participation, and to outline what can be classified as non-participation.
Going AFK (away from keyboard)
The absence of even one player in a match can directly impact the playing experience and level of enjoyment for all other players in that match. Initiating the search for a match should be seen as an unspoken commitment to all other players who will be placed into the same match.
We completely understand that life goes on regardless of your participation in a game, but walking away from the computer or alt+tabbing out to browse the internet after initiating a match and not returning in time to provide meaningful assistance to your teammates are considered acts of non-participation.
Shutting Down your ‘Mech or avoiding engagements with the enemy, and when doing so might be considered non-participation
All pilots have access to a Shutdown command for their ‘Mechs, mapped by default to the ‘P’ key and listed as ‘Toggle Power’ in the keyboard menu.
The primary benefit to shutting down your ‘Mech is that it will no longer appear on enemy radar. In the deciding moments of a close match with few ‘Mechs left standing on the battlefield, effective use of the shutdown mechanic and/or evasion tactics has the potential to provide you with the following benefits:
  • Breaking a target lock
  • Appearing ‘heat neutral’ on maps where Thermal Vision might commonly be used
  • Presenting on opportunity for staging an ambush
  • Evading detection long enough to secure a win through Conquest points
  • Evading detection long enough to secure a timer expiration win when you have superior numbers, in circumstances where you may be too critically damaged to otherwise risk a direct engagement with the enemy

The above situations are considered to be within the scope of what the shutdown mechanic or evasion tactics are intended to be used for.
There are situations that do not fall within the scope of what the shutdown mechanic or evasion tactics are intended for. The use of the shutdown mechanic or avoiding contact with the enemy under the following situations may be classed as an act of non-participation, subject to evaluation and moderation actions by Support services:
  • Ceasing to meaningfully contribute for the remainder of the match if you still have support equipment, useful modules, or weapons (with any necessary ammo) available. Losing your primary weapon is not an acceptable excuse for hiding and/or shutting down if you still have a secondary weapon, a support-based item such as a TAG, or a consumable module available for use.
  • Running out the clock, or needlessly extending the duration of the match, in cases where doing so will not assist you towards victory.
  • Running out the clock or needlessly extending the duration of a Faction Play match in an attempt to keep a particular group or Unit in the current engagement for as long as possible, in cases where doing so will not assist you towards victory, is not considered an acceptable tactic.

Disliking a map or game mode or attempting to preserve a player statistic such as Kill/Death Ratio are not acceptable excuses for non-participation.

Edited by Aidan Crenshaw, 10 January 2023 - 12:36 PM.

#52 VixNix

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • 441 posts

Posted 10 January 2023 - 12:42 PM

View PostIgnatius Audene, on 10 January 2023 - 05:40 AM, said:

Many times my or other players location has been given away even when hunting for the lone mech to take out, or waiting out a timer MANY MANY times while waiting out a counter...

This is usually a player who only wants to get to the next match with the current mech.

#53 VixNix

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • 441 posts

Posted 10 January 2023 - 12:47 PM

View PostAidan Crenshaw, on 10 January 2023 - 12:36 PM, said:

it surely is

A violation of ToS is not cause to violate the ToS.

With NO "T" FOR DEAD PLAYERS then the location can't be given to the enemy while a shut down mech can still be reported by team members as they would be the only ones who would know anyway...

Note the "acceptable" reasons many times I've seen others have their location and had my location given away in these conditions.

#54 KursedVixen

• The Wolf
  • The Wolf
  • 2,880 posts

Posted 10 January 2023 - 06:58 PM

View PostAidan Crenshaw, on 10 January 2023 - 12:36 PM, said:

it surely is
I've seen alot of running out the clock....so if it was that serious alot of people would be hit with TOS violations.

#55 Aidan Crenshaw

• The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 3,607 posts

Posted 11 January 2023 - 05:37 AM

View PostKursedVixen, on 10 January 2023 - 06:58 PM, said:

I've seen alot of running out the clock....so if it was that serious alot of people would be hit with TOS violations.

One has to report for sanctions to be applied.

#56 VixNix

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • 441 posts

Posted 12 January 2023 - 06:52 AM

View PostAidan Crenshaw, on 11 January 2023 - 05:37 AM, said:

One has to report for sanctions to be applied.

Yes, and one report wont do anything, there has to be multiple reports for it to even get noticed, then there is still the question of will anything be done about it?

If "T" is removed for dead players then you are only left with the option to report instead of the option to VIOLATE ToS...

REMOVE "T" ALL TALK FOR DEAD PLAYERS!!!

#57 KursedVixen

• The Wolf
  • The Wolf
  • 2,880 posts

Posted 13 January 2023 - 03:26 AM

View PostVixNix, on 12 January 2023 - 06:52 AM, said:

Yes, and one report wont do anything, there has to be multiple reports for it to even get noticed, then there is still the question of will anything be done about it?

If "T" is removed for dead players then you are only left with the option to report instead of the option to VIOLATE ToS...

REMOVE "T" ALL TALK FOR DEAD PLAYERS!!!
i don't see how this will fix people breaking the TOS you prevent people who are dead from giving the position of an ally who is the last one left say AFK or disconnect or hiding now you have a problem as no one can say where they are....

#58 VixNix

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • 441 posts

Posted 13 January 2023 - 04:51 AM

View PostKursedVixen, on 13 January 2023 - 03:26 AM, said:

i don't see how this will fix people breaking the TOS you prevent people who are dead from giving the position of an ally who is the last one left say AFK or disconnect or hiding now you have a problem as no one can say where they are....

No one is supposed to say where they are.
IF they are breaking ToS, they can still be reported by team mates.

You can not break ToS just because someone else is, that is also against ToS.

#59 ScrapIron Prime

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 4,817 posts

Posted 13 January 2023 - 09:05 AM

Posted Image

Edited by ScrapIron Prime, 13 January 2023 - 09:06 AM.

#60 VixNix

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • 441 posts

Posted 13 January 2023 - 09:25 AM

View PostScrapIron Prime, on 13 January 2023 - 09:05 AM, said:

Posted Image

Yes, tilting at windmills!

AND

No one says anything nothing changes.

NO "T" FOR DEAD PLAYERS!!!

1 user(s) are reading this topic