The State Of Mwo.

65 replies to this topic

#1 Jokku

Rookie

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1 posts

Posted 10 November 2022 - 04:34 PM

I expect a certain kind of quality when it comes to the game I play. That being said. I used to have fun playing mwo. N O W the game is full of troll's and Troll mechs. Every game I play we are being swarmed with light mechs. Get gud u say... I dare you to fight 2 or more machine gun shooting lil ******* with out getting mad or angry. If that isn't enough. Some maps encourage exploitation.. Namely Solaris City and several other maps that you know as well. Light mechs jump into crevices and ledges to snipe with no risk of being shot thx to ECM-stealth. I do not blame the player base. Humans are geared to exploit anything that isn't nailed down. PGI has let this go on far to long. The people playing their game has shrunk as well. I unfortunately am a Battle Tech fan boy. So I will continue to be a salty heifer until they perma ban me. As of now!!!! I will no longer support your game. I will no longer tell friends to come play your game. I will no longer give you my monthly donation of dollar bucks!!

Your very angry average mech pilot: J O K K U

#2 martian

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 8,276 posts

Posted 10 November 2022 - 09:49 PM

View PostJokku, on 10 November 2022 - 04:34 PM, said:

Dear Jokku,

your post does no exactly belong in the "Feature Suggestions" section, since there is actually no suggestion in your post. Perhaps the General Discussion would be a better place for it.

But thanks for your opinion anyway.

I expect a certain kind of quality when it comes to the game I play.

Well, "quality" is often a very personal thing. Some people might like something, some other people might hate the same thing.

That being said. I used to have fun playing mwo. N O W the game is full of troll's and Troll mechs.

Could you describe some "troll's and Troll mechs.", please?

Every game I play we are being swarmed with light mechs.

What have you done to combat this threat, if that threat is so common in your games?

How have you adjusted your 'Mech, your loadout and your tactics?

Get gud u say... I dare you to fight 2 or more machine gun shooting lil ******* with out getting mad or angry.

Machine Guns have a very short range, require a lot of ammo and require the enemy 'Mech to stay within your reach where you can hit them.

If that isn't enough. Some maps encourage exploitation.. Namely Solaris City and several other maps that you know as well. Light mechs jump into crevices and ledges to snipe with no risk of being shot thx to ECM-stealth.

ECM or Stealth armor do not protect enemy 'Mechs against your lasers, PPCs, Gauss Rifle or autocannons. So just hit them with your weapons. If they can hit you, you can hit them in return.

I do not blame the player base. Humans are geared to exploit anything that isn't nailed down. PGI has let this go on far to long. The people playing their game has shrunk as well.

Where do you see exploits?

I unfortunately am a Battle Tech fan boy. So I will continue to be a salty heifer until they perma ban me.

MechWarrior Online is not some simulation of the tabletop BattleTech. MechWarrior Online is FPS set in the BattleTech Universe.

As of now!!!! I will no longer support your game. I will no longer tell friends to come play your game. I will no longer give you my monthly donation of dollar bucks!!

You are free to vote with your wallet. Actually, this is always the best thing that you can do.

#3 simon1812

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 703 posts

Posted 11 November 2022 - 05:20 PM

I have to disagree with OP, have you ever (you said a lot winny crap but I'm gonna focus on your point about light mechs) tried to drive a light mech?? An urban mechs? Incubus? Osiris? Cougar? You would know how hard it is to makes those thing work no matter how easy other s make it look specially them youtubers.

#4 Ekson Valdez

Volunteer Moderator

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 705 posts

Posted 16 November 2022 - 09:43 PM

This thread has been moved to General Discussion

#5 Meep Meep

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,906 posts
  • LocationBehind You

Posted 16 November 2022 - 09:55 PM

After the cauldron survivability buffs to lights they have certainly become far more powerful in a good players hands. But they have a high skill floor along with a high skill ceiling and you can't just hop in one solo or even lanced up and expect to go farming until you have lots of experience in them. You will notice the most feared lights in a good players hands rarely ever perform and become a threat in an average or poor players hands. Thats as it should be for a tinfoil armor high mobility mech.

#6 w0qj

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 3,576 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationAt your 6 :)

Posted 16 November 2022 - 11:09 PM

Oh, is that why I'm so bad with Light Mechs? XD ;)

View PostMeep Meep, on 16 November 2022 - 09:55 PM, said:

After the cauldron survivability buffs to lights they have certainly become far more powerful in a good players hands. But they have a high skill floor along with a high skill ceiling and you can't just hop in one solo or even lanced up and expect to go farming until you have lots of experience in them. You will notice the most feared lights in a good players hands rarely ever perform and become a threat in an average or poor players hands. Thats as it should be for a tinfoil armor high mobility mech.

#7 Meep Meep

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,906 posts
  • LocationBehind You

Posted 17 November 2022 - 03:47 AM

View Postw0qj, on 16 November 2022 - 11:09 PM, said:

Oh, is that why I'm so bad with Light Mechs? XD Posted Image

Trust I'm no top tier player so if I can lrn2play lights you can too. I was horrible at them for at least a hundred games or so but I slowly learned the ins and outs of each map for the sneaky sneak and the flow of the battle to optimize my harassment and backstabbing game.

Try this to make a bit of a challenge for yourself. Start a fresh account and play through the full tutorial for all the cbill bonus and you will have just enough to buy a fle-20 and sell the extra equips and fit it like this.

https://mwo.nav-alph...9ea410c6_FLE-20

With this skill set once you get the gsp rewards from the cadet bonus.

Skill Tree: a57158d8d344982460e49cdf5ee20743cc05b0000c06e134b06676c000000

If it helps think of playing more like the game was an infantry shooter with vehicles and you are in a fast mobile stealth suit vs tanks and apc etc so your tactics should reflect that. You have a 25 point 421m optimal alpha and if positioned properly you are effectively invisible to a visual scan since your fully bonused ecm will stop you from being targeted as long as you are at that optimal when you shoot and they spin around to see where it came from. It can be great fun to make a run to the rear of their line and then set up and wait for the fight to get good and heavy then start sniping rear torso and ct when they take fire and you can do some serious damage without them even noticing. It's also fun if you have a good position and just pick on a mech and drive them crazy trying to figure out who is shooting them. Scouting is also a thing since you can light up their entire line from behind your ecm and have no betraying uav though I tend to only seriously scout like that if there are lrm spammers. Stick to it and I bet that eventually you will surpass your main accounts tier level as once you break that skill floor all sorts of fun opens up.

#8 Curccu

• Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 4,623 posts

Posted 17 November 2022 - 04:19 AM

I expect a certain kind of quality when it comes to the game I play. That being said. I used to have fun playing mwo. N O W the game is full of troll's and Troll mechs. Every game I play we are being swarmed with light mechs. Get gud u say... I dare you to fight 2 or more machine gun shooting lil ******* with out getting mad or angry. If that isn't enough. Some maps encourage exploitation.. Namely Solaris City and several other maps that you know as well. Light mechs jump into crevices and ledges to snipe with no risk of being shot thx to ECM-stealth. I do not blame the player base. Humans are geared to exploit anything that isn't nailed down. PGI has let this go on far to long. The people playing their game has shrunk as well. I unfortunately am a Battle Tech fan boy. So I will continue to be a salty heifer until they perma ban me. As of now!!!! I will no longer support your game. I will no longer tell friends to come play your game. I will no longer give you my monthly donation of dollar bucks!!

I give you few pretty awesome MG light slayer mechs and none of these have pesky lock on weapons so stealth shouldn't make you mad... As legendary lights are OP thread meme goes "Just shoot the light" and it pops from hit or two. GG EZ!

Fatties:
cp-s
kdk-3 This one can take out those "Light mechs jump into crevices and ledges to snipe with no risk of being shot thx to ECM-stealth." mechs also since it has pretty good 2ndary weapon range that doesn't rely on missile locks and actually disables that stealth.
kgc-0000
mad-iic-sc

Slightly less fatties:
whm-bw
ntg-d

Normal sized mechs:
bsw-x2
grf-2n because stealth is OP it goes both ways?
hbk-iic-c

Lights: You hate these, so I assume that you don't play these.

And there are gazzillion more builds that easily slap MG lights to death with few hits but gave you few pretty easy to do that options.

#9 Cherge

• PipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 83 posts

Posted 17 November 2022 - 05:21 AM

haha interesting, posting in ANOTHER lights are OP thread

#10 martian

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 8,276 posts

Posted 17 November 2022 - 05:43 AM

View PostCherge, on 17 November 2022 - 05:21 AM, said:

haha interesting, posting in ANOTHER lights are OP thread

It seems to me that the players, who play light 'Mechs minimally or not at all, are the most prone to complaining that light 'Mechs are OP and that those light 'Mechs should be nerfed (ideally, removed from the game Posted Image ).

#11 feeWAIVER

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,724 posts

Posted 17 November 2022 - 09:55 AM

If you're a primary heavy/assault player, and you jump into a Locust, you're probably not gonna have a good time.
The light mech will feel way too fast and before you know it, you're gonna run too far into your own death.

If it helps, how I improved my light game..
I went from playing a Rifleman Legend Killer almost exclusively, and dropped down to maining a Hunchback 4g.
I played Hunchback pretty much exclusively for a month or two.. which helped me acclimate to being a little more mobile, a little more squishy. I played as an assist to Heavies and Assaults, going for flanks, trading shots, and not face tanking everything.

As side note, lights feel a lot less intimidating when your in a manuver,able medium with an AC20.

After Hunchback, I dropped down to a locust and played that.. and I played it like my Hunchback, as an assist.
It just takes a minute to learn how to play a light.

People say "never stop moving", but in reality, the trick is to know when it's okay to post up behind the enemy and be a turret, using terrain to LOS the majority of enemies and knowing which is the best target to harass without alerting all the rest of them.
If you "never stop moving", eventually you're going to run directly to your own death.

Now I play lights almost exclusively, as I feel they give me the most agency over how my game will play out.
Surely, occasionally potato king crab will land a lucky shot and kill me, but that's my own fault for giving them the opportunity.

#12 Duke Falcon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Trinary Star Captain
  • Trinary Star Captain
  • 946 posts
  • LocationHungary

Posted 17 November 2022 - 12:00 PM

View Postmartian, on 17 November 2022 - 05:43 AM, said:

It seems to me that the players, who play light 'Mechs minimally or not at all, are the most prone to complaining that light 'Mechs are OP and that those light 'Mechs should be nerfed (ideally, removed from the game Posted Image ).

I think it is my right as a person "who play light 'Mechs minimally or not at all" to say: Bullsh!t
Lights are not OP just need more skills to use properly. If they OP so much, "suppa-bigga-DPS-tanky-stuffs" why so few play with them overall?
Dontcha nerf but share the luv of "stick-together to fend-off wolfpacks"!

As a second thought I not sure what Jokku really wanted to say... Meself not really seein' hes point in the first post clearly... Because it states that "humans behave as humans" and "games are bugged and ready to exploit as games usually". So, "life is life", ja?

#13 LordNothing

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 17,076 posts

Posted 17 November 2022 - 07:00 PM

i have very little reason to play mwo. i still play whenever there is an event out of habbit and mostly due to sunk cost fallacy. but it does very little for me. eventually im going to have all the mechs and thus complete the pokemechs meta game.

#14 1Exitar1

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 253 posts
  • LocationSomewhere in the Milkyway Galaxy

Posted 17 November 2022 - 09:02 PM

All I can say is: Stay with your group and call for help when you need it.

#15 Thegreatdive

• Pip
  • CS 2023 Top 25 Qualifier
  • CS 2023 Top 25 Qualifier
  • 16 posts

Posted 18 November 2022 - 03:23 AM

It's hilarious to me how often this comes up. It's probably every 2nd or 3rd drop in a Jenner that I can creep up behind a sniper or LRM assault and core them out without ever having been seen. It's not because of ECM or lights being OP, it's because those players are completely tunnel visioned and don't stay with their group.

If you don't want to die to light mechs, put 1 fewer LRM on that boat and use medium lasers. Be aware of where you're being shot from. Stay near other mechs.

God forbid the class of mechs than loads the smallest amount of firepower should actually have a role beyond providing locks for your LRM boat.

#16 Duke Falcon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Trinary Star Captain
  • Trinary Star Captain
  • 946 posts
  • LocationHungary

Posted 18 November 2022 - 01:07 PM

Today I had my greatest light-mech experience since involved in MWO! Absolutely worth to wait that 48 mins for the FP match just for the my final light-rage! My last mech in the deck were an Arctic cheetah (HMG-boat with two small lasers) I used to dash out from our gates (we went into push from defense) and ran right in the middle! I dogfighted against a Javelin and Flea, scored ~140 damage on them and survived 20 seconds the deadly dance but it were so intense! Just forgot to check the heavier buddies of the two lights' I danced...

Another proof that lights are not OP just need skill (luck\mood) to properly use them. I really wish we have next time EQ with lights exclusive! Got the mood to ride my lights more often henceforth :P

#17 Eider

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 541 posts

Posted 20 November 2022 - 04:42 AM

Love how people keep denying the obvious then wonder why the base of this game is so small. There is even videos and lights are on par with assaults. But as they have keept listening to deniers the game gets what it deserves.

#18 martian

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 8,276 posts

Posted 20 November 2022 - 05:05 AM

View PostEider, on 20 November 2022 - 04:42 AM, said:

Love how people keep denying the obvious then wonder why the base of this game is so small. There is even videos and lights are on par with assaults. But as they have keept listening to deniers the game gets what it deserves.

The right place for complaining that light 'Mechs are OP and should be nerfed is here: Light Mechs Are Screwed Up

#19 Meep Meep

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,906 posts
  • LocationBehind You

Posted 20 November 2022 - 03:51 PM

View PostEider, on 20 November 2022 - 04:42 AM, said:

Care to show us some of these videos? I'm betting a bunch are by DATA who is a world class player that can make any mech he drives perform well outside of its averages. Also DATA likes to click bait to drive up his youtube views so take anything he posts there with a grain of salt. Posted Image

#20 Darian DelFord

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 3,342 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 20 November 2022 - 07:33 PM

LOL exactly like today. He was in an Incubus with 2 Heavy Lrg Lasers and I think 6 Light Machine guns, went against a Tier 3 and tier 4 assaults who had no clue how to play them, and then made a video about how the light balance is out of whack. The whole video is comical to say the least. It also underscores the need to put into context anything he says.

Edited by Darian DelFord, 20 November 2022 - 07:33 PM.

9 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 9 guests, 0 anonymous users