• Developer
  • 2,773 posts

Posted 18 November 2022 - 09:32 AM

MECHWARRIOR ONLINE

November 2022 Patch Notes

Patch Date and Time - November 22nd 2022 @ 10AM – 1PM PDT
Version Number: v1.4.269.0
Size: 1 GB
Please note that due to compression differences the Steam patch size may be larger than the standalone client patch size.

Greetings MechWarriors!

This month we have the Annual Rewards Program, find out what you might qualify for!
We also have the new Platinum Collection 09 (which will be available on Patch Day) including the UrbanMech, Enforcer, Dragon, Cyclops, Kit Fox, Viper, Linebacker, and Executioner! Be sure to watch out for the next Platinum Collection Event to follow! Also included in this patch are a bunch of map fixes, another round of 'Mech Quirk Adjustments, and Bug Fixes!

These updates are subject to further balance changes in the future, so get out there and do the science, and get us your feedback for future iterations.

And now, we really hope you enjoy the patch!
-The MechWarrior Online Team

NEW PLATINUM COLLECTION 09

We have two new Platinum Collections this month, including the following Mechs (which will be available on Patch Day):

INNER SPHERE COLLECTION 09
  • UrbanMech UM-R60(P) + Platinum Pattern Unlock for all UrbanMech Variants
  • Enforcer ENF-4P(P) + Platinum Pattern Unlock for all Enforcer Variants
  • Dragon DRG-1C(P) + Platinum Pattern Unlock for all Dragon Variants
  • Cyclops CP-11-P(P) + Platinum Pattern Unlock for all Cyclops Variants

CLAN COLLECTION 09
  • Kit Fox KFX-D(P) + Platinum Pattern Unlock for all Kit Fox Variants
  • Viper VPR-B(P) + Platinum Pattern Unlock for all Viper Variants
  • Linebacker LBK-D(P) + Platinum Pattern Unlock for all Linebacker Variants
  • Executioner EXE-A(P) + Platinum Pattern Unlock for all Executioner Variants

MAP FIXES & ADJUSTMENTS

Changes have been made to the following maps:

TERRA THERMA CLASSIC - CRUCIBLE

A supermassive eruption has occurred on Terra Therma and the landscape has been reshaped by this cataclysmic event.
Geological surveys taken in the aftermath have discovered Germanium deposits valued in the billions if they can be harvested safely.
Enterprising mining companies are now enlisting the help of mercenaries to help secure the area and set up operations.

Terra Therma (Classic) has been reworked and is now named Terra Therma Crucible.
The goal of this rework was to eliminate all the problematic areas of the (Classic) version of this map.
The second floor was the core of the map has been eliminated and the bottom floor now serves as the foundation of the map.
The center has been opened up to support longer range combat from the circlular rock formation and the surrounding hills.
Domination and Conquest Theta capture points are centrally located in the middle of the Crucible.
Beware of the consequences of entering the lava pit. There is no protection if you get caught in the open.

EMERALD VALE
Terrain cleanup. Objects bleeding through cement, ground areas improved.

GRIM PLEXUS
Sniper position blocked. Collision removed from area in I8 to allow mechs on hill.

HIBERNAL RIFT
Collision boxes added to cliff.

HPG MANIFOLD
Floor leveled out to prevent 'Mechs appearing to float. Building objects changed to prevent getting stuck.

POLAR HIGHLANDS
Small gap closed to prevent smaller 'Mechs from getting stuck.

RUBELITTE OASIS
Rock removed for easier navigation. Metal Strip replaced to allow weapons to not get caught on geo.

VITRIC STATION
Wall paneling replaced to eliminate visual LOD issues.

These panels were used to replace the old version:

These are the sections that got replaced:

HELLEBORE OUTPOST
Removed/Replaced rock asset that would block shots.

Added a couple spikey rocks to give more cover to the other ridgeline beside the main area.

'MECH QUIRK ADJUSTMENTS

As a continuation of our assessment of 'Mech quirk performance, the following change has been made:

SHADOWCAT
SHC-H:
  • Removed -5% heavy laser heat from SO8
  • Added -7.5% heat in SO8
  • Increased Missile cooldown to -30% in SO8
  • Added 30% weapon velocity in SO8

STORMCROW
SCR-D:
  • Removed -5% LRM20 cooldown from SO8
  • Removed -5% SRM2 heat from SO8
  • Added -5% Missile cooldown in SO8
  • Added -10% Missile heat in SO8
  • Added 5% Missile velocity in SO8

ICE FERRET
IFR-C:
Added -5% Missile spread to SO8
Added +50% Missile ammo per ton in SO8

BUG FIXES

• Marauder-9M(S) agility stats have been changed to become consistent with the rest of the Marauder variants

Patch Files (Direct Download)

To make the patching process easier for players with limited download caps, we'll be providing direct download links for the patch file(s) that comprise this patch. This will allow you to download the patch file(s) elsewhere, for manual injection into the MWO patcher through a Patch Cache folder.

Aside from allowing you to download the patch file(s) elsewhere, on another connection, there are no additional benefits to performing the patch this way; the patching process itself will be the same.

This direct patch download process will only work for players running the standalone client. It does not apply to players running MWO through Steam.

Patch File(s): - http://patcher.mwomercs.com/patch/Production/frontend/FrontendPatch_409.zip

• Download the above file(s)
  • For sake of ease, we recommend creating a dedicated folder for the patch file(s), such as 'MWO Patch Cache'
  • You do not need to unzip or unpack the patch file(s)
  • Launch the MWO Portal
  • Select the three horizontal lines in the top left of the Portal Window
  • Choose the 'Specify Patch File Cache' option
  • In the field that appears, paste or enter the location in which you saved the patch file(s) and hit OK
  • For example, C:\Users\<username>\Documents\MWO Patch Cache
  • Click the blue Patch button
  • The launcher will now check the Patch Cache folder you defined. If it locates the required patch files, it will unpack and use those files to apply the patch.
  • Once the patch is complete, launch the game

#2 martian

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,576 posts

Posted 18 November 2022 - 09:39 AM

View PostInnerSphereNews, on 18 November 2022 - 09:32 AM, said:

MAP FIXES & ADJUSTMENTS
Changes have been made to the following maps:

Thanks for those map bugs fixes and adjustments. I can not wait to check those maps.

By the way, I heard some chatter that PGI has hired a new employee - specifically, a new map designer.

Could you confirm if it is true?

#3 Matt Newman

Live Ops Manager

• Developer
  • Developer
  • 1,023 posts

Posted 18 November 2022 - 09:51 AM

View Postmartian, on 18 November 2022 - 09:39 AM, said:

[/b][/b][/b][/size] Thanks for those map bugs fixes and adjustments. I can not wait to check those maps. By the way, I heard some chatter that PGI has hired a new employee - specifically, a new map designer. Could you confirm if it is true?

Yes I can can confirm that we have a Level Designer and a new Gameplay / Mech Designer (Cauldron changes and Mech implementation) We hope to introduce them to you in a Dev Log soon. We are still looking for a Mech Artist to be able to add new Variants.

We will have some more MechWarrior news coming before the end of the month.

#4 r4plez

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 812 posts
  • LocationFoundry

Posted 18 November 2022 - 09:52 AM

• Marauder-9M(S) agility stats have been changed to become consistent with the rest of the Marauder variants

In a good in or in a bad way? Can You be more specific?

Edited by r4plez, 18 November 2022 - 09:52 AM.

#5 martian

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,576 posts

Posted 18 November 2022 - 09:58 AM

View PostMatt Newman, on 18 November 2022 - 09:51 AM, said:

Yes I can can confirm that we have a Level Designer and a new Gameplay / Mech Designer (Cauldron changes and Mech implementation) We hope to introduce them to you in a Dev Log soon. We are still looking for a Mech Artist to be able to add new Variants.

Well, this is a good news! Posted Image

I am just not sure about the reworked Terra Therma Crucible. From the looks of it, there seems to be a lot of empty open space in the centre of the map. I would say that short range brawlers and medium ranged 'Mechs are going to have a lot of problems.

#6 Navid A1

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2022 Gold Champ
  • CS 2022 Gold Champ
  • 4,931 posts
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted 18 November 2022 - 10:13 AM

View Postr4plez, on 18 November 2022 - 09:52 AM, said:

In a good way. This variant was missed when the first agility pass happened.

#7 Rofyu

Rookie

• CS 2023 Top 25 Qualifier
  • CS 2023 Top 25 Qualifier
  • 7 posts

Posted 18 November 2022 - 10:16 AM

I just want to say thanks to the new level designer, this is an amazing amount of work, and it really gives me hope that all the little map issues will be ironed out over time. Great work!

#8 Chaos Kita

• Pip
  • Liquid Metal
  • 10 posts

Posted 18 November 2022 - 10:41 AM

Been stuck on that Polar Highlands spot in the past. Also, please check the buildings in Solaris, I've managed to get stuck in one of the buildings. . . . and have been in matches when others complained of the same.

Always with a Spider. . .

Thank you for the fixes, seems like a lot of work.

#9 Tselakus

• PipPip
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • 23 posts

Posted 18 November 2022 - 10:44 AM

Guessing it's still the 22nd when the patch is going live.... not 3 days ago on the 15th

#10 Rhaelcan

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Contaminator
  • Contaminator
  • 319 posts

Posted 18 November 2022 - 10:47 AM

When y'all do finally find one, I really hope we can get the vindicator with 7 energy hardpoints

#11 Matt Newman

Live Ops Manager

• Developer
  • Developer
  • 1,023 posts

Posted 18 November 2022 - 11:21 AM

View PostTselakus, on 18 November 2022 - 10:44 AM, said:

Guessing it's still the 22nd when the patch is going live.... not 3 days ago on the 15th

You are correct - Left over from copy pasta of past notes

View PostRhaelcan, on 18 November 2022 - 11:22 AM, said:

Quoted the wrong person ^^'

This is the kind of day I am having - Lots to do :)

#12 Steve Pryde

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,464 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 18 November 2022 - 11:22 AM

Finally we get map fixes and even documented with pictures to show it. Very nice.

And I can't wait for my Huntsman, Sunspider and Corsair platinum mech. :D

#13 Rhaelcan

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Contaminator
  • Contaminator
  • 319 posts

Posted 18 November 2022 - 11:22 AM

View PostMatt Newman, on 18 November 2022 - 11:21 AM, said:

Quoted the wrong person ^^'

#14 Buenaventura

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 540 posts
  • LocationDuisburg, Germany

Posted 18 November 2022 - 11:29 AM

View PostRhaelcan, on 18 November 2022 - 10:47 AM, said:

When y'all do finally find one, I really hope we can get the vindicator with 7 energy hardpoints

VND-5L
The 5L variant is a more basic upgrade than the 4L and represents Ceres' attempt to produce a close-combat 'Mech superior to the FS9-0 Firestarter. Introduced in 3060 the 5L uses a standard engine, armor, and structure. The changes and advancements come in the weapons and a different system for augmenting its movement abilities, Triple Strength Myomer. The 'Mech's new weapons include an ER PPC, two ER medium lasers, two medium pulse lasers, a single Small Pulse Laser, and a small laser. This varied mix of energy weapons allows the MechWarrior piloting the 'Mech to balance their heat load to keep the Triple Strength Myomer working at its optimum efficiency. In so doing, the Vindicator can deal a fair amount of damage with its Sword.

They'd need to do a PGI version of this, since we neither have TSM nor melee/melee weapons.

#15 Rhaelcan

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Contaminator
  • Contaminator
  • 319 posts

Posted 18 November 2022 - 11:54 AM

View Postr4plez, on 18 November 2022 - 09:52 AM, said:

It was in a good way. It had lower agility than the normal one

View PostBuenaventura, on 18 November 2022 - 11:29 AM, said:

They'd need to do a PGI version of this, since we neither have TSM nor melee/melee weapons.

Indeed, but still would love to have it.

#16 Rhaelcan

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Contaminator
  • Contaminator
  • 319 posts

Posted 18 November 2022 - 12:54 PM

View PostMatt Newman, on 18 November 2022 - 11:21 AM, said:

This is the kind of day I am having - Lots to do Posted Image

Do remember to take breaks Matt, I can understand theres a lot to do and going on for y'all.

#17 Duke Falcon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Nova Captain
  • Nova Captain
  • 878 posts
  • LocationHungary

Posted 18 November 2022 - 01:17 PM

Quite a lot of most needed and necessary map fixes! Hurray! So far it seems Y'all made a good job, ja!

EDIT

BTW seen the screenies of 3D editor... Ever thought render terrain base in TerraGen? Gives a very natural landscape and could be imported into other softwares to add buildings and stuffs. Just wonder'd 'ere a bit...

Edited by Duke Falcon, 18 November 2022 - 01:20 PM.

#18 Rhaelcan

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Contaminator
  • Contaminator
  • 319 posts

Posted 18 November 2022 - 01:34 PM

View PostLockheed_, on 18 November 2022 - 01:22 PM, said:

Question for Matt:

Do you guys ever plan to make a "pick your own platinum collection"?
I have bought one Platinum Collection because I wanted one mech and was curious about the other, but overall I felt unhappy with the purchase, having 2 mechs sitting around that I don't care about.
What I would love to do is put together my own pack and I know that I am not alone with this.
For example I would build a pack made up oft: Mist Lynx, Vapor Eagle, Timber Wolf, Executioner.
These are all mechs I love to play and except for the EXE have quite a few of them so being able to use the platinum camo across multiple mechs makes even more sense.

Oh right! Like the La carte options for the clan invasion pack. That would actually be interesting!

#19 mytilus edulis

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 213 posts

Posted 18 November 2022 - 01:36 PM

Nice work on this patch everyone!

#20 G4LV4TR0N

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Solitary
  • The Solitary
  • 907 posts

Posted 18 November 2022 - 02:15 PM

Do I understand properly that Platinum Collection 09 will not count towards this year's annual reward(but most likely should qualify for 2023 annual prizes)?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users